35 Reviews for A Sharper Palate

Asian (1)
Lactose Free (1)
House Liquor (1)
34 A Sharper Palate Reviews

Leslie and the whole team at A Sharper Palate were amazing!!! She guided us through the whole process and really helped us put together a wonderful menu. She was so on top of it, easy to get in touch with and always straightforward. The food was sooooo good! Our guests are still talking about it! The service at the wedding was so on point. We never had to worry about a thing and they made sure we sat down to eat! Highly recommend. It was worth every penny!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Italian, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Leslie Stone and her team at Sharper Palate knocked it out of the park for our wedding! We put complete trust in Leslie and she executed flawlessly to provide a beautiful setup and delicious food. We had shopped around to many caterers and found that Sharper Palate had the best quality food, most professional food presentation and highly experienced catering coordinator. Leslie worked with our unique menu requests to create the perfect food pairing for our guests. The biggest obstacle surrounding our wedding was the ability to flip and setup an entire room for a 200 person wedding in less than an hour. We again looked to Leslie, who handled that difficult task with ease. Still to this day, we're not sure what magic she pulled but the room was gorgeous and Leslie completely exceeded our expectations. We were extremely happy in our decision and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a topnotch catering experience. Our guests are still raving about the food!

Profile Picture Marianne, 4/28/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Italian, Southern

I used A Sharper Palate as the caterer for my wedding a few weeks ago. Every person I worked with in the company was very helpful and professional. They helped work within our budget and gave us the perfect menu for the night! They set up all the tables at the event and it was done beautifully. Everyone loved the food and we continued to eat leftovers for the better part of a week after the wedding! We highly recommend A Sharper Palate to cater any event’

Profile Picture Jenna, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The ASP team was great to work with during our wedding planning process. Kristen and Kyle made our out of town planning easier by coordinating with the rental company to have samples on site when we came into town for our tasting. My fiance and I were looking to offer southern comfort food in a formal setting and ASP struck the perfect balance for us. When I told ASP we were planning on getting desserts from a few of our favorite local vendors instead of going with one of their cakes, the team could not have been more supportive. Our day of contact, Kim, was just as excited about our dessert table as I was and absolutely made my vision come to life. In addition to catering, ASP also coordinated our rentals for us including delivery, set up and breakdown arrangements which made for such a smooth process. I did have to put my foot down when we received pushback on our floor plan for plated dinner service. However, once ASP realized our vision for dinner was non-negotiable, they did a phenomenal job accommodating our guests. Overall we had a great experience with ASP and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other couples.

Profile Picture Addie, 10/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings
1.4

I have heard many stories from their employee, current and former employee how they have been treated. People have been fire and also discriminated by the company.

Profile Picture John, 10/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our venue required us to choose from a list of three approved caterers, and after meeting with ASP on the Wedding Crashers Tour, they were an easy choice. Lauren was so personable and easy to work with throughout the whole process, and we loved that we were able to include my parents in our tasting. Her team incorporated some family traditions into our menu (Polish pierogis) and tweaked some of their menu items to suit our tastes. They also allowed us to provide our own alcohol, which put a lot less pressure on our budget. Looking back, the only thing I would have done differently was to develop a more solid rain plan. There were a few small things that came up last minute that I wish we had been able to address ahead of time. Otherwise, my guests were full, happy, and well-hydrated for the entirety of our event!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Nut Free, Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

This company did a wedding at my house on may 20th 2017 it was't my wedding it was a close friends daughter. They did a excellent job, they were well staffed. The food was very good, everything was replenished as needed. They were well staffed, everything was cleaned up. No mess what so ever was left in my yard they took all the trash with them. the left over food was put in container and put in a refrigerator. They got there in plenty of time to get the food ready before all the guest arrived. If I ever need catering services again. I would use them again.. I might add, I am very particular when it comes to food and this company impressed me. Great Job Sharper Palate.!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture DEBORAH, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Kim at A Sharper Palate was fabulous. She was with us from the inquire to the big day. Guests raved about the food and they were all over anything that needed to be done.

Profile Picture User6437668, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot speak highly enough of the Sharper Palate team. We worked with both Kim and Kristen on our April 2017 wedding. The day was flawless! Several years earlier, Sharper Palate catered my now sister-in-law's wedding and did a tremendous job. We found that there were even more incredible than we remembered!
The food was outstanding! I don't just mean outstanding for wedding food, I mean actually outstanding! We continue to get compliments on the food from our wedding guests! We found the entire team at Sharper Palate to be responsive and very professional. Kristen attended our venue walk through's and had great suggestions. She was also willing to work within the venue's requirements and be flexible to make our day perfect. Kim also went above and beyond to help us work through some issues with a difficult vendor and helped ensure that our day went off without a hitch.
Sharper Palate may be a tad pricier than some of the other caterers in town but you truly get what you pay for here. We had top notch service and delicious food. It was worth every penny!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Kosher, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, House Beer, Liquor License, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

A Sharper Palate catered my rehearsal dinner and wedding this past weekend, and I have so many adjectives to describe them I don’t know where to start. During my planning, the top priority for me was to have an attentive, professional caterer and good food. My planner’s first recommendation was A Sharper Palate and honestly I didn’t search any further. We went to the tasting, and I was so impressed with Kristen and Jamie (and the food) that the search stopped there. Their level of professionalism was remarkable. I couldn’t have asked for better service; they were so attentive and detail oriented.

We opted for a mix & mingle style reception, and our rehearsal dinner was BBQ. It was all so delicious; our guests raved about all the food! Kristen made planning so easy; she drove the process, and I was beyond pleased and surprised by all that she controlled (ordering liquor, rentals, set up, food, reception layout)! I did not have a full appreciation for all that the caterer does to facilitate a wedding and could not imagine having pulled everything together without Kristen’s involvement! Everyone warned me we would not eat on our wedding day; they were mostly correct. The staff was so attentive and was already right there to offer food & beverage. They even together a beautiful basket of food for us, including cake slices so that we could enjoy it later! Every option we chose at our tasting was just as amazing and the service was superb! A Sharper Palate set the bar for anyone else I will ever deal with in the service industry.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, American, Southern, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Lauren and her team from A Sharper Palate catered my daughter's wedding reception at the Science Museum of Virginia. From the first contact, throughout the planning process, and until the end of the reception, Lauren was a pleasure to work with. She helped keep us within our budget with helpful suggestions and took care of every detail of service. At the reception, we truly had no worries and could sit back and enjoy!

Profile Picture Donna, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

I would tell any couple who are looking for a good caterer for their wedding to stop looking now and hire A Sharper Palate immediately! They catered my daughter's wedding this past weekend and they were phenomenal in every way. The food was amazing, better than I could have ever hoped for, and all our friends raved about it too! In addition to that they were so easy to work with. Almost every single time I called to ask questions I was able to talk to Leslie immediately, and she was so nice and helpful. And if I didn't get to talk to her she emailed me back almost immediately. It was great. She also helped me with the tent layout and with the layout of extras all around the wedding, such as the cake table and extra seating etc.. Her staff were all really nice too and all of them, including Leslie worked themselves tirelessly to give us good service all night long. I can't say enough good things about them. Hire them. You won't be sorry!

Profile Picture katherine, 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, American, Clean Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s)

We chose the Q BBQ served by a sharper palate, and we were so pleased! All of my guests commented on how delicious the food was! The staff were so pleasant and worked with all of my requests to make everything perfect! I would definitely use them again for other functions!

Profile Picture Hannah, 3/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Leslie Stone and her team are absolutely brilliant. My husband and I are both in the food and wine industries and were searching for the perfect caterer that could offer high quality food at a fair price. A Sharper Palate exceeded expectations. I typically find wedding food poor to average and did not want this to be the case for our wedding. We worked very closely with Leslie and her team to create the ideal menu for sharing. My husband's mother has celiac disease and the team of chefs worked to ensure the entire wedding with gluten free. The passed hors d'oeuvres were delicious and non traditional. We wanted to serve a cold cucumber soup as the first course and they were willing to make my mom's actual recipe. For the main course, the beef tenderloin was cooked to a perfect medium rare and the smoke salmon was moist and fantastic. In fact, we had a DC restauranteur attend who said it was the best wedding food he has had in over 15 years. We had other guests comment that they don't normally eat salmon but loved this as it was prepared to perfection. The setup, clean-up and entire execution was to perfection and they were all very pleasant to our guests. So many compliments by our guests. If you are in the Richmond or surrounding areas, I cannot recommend A Sharper Palate more highly.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I am going to recommend A Sharper Palate to everyone hosting any sort of event from now on! Their food is delicious, their service is impeccable, and they are great to work with. During our reception it was hard to find time to eat and they packed us a to-go basket that we ate on for days afterward. I'm not kidding - the food was still fantastic! If you want guaranteed amazing food and service, work with A Sharper Palate!!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I chose to do catering for Q BBQ which was catered through A Sharper Palate. We were so excited to have them and they did not disappoint!! They were so thorough in the planning to the point that we felt so relaxed and that we didn't have to worry about anything. We had a buffet style dinner and the staff was so friendly and did a wonderful job at keeping everything moving. The food was delicious and everyone was raving about it! They left us the sweetest gift basket in our room with all kinds of leftovers carefully wrapped for us to enjoy a nice midnight snack because we sure didn't eat much that day from all of the excitement! I would definitely recommend A Sharper Palate to anyone who wanted to feel taken care of and know that your caterer will do an awesome job!

Profile Picture Ali, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

A Sharper Palate catered my wedding and it was absolute perfection. Everyone kept complimenting the food and saying "this is the BEST wedding buffet/food station meal I have ever had!", not to mention that the set up was beautiful and Kristen was AMAZING to work with while planning. She answered every question, calmed every fear, listened to what we wanted, and made it even better! All of my other vendors and the venue were so happy that I was working with them. It was a breeze! I HIGHLY recommend A Sharper Palate.

Profile Picture Cat, 10/19/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can not praise A Sharper Pallet enough for the FANTASTIC service we received from our Coordinator Lauren Settle. From the menu, to the rentals, to the rehearsal- I could not have had my dream vintage themed wedding without Lauren! HIGHLY recommend this vendor. Food is EXCELLENT, pricing is VERY reasonable, and they do everything they can to make your dreams come true within the confines of your budget. Great deals on rentals! It's actually cheaper to rent China than to buy paper plates!!! I had a lot of last minute changes and Lauren was SUPER accommodating and an absolute pleasure to work with! The initial quote was about 30% LOWER than Butler's Unique Catering for A LOT MORE variety in the menu. A Sharper Pallet can take the stress out of planning your wedding because they can provide EVERYTHING from the tablecloths to the DJ to the cake! THIS IS THE ONLY VENDOR YOU NEED!!!!!

Profile Picture Kristina, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I can not say enough wonderful and positive things about Leslie Stone and everyone at A Sharper Palate! They are top notch, extremely flexible, talented, worked within our budget, our foodie requests and presented and executed a fantastic wedding evening! I never saw one dirty anything, they were on top of their game; the attention to detail and presentation blew me away. They know what they are doing here!
Do not be fooled by the cheap processed, reheated food that comes in bulk from other caterers!
A Sharper Palate serves nothing but fresh delicious gourmet food!
We will hire them again and again! They helped with ALL the rentals and linens. It was so easy and cheaper than finding them separately. I will tell every bride I know to at least schedule a tasting to see what I am talking about. Excellent on every level, our guests are foodies and they couldn't stop raving about the food. I would like to take some credit that we picked good items from their amazing menu, but it was hard we wanted everything. Their menu is so versatile and they can accommodate every dietary need, even kosher and gluten free!
I will recommend Leslie Stone and her staff over and over again. You want the best for your big day right? Go with A Sharper Palate!!!

Profile Picture Caitlan, 7/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wonderful food for our Jan 2014 wedding. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was. I loved the variety of menus offered to us, the flexibility in ensuring food needs for our guests were met (vegan, gluten, nut allergy, etc), and the highest quality with food preparation and service. Everyone went out of their way to not just provide excellent food but to also create an elegant ambience for the venue (science museum in richmond), they provided high quality service with flair and style. I never had anything but the most responsive, helpful contact with Kristen Walker and her team, she was super organized, efficient, and also just a lot of fun to work with. I can't recommend them enough. I just wish I could have more of the delicious food again soon!

Profile Picture meghan, 1/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I wanted BBQ for our October 2013 rustic wedding in Maidens, VA. When Q-BBQ/Sharper Palate Catering was suggested to me, we set-up a tasting. From the moment we arrived, we were treated wonderfully. As if that weren't enough, the food was AMAZING! We decided to go with them to cater our wedding and I am so thrilled we did. The experience was seamless throughout the process. We worked directly with Leslie Stone, who was a joy to work with. She had great ideas and made us feel comfortable. We were in great hands. At the wedding, there were 3 staff members working the event - a chef, server, and bartender. They were all extremely professional and helpful. They waited on us hand and foot, even though it was set-up buffet style. This was a no-brainer decision for us and we are so happy we went with them. True professionalism and great tasting food - it doesn't get much better than that. Thanks so much!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The caterer is one of the most importance choices you make for a wedding reception. I chose A Sharper Palate and I am very happy with that choice. They made the time to meet with us for an initial consultation, during the holidays, when another caterer would only do a teleconference. They were prepared at that consultation just based on our estimated headcount and knowledge of our venue, and were able to offer advice right away. Throughout the process they were very professional, responded to my many questions, and made recommendations. They also took care of all the rentals which I appreciated. One of the most important things at a wedding reception is the food and A Sharper Palate did a great job. One recommendation I wish I had taken was to have more food open earlier. However, Sharper Palate saved the day. The set up was beautiful, the food was delicious (I received compliments on the food), and there was plenty. We didn't run out of anything even after I made my guests wait to eat so they were hungry. They also took special care of the bride and groom, from making sure they got some of the passed hor d'ouevres (which they had to miss for pictures), taking care of them throughout the evening, and even prepared a to go basket for them. The caterer is a major expense for a wedding but A Shaper Palate's rates are competitive and they did a fantastic job.

Profile Picture User3523188, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

A Sharper Palate was an amazing catering service to work with. They listened to our needs, made great suggestions, handled everything from the wonderful food and presentation right down to coordinating to the rentals, matching linens with wedding colors, providing all of the service ware, and providing amazing service during the entire event. I couldn't be happier with the professionalism and enthusiasm encountered while working with Stephen Coffelt, our event coordinator, and all of the staff onsite at our daughter and son-in-laws wedding held at Main Street Station on May 19, 2013. Thank you all!

Profile Picture Cindy, 5/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lauren was our point of contact throughout our engagement. She helped us pick a menu, held a tasting, then met with us to fine tune the details. Nothing was left unplanned, but she did all the work. I didn't have to worry about forgetting about a beverage station or to mention the time for the toast. It was such an easy process. And the food was fantastic. We had heavy hors d'ouvres, and there were so many interesting and tasty options to choose from. They also provided our beverage service and wait staff. Again, I'm so glad it was a one stop shop. Everything was perfectly coordinated with minimal work on my part.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/20/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wonderful food !! Very easy to work with.. Will do what they can to make your day stress free

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/20/12, 6 Reviews