A Sharper Palate Reviews

1 User photo

A Sharper Palate 1
  • Summer

Summer Pearce · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing food and event organization!

A Sharper Palate catered our wedding and absolutely blew us away! We consulted with a few different catering/event companies before making a decision on ASP and they were the only one to deliver on a menu that met our specific vision while remaining budget conscious. Even though we provided our own alcohol, they gave us guidance on how much to provide and helped us choose recipes for signature drinks that met the theme of our event and our bar budget. Our contact throughout the entire process was Hope, and she was incredibly helpful and responsive - even with our last minute guest additions with dietary restrictions, and rental research when inclement weather threatened to derail our plans. On the actual day of the wedding, everything was orchestrated so smoothly and looked so gorgeous (I'll admit I was an emotional bride, but I burst into tears when I saw the cheese presentation because it looked so beautiful, haha)! Not only was the food delicious, but Hope and ASP had the utmost attention to detail - providing extra touches of florals, fabrics, and candles that added to the ambiance. We got so many compliments on the service, the food, and the seamless organization of the entire event. Would hire ASP again in a heartbeat!

Carol Beth · Married on 09/01/2018

Fantastic food. Our guests are still talking about the crab cakes, filet, and gorgeous presentation!!! Excellent organizational skills and perfect execution! Thank you, Leslie and team!!!

John · Married on 08/24/2018

Leslie and her team knocked it out of the park! I walked away at 3 pm and came back two hours later and the venue was flawlessly set up. Guest raves about the food and service!

A Sharper Palate 2

Heather · Married on 05/05/2018

Leslie and the whole team at A Sharper Palate were amazing!!! She guided us through the whole process and really helped us put together a wonderful menu. She was so on top of it, easy to get in touch with and always straightforward. The food was sooooo good! Our guests are still talking about it! The service at the wedding was so on point. We never had to worry about a thing and they made sure we sat down to eat! Highly recommend. It was worth every penny!

Marianne · Married on 04/28/2018

Leslie Stone and her team at Sharper Palate knocked it out of the park for our wedding! We put complete trust in Leslie and she executed flawlessly to provide a beautiful setup and delicious food. We had shopped around to many caterers and found that Sharper Palate had the best quality food, most professional food presentation and highly experienced catering coordinator. Leslie worked with our unique menu requests to create the perfect food pairing for our guests. The biggest obstacle surrounding our wedding was the ability to flip and setup an entire room for a 200 person wedding in less than an hour. We again looked to Leslie, who handled that difficult task with ease. Still to this day, we're not sure what magic she pulled but the room was gorgeous and Leslie completely exceeded our expectations. We were extremely happy in our decision and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a topnotch catering experience. Our guests are still raving about the food!

Jenna · Married on 03/24/2018

I used A Sharper Palate as the caterer for my wedding a few weeks ago. Every person I worked with in the company was very helpful and professional. They helped work within our budget and gave us the perfect menu for the night! They set up all the tables at the event and it was done beautifully. Everyone loved the food and we continued to eat leftovers for the better part of a week after the wedding! We highly recommend A Sharper Palate to cater any event’

DEBORAH · Married on 05/20/2017

This company did a wedding at my house on may 20th 2017 it was't my wedding it was a close friends daughter. They did a excellent job, they were well staffed. The food was very good, everything was replenished as needed. They were well staffed, everything was cleaned up. No mess what so ever was left in my yard they took all the trash with them. the left over food was put in container and put in a refrigerator. They got there in plenty of time to get the food ready before all the guest arrived. If I ever need catering services again. I would use them again.. I might add, I am very particular when it comes to food and this company impressed me. Great Job Sharper Palate.!!!!!!!!

Melissa · Married on 04/08/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of the Sharper Palate team. We worked with both Kim and Kristen on our April 2017 wedding. The day was flawless! Several years earlier, Sharper Palate catered my now sister-in-law's wedding and did a tremendous job. We found that there were even more incredible than we remembered!
    The food was outstanding! I don't just mean outstanding for wedding food, I mean actually outstanding! We continue to get compliments on the food from our wedding guests! We found the entire team at Sharper Palate to be responsive and very professional. Kristen attended our venue walk through's and had great suggestions. She was also willing to work within the venue's requirements and be flexible to make our day perfect. Kim also went above and beyond to help us work through some issues with a difficult vendor and helped ensure that our day went off without a hitch.
    Sharper Palate may be a tad pricier than some of the other caterers in town but you truly get what you pay for here. We had top notch service and delicious food. It was worth every penny!

Caitlin · Married on 05/29/2016

A Sharper Palate catered my rehearsal dinner and wedding this past weekend, and I have so many adjectives to describe them I don’t know where to start. During my planning, the top priority for me was to have an attentive, professional caterer and good food. My planner’s first recommendation was A Sharper Palate and honestly I didn’t search any further. We went to the tasting, and I was so impressed with Kristen and Jamie (and the food) that the search stopped there. Their level of professionalism was remarkable. I couldn’t have asked for better service; they were so attentive and detail oriented.

We opted for a mix & mingle style reception, and our rehearsal dinner was BBQ. It was all so delicious; our guests raved about all the food! Kristen made planning so easy; she drove the process, and I was beyond pleased and surprised by all that she controlled (ordering liquor, rentals, set up, food, reception layout)! I did not have a full appreciation for all that the caterer does to facilitate a wedding and could not imagine having pulled everything together without Kristen’s involvement! Everyone warned me we would not eat on our wedding day; they were mostly correct. The staff was so attentive and was already right there to offer food & beverage. They even together a beautiful basket of food for us, including cake slices so that we could enjoy it later! Every option we chose at our tasting was just as amazing and the service was superb! A Sharper Palate set the bar for anyone else I will ever deal with in the service industry.

Donna · Married on 05/28/2016

Lauren and her team from A Sharper Palate catered my daughter's wedding reception at the Science Museum of Virginia. From the first contact, throughout the planning process, and until the end of the reception, Lauren was a pleasure to work with. She helped keep us within our budget with helpful suggestions and took care of every detail of service. At the reception, we truly had no worries and could sit back and enjoy!

katherine · Married on 04/16/2016

I would tell any couple who are looking for a good caterer for their wedding to stop looking now and hire A Sharper Palate immediately! They catered my daughter's wedding this past weekend and they were phenomenal in every way. The food was amazing, better than I could have ever hoped for, and all our friends raved about it too! In addition to that they were so easy to work with. Almost every single time I called to ask questions I was able to talk to Leslie immediately, and she was so nice and helpful. And if I didn't get to talk to her she emailed me back almost immediately. It was great. She also helped me with the tent layout and with the layout of extras all around the wedding, such as the cake table and extra seating etc.. Her staff were all really nice too and all of them, including Leslie worked themselves tirelessly to give us good service all night long. I can't say enough good things about them. Hire them. You won't be sorry!

Hannah · Married on 03/19/2016

We chose the Q BBQ served by a sharper palate, and we were so pleased! All of my guests commented on how delicious the food was! The staff were so pleasant and worked with all of my requests to make everything perfect! I would definitely use them again for other functions!

Alexandra · Married on 08/15/2015

Leslie Stone and her team are absolutely brilliant. My husband and I are both in the food and wine industries and were searching for the perfect caterer that could offer high quality food at a fair price. A Sharper Palate exceeded expectations. I typically find wedding food poor to average and did not want this to be the case for our wedding. We worked very closely with Leslie and her team to create the ideal menu for sharing. My husband's mother has celiac disease and the team of chefs worked to ensure the entire wedding with gluten free. The passed hors d'oeuvres were delicious and non traditional. We wanted to serve a cold cucumber soup as the first course and they were willing to make my mom's actual recipe. For the main course, the beef tenderloin was cooked to a perfect medium rare and the smoke salmon was moist and fantastic. In fact, we had a DC restauranteur attend who said it was the best wedding food he has had in over 15 years. We had other guests comment that they don't normally eat salmon but loved this as it was prepared to perfection. The setup, clean-up and entire execution was to perfection and they were all very pleasant to our guests. So many compliments by our guests. If you are in the Richmond or surrounding areas, I cannot recommend A Sharper Palate more highly.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 03/28/2015

I am going to recommend A Sharper Palate to everyone hosting any sort of event from now on! Their food is delicious, their service is impeccable, and they are great to work with. During our reception it was hard to find time to eat and they packed us a to-go basket that we ate on for days afterward. I'm not kidding - the food was still fantastic! If you want guaranteed amazing food and service, work with A Sharper Palate!!

Ali · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I chose to do catering for Q BBQ which was catered through A Sharper Palate. We were so excited to have them and they did not disappoint!! They were so thorough in the planning to the point that we felt so relaxed and that we didn't have to worry about anything. We had a buffet style dinner and the staff was so friendly and did a wonderful job at keeping everything moving. The food was delicious and everyone was raving about it! They left us the sweetest gift basket in our room with all kinds of leftovers carefully wrapped for us to enjoy a nice midnight snack because we sure didn't eat much that day from all of the excitement! I would definitely recommend A Sharper Palate to anyone who wanted to feel taken care of and know that your caterer will do an awesome job!

Cat · Married on 10/19/2014

A Sharper Palate catered my wedding and it was absolute perfection. Everyone kept complimenting the food and saying "this is the BEST wedding buffet/food station meal I have ever had!", not to mention that the set up was beautiful and Kristen was AMAZING to work with while planning. She answered every question, calmed every fear, listened to what we wanted, and made it even better! All of my other vendors and the venue were so happy that I was working with them. It was a breeze! I HIGHLY recommend A Sharper Palate.

Kristina · Married on 09/20/2014

I can not praise A Sharper Pallet enough for the FANTASTIC service we received from our Coordinator Lauren Settle. From the menu, to the rentals, to the rehearsal- I could not have had my dream vintage themed wedding without Lauren! HIGHLY recommend this vendor. Food is EXCELLENT, pricing is VERY reasonable, and they do everything they can to make your dreams come true within the confines of your budget. Great deals on rentals! It's actually cheaper to rent China than to buy paper plates!!! I had a lot of last minute changes and Lauren was SUPER accommodating and an absolute pleasure to work with! The initial quote was about 30% LOWER than Butler's Unique Catering for A LOT MORE variety in the menu. A Sharper Pallet can take the stress out of planning your wedding because they can provide EVERYTHING from the tablecloths to the DJ to the cake! THIS IS THE ONLY VENDOR YOU NEED!!!!!

Caitlan · Married on 07/19/2014

I can not say enough wonderful and positive things about Leslie Stone and everyone at A Sharper Palate! They are top notch, extremely flexible, talented, worked within our budget, our foodie requests and presented and executed a fantastic wedding evening! I never saw one dirty anything, they were on top of their game; the attention to detail and presentation blew me away. They know what they are doing here!
    Do not be fooled by the cheap processed, reheated food that comes in bulk from other caterers!
    A Sharper Palate serves nothing but fresh delicious gourmet food!
    We will hire them again and again! They helped with ALL the rentals and linens. It was so easy and cheaper than finding them separately. I will tell every bride I know to at least schedule a tasting to see what I am talking about. Excellent on every level, our guests are foodies and they couldn't stop raving about the food. I would like to take some credit that we picked good items from their amazing menu, but it was hard we wanted everything. Their menu is so versatile and they can accommodate every dietary need, even kosher and gluten free!
    I will recommend Leslie Stone and her staff over and over again. You want the best for your big day right? Go with A Sharper Palate!!!

Wonderful food for our Jan 2014 wedding. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was. I loved the variety of menus offered to us, the flexibility in ensuring food needs for our guests were met (vegan, gluten, nut allergy, etc), and the highest quality with food preparation and service. Everyone went out of their way to not just provide excellent food but to also create an elegant ambience for the venue (science museum in richmond), they provided high quality service with flair and style. I never had anything but the most responsive, helpful contact with Kristen Walker and her team, she was super organized, efficient, and also just a lot of fun to work with. I can't recommend them enough. I just wish I could have more of the delicious food again soon!

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I wanted BBQ for our October 2013 rustic wedding in Maidens, VA. When Q-BBQ/Sharper Palate Catering was suggested to me, we set-up a tasting. From the moment we arrived, we were treated wonderfully. As if that weren't enough, the food was AMAZING! We decided to go with them to cater our wedding and I am so thrilled we did. The experience was seamless throughout the process. We worked directly with Leslie Stone, who was a joy to work with. She had great ideas and made us feel comfortable. We were in great hands. At the wedding, there were 3 staff members working the event - a chef, server, and bartender. They were all extremely professional and helpful. They waited on us hand and foot, even though it was set-up buffet style. This was a no-brainer decision for us and we are so happy we went with them. True professionalism and great tasting food - it doesn't get much better than that. Thanks so much!

Cindy · Married on 05/19/2013

A Sharper Palate was an amazing catering service to work with. They listened to our needs, made great suggestions, handled everything from the wonderful food and presentation right down to coordinating to the rentals, matching linens with wedding colors, providing all of the service ware, and providing amazing service during the entire event. I couldn't be happier with the professionalism and enthusiasm encountered while working with Stephen Coffelt, our event coordinator, and all of the staff onsite at our daughter and son-in-laws wedding held at Main Street Station on May 19, 2013. Thank you all!

Amanda · Married on 04/20/2013

Lauren was our point of contact throughout our engagement. She helped us pick a menu, held a tasting, then met with us to fine tune the details. Nothing was left unplanned, but she did all the work. I didn't have to worry about forgetting about a beverage station or to mention the time for the toast. It was such an easy process. And the food was fantastic. We had heavy hors d'ouvres, and there were so many interesting and tasty options to choose from. They also provided our beverage service and wait staff. Again, I'm so glad it was a one stop shop. Everything was perfectly coordinated with minimal work on my part.

Sara · Married on 10/13/2012

I wish I could give 10 stars because they are amazing!!! Coming from Charleston SC, I was trying to create a southern- inspired menu. They created a menu that that was southern-inspired and completely delicious! We got TONS of compliments saying that the food was some of the best they had ever had at a wedding! The communication was great throughout the whole process (Kristen was the best!), and they were extremely prompt to every meeting and to the wedding. Highly recommend!

Joanna · Married on 06/30/2012

AMAZING!! Everyone was RAVING about how fantastic our food was. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2012

A sharper Palate went above and beyond to make our day perfect!! They were quick to offer help in any area they could. The food was amazing!! We received so many compliments from our guest on their professionalism, great food, and presentation. I can't recommend them enough!!!