Prospect Park South, Brooklyn, NY 11226 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 22

About Jillian Buckley Wedding Officiant

Love in the Time of COVID: I live right near Prospect Park so contact me for pay-what-you-can pre-scripted elopements in Prospect Park. Last minute inquiries welcome! Let's still celebrate love in dark times!

Before becoming ordained in the Universal Life Church in 2012, I worked as a writer/editor, teacher, and labor support doula. My experience as a doula immediately informed my new life as a marriage celebrant, and I strive to bring the same calm and good-humored presence to the planning of your wedding ceremony that I brought into the labor and delivery room. I'm here to help you take a deep breath about all the logistics, and stay centered in the love and committment that brought you, not just to this monumental day, but also to your ongoing and future life together.

My experience as a writer and editor allows me to bring together your reflections on your relationship with those of your loved ones to craft a personalized wedding ceremony that gets at the heart of what you mean to one another and what marriage means to the two of you.

I also recently completed a Master's in Social Work and and am working towards becoming a licensed couples therapist. I'll soon begin offering premarital counseling sessions, so stay tuned for that and let me know if you'd be interested in a discounted pilot premarital counseling rate.

I write personalized ceremony scripts, working with you to identify ceremony elements and rituals that have meaning for you. There is also the option of having me interview family and friends, whom I send a series of questions, and then have a bit of back and forth to tease out the anecdotes and details that capture the heart of your relationship: the light & sweet, the deeply felt, and the comical. I love to work with couples to capture a tone that matches their personalities, bringing forward the honesty, humor, and sincerity that goes into not just a wedding, but a relationship and marriage. I primarily perform non-denominational ceremonies, but am more than happy to include religious rituals, passages, and songs to make your wedding deeply meaningful to you and your loved ones.

• LGBTQ+-owned

Videos 1 Video

43 Reviews for Jillian Buckley Wedding Officiant

• Jenna

Jenna W. · Getting married on 03/09/2022

So glad we went with Jillian!

We chose Jillian when planning our October 2020 wedding, before COVID arrived. Jillian was so easy to work with, very responsive, and helped us create the ceremony we wanted. She was incredibly flexible as the uncertainty of COVID and easily adapted to the change of plans. Jillian really thoughtfully wrote our entire ceremony, tailoring it to both of our interests and weaving in elements from our family, friends, and cultural traditions. She guided us through the process gently and skillfully. We are so glad we chose Jillian and highly recommend!

Sent on 01/17/2021
  • Kelen

Kelen J. · Getting married on 09/05/2021

Great officiant!

Jillian was responsive and easy to work with for our virtual zoom wedding! You could tell she finds joy in this job and truly cared about learning about us so she could customize things for us, even over zoom

Sent on 06/07/2021

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Jillian Buckley Wedding Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 500
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 450
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    NJ
    NY
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• Franny, Wedding Officiant & Day-Of Stage Manager Wedding Officiants

Jillian is a wonderfully beautiful officiant who is communicative, creative, and down-to-earth. Any time I'm unable to officiate a wedding for a couple, I refer them to Jillian who I know will take wonderful care with their ceremony.

• Prospect Park South Brooklyn, NY, 11226 See on map
    617-812-8068 (Phone number)
    Location of (Jillian Buckley Wedding Officiant)