Emily Weddings

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,500 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,500 Package Price

Emily Weddings is a wedding planning business operating out of Virginia Beach, Virginia. This company offers a comprehensive service that aims to bring each client’s vision to life. These planners strive to eliminate much of the stress that comes with preparing for such a whirlwind day. Founded by Emily Petersen, this team harnesses ample experience that aids them in their wedding-planning process. Each member acts as a helping hand, guide, and friend who can plan what you want and foresee what you didn’t know you needed.

This team’s priority is to give couples the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception that they have always dreamed about. Boasting over a quarter century’s worth of collective expertise, this company offers the sort of professional presence people need on their wedding day. Their full planning service is a comprehensive offering that includes a team of planners, vendor referrals, contract assistance, budget management, guest reminders, and more. They also offer a partial planning package that features several hours of consultations, rehearsal coordination, timeline creation, and much more. Included in each of these packages is the team’s wedding day emergency kit, which is a convenient addition that can smooth over last-minute hiccups. What’s more, Emily Weddings offers a day-of coordination package. This collection is designed for couples who are keen to plan the event on their own but require professionals to assist on the special day.

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$2,700

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$3,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$8,100

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Non-Religious
Religious

• Kiana
    Kiana R. Married on 04/09/2022

Would hire again and again and again!

This team came in for us late in the game because we thought we could do it all ourselves - boy were we wrong and boy are SO GLAD they were available to bail us out!! Our wedding was a bit of a production with a lot of moving pieces and everything was just so flawless with the support, organization, and guidance of these amazing women. There is a special spot in heaven for Kate - I am so, so serious about that. Between me, my mom, and my now-husband, she answered approximately 50000 questions and emails; always promptly, always sweetly (I am very big on tone over email), and always with the utmost professionalism!! Aside from that, she is FUNNY. Not just "roll my eyes and kind of smile" funny, but "I am literally chuckling out loud" funny. During the most stressful time of my life, Kate was always there with a quick answer, the best solution, and soooo much good advice from her vast expertise. I cannot sing her praises enough, honestly. Our wedding party was also completely wowed by Kate & the entire team - and this is no small feat because our bridesmaids and groomsmen have been in LOTS of weddings. Kate also was a lifesaver when it came to suggesting vendors we hadn't even thought about to fill in all the remaining gaps on our big day, and everyone she recommended was perfect!!

Everyone you know will tell you that tons of stuff will go wrong during your wedding and I'm sure that's usually true, but because of this team I actually did not have any catastrophes and even if some small things did go haywire, I wasn't aware and as a bride that's all I needed! Also - these ladies come packed with everything you can possibly imagine to handle any sort of last-minute crisis - think of how Mary Poppins had that magic bag that could produce the solution for anything. I even had guests comment on how stylish they looked at the wedding! They have a uniform of sorts and it's super chic and a guest of mine said "whoah, I wish my wedding planner had looked that nice."
    Special shout outs to Brittney for keeping me calm and feeling bubbly while we had a delay due to my crazy mom lol, and to Andelyn for being so awesome about keeping us on track during hair/makeup/dressing and sharing my love for my wedding shoes!

I could go on and on, but perhaps the biggest testament to this team is the fact that one of my bridesmaids ended up contacting them to secure their services for her upcoming destination wedding - and she is a perfectionist with a super sharp eye and vision!

In short, I am eternally grateful for everyone at Emily Weddings. Your wedding day is often the most important day of your life, and I am blessed beyond measure that my most important day was in such capable, thorough, and loving hands. Evan and I (and my mom!) love you all with all of our hearts. THANK YOU!!! ❤️❤️❤️
    Morgan R. Married on 03/26/2022

Fairy Godmothers! / "Can one of these women just run my whole life?" - A Groomsman

It's hard to know where to start with how unbelievably spectacular the Emily Weddings team is! From the very first phone call with Kate, to the first planning meeting in person at the venue, to the tasting, lighting appointment, bridal portrait (quick aside: that Kate came to my bridal portrait at all was just one of a hundred million ways where she went so far above and beyond for us!! Picture included here!), rehearsal and wedding day itself (and the hundreds of graciously and patiently answered and exchanged emails it the meantime), the experience of working with the Emily Weddings team can only be described as having a fairy godmother at work in your life to make your dreams come true! Our main contact from November 2020 through to our wedding on March 26, 2022 was the legendary, the incredible and the truly phenomenal Kate Freeman. Kate helped us navigate every single step of the wedding planning process and ensured we felt totally at ease and confident in our decision making the entire time. She brought her wisdom, her wit, her incredible work ethic and organization, her extensive wedding experience and strong contacts in the field, her empathy and her patience, grace and kindness to every single interaction and made us feel like we were her top priority and not nearly as bothersome as we must have been at times with our many questions and concerns. We felt like we couldn't "mess up" with Kate at our side helping us confirm and finalize our big day; Kate helped us navigate, often on our behalf, any tougher negotiation moments and acted as our advocate and guide during our wedding planning season. We felt excited and relaxed during our engagement season and we know we owe a large part of that calmness - and therefore having space for genuine elation about our wedding - to Kate's presence and assurance. We could have only ever experienced the planning process with Kate and the Emily Weddings team and walked away completely satisfied and grateful for their guidance, their kindness, their grace and their selfless love poured into our lives at what can be a stressful season. But GOODNESS we had our MINDS blown on our wedding day with how UNREAL the Emily Weddings Team was! We didn't know our feelings of confidence and ease could level up but we felt totally swept off of our feet by the Emily Weddings team! From the minute the arrived Kate, Kristen, Andelyn and the entire team were a powerful pairing of efficiency/organization and grace/kindness. We felt like a boat it in a river, not even realizing/feeling the current that was hard at work to make sure our day was absolutely perfect as we floated through it. The Emily Weddings team was omnipresent to help answer a guests question, concern, etc. and made sure our day was ABSOLUTELY SEAMLESS - while helping make sure everyone was where they needed to be and when by being in constant communication over their ear pieces - while being cognizant of any small detail or problem and proactively addressing it (like re-lighting candles when the wind blew them out, helping spot-treat stains on my wedding dress, always having a fresh beverage ready for us at the table, confirming permission from us about when to pass out feather boas, offering to re-adhere false eyelashes for bridesmaids, etc. and all of the millions of things that I didn't know about because they handled it before it even came to me) - WHILE being at the ready to help make actual dreams happen (like making an impromptu, rapid photoshoot happen as the sky was brilliantly lit up in beautiful pinks by helping our amazing photographer and videographer, Emily and Justin Gibby, get out of our venue and in front of our tent - photo that Andelyn & team, Emily and Justin help capture for us included here!). I will stop here but I am remiss because I could literally go on and on about what a blessing the Emily Weddings team is. One of our groomsmen summed it up best when he, impressed with the kindness and professionalism of the Emily Weddings team said, "Can one of these women just run my whole life?" We couldn't agree more!
  • Laurie
    Laurie C. Married on 01/16/2022

Absolute perfection!

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!!!!!!!! It’s well known in 2022 that weddings are pivoting quicker than we can say wedding. Mostly it’s due to that nasty C word. However, my groom to be, had a work conflict with our original date and we had to push up 4 months. I was told every step of the way by Emily weddings team “Don’t worry about it, we got this. It’s going to be beautiful”. And it seemed as the date got closer more and more conflicts tried to test our wedding. If there is a master wedding planning book of possible things that could go wrong, my wedding needs to have its own book of EVERYTHING that can go wrong. All the up until the venue fire alarms were going off and Emily weddings staff just smiled through it, while also checking on the status, and continuing to get my garter on and keeping me calm. This wedding had so many pivots, date change, indoor/outdoor change, weather change, 3 DJ changed etc, etc, etc. The positivity, professionalism, and expertise kept my super anxious, Type A personality, calm, cool and collective. There is no way, zero way, I would have been filled with so much happiness without Emily Weddings by my side batting off every issue that arose. While our wedding was nothing like we initially planned, it was an absolute dream, perfect and exactly the day we envisioned. Emily Weddings will always be a part of our wedding story.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

117 photos · 06/08/2019

Deals

Emily Weddings 1
Gift
Contact us now and set up a free consultation!

Catering Concepts,Inc Catering Concepts,Inc Wedding Caterers

I cannot say enough about this company. These ladies go above and beyond to make your day (and ours as vendors,) run smoothly. You will not be disappointed! Susan Byrne Catering Concepts

And I Love Her Violins And I Love Her Violins Wedding Musicians

I love working with Emily Weddings! You are in good hands with this top notch planner!

Ebb & Flow Films Ebb & Flow Films Wedding Videographers

These women are absolutely amazing. I'm convinced that there isn't a thing that they can't do. Every time I have worked with them, I have seen them face hurdles and "glitches" that that would make any bride cringe on their wedding day. They handle these obstacles with ease and care, and 9 times out of 10 the bride doesn't even know there was ever a problem in the first place. What more could you want in a wedding planner? If you are getting married, the last thing you want is added stress on your wedding day. Emily and her team will take the stress on for you, so that you don't have to think about anything, but marrying the one you love.

Virginia Virginia Beach, VA, 23452
7577519336
Location of (Emily Weddings)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding