9014 Mechant Street, Charleston, SC 29492 Map · Phone number

About DeClare Cakes

We create custom wedding cakes from scratch that get remembered, get devoured, and help you celebrate family and togetherness on the day when it matters most.

Experts in refined flavors and artists in the medium of sugar, from first melt-in-your mouth bite to enthusiastic plate-polishing, our passion is making your Charleston wedding as sweet and special as your love.

Follow DeClare Cakes on

119 Reviews for DeClare Cakes

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2017

We had a destination wedding in Charleston which made it hard to taste wedding cakes prior to the big day. Not with Declare! They sent us tasting samples in the mail and we were smitten! My husband and I are not big sweets people, but OMG our wedding cake was seriously the best cake that we have ever had, not to mention it was so pretty that I didn't want to cut it! They are even mailing us our 1 year anniversary topper so that we didn't have to transport it back after the wedding. They are seriously the best!

Chelsea · Married on 05/13/2017

Our wedding cake was one of my favorite things about our wedding. When we met Deb for the tasting, I was totally in love with her house, story, and her cakes. I raved about the tasting for months with my friends and made sure everyone had a slice of our cake at the wedding. I really pushed Deb on the design as I wanted watercolor painted flower on the cake. To say I was blown away is an understatement. It came out beautifully, far exceeding my expectations. All of our guest loved the taste of the cake. Can't wait to dig into our 1 year anniversary cake next May :)

Sy · Married on 04/07/2017

DeClare provided our wedding reception cake, which was beautifully crafted and absolutely delicious. We decided on a simple 3 tier design with flowers strategically placed. The 'strawberry lemonade' flavor was perfect for our outdoor spring wedding!

DeClare Cakes FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Dessert Buffet
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Country and Lace Florist
    Country and Lace Florist Wedding Florists

Chef Deb with DeClare Cakes just did my daughters wedding cake and it was Perfect! Every layers tasted like heaven! It was one of the best parts of wedding. I am so glad we chose her and I recommend her to everyone. We got to take a few pieces home so I really got to taste all layers. The chocolet was unlike any I have ever had, truly the Best! so many people said it was the best they had ever had. And it was just Beautiful! Wish i could show a picture. I can not thank her enough for a perfect cake and a job well done!!

• Stephanie Gibbs Events (Formerly Sweet Grass Events By Stephanie Gibbs)
    Stephanie Gibbs Events (Formerly Sweet Grass Events By Stephanie Gibbs) Wedding Florists

Debbie is a pleasure to work with and so professional! She is incredibly talented and we love working with her! Her cakes are not only beautiful but delicious!!

• Dannon K. Collard LLC
    Dannon K. Collard LLC Wedding Hair & Makeup

I personally got to work with Debbie and Alison. They were the only ones willing to take on my vision for my wedding cake. I was a very indecisive bride and they were VERY flexible. They give you multiple options to meet your budget, very trustworthy and best of all is the taste of their cake! I'm so blessed to have gotten to work with them and I will recommend them to anyone! Dannon K. Heller - Charleston Makeup Artist www.dannonkcollard.com

• 9014 Mechant Street Charleston, 29492 See on map