Plated, Buffet, Stations, Family Style

About Classic Catering

Great Food! Great Service! EVERY TIME!

Classic Catering is family owned and operated, and we have been catering professionally for many years. By combining a creative flair for food and presentation with an emphasis for impeccable service, Dean & Debbie have succeeded in building a catering service perfect for any occasion, from elaborate banquets to barbeques and everything in between.

Our motto is quite simply . . . Great Food!  Great Service!  Every Time!, and our 5-star reviews show that we are passionate about following that motto.  Therefore, you can rest assured that by hiring Classic Catering for this most important, and possibly largest, event you will ever put on in your life, you will receive above and beyond care from the moment you book your event right through to the moment your very last guest leaves!

Categories: Wedding Caterer

Nut Free (1)
Vegan (1)
House Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)

We hired Classic Catering as our catering for both our rehearsal dinner, with around 100 guests, and our wedding dinner, feeding around 125 guests. We originally found them at the suggestion of our wedding venue, Gardener Ranch. We quickly made arrangements to do a tasting. We were so pleased with the food! Although, I must say, I feel that the food served and prepared for our events outshined the original tasting we did in Monterey. Many of our guests were raving about how tasty each and every course and meal was! As for the servers, bartenders, and event coordinators- everyone was extremely affable, and easy to work with. I felt like everyone went out of their way to create an amazing event. They were also extremely flexible to work within our budget and various food restrictions. I cannot say enough praise about Susan and Jennifer. Susan really helped us through the planning process and communicating back and forth. Jennifer was absolutely incredible on the days of. Unfortunately, I came down with laryngitis during the wedding weekend; Jennifer took it upon herself to make sure that I was always looked after. She brought me food, tea, water, and boxed up some extra food to and stored it in the fridge for me, in case I got hungry later. Thank you so much Classic Catering for helping make our wedding weekend so memorable for all the right reasons!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lucia, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Mediterranean, Spanish

We chose Classic Catering based on the reviews, we didn't even do a trial taste test!
We got married at The Mission San Juan Bautista then reception followed at Casa Maria. Susan was our coordinator. She was great and extremely patient with my back and forth concerns. I greatly appreciated Susan's ability to keep me on track. Susan met me at Casa Maria a week before my wedding to talk about the Reception & table layout. Susan was so helpful pointing out areas that I hadn't considered, ranging from high cocktail tables to needing a table for the cake! Her professionalism goes above and beyond our expectations!
Now too the food. We had the Cosmo salad, Beet & Gorgonzola salad, fingerling potatoes, TriTip, seasonal vegetables, Parmesan & mushroom Risotto, mac & cheese(for kids) adults raved about it! Our choice in food was scrumptious! The quality, the presentation and how delicious it was makes us really happy that we choose classic catering for our wedding. We are still receiving emails and calls from our guests raving about the food 3 weeks after our wedding.
It's not just the spectacular food that we were so pleased with, the service staff were amazing and The Captain (I can't remember her name) made sure not only the food ran smoothly but made sure all presents, and flowers got packed up and transported back to our hotel. She was amazing! The service staff go above and beyond our expectations.
We highly recommend Classic Catering for your wedding too!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Susan, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Organic, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Set Up

Classic Catering FAQ

Glassware
Linens
8 AWARDS

2 ENDORSEMENTS
I have had the opportunity to work with Classic Catering on a number of occasions and all I can say is "professional". They are terrific and offer a fantastic value to anyone looking for great food, service and venues. I can't say enough about Classic Catering and would highly recommend them.

Dean and Debbie of Classic Catering are fantastic chefs and really understand food--and, how to throw a great party. I really enjoy the weddings I work at with them and more importantly, so do my clients.

Events

447 Figueroa Street, Monterey, CA 93940   See On Map
831-647-0114 (phone)
Classic Catering is a wedding caterer from Monterey servicing weddings throughout the local area, including Santa Cruz, Hollister, and Watsonville. Classic Catering is a professional caterer that has been part of the Monterey wedding industry since 2001 specializing in 5-star food with 5-star service.