121 Martinelli St, Watsonville, CA 95076 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Five Star Catering

Summary
Five Star Catering is a catering company based in Watsonville, California. The company has been part of the wedding industry since 1998, catering events in Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Benito Counties. Their team of culinary experts specializes in made from scratch, local, and sustainable cuisine. They feature a number of inclusive wedding packages which take the head ache out of wedding planning and simplify costs. Their professional, experienced catering team assures that each couple will enjoy a stress-free wedding event.

Five Star Catering is all about customizing your menu to fit your vision and budget. We offer buffet style, family style, wandering appetizer, and formal seated service. We love to come up with creative ways to wow your guests.

Cuisine
We believe that wedding food should be FANTASTIC, not just "good for wedding food". We use many local organic ingredients, and make everything from scratch. We encourage you to come for a no charge tasting so that we can work together to create a memorable delicious menu that represents you.

Areas Served
Five Star Catering caters all of Santa Cruz County, most of Monterey County (we do not travel to Big Sur), and most of San Benito County. We do not travel North of Pescadero or to the Los Gatos (unless it's south of the Summit), San Jose, Saratoga areas.

Follow Five Star Catering on
k6k67 51 100512 1558054795
19ea4ebbf9146e93 1355111422361 ViscayaCerintheround
Outdoor wedding ceremony
Outdoor wedding ceremony
VillaViscaya
Five Star Catering
California Cuisine & Vegetarian with the Freshest ingredients ~ All Homemade!
California Cuisine & Vegetarian with the Freshest ingredients ~ All Homemade!
Buffets - Family Style Service
Table setup with flower centerpiece
AStrawbShooter
fwefwf 51 100512 1558052375
Five Star Catering
Monarch Cove - a Gorgeous Venue!
Monarch Cove - a Gorgeous Venue!
4t2q4t 51 100512 1558052436

Five Star Catering 3
Five Star Catering 4
  • Mallory

Mallory Anderson · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome team, awesome food, awesome price

We were so happy we went with Five Star for our Memory Garden wedding in Monterey. From the very beginning, when we requested a quote from them, they were responsive and professional, and offered us a free tasting. From there we were sold! The food was great—I definitely recommend the Corralitos sausages (the highlight of our cocktail hour, praised by guests) as well as the potatoes au gratin (literally the best I've ever had, also praised by our guests). Tri-tip was another great highlight.

Another great thing about Five Star is that they will handle rentals for you in your contract! This was especially helpful to me as I was getting married in a state park where i had to bring in EVERYTHING, from the chairs and tables to the dance floor and everything in between. It was so nice having a caterer who would handle food, furniture, linens, and bartending (we could provide our own alcohol which was awesome).

On the day of my event, everything ran so smoothly! I was able to really relax and enjoy my big day knowing that the banquet captain, Jolene, and her team were getting it all done. Wine glasses were never empty at dinner, our buffet and cake tables were gorgeously assembled, and the team acted with grace and professionalism. The bartender that Five Star provided also did a great job of handling a very busy bar! :)

All in all, I can't recommend Five Star more. They are great at what they do and while the planning process of a wedding might be stressful, they make sure that your big day is not. And that right there is priceless!

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Five Star Catering 6
    Five Star Catering 7
  • DinaMcMahon

Dinamcmahon · Married on 12/17/2018

Indeed 5 stars!

I am an event planner and I tried Laura's food during one of our events and I was amazed by how delicious it was. I also loved how organized the service was, it was smooth, professional and well managed. From now on Five Star Catering is my number 1 caterer to recommend to my dear clients. I had a wedding in Los Gatos planned and setup for my clients and Five Star Catering was again my number 1 choice.

Laura worked with our event themes Masquerade, she added many decor touches as fresh flowers, glass raisers, vases with fillers and a rustic and floral wedding theme, tasteful theme decor and food presentations are amazing! We worked together so well! In any party food and guest service are very important and they are amazing in Five Star Catering!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Five Star Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 80.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 60.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 85.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 80.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, Asian, BBQ, British, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, Ethiopian, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Russian, Sandwiches, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables

• Music Now DJs
    Music Now DJs Wedding DJs

Very professional, and always excellent service. Love working with them!

• Pajaro Dunes Resort
    Pajaro Dunes Resort Hotel Weddings

Great catering services with local, fresh cuisine - the best!

• Twitterpated Weddings
    Twitterpated Weddings Wedding Planners

Five Star Catering is incredible to work with. They are responsive, courteous and great team players. The entire staff works really hard to create seamless transitions throughout the event. (I appreciated how they were always one step ahead of me on the last event we worked together!) From planning meetings before the event all the way through cleanup after the event was over, I was impressed by the professionalism and great attitude shown by everyone involved...of course the food was excellent as well :) Overall, Five Star Catering delivered what they promised, offering an incredible value for the food and service provided. I highly recommend Five Star Catering!

• 121 Martinelli St Watsonville, California, 95076 See on map