58 Reviews for Five Star Catering

Mexican (1)
No Pork (1)
Signature Drink (1)
58 Five Star Catering Reviews

Five star was professional and responsive from the first contact. I wanted a caterer we could feel good about for food and service as we had enough other things to worry about on the wedding day. Five Star was above and beyond in all aspects! The food was fabulous, well presented and plentiful. The staff was professional and truly seemed to enjoy every moment of caring for our guests. This caterer exceeded our expectations. I am still hearing comments about how fabulous the food was and how great it made the whole celebration. I highly recommend Five Star and will use them again! They are the best!

Profile Picture Gretchen, 1/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We are so happy our photographer recommended Five Star Catering! Five Star Catering is among the only vendors we found that do not charge for a tasting and we did not have to sign a contract prior to the tasting. We met with Laura and instantly knew this was the vendor for us. She provided us with all of the options and we absolutely loved that it was a one stop shop. She provided the plates, utensils linens etc... She provides a lovely flower arrangement for the buffet area which is what we had. We were also extremely satisfied that she was able to work with our budget. The staff was wonderful and professional and our guests raved about the bartender! He was friendly and fun! We still receive calls asking who our caterer was because our guests loved the food and were impressed with how well organized the catering staff was. We are happy with our decision and hope you'll give them a call, Five Star Catering won't disappoint!

Profile Picture Josephine, 11/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Bartender(s)

Laura is wonderful. She was so accommodating. She made the planning process flawless. Our food was phenomenal. I never thought I'd have a buffet at my wedding but I wouldn't have traded it for the world. The staff was so attentive. The whole process was great. They made it so easy for my husband and I to enjoy our day. We couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture User5310103, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Five Star Catering did an expert job at our wedding. Things were magically set up, delicious food magically appeared and it was magically all cleaned up at the end of the day. The staff were super friendly and professional and the food was outstanding. I didn't have to lift one single finger as the bride. They even made cute little to-go boxes of food for my husband and I, knowing that we probably didn't enough time to eat.

Profile Picture Brandy, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our daughter's wedding was everything that we could have hoped for (and more!)

Five Star's crew was impressive in their professionalism, outstanding in their flexibility, and ability to 'think on their feet' and a pure pleasure to have around. Laura took the time to discern what type of event we wanted and our style of entertaining, and was able to help us plan an event that fit our desires. She worked with our other vendors to make a smooth event happen, and never felt ruffled or stressed.

The evening was pure magic, and the staff worked to make sure that everything came off without a hitch. The Farm to Table Dinner was delicious, and it was such a joy to be able to introduce it as the products of our neighbors. I cannot say enough about how good it felt to let someone else take over and know that it would all be OK.

The crew was friendly, kept the event moving without feeling rushed, was attentive and thorough, and left our home (which was the wedding venue) spotless. We only have one daughter (thank goodness!) and Five Star allowed us to throw her the wedding she (and we) have always dreamed of.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had a buffet-style dinner at our wedding to save on costs compared to plated dinners. Their buffet decorations were beautiful and the food was delicious. The staff was courteous and professional. If your wedding is in the Central Coast area of California, I highly recommend Five Star Catering.

Profile Picture Francesca, 5/17/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Words cannot explain how thrilled I am with the fantastic work of Five Star Catering! From my initial meeting and tasting with Laura, to the day of the wedding, everything exceeded expectations. My entire guest list raved about the food, and service was perfect. I could not asked for a better experience for my special day.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Thank you to Laura and her staff for all of their hard work for our wedding. We met with Laura for our tasting and felt really comfortable with her. The food was so wonderful it was hard to decide our choices for both our cocktail hour and dinner. The cheese plate they created was delicious and so beautiful as well as the other appetizers. For dinner, we ended up going with the skirt steak, red snapper, butternut squash ravioli, grilled veggies, spinach salad, mixed green salad and garlic mashed potatoes. The food was beautifully presented, fresh and fantastic - I finished my plate, my groom's and one of his groomsmen! We had about 130 guests and our venue was not the easiest in terms of catering prep but you'd never know it. I've gotten so many compliments from my guests about how everything was so delicious. They boxed up all of our leftovers and we ended up eating them for a late night snack! Professional and very affordable.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/21/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

We really enjoyed our wedding and Five Star catering deserves a lot of the credit. The food and service was wonderful. The banquet captain, in particular, was exceptional. The food received many compliments from our guests. Working with Laura (the owner) leading up to the event was great; she was responsive, flexible, warm and generally helpful. We do not hesitate to recommend Five Star.

Profile Picture User4321958, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I have worked with a number of caterers but none were better than 5 Star. Their quality, flexibility, and friendly service is remarkable. We had a buffet and the meat was juicy, the vegetables crisp and the mashed potatoes were out of this world!! The staff was incredibly friendly and everyone worked very hard to make everything perfect for our special day! I would highly recommend 5 Star!!

Profile Picture Angel, 5/24/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

the food was AMAZING.... from appetizers to main course everything was delicious and everyone said it was among the best wedding food they had eaten. the staff was also wonderful. maybe it's the norm, but it was such a nice treat that as the bridal party went through they filled our plates from the buffet choices we wanted to ensure we didn't get anything on our 'finery'.

even more special to me they filled/brought plates to my parents who don't get around very easily and both walk with canes so handling the buffet/plates and getting back to the table would have been challenging. yes there were other family guests that could have done the same, but the fact that the staff did so really means a lot to me and the level of service you can expect.

and they 'boxed up' all the left overs for us - due to a few last minute no shows we have enough food that i don't have to shop/cook for at least a week - another bonus!

Profile Picture cathy, 3/15/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Kim’s wedding day was a huge success. The food was outstanding. Our guests were blown away by the quality and taste. From appetizers to the main meal everything was delicious, served hot and appeared and disappeared on time. The servers, including the bartender, were excellent. They took care of everything that needed to be done and more. The kitchen was left the way they found it. From meeting you at the initial tasting to the end of the event everything was effortless, on our part. You accommodated the changes that Kim made with no problem. We were so fortunate to have found Five Star and will highly recommend your company to anyone who asks. Thank you very much!

Profile Picture Sue, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Five Star Catering is Five Star AMAZING!

The food was fresh, it was hot, it was tasty, it was seasonal, it was something people would buy in a restaurant and enjoy, it was AMAZING.

Five Star changed the perception of "wedding food" for me and for our 140 guests. In fact, our guests are still raving about the tasty passed h'ordeuvres, the beautiful and classy salads, the succulent carving station, and the seasonal dishes on hand.

This 5 star review also goes out directly to Laura, Louise, and the amazing staff on hand which made our wedding day so beautiful and easy to enjoy for both us and for our guests.

We worked with Laura for initial tasting, to create the menu and to answer questions. She was responsive, friendly, professional, and extremely confident in Five Stars ability to make our day delectably wonderful!

Fast forward to the actual wedding day itself; the on-site staff was unparalleled in service, responsiveness, professionalism, and politeness. Louise was on site and in charge that day on behalf of Five Star and took the time out to FIND me and my husband between busy photo shoots to introduce herself and let us know she had a handle on everything at hand!

The staff kept the food coming, the beverages pouring, and responded to every guests request. One of the girls even went out of her way to find me during a photo shoot and hand me a glass of champagne! (AMEN!)

Five Star took initiative to help set up our wedding tables when no one else was onsite to help, and the efficiency of 'tear down' 7 hours later had us out of the venue on time and saved us venue overtime charges.

From start to finish, from food to final goodbyes, Five Star made it happen! We are so grateful to have found them and to have them be such an important part of our wedding day. I would recommend them to any bride looking for exceptional food and an exceptional experience on her wedding day! Ten stars for Five Star Catering!

Profile Picture Renee, 9/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The wedding was absolutely perfect! The tables looked gorgeous! And the food, well lets just say people are still talking about how delicious it was!! We had the coastal buffet with herb marinated tri tip with peppercorn sauce and chicken stuffed with cheesy goifness snd pinenuts. for the sides, we had potatoes su gratin rice pikaf and grilled veggies. The day was exactly as I envisioned, if not better! The staff was exquisite and professional and very well dressed! I would use them in a heartbeat and highly recommend!

Profile Picture Dana, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Five Star did a wonderful job of creating an atmosphere where guests felt welcome, important, and right at home. I could not be more impressed with how beautiful our tables looked and how well our guests were served. The food was amazing and the staff was a pleasure to have.

Profile Picture User2727073, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Laura and her staff are AMAZING! So friendly, professional, and accomodating! I will definitley be using thier services in the future!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was incredible. They were able to make delicious vegan options for my husband and still provide a meal that the meat and dairy eaters enjoyed. It was the perfect combination.

The desserts were apparently incredible. Sadly, we did not get to eat anything other than the brownies but I have repeatedly been told how incredible they were!

I appreciated the care that was taken to ensure that the menu was excatly what we wanted. I also really appreciated that we can a tray of appetizers waiting for us at our seats when we sat down for dinner!

The entire experience was incredible and I will hire Five Star Catering for any future catering needs.

Profile Picture User2550747, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wedding turned out amazing I got nothing but compliments about the food especially the hordorves. The bar tender was amazing and made the best mojito's and the service was great everyone very friendly. The owner And staff are very flexible. Thank you for making my wedding a fairytale!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Five Star Catering did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding and rehearsal dinner! The food was fantastic, the service was outstanding and they were extremely responsive to all of our requests before and during the events. I would not hesitate to hire them again for any of my future catering needs.

Profile Picture Karen, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

If you are looking for amazing quality of food and professional service I would recommend Five Star. We had a difficult venue to cater and the service was on point. Although I didn't sample it all...the team kindly made me and my fiance plates of food to make sure we had something in our stomach. We had a fairly large wedding (180 people) so I was concerned about the quality of food for such a large number and I have to say I recieved tons of compliments on how tasty the food was. The steak and fish were juicy and perfectly cooked. Me and my husband agreed it was a perfect meal. I also had a great experience with the event designer Morgan, she was easy to work with, very organized, and had a great personality. Overall, we had an amazing experience with Five Star and would definitely work with them again in the future.

Profile Picture amie, 7/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Morgan and her staff were awesome catering my Son's wedding. Everything seemed to get done but the staff was never intrusive and you didn't even realize they were there. The food was perfect not only tasting great but looking fantastic as well. We had many compliments.

A great big thank you to Morgan. We live out of state so were not familiar with vendors in the area. I called Morgan many times and she was always so gracious with her advice from vendors to contact to how much and what kind of wine to purchase. She made everything much easier.

My only problem is that we live in Washington State so when my daughter gets married we can not use Five Star Catering. I would very much recommend them for any event

Profile Picture User1706276, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I would like to thank 5-Star Catering for an amazing wedding reception! We could not have been happier with the food, service, staff and clean-up! Honestly, amazing and flawless.

We received so many complements from our friends and family. Multiple people commented on the great food, and also on the attentiveness of the staff. One of our friends (who is very hard to please), made a point to tell us that the staff was "on point" the whole evening, and quickly taking care of everything!

We are so pleased with every detail from beginning to end...including menu planning, finding a plan in the budget, the delicious tasting, all the question answering and emails, the amazing service, and the delicious food. Not to mention, we went to The Felton Guild (our beautiful reception location) the next morning to make sure it was "back to normal," and it was spotless! Thank you for that :)

From head to toe, the service provided by 5-Star is affordable and professional, which is not something you find every day!

Profile Picture Chanel, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I couldn't be happier with Five Star Catering! Morgan and Laura are absolutely awesome. They always got back to me quickly and answered all of my questions. They worked with me to make sure everything ran smoothly from appetizer hour to end of reception. I had some last minute changes to the guest list and they were more than happy to help me make all of my guests feel comfortable with the right food. We got to "create" our favorite salad to be served, even though it wasn't on the menu. Everyone was RAVING about the filet mignon!! Perfection! I also heard comment after comment from guests of how the service and the food was wonderful. No corking fees or cake cutting fees. And, did I mention how happy I was with the total catering bill? WOW WOW WOW!! I truly lucked out with Five Star!

Profile Picture Cristine, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Three cheers for Five Star!!

My husband and I spent a good deal of time looking for the right caterer for our wedding. We were on a tight budget and many of the caterers we contacted weren't even able to provide us with menus within our price-range. An acquaintance recommended Five Star and so we went online to look at pricing and menus. It seemed almost too good to be true at first, the range of menu options for a range of budgets was outstanding, far broader than anyone else we inquired with. Before going in for a tasting, we worked with Morgan by email and phone to develop a menu plan that fit our needs. And while the projected total was a bit more than we would have liked to spend, it still, including rentals and service, was less than anyone else we found and included far more. We went in for the tasting and were beyond delighted with the food and Laura's vast experience. She answered all our questions, gave us tips for saving money, and kept track of all our detailed needs and wants, down to the last flower color and cucumber aversion! From first email correspondence, to the tasting, to the walk-thru at the venue, to the day of the wedding, Five Star was on its game and delivered on everything they promised.

This is an excerpt from the thank you note we sent Five Star after the event:
"We're writing to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you contributed to our wedding. We just got back from our honeymoon and on reflecting with friends and family, one of the first things everyone comments on is the amazing quality and range of the food we served. But what your team accomplished was far more than outstanding food. You took such incredible care of every detail, from the timing of dinner to the signature cocktails, the colors in the flower centerpiece to the beautiful presentation of dessert, moving tables to make way for dancing and as needed when the rain started to fall, making sure the bride and groom ate (thank you!) and making sure that none of our guests were in want of anything for the entirety of the night. From setup to breakdown to the warm helpful tone of your staff in every regard, your team was outstanding and we could not have asked for more."

You might find yourself wondering, "Really, they're going to provide all this?" and the answer is "Yes!" There are so many decisions involved in wedding planning. Check out their services, taste their food, and then go with Five Star and don't doubt the decision. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture sharon, 5/14/11, 1 Review