1535 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte, NC 28204 Map · Phone number

About Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers

Carpe Diem Caterers has been catering Charlotte weddings, social, and corporate events for 22 years. In fact, we were caterers before we opened our restaurant. We specialize in delicious custom menus that help to make your event a culinary experience. Whether you prefer action stations, small plates, buffets, or seated dinners, we can deliver restaurant quality food to your event. Carpe Diem Caterers is a preferred vendor for many of Charlotte’s art museums including the Mint Museum Uptown, Mint Museum Randolph, and the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.

Our restaurant is also available for receptions during the day and on Sundays for up to 200 guests depending on the type of seating needed. A private room is available in the evenings for meetings or rehearsal dinners of up to 38 guests.

At Carpe Diem, we take pride in providing you with gracious service. We want you to leave happy and satisfied, so all our staff are here to insure an auspicious experience. We, the proprietors, sisters Tricia Maddrey and Bonnie Warford, are from Miami, Florida. Our interest in food grew from a love of the Latin and tropical flavors that influenced us growing up. These culinary influences have shaped our version of “new American” cuisine. When dining with us, we want you to truly “seize the moment” and let us take care of the details.

Follow Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers on

Other couples have also viewed

• The Southern Gourmet
  • Roots Catering
  • Bear's Smokehouse BBQ
  • My Sista's and I Catering LLC
Heritage Farms Pork Chop coffee brined, boiled peanut succotash, Benton’s bacon, sorghum red eye bbq
1a7017015c0d67d1 1521834097 5db2fbea404c9512 1521834097 9c1ee5ce630983ed 152183
5db2fbea404c9512 1521834097 9c1ee5ce630983ed 1521834095559 1 11903812 101535640
Springer Mountain fried chicken
Springer Mountain fried chicken
Chocolate cake
Chocolate cake
Ground Lamb & beef meat balls, tomato sofrito, braised collard greens, parmesan
Ground Lamb & beef meat balls, tomato sofrito, braised collard greens, parmesan
Pan roasted swordfish, roasted cauliflower, leeks, tomatoes, shishito pepper picatta, fennel fronds
Scottish Salmon, Spring vegetable Barigoule, carrots, turnips, onions, parsley, white wine,
Coffee Ice cream cake
Coffee Ice cream cake
1a7017015c0d67d1 1521834097 5db2fbea404c9512 1521834097 9c1ee5ce630983ed 152183
5db2fbea404c9512 1521834097 9c1ee5ce630983ed 1521834095559 1 11903812 101535640

9 Reviews for Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers

Margaret · Married on 10/19/2013

Carpe Diem was absolutely wonderful. They were responsive and helpful in the planning of my wedding, and the service was excellent the day of. The food was spectacular. Bonnie did a great job of coming up with a menu that I both loved and could afford, and the food was so good that nearly every person at the wedding commented on it to me. I truly could not be happier regarding my experience with them.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 11/03/2012

Choosing Carpe Diem was one of the BEST decisions we made while planning our wedding. Being a foodie, our reception menu was very important and we did not want to serve our guests the 'standard wedding fare'.
    Bonnie was fantastic to work with! After meeting with her to discuss our theme and likes/dislikes, she developed a menu that was unique to our wedding decor and personal tastes. At the tasting - she took notes on all of our reactions and was more than happy to adjust even the smallest details - from spices to serveware. I loved everything - and so did our guests! When asking what they liked most - it was crazy how many people raved about the food. It was that good.
    I really don't think any other caterer could have pulled off what Carpe Diem was able to for our event - Bonnie even made sure that there were leftovers in the car that picked my husband and I up, just in case we had missed a course while running around all night.
    I would 100% recommend them - if I personally have another event that needs a caterer, I won't even be shopping around. Carpe Diem is it.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Sara · event on: 06/26/2012

I would absolutely recommend Carpe Diem's catering services to anyone planning any kind of event! As co-host of a small event for a small nonprofit with a small budget, I was concerned about being able to provide a decent offering of unique appetizers -- AND with being able to pull off the event within a very tight two- to three-week planning period.

Bonnie was FABULOUS -- she was the first of three caterers I contacted to respond with an actual proposal, rather than a "here's our menu -- let us know what you want." She worked hard to keep within our almost-unreasonably tight budget to provide a beautifully presented spread of delicious goodies that were the talk of the reception, and a staff that was polite, unobtrusive and service-focused.

She even saved the day when, hours before the event, I realized I'd forgotten to get decorations! She offered vases from the restaurant and made a pit-stop to buy and arrange flowers.

You won't go wrong with Carpe Diem and Bonnie and her team at the helm of your event!

Sent on 07/06/2012

Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 50.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 35.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 40.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 18.00
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 5.00
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Buffet
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    Latin American
    Southern
    Southwestern
    Spanish
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Nut Free
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Liquor License
    Champagne Toast
    House Liquor
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens

• The Wow Factor Cakes Wedding Cakes

Incredible passion for food, incredible taste and such a pleasure to work with!

• 1535 Elizabeth Ave. Charlotte, NC, 28204 See on map
    7043777976 (3) (Phone number)
    Location of (Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers)