2808 NE MLKing Blvd Suite3, Portland, OR 97212 Map · Phone number

About August Veils

The creative force behind Portland, Oregon-based August Veils is Andrea Hoyt. Andrea has been in the bridal accessories business since 1996 when she opened her first store, AniA Bridal. As the business grew, Andrea found that many of her brides complained about a lack of quality bridal headpieces.

"I got started making tiaras by helping a customer who was in tears trying to find one," says Andrea. "It took me all week to make one tiara because I had never done it before. After that I vowed never to do it again. Now it's the main part of my business!"

Soon, she found a niche making custom headpieces for her customers and this grew into a full-time occupation. In 1999, Andrea sold her share of AniA Bridal to devote her time exclusively to custom bridal veils and headpieces - thus August Veils was born.

"I have always loved to work with my hands — drawing, sewing, etc," says Andrea. "In college, I took graphic arts courses and freelance drawing art classes. I've always had an aptitude for design."

In 2001, Andrea teamed up with a group of other local bridal vendors to form The Bridal Loft.

"Being part of the Loft has been crucial to the success in my business locally," commented Andrea. "The Loft has provided me a great working atmosphere I share with six other talented women. The combined positive attitude makes the Loft a comfortable place to be for customers. We are not a typical bridal shop — nor will we ever be."

Andrea's designs have been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, Wedding Dresses Magazine, and on the cover of Portland Bride and Groom.

CraigStrong

August Veils 4
August Veils 5
August Veils 6

Sam Ferenchak · Married on 02/16/2019

Andrea does amazing work!

I can't say enough good things about Andrea. Right from the beginning I felt very comfortable with her, and confident that my dress would turn out beautifully. She is very responsive and easy to make appointments with. And not only does she do beautiful work but she's hilarious! I truly enjoyed my appointments with her. A lot of wedding planning can be stressful, but getting your dress altered with Andrea won't be! She may cost more than other seamstresses but she was worth every penny!

Sent on 03/13/2019
    August Veils 7
    August Veils 8
    August Veils 9

Kristi · Married on 07/01/2018

There is a reason why Andrea is so highly rated. She is a WIZARD and can make even a funny lumpy body look rocking in a perfectly fitted dress. She even made me a specialized belt with the seed pearls she was able to take off my mother's wedding veil headpiece..... such a special touch that my mom and I will always treasure together! BOOK HER EARLY, her summer schedule fills up completely WAY ahead of time, so I would pretty much recommend setting up a fitting schedule with her as soon as you set your wedding date (don't waste time dress shopping first!). I was a little stressed about her timeline, having heard so many stories about how loooooong alterations would take, but she was confident and completely correct on getting my dress done with plenty of time and no need for re-dos. Her prices are COMPLETELY reasonable, as well. As an added bonus, she's super personable, friendly, and funny so it was easy to hang out with her during the fittings! I'm thrilled with how my dress turned out-- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Jenny · Married on 11/11/2017

WOW! These people are amazing! My dress came in the first time in September, but it came in the wrong base color, so it was sent back to the manufacturer to fix, but my wedding was on November 11th and it wasn’t scheduled to come back until two weeks before my wedding date. When I ordered my dress, I knew that I wanted to add sleeves to the dress, but with the delay, I was concerned there would not be enough time.

My dress came in on 10/31 and my first appointment for the fitting and adding sleeves was on 11/1 The team worked hard and fast to get my dress completed by 11/11. I could not believe how perfect my dress fit and how the sleeves that were added looked like they had always been there. It fit me like a glove. Both my mom and I talked about how grateful we were that we had contacted August Veils to schedule the fitting and alternations. We picked the right business to handle not only the rush job, but the complexity of the job.

Sent on 01/10/2018

August Veils's reply:

Thank you Jenny for your kind words. Even tho it was a quick turnaround, Sarah and I were so happy to be able to help!

Award

August Veils FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Hair Accessories, Veils

• Perfect Planning
    Perfect Planning Wedding Planners

Andrea's work is top notch. She has done amazing custom pieces for our brides. Love sending our clients her way.

• Bridal Bliss
    Bridal Bliss Wedding Planners

Andrea is amazing at what she does...and she has fun doing it! She has a hilarious personality and her creations are one of a kind and impeccably made.

• Paul Rich Studio
    Paul Rich Studio Wedding Photographers

Want quality and craftsmanship? Look no further than August Veils. Andrea has been making veils and headpieces for over 10 years and has a long list of very satisfied customers. August Veils is conveniently located at The Bridal Loft which has a beautiful showroom space to try on all her products. From start to finish, Andrea will make sure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Also, a lesser known service that she provides is Ladies in Waiting, where Andrea is a personal assistant to the bride on the day of the wedding. We have worked with Andrea on a number of occasions and always refer her services to others.

• 2808 NE MLKing Blvd Suite3 Portland, 97212 See on map