A Sweet Start

Bath, ME View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,400 Typical Price

Visit my website www.asweetstart.com to see my prices and to check my availability!

SAVOR THE MOMENT, SAVE THE MEMORY

IMAGINE HAVING THE TIME AND SPACE TO EXPERIENCE EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR CEREMONY AS IT'S HAPPENING.

Imagine time has slowed down. You take a deep breath and exhale slowly. You look over at your beloved and realize this is the moment. After all these years, you’re getting married! You feel calm, at ease, completely present, and bursting with joy.

As a professional Maine wedding officiant, I know that when couples feel grounded and relaxed during their wedding ceremony, time seems to slow down. This allows you and your guests to give the moment the significance it deserves and ultimately create richer memories of the ceremony. If you’re provided the space to just “be,” you’ll be able to savor the moment and store the memories!

Your ceremony will be fun without being jokey, it’ll be serious without being solemn, it will be meaningful without being overly sentimental, it’ll be sweet without being sappy. I balance the gravity of this significant moment with enough levity to make it a joyful occasion. Your wedding ceremony experience will be a fabulous celebration for you and your guests!

You will love working with me because I'm down-to-earth; I have a positive, cheery attitude; I'm wicked organized; I'm LGBTQ+ friendly; I'm passionate about my work; and I care about your ceremony as much as you do! I can't wait to hear from you!

• Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$1,400

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$1,000

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

ME
NH

What languages do you speak?

English

• Sheila
    Sheila P. Getting married on 01/01/2023

A Sweet Start

Maria accommodated us with everything we asked for, and on very short notice!

A Sweet Start's reply:

Sheila, you and Greg will always hold a special place in my heart since you got married on a Monday in January, just like my husband and me! xoxo Maria
  • Lauren
    Lauren A. Married on 05/06/2022

Such a Special Ceremony

We are so happy that we had Maria from A Sweet Start officiate our wedding. All of our guests told us what a special ceremony we had, and that is largely thanks to Maria! She is so lovely to work with, so professional, and you can tell that she LOVES what she does. We are so grateful for her, and highly recommend her!

A Sweet Start's reply:

My dear Lauren, it *was* a special ceremony because it was all about you and Al! I do indeed love what I do, I'm glad that shone through. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding day, thank you for trusting me to be your officiant! xoxo Maria
    Adam S. Married on 10/15/2021

Best officiant ever!

Maria was our officiant for our wedding in October in Bath, ME – we could not have asked for a BETTER officiant. We instantly clicked as she is such a nice person and cares so much about her clients (and we both love cats). Before Maria, we were lost with the direction for our ceremony. But right after meeting with Maria, we knew we were in good hands. We chose the super sweet package, and Maria made the ceremony process SO EASY and stress free – this was much needed and appreciated. She helped us construct the exact ceremony we wanted, and the amount of material to choose from was so helpful. The love story she wrote about us was spectacular. Fast forward to the ceremony, and I can confidently say it was the best part of the wedding. We had SO many guests tell us how amazing the ceremony was, and that it was the best they have ever been to – we have Maria to thank for that. And still months later, friends and family are still bringing up how great the ceremony was.

I totally recommend choosing Maria as a wedding officiant!! We are SO glad we chose her and decided to go with a professional officiant.

A Sweet Start's reply:

Dear Adam, it was 100% meant to be that we got to work together. As you'll remember, your wedding date was the only date left on my 2021 calendar! Your love story was spectacular, but you and Rachel are spectacular. I love you both! xoxo Maria

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Maria Northcott
Maria Northcott
Owner

Native New Englander. Former schoolteacher. Sought-after wedding officiant. Of all the labels that describe Maria Northcott, however, the one you’ll hear most often is “creator of community.” It’s not just weddings that are Maria’s passion — it’s the people at the heart of those weddings. Whether it’s couples planning their wedding or the professionals who serve them, Maria thrives on building relationships and making connections. In 2015, she quit her full-time job to free her heart and soul to do exactly that. Not only is Maria in demand as an officiant by couples across the country, but she’s also the founder of the Maine Wedding Network, fostering a sense of collaboration and support among professional wedding vendors throughout Maine. Whether it’s by the wood stove in her midcoast cottage or at one of the many weddings she officiates each year, Maria exudes a warmth that draws people in, makes them feel comfortable, and sends them back into the world with a brighter spark in their eye.

Dionne Entertainment Dionne Entertainment Wedding DJs

Maria is a super-pro, she's a fantastic officiant. I highly recommend her!!!

Sarah Jane Photography Sarah Jane Photography Wedding Photographers

Maria is an amazing officiant with a knack for creating a personalized ceremony that shares all the things that make each couple special and unique. Her enthusiasm and excitement is contagious and her professionalism is top-notch.

Flora Fauna Flora Fauna Wedding Florists

Maria is a pleasure to work with. So happy and upbeat she makes all her ceremonies thoughtful and fun! I love working with her.

PO Box 984 Bath, ME, 04530
2073802444
Location of (A Sweet Start)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding