PO Box 984, Bath, ME 04530 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 18
  • Real Weddings 1

About A Sweet Start

Visit my website www.asweetstart.com to see my prices and to check my availability!

A Sweet Start is for couples who want something new! You know you want a creative and meaningful wedding ceremony but don't know where to start. With me as your Maine wedding officiant, you will get a well-crafted and loving wedding ceremony with my personalized attention and professional expertise to ensure you have a joy-filled and effortless ceremony!

Your ceremony will be fun without being jokey, it'll be serious without being solemn, it will be meaningful without being overly sentimental, it'll be sweet without being sappy. I balance the gravity of this significant moment with enough levity to make it a joyful occasion.

Your wedding ceremony experience will be organized, smooth, happy, and calm. You will feel supported by me through the entire process of crafting your ceremony, to helping you envision how it will unfold, to guiding you and your wedding party through the rehearsal, and finally to bringing your ceremony to life on wedding day.

You will love working with me because I'm down-to-earth; I have a positive, cheery attitude; I'm wicked organized; I'm LGBTQ+ friendly; I'm passionate about my work; and I care about your ceremony as much as you do! I can't wait to hear from you!

Follow A Sweet Start on

A Sweet Start 3
A Sweet Start 4
A Sweet Start 5

Erin Tomczak · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Best Wedding Decision we made!

Hiring Maria to be our officiant was hands down the best decision we made, in regards to vendors for our wedding. After skyping with Maria, we knew instantly that she was the perfect fit. It was like we knew her for years, yet we just met. Her energy radiates to everyone around her, oh and she's really funny! We chose the personalized package and looking back I would make this decision over and over again. It was worth every penny. All of our guests raved about how heartfelt, personal, and emotional our ceremony was. You can really tell that she practices each ceremony too because her pronunciation, tone, pauses, etc. were all spot on. Additionally, the expertise that Maria brings is like no other. She gave us suggestions for where to stop to get "the perfect picture," how to organize our wedding party, how to stand, what to be conscious of, etc.

I cannot say enough great things about our experience with Maria and would highly recommend her to anyone I know that's getting married and needs an officiant. The ceremony was the most important part of the wedding for us and Maria made it absolutely incredible!

A Sweet Start 6
    Sent on 12/16/2019

A Sweet Start's reply:

My dear Erin, thank you so much for sharing your experience working with me! I'm especially touched by the comment about me practicing the ceremony and how "spot on" you felt my pronunciation, tone and pauses were. I work so hard on this, so to know you recognize it and value it makes me so happy. All my love to you and Trevor! xoxo Maria

Matthew Pennie · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding Camden ME

Maria is elite. From the first time we met Maria we knew that she was the right fit for us. We met in person and via video chat several times allowing her to get to know us and have a feel for our relationship. She has several options to make a ceremony feel like it is all about you. Our ceremony was flawless and the rest of the night people told us how special it was. We can not thank Maria enough and would recommend her to my family and friends and anyone that was looking for a great experience.

Sent on 10/23/2019

A Sweet Start's reply:

Dear Matt, thank you for the kind words! I loved getting to know you and Wendy. It felt like we were old friends by the time your wedding rolled around. I love hearing that you got compliments on the ceremony. Yay!! Lots of love, Maria
  • Brittany

Brittany Boilard · Married on 09/07/2019

Way more than just an officiant!!

Where to even begin?! Maria was just absolutely amazing from start to finish with the entire wedding process! Besides being extremely thorough and organized, she was a wealth of knowledge and a great resource when needing/looking for advice regarding anything wedding related. She was more than just an officiant, she become a friend & family. Her writing and public speaking skills really took our ceremony to the next level. She left all of our wedding guests raving about the ceremony!!

A Sweet Start 7
    A Sweet Start 14
    A Sweet Start 15
    Sent on 10/14/2019

A Sweet Start's reply:

Oh Brittany, your review just gave me goosebumps! Thank you so much for pointing out my public speaking skills, I think you might be the first person to specifically mention it! Lol! I'm delighted to hear your guests raved about the ceremony. I've been raving about you and Alex! Love the photos from Rachel Campbell Photography!! All my love, Maria xoxo

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

A Sweet Start FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 1400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 500.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    ME
    NH
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Real Weddings

• Dionne Entertainment
    Dionne Entertainment Wedding DJs

Maria is a super-pro, she's a fantastic officiant. I highly recommend her!!!

• Sarah Jane Photography
    Sarah Jane Photography Wedding Photographers

Maria is an amazing officiant with a knack for creating a personalized ceremony that shares all the things that make each couple special and unique. Her enthusiasm and excitement is contagious and her professionalism is top-notch.

• Flora Fauna
    Flora Fauna Wedding Florists

Maria is a pleasure to work with. So happy and upbeat she makes all her ceremonies thoughtful and fun! I love working with her.

• PO Box 984 Bath, 04530 See on map