A Sweet Start

PO Box 984, Bath, ME 04530 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 17
  • Real Weddings 1

About A Sweet Start

Visit my website www.asweetstart.com to see my prices and to check my availability!

A Sweet Start is for couples who want something new! You know you want a creative and meaningful wedding ceremony but don't know where to start. With me as your Maine wedding officiant, you will get a well-crafted and loving wedding ceremony with my personalized attention and professional expertise to ensure you have a joy-filled and effortless ceremony!

Your ceremony will be fun without being jokey, it'll be serious without being solemn, it will be meaningful without being overly sentimental, it'll be sweet without being sappy. I balance the gravity of this significant moment with enough levity to make it a joyful occasion.

Your wedding ceremony experience will be organized, smooth, happy, and calm. You will feel supported by me through the entire process of crafting your ceremony, to helping you envision how it will unfold, to guiding you and your wedding party through the rehearsal, and finally to bringing your ceremony to life on wedding day.

You will love working with me because I'm down-to-earth; I have a positive, cheery attitude; I'm wicked organized; I'm LGBTQ friendly; I'm passionate about my work; and I care about your ceremony as much as you do! I can't wait to hear from you!

Follow A Sweet Start on

A Sweet Start 5
A Sweet Start 6
A Sweet Start 7

Stephanie · Getting married on 05/04/2019

I could not be more happy with our choice to hire Maria! She has been extremely helpful every step of the way and we are so excited to have be be a part of our wedding day.

Sent on 05/08/2018

A Sweet Start's reply:

My dear Stephanie, it is my great honor to be working with you and Chris! I can't wait for May 2019! :) xo Maria

Salvador Perez · Married on 01/12/2019

A dream come true

Early in our hunt for someone to marry my now wife and I, we found Maria and instantly knew she was the right choice. Maria is amazing she is so cooperative she works really hard to make sure everything flows well and here aura is so enjoyable. Even in our most stressed moments her joy helped set us straight again. She comes highly recommended for all your wedding needs.

Sent on 01/15/2019
    A Sweet Start 8

A Sweet Start's reply:

Oh, Sal! I'm still glowing from your wedding. You and Tami are two of the most beautiful souls I've ever met. Your personal vows touched my heart. I was so impressed by your love for each other. I know you're going to have a long and happy marriage. All my love, Maria xoxo
  • Seana

Seana B Cullinan · Married on 10/27/2018

Working with Maria was the Best!

Working with Maria was like working with a guardian angel, a cheerleader, and a therapist all at once. The process of getting married can be overwhelming and stressful, and Maria consistently helped us to stay calm, focused, and excited. She gave us so much guidance, and enthusiastic support. She is a wealth of information and her love for her work shines through the entire process! From the very beginning, her passion and her enthusiasm were infectious. We had a magical wedding and we are so thrilled that we chose Maria as our officiant. We are going to miss having an excuse to see her and talk with her on a regular basis! We recommend her highly and whole-heartedly.

Sent on 12/04/2018

A Sweet Start's reply:

I'm humbled by your kind words, Seana. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It warms my heart that you felt that level of support from me during your wedding planning process. Thank you for honoring me by choosing me to be your officiant. I love you and Dave so much and will always cherish the memories of your wedding! All my love, Maria xoxo

A Sweet Start FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 1,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? ME
  • What languages do you speak? English

Real Weddings

• Dionne Entertainment
    Dionne Entertainment Wedding DJs

Maria is a super-pro, she's a fantastic officiant. I highly recommend her!!!

• Sarah Jane Photography
    Sarah Jane Photography Wedding Photographers

Maria is an amazing officiant with a knack for creating a personalized ceremony that shares all the things that make each couple special and unique. Her enthusiasm and excitement is contagious and her professionalism is top-notch.

• Flora Fauna
    Flora Fauna Wedding Florists

Maria is a pleasure to work with. So happy and upbeat she makes all her ceremonies thoughtful and fun! I love working with her.

• PO Box 984 Bath, 04530 See on map