Rev. Erika Hewitt

Bath, ME View map Visit website

$1,200 Typical Price

Whether you prefer a secular tone or consider yourselves "spiritual but not religious," I bring grace, humor and depth to our work together. Every ceremony that I create (with you) is personal, conveying as much of your story as you wish so that your guests experience the magic of your marriage.

When you you choose me, you're choosing not only a warm, supportive officiant, but also an experienced professional who brings sensitivity to her craft. I have a nuanced understanding of of interfaith ceremonies, and of navigating religious differences.

I'm a strong ally of the LGBTQ community, as well as a feminist. I bring those, and other, progressive values to my work.

• Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$1,200

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$750

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$175

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
No Denomination
Pagan
Presbyterian
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

ME
MA
NH
VT

What languages do you speak?

Spanish

Joshua J. Married on 06/04/2022

The best choice you can make!

Anyone in the process of planning for a wedding knows how difficult it can be just to get people to respond to you. From the beginning, Rev. Erika was incredibly punctual responding to my queries and setting up our initial meeting.

My fiancée and I were so impressed during that initial meeting, we knew that if we went with anyone else, we'd be settling for less. This hunch was proven time and time again as we worked with Rev. Erika to craft our ceremony. She is extremely attentive to detail, approaches the process with humor, grace, and experience that will allay the most nervous folks.

We're proud of the ceremony we've crafted with Rev. Erika, and feel that it's truly unique to us while being sensitive to the breadth of our guests' backgrounds and beliefs. Her communication has remained consistent and clear over the several months we've been working with her; working with her has been effortless.

Her prices are higher than others – and for good reason, I think. I don't know about you, but I'd rather spend a little more and get something that's really high quality, than try and be thrifty and settle for something that "mostly" works. If you're on the fence about your officiant, let me help you out: you're making a mistake if you don't go Rev. Erika Hewitt.
  • Jackie
    Jacquelyne M. Married on 10/10/2021

A true godsend

It was difficult to try to find an officiant for us. We both come from very catholic families that had expectations that we do not share.

We knew this was a perfect fit after our first video chat with Erika. She brought a more spiritual rather than religious focus to our ceremony which was perfect to say the least. Every guest I spoke to was so impressed with the ceremony she designed around us.

She made it a point to check in before the ceremony, to ask how she could be helpful, and she definitely was! We couldn't have done this without her!
  • Laura
    Laura P. Married on 06/08/2021

Incredible Officiant - Felt Like a Family Friend!

My review is just one voice in a choir of positive reviews, so the bottom line is: Rev. Erika Hewitt is a SOLID 10/10. My husband and I hired Erika to officiate our microceremony at Acadia National Park. We are from Tennessee, so we really dug through the Internet to find someone who fit what we were looking for. We combed through pages of reviews and vetted several officiants to find our right fit. We inquired about Erika's services and had an initial meeting about what she was able to offer us. Immediately, we knew Erika was the officiant for us. Our initial meeting felt like we were talking to a family friend we had known for years. Throughout the next few months, Erika worked with us to craft the perfect ceremony for us. We were able to sort through different templates of text that we best liked for our ceremony. That helped make our ceremony unique and personal. We were able to ues the spiritual language we preferred most - Erika was great at leading conversations with to better understand our spiritual comfort level. Over time, we had a few Zoom meetings that led us to wedding week. We held a rehearsal the day before the wedding, which initially we were not interested in having when we hired Erika. I thought "ohh, we're having a microceremony...that's not necessary." Erika strongly suggested it and after working through logistics of the ceremony, we decided to have one and it was 100% necessary. On the day of the ceremony, we felt well prepared for what we needed to say, how our guests would stand around us, and how the ceremony would flow. Erika made us feel like our tiny ceremony was incredibly special and unique to us. Our guests were such an important part of our day and she made them feel important, too! I know everyone values different things about their wedding day, so I will end by saying that if your ceremony is one of the most important things to you, you should absolutely work with Erika for your wedding day.

Two Adventurous Souls Two Adventurous Souls Wedding Photographers

We've been to a LOT of weddings and really enjoyed Rev. Erika Hewitt's ceremony! She had so much joy for the couple it was contagious! We loved all of her personal touches and obvious care she put into handcrafting their ceremony. I'm looking forward to working with her more in the future!

Kate & Keith Photography Kate & Keith Photography Wedding Photographers

Erika is hands down one of the best officiants we have seen! She really gets to know her couples works that relationship in the ceremony. What makes her stand apart from others is her comfort, presence and ability to create a unique spiritual feel to the ceremony. Her speech/sermon? (whatever it's called that officiants do!) is fantastic with loads of personal anecdotes pertaining to the couple, stories, visuals, heart and laughter. She is a great addition to any wedding!

I AM SARAH V Photography I AM SARAH V Photography Wedding Photographers

I love working with Erika so much that the second time I got to work with her I couldn't hold myself from running over and giving her a huge hug because I was so happy to see her. She's a shining light in this industry and she not only truly cares deeply for the couples she works with, but she also is an absolutely amazing person. Her gentle and kind demeanor make you feel warm and welcomed and the way she conducts her ceremonies are so loving and meaningful that I feel anyone who chooses her to preside over their ceremony is sure to have fond memories of the moments before they sealed their love with a kiss. She's accepting of everyone, extremely professional, and from the moment you meet her, it feels like you have a friend and ally in her. She's officially on my "dream team" list of people I enjoy working with during wedding season and I hope to get the chance to see her more and more. Thank you, Erika for all that you do!

• A Sweet Start
    Rating 5.0 out of 5 , 126 Reviews
    · Wedding Officiants

Bath Bath, ME, 04530
2076505757
Location of (Rev. Erika Hewitt)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding