Rev. Erika Hewitt Reviews

Rev. Erika Hewitt 3
Rev. Erika Hewitt 4
  • Katie

Katie O'brien · Married on 05/26/2019

Pick Erika, she is the best!!

Erika conducted our ceremony at Stage Neck Inn in York Maine, May 2019. We were both tremendously impressed with Erika. My wife and I interviewed her, got off the phone, and immediately said yes to each other. I was most impressed by how well that Erika listened. I’m not religious, my wife was raised Catholic but is more spiritual now. Erika worked to understand what we wanted from a ceremony. We were able to craft most of our ceremony with help and understanding. I felt like it was about creating the day and wedding that we wanted. I’m so thankful for that. In particular, we did a ring warming and were very careful about language around god and the universe. Erika was caring and professional during both our rehearsal and ceremony. The ceremony really conveyed a lot of love and warmth, and we got so many comments and compliments on having her as our officiant. We wholeheartedly recommend Erika to other couples.

Sent on 08/03/2019
    Rev. Erika Hewitt 5

Elizabeth Royer · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Officiant!

Erika was nothing short of amazing! She spent time getting to know us prior to the wedding via video calls and then we met in person to discuss the wedding and our mutual values. She is so easy to talk to and offers really great pre-wedding advice that helps ease the stress of planning a wedding. When it came to planning the ceremony, Erika was organized and thoughtful. She provides couples with a wedding packet to help determine how you want your ceremony to go. She customizes the ceremony based on your responses to questions and crafts the perfect ceremony for you. So many guests came up to us after our wedding to say that she was exactly what they wish they had had for their wedding. She is friendly, thoughtful, caring, and all around amazing. We highly recommend booking her for your wedding!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Megan · Married on 09/02/2018

I don't even know where to begin! Before you keep reading, just go book her!!! From the very beginning, Erika was amazing. My husband and I knew we wanted our ceremony to be special. We were not getting married in a church and do not go to church on a regular basis; however, we knew we wanted something more than a family member or friend. We wanted it to be meaningful and sacred. We met with Erika via FaceTime and also in person. She provided us with an outline of various ways we could go with our ceremony. Both my husband and I went through the packet, and we decided on what we liked best. Erika helped us create a ceremony that was unique to us. On the day of the rehearsal and day of the wedding, I felt completely at ease because I knew Erika was in control. She told our wedding party exactly what was going to happen and how it was going to happen. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful. It was personalized, meaningful, and loving. I can't tell you how many of our guests told us it was one of the best ceremonies they had ever been to. They were thrilled by her energy and presence. There is a reason why Erika has all 5 star reviews! If I could give her 10, I would. I know we will continue to stay in touch with Erika. She is the BEST. oh, PS... during the final week of wedding planning, I was talking with my videographer about our officiant. She said "oh my God! I didn't know Erika was going to be your officiant! You are so lucky! She is so amazing. If I were to get married, I would absolutely use her!" This made me feel so happy when I heard this. This is exactly what I will say to people when I hear they are working with Erika. Love, Megan & Jason

Sent on 09/18/2018

Mark · Married on 07/27/2018

Erika was amazing. I loved her writing so I knew she was good, but seeing her officiate for us live—she's really good. Our families raved about her afterwards. I think what makes her so special is that she feels the language, breathes life into it, and is so anchored in that moment that she facilitates everyone else being present--stopping what can be a hectic time to appreciate the reverence and joy of the occasion.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Lisa · Married on 07/03/2018

Reverend Erika was amazing!! We couldn't have been happier with anyone else for our wedding day! She worked with us patiently and professionally and made our ceremony tailored fit to meet our needs and vision. She is a beautiful spirit and she shines from the inside out and delivers a beautiful message for your wedding and guests!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Jamey · Married on 10/24/2017

What’s not to love? She’s fun, engaging, and she radiates joy, authenticity and life itself. Erika was unquestionably the right choice for us. She personalized our experience in every imaginable way. Our day would not—I repeat—would NOT—have been the same without her. We eloped in October and with only a few weeks notice, we knew from our first Skype session that she was going to be a great fit. More than anything, we wanted the focus on the meaning of our relationship and the bond into which we were entering, and she found a way to make it feel like she had known us forever and she helped us “create” a ceremony experience that truly represented who we are together. She helped make it much less overwhelming with the options she provided, but because it was so customizable, by the end it still felt very much like our own. My spouse told everyone, even though he knew basically what was coming next in the ceremony, Erika made it come alive and he was transfixed by her. It was the best of both worlds. We were able to tie ourselves to the words and experience we all helped to create in advance and when the day came, we were able to truly BE in that moment and EXPERIENCE it. I can’t say enough about how important Erika was to making our day sacred, meaningful, and significant in all the ways that spoke to us. With deep thanks. We highly recommend her and are thankful to Nora McCormack from S/P films for referring us to her.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Justin · Married on 10/20/2017

Erika was wonderful and exactly what we were looking for. She was extremely easy to work with, I think she really took the time to get to know us as a couple and figure out what we really needed for our ceremony. Everything was adopted to what we had asked for, I felt we had a lot of freedom in designing the overall feel of the ceremony and really making it our own. Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Tim · Married on 10/16/2017

We were so incredibly fortunate to have found Erika for our ceremony. We had some ideas about what we wanted and did not want for a wedding ceremony, but there is no way that they would have come to fruition without Erika's ideas and guidance. She helped us to incorporate creative ideas that allowed us to have a ceremony that felt intimate and unique and all of our family commented on her incredible, warm presence and loving, laid back vibes. Her willingness to meet with us ahead of time helped us to discuss and flesh out our ideas and we felt incredibly comfortable with her on our big day despite not meeting face-to-face until then. Thank you, Erika, for your incredibly thoughtful work with us!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Myranda · Married on 09/23/2017

Oh my goodness, where do I even beginning?! Rev. Erika is the BEST!! She was recommended by our venue and she was the only minister that my husband and I reached out to doing our search. We reviewed her website and had a video meeting with her. By the end of that meeting, we both knew we had found our minister for our big day, without question! She made the process so easy but so detailed that we were able to customize our entire ceremony with ease. My husband and I had absolutely no idea where to begin or how to begin planning our ceremony. We were so grateful that Rev. Erika sent us a packet that had multiple different options for us to select for every part of the ceremony. We were able to pick and choose exactly what we wanted in order to make the ceremony completely ours. The day after our wedding, I had multiple wedding guest and family members express to me how amazing they thought Rev. Erika was during our ceremony! We could not have asked for anyone better to officiant our special day!

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Rev. Erika Hewitt 6
    Rev. Erika Hewitt 7
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Created a Sacred Space

We are so grateful to Rev. Erika Hewitt for creating the sacred space she did for our Wedding. Even before the big day, she was so enjoyable and easy to collaborate with! She encouraged our ceremony and vows to reflect our wishes and style, helped with the planning, while making sure we were confident during the rehearsal so the day-of went seamless, which it did. What really made the ceremony special was Erika’s presence, endearing words, and the way she conveyed what brought all of us together that day—where several guests specifically mentioned how in awe they were of the way Rev. Hewitt conducted the ceremony. She also uses a microphone which (after attending several weddings where the officiant didn’t) is one of the little but important details she doesn’t miss—it speaks to her attention to detail and making sure the ceremony is the experience it should be for all of your guests. If we ever renew our vows for fun in the future, I would ask Erika to join us again, that’s how much we loved having her on our special day!! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 04/04/2019
    Rev. Erika Hewitt 8

Rebecca · Married on 09/16/2017

Erika was great to work with. I loved that we were able to communicate with her throughout the process to customize our ceremony. Despite only meeting Erika in person at the rehearsal, she did a great job making our ceremony feel personal and intimate.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/14/2017

When planning our wedding we knew we wanted an intimate and personal occasion. We searched for an officiant who would create the personalized, warm ceremony that we had envisioned-- and we found her!! Rev. Erika Hewitt was a pleasure to work with from start to finish(organized, prompt, so friendly...) but most of all, made us and our guests feel so comfortable and celebrated on our wedding day. Erika is a natural public speaker and her passion for what she does was evident during our ceremony. During the planning process she allowed us to customize any aspect of the ceremony, made sure we were comfortable with all of the language used, and was completely open to any special requests we had. In the end, we had one of the most memorable, happy occasions of our lives. We highly recommend Rev. Erika Hewitt!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Sean · Married on 09/09/2017

Erika was our wedding officiant on September 9, 2017. Being far away living in New York, we met via Skype. We immediately felt at ease with her manner. She listened carefully to us and cheerfully and succinctly explained her process to us. She made it clear that the fit was the most important. We did not feel rushed as she listened to our vision and perspective and even graciously allowed me to prattle on about our background and genesis story for a long while (I can get a little excited). After our conversation, for no other reason than the good vibes we felt, we ended up emailing Erika fifteen minutes later to ask her to work with us.
    At the start of the planning process Erika provided information and materials to help us develop a sense of format for the ceremony and the wording we could use. It enabled us to outline what we really wanted to say and the general feeling we wanted to create. Two and a half months out from the wedding we met with Erika in person. We were impressed that Erika set aside a number of hours just to meet us and clarify the details and expectations of the ceremony.
    For the wedding weekend, Erika attended and conducted our rehearsal with our wedding party. What we really appreciated from Erika was her ability to capture the attention of all present and impress upon them directives that we had previously discussed with her (e.g. specific procedures and positioning, and no phones/cameras during the ceremony). This freed us up to relax knowing that she communicated our wishes to everyone without equivocation.
    During the ceremony, she was bright-eyed and spoke with a gentle but unmistakeable gravity. She incorporated all aspects of the procedural elements we had asked, and even had everyone laughing recounting my proposal story.
    Three weeks later we are still hearing feedback from friends and family gushing about Erika and the ceremony.
    Erika really helped us create something special and real. Can't thank her enough.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Christine · Married on 08/24/2017

We cannot even begin to express how happy we were working with Erika. From beginning to end she exceeded our expectations and made us feel like we were the only couple in the world. She was professional, caring, upbeat and well versed. She was always in constant communication with us and made sure we stayed on task leading up to and on the big day. Without a doubt our ceremony would have not been as special and loving as it was without her. She not only created the perfect ceremony that reflected me and my husband, she presented it in a way that made all of our guests feel connected. Our guests themselves could also not stop complementing on how well our ceremony was and we know that it all stemmed from Erika. Without a doubt or hesitation we would highly recommend Erika. She is absolutely one of a kind.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Monica · Married on 08/12/2017

We couldn't be happier having Rev. Erika Hewitt officiate our wedding! From the very moment we reached out over email, to video chats over Skype, meeting in person, and the actual Rehearsal and Ceremony, Erika was incredibly friendly, inclusive, and organized, and she always made us feel at ease about planning. Erika is super detail oriented and truly cares about making every moment, every word reflect our specific feelings about love and marriage, and she always took our guests into consideration (but never put their preferences over our own). To start planning our ceremony, she sent us a massive template with tons of wording options for each section and a bunch of optional sections, and she encouraged us to modify anything with our personal touches or use our own ideas to make a completely custom ceremony. Picking up details from our conversations, she even crafted the story of our relationship and shared all these special moments with our friends and family. Erika expertly blended heart, passion, levity, spirituality, personality, past and future into a ceremony that left more than a few of our guests in tears. Thanks to Erika, our ceremony was perfect!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Paige · Married on 07/29/2017

Words simply can not express how grateful we are for choosing Erika to be our wedding officiant. Upon our first interaction, we immediately knew that she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. Her unequalled calming attitude combined with meticulous professionalism allowed for us to be stress free throughout the whole wedding process. She was immensely thorough with her preparation and took the time to graciously learn about us as a couple and our families. During the ceremony, Erika's delivery was flawless. Her unwavering compassionate demeanor had everyone in the moment and there was not a dry eye in the house. Countless attendees approached us after the wedding and we are still receiving calls from people professing how wonderful of a job she did and how beautiful she made the ceremony. We are truly fortunate and blessed to have Erika be part of our day. She is a wonderful and caring human being who should receive nothing less than praise for her work! I fully recommend her to be your future officiant, you will not be sorry!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Laura · Married on 07/01/2017

Rev. Erika was absolutely amazing! There are not enough words to explain how much beauty and love she pours into her ceremonies and clients. We had so many comments about how wonderful she was from our guests after the ceremony. People from all denominations and backgrounds appreciated her words. We also did a 2-hr premarital counseling with Rev. Erika which was very helpful and encouraging. She personalizes each and every part of your ceremony to fit you as a couple and your needs. She was able to make it spiritual for us and not too religious to make it uncomfortable for others or not religious enough for some, as much as that can make sense. It was PERFECT. Rev. Erika was PERFECT. We would HIGHLY recommend her to others!!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Kaela · Married on 06/29/2017

Erika is nothing short of incredible! From our first FaceTime meeting with her we knew that we wanted her to officiate our ceremony. We loved that we could personalize our ceremony and Erika was very helpful when it came to making the final decisions. When we finally met Erika (on our wedding day, moments before our ceremony) she had such a happy, warm, calming presence all of our worries faded away. We were a little nervous as we chose not to have a rehearsal but Erika assured us everything would go smoothly and that we would recognize her cues for our parts and she was right. Our ceremony was so beautifully done and we couldn't be happier that we chose Erika to be a part of our wedding and would highly recommend her to be a part of your big day!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Shawna · Married on 06/16/2017

Reverend Erica was the perfect choice to officiate our special day. We really wanted to make our ceremony special and Erika definitely made this happen! She was very relaxed and flexible during the planning process, which helped take the stress out of it. She took a very personalized approach to helping us prepare, took time to learn our story and make our ceremony unique to us, meaningful and an event to remember. She was very organized, passionate and exuberant about helping us tie the knot - all of our wedding guests agreed that it was a fantastic ceremony, thanks to Erika. The rehearsal was super well run by Erika as well. I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Kari · Married on 06/05/2017

There aren't enough words to express the gratitude we have for Erika. She is beyond amazing! We planned a destination wedding, planning everything via phone and email. Ten days before our wedding, we found ourselves without an officiant, despite having hired a different person several months in advance, and I was completely stressed. That's when we found Erika. She has a calmness about her that immediately eased all the worry I had about the position we were in. She jumped right in with emails, did a video chat, asked us plenty of questions and ultimately planned a beautiful ceremony for us, beyond what I could have ever imagined. She even went out of her way to accommodate our wedding date and time. A simple thank you does not seem enough to express our gratitude.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Abby · Married on 05/27/2017

Erika helped us make sure that the most important part of our wedding day -- the whole reason we were all there! -- was perfect.

We had been toying with the idea of asking a close friend to officiate our wedding, because we wanted to ceremony to feel personal. But after our first conversation with Erika we knew she was the right choice -- not only was she an experienced professional, she was warm and genuine.

Erika helped us create a unique and meaningful ceremony that spoke to us as a couple -- and our friends and family noticed. Every virtual meeting we had with Erika was a joy -- like dialing up an old friend. And that same feeling radiated through our ceremony. I can't even count the number of people who came up to as during the reception to ask how we had found Erika and compliment the wonderful job she had done. Some said it was best wedding ceremony they had ever witnessed!

We wouldn't change a single thing about her experience with Erika and feel truly lucky to have been able to work with her!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Keri · Married on 05/20/2017

Erika was great to work with! One of the things we enjoyed the most was the ability to personalize our ceremony using Erika's input, feedback and options. The ceremony turned out beautiful and we received so many compliments about how inclusive and unique it was. Aside from pleasing our guests, we have the memories of a truly special and personal ceremony that we will remember forever!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Reid · Married on 12/31/2016

Erika is definitely worth the money. She caters exactly to your needs for the ceremony to be just like you want. We decided to go with a Unitarian Universalist officiant, since I was raised from a jewish / protestant family and as a result went to a UU church growing up. My wife however was raised methodist. With this minor difference, neither of us are serious church-goers at the moment. However we both wanted to incorporate a form of spirituality in to the wedding ceremony. Erika beautifully customized everything to what we wanted, with plenty of options to offer for spiritual incorporation. She shared with us plenty of options for phrasing we would like her to use, during the ceremony, when speaking. Also examples and pre-written options for each of us to use for stating our vows to one another. In her sermon she told the story of how we met, based on both of our individual answers to multiple questions she had us fill out. The end result was a story of them beautifully woven together by her. One thing we totally did not expect, was that after the wedding we received this beautiful picture frame in the mail from her as a gift!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Michelle · Married on 12/31/2016

Erika was a huge part of what made our day as magical as it was. She is without a doubt, a beautiful soul inside and out. She guided us through the ceremony process, taking time to get to know us on Skype calls along the way. She even learned the names of our three dogs and made the ceremony one that was unique to who we are as a couple. Our ceremony was captivating, clean, professional, personal, and absolute perfection. We would not have chosen anyone else in the world and are elated to have had Erika as the person to make our marriage a memorable occasion for all who attended. Thank you from the bottom of both our hearts!

Sent on 02/13/2017
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

We couldn’t be more pleased with our wedding officiant, Reverend Erika Hewitt. Through the planning process, during the rehearsal and on the big day, Erika was an upbeat, consummate professional. My husband is of Christian faith and had difficulty finding an officiant he was comfortable with, as he is not currently a member of any particular church. I am less religious than my husband - I wanted him to have the aspects of faith in the ceremony he desired but I hoped for someone who could also incorporate diversity into the proceedings. After initial contact, Erika was immediately responsive and set up a Facetime meeting. She was receptive to our wishes and assured us she could create a ceremony catered to our specific requests. She explained she would be in contact as much or as little as we desired and she held true to that statement. Our summer of planning flew by and it wasn't until shortly before the wedding we contacted her again to finalize vows. She was again immediately available to answer questions and assist. She provided a comprehensive breakdown of vow options and we used them to create the ceremony we dreamed of. Erika was generous with her time. We requested to meet in person to review vows line by line - a tall order! She was happy to meet us and was helpful and reassuring throughout the meeting.

At our ceremony rehearsal, Erika was organized, efficient and insightful. Our wedding party gushed about how incredible Erika was at explaining and demonstrating exactly how things would go the next day.

On the day of our wedding, my mother said it best when she said "Erika had so much joy in her eyes while she conducted your ceremony." It felt as if we were married by one of our oldest, dearest friends. She smiled sincerely, spoke articulately and projected beautifully. Our guests continue to sing praises about how wonderful Erika was.

We will highly recommend Reverend Erika Hewitt to anyone searching for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 10/31/2016