Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant

San Francisco, California, San Francisco, CA 94129 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant

Hi, my name is Lauren and I officiate weddings for sentimental, spontaneous couples who are excited to explore their love! I’m also reinventing the concept of “Wedding Officiant.” After attending many traditional wedding ceremonies, I began to notice that couples were missing a huge emotional opportunity to create a meaningful, engaging wedding ceremony that truly celebrated the essence of who they are. You see, I believe that getting married isn’t just about going through the motions; it’s an incredibly rich and dynamic emotional experience that has the power to bring people closer together. And because I couldn’t find anyone else doing just that, I decided to become the Wedding Officiant who would fill that gap!

Here’s a little more about me: I believe that all work days should include a mandatory 20 minute dance party, that everyone should fall in love with someone of the same gender at least once in their lives and that “I’m sorry” should be replaced with “thank you.” I’ve been known to stop for three scoops of chocolate ice cream on my way home from the gym, and sometimes I tell my wife I’m working when really I’m at home watching TV in my pajamas. Last but not least, I believe we should all say something GREAT about our partners every night before bed - especially when we don’t want to!

Interested in learning more? Visit my website www.laurensnead.love to schedule a free 45 min video consultation!

Lauren Snead is an award winning Bay Area Wedding Officiant who works with couples from all over the world! She has been officiating civil unions, interfaith ceremonies, non-religious ceremonies, dress rehearsals, and vow renewals for over 12 years. She works with couples who belong to no denomination, offering counseling and customized vows to make the experience as loving as possible. She is gay friendly and offers premarital coaching, a meaningful, original ceremony, and a unique officiant experience. Lauren is licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Follow Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant on
20170811113150

81 Reviews for Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant

• John

John R. · Getting married on 04/11/2022

If you are considering having Lauren serve as your officiant, do not hesitate!

Lauren is absolutely amazing and I couldn’t even imagine our wedding day without her. Due to COVID we cancelled our original wedding and had to make a quick transition to a smaller, family-only ceremony in a completely different date/location/time than we had planned. We reached out to Lauren and after our first meeting we realized she is on a different level. Her energy just poured through the zoom meeting (not always easy to do!) and we knew instantly that she was the one for us. At a time where we had to worry about lots of fast cancellations, changes, and safety logistics, she made the ceremony preparation and meetings so enjoyable and took a huge weight off our shoulders.

One really special thing about Lauren’s process is that she does a pre-wedding process with each couple, challenging you to really dig into yourself, your partner, and what you both want from this special moment you will share together. She then crafts a completely personal ceremony from this process. She was able to take everything we wanted to include (a wine box ceremony, group blessing, handfasting) and tie them into a connected, beautiful and heartfelt ceremony. She also did a rehearsal and welcome circle with our families, which was honestly one of the most emotional and beautiful experiences of our wedding weekend.

Throughout our process, we had told Lauren that our main goal was to feel connected to each other and present throughout the day - she helped us do that and we can honestly say we felt so connected throughout the day, but especially the ceremony, which felt like we were the only people in the world. Our families loved everything and there were quite a few tears and laughs.

We could not have loved everything more. It is very rarely in life that you can say something was perfect - but we feel our wedding ceremony and day honestly was.

Thank you so much Lauren.

Sent on 01/07/2021

Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant's reply:

This morning I woke up to the most beautiful, heartwarming review! Thank you from the bottom of my heart John & Jenn! From the moment we met, it was easy to see how strong and powerful you each were individually and how you magnified each other's strengths and supported each other in such deep, important ways. I am so happy to hear that our journey together was so positive and meaningful for you! It was for me too. Also, your Welcome Circle? Oh man, not a dry eye!!! So amazing!! Thank you again and wishing you a wonderful journey ahead as a married couple! All my love, Lauren
  • Maria

Maria F. · Married on 10/19/2020

Pure Magic✨

If you're looking for an officient who:
    - Is there to support you all along the planning journey
    - Gracefully handles emotional roller coasters & changing plans
    - Is a beam of light and truly joyful presence
    - Asks the questions other people are afraid to ask
    - Brings your entire wedding party together before your ceremony (not just physically but emotionally)
    - Crafts a heart felt, honest, vulnerable ceremony out of your love story
    - Helps the two of you get to know each other better & enter into marriage thoughtfully...

You can stop looking. ;)

Choosing Lauren to be the officient for our 2020 wedding was the best decision we made.

She went above and beyond to support us through 3 iterations of our wedding and we couldn't be happier with how it all ended up. We opted for a Yosemite wedding and the whole experience blew my mind.

From her ability to bring a sense of calm cohesion to a group of strong personalites to how fun and light she kept everything while still keeping the experience grounded in the real reason we were together - LOVE - she was amazing.

I am so grateful for Lauren and the love she shares with everyone she meets. If you want a wedding experience that will remind your guests what love is and make a mark on all of your hearts, Lauren is the officient for the job.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Maria & Derek for this beautiful review! I LOVED being on this journey with you, and working together to create a meaningful, heartfelt and super fun ceremony. I especially enjoyed watching you grow stronger together as a couple as you navigated the pandemic, and I of course loved getting to know your families as well. Sending you all the love and gratitude in the world!!! xoxo Lauren

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant FAQ

• Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AL
    WA
    WV
    WI
    WY
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• Evergreen Wedding Films
    Evergreen Wedding Films Wedding Videographers

This is such a wonderful company to work with. We highly recommend.

• Olivia Smartt Photography Wedding Photographers

Lauren is THE BEST. Period. Full stop. Above and beyond all others.

• Inner Light Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Lauren provided me with coaching services as I began my personal business and dream to become a wedding officiant. From the day we met during her free consultation she blew me away with her passion for life and the world of officiating. Lauren is a natural at empowering others to rock at being themselves and there is no doubt that I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for her guidance, encouragement, and creative coaching style. Lauren is incredibly unique and valuable to this industry and you need her in your life!

• San Francisco, California San Francisco, CA, 94129 See on map
    207-614-7371 (Phone number)
    Location of (Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant)