Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant

San Francisco, California, San Francisco, CA 95822 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant

Hi, my name is Lauren and I officiate weddings for sentimental, spontaneous couples who are excited to explore their love! I’m also reinventing the concept of “Wedding Officiant.” After attending many traditional wedding ceremonies, I began to notice a huge emotional gap between how couples wanted to feel on their wedding day (happy, present, connected) and how they actually felt on their wedding day (stressed, overwhelmed, anxious).

Given my playful, inquisitive and sentimental nature, I decided to become the Wedding Officiant who would help fill that gap! I created an in-depth discovery process where couples looking for a unique, once in lifetime experience get to explore their relationship, strengthen their bond and get clear on what marriage means to them...all leading to a completely original ceremony that not only tells their love story, but that celebrates the essence of who they are. The result? Let's find out together! Contact me at www.laurensnead.love to schedule your free 45 minute video consultation!

Lauren Snead has been officiating civil unions, interfaith ceremonies, non-religious ceremonies, rehearsals, and vow renewals for over 11 years. She works with couples who belong to no denomination, offering counseling and customized vows to make the experience as loving as possible. She is gay friendly and able to give coaching, a meaningful, original ceremony, and a unique officiant experience. Lauren is licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Follow Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant on

Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant 6
Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant 7

Michelle Huynh · Married on 03/16/2019

Best Officiant EVER!

Lauren is such an awesome officiant! Both my husband and I was looking for an officiant who is energetic, and funny. We also want a wedding ceremony that is unique, meaningful and full of positive vibes. Lauren was able to do deliver what we wanted! She spent time talking to the both of us over video calls and emails. She’s always checking up on me (the bride) and supported me on how I’m feeling since I told her that I don’t like to be the center of attention. We both love how she’s creative and always giving us ideas for the ceremony. We love how she was able to get all the guests to be a part of the ceremony and keeping them engaged. Everyone really enjoyed the ceremony that she officiates. Honestly, we couldn’t be any happier and feel thankful to have Lauren be a part of our special day.

Much love,
    Mr. and Mrs. Huynh

Sent on 04/08/2019

Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant's reply:

From the moment I met you and Nison, you brought a smile to my face! I could easily see what a great couple you were and was excited to embark on this journey together. I appreciate all the work you both did to show up to the process, and feel like the outcome speaks for itself. We created something magical together and it was truly amazing to be a part of your special day. Also, it's so common for couples (especially brides) to feel nervous about being center of attention on their wedding day. I am SO glad you felt supported through that. Last but not least, your friends and family were amazing and your vows were awesome!!! You will always hold a very special place in my heart! Thank you for the beautiful review and for such a wonderful experience! All my love, Lauren
  • Meaghan

Meaghan Mccollow · Married on 01/11/2019

Rock Star Officiant

What can we possibly say about Lauren that isn’t already reflected in her outstanding reviews?? She is truly all of that…. And more! When we first started planning our wedding, we had a different vision in mind, but as we started the process we realized the vision didn’t match who we truly are. Lauren was such a critical sounding board as we worked to actualize our dream wedding. From our first interview with Lauren through to our elopement, we knew Lauren was there to support and encourage us. While we had no idea what to expect from an officiant, as I imagine many couples experience, we couldn’t have asked for better. The discovery process allowed us the opportunity to explore topics that prepared us for marriage. Lauren’s ceremony development was so spot-on, I couldn’t believe she had so accurately pinpointed who we are, individually and as a couple. We were shocked by how accurately she had understood us for having known us such a short time. We can’t help but feel as though we had known Lauren for years, when it was literally months. Lauren was there, too, when we experienced the loss of our very senior pup, just the day before our wedding. A heartbreaking experience at any time, it seemed amplified by the timing. Her understanding and support as we went through the process was beyond any expectations. She found beautiful ways to acknowledge our very raw loss without detracting from our ceremony and wedding day experience. There’s not a handbook for how to handle situations like these (at least, not that we know of), but Lauren could write that book, truly. She allowed us to experience the pain of a fresh loss, while guiding us toward our new chapter as a married couple.
    We can’t let our review go without also acknowledging her ability to “do what needs to be done”. Lauren carried a canopy about 2 miles roundtrip, up and down stairs, up and down rocks, to our ceremony site at the edge of a cliff. Just in case it rained. Seriously, Lauren is a ROCK STAR.

Sent on 02/22/2019
    Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant 9
    Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant 10

Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant's reply:

First of all, I adore you both and enjoyed every moment together!!! Weddings can be an emotionally complex time, and I'm so glad you felt supported along the way. I would carry that dang canopy another 2 miles for you in a heartbeat! Come visit us in Sactown this Spring and meet the baby! Until then, all the love! And thank you for the beautiful review. I am truly touched.

Lauren Snead Wedding Officiant FAQ

• Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? 30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Evergreen Wedding Films
    Evergreen Wedding Films Wedding Videographers

This is such a wonderful company to work with. We highly recommend.

• Olivia Smartt Photography
    Olivia Smartt Photography Wedding Photographers

Lauren is THE BEST. Period. Full stop. Above and beyond all others.

• Inner Light Ceremonies
    Inner Light Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Lauren provided me with coaching services as I began my personal business and dream to become a wedding officiant. From the day we met during her free consultation she blew me away with her passion for life and the world of officiating. Lauren is a natural at empowering others to rock at being themselves and there is no doubt that I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for her guidance, encouragement, and creative coaching style. Lauren is incredibly unique and valuable to this industry and you need her in your life!

• San Francisco, California San Francisco, California, 95822 See on map