230 Bay Pl, Oakland, CA 94612, Oakland, CA 94611 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 10
  • Pricing
  • Deals 2

About Olivia Smartt Photography

Why are you drawn to wedding photography?
The stories of love, celebration, friendships, family, beauty, creativity, meaning and ceremony all come together during the wedding day. Inviting me to witness, capture and frame your story is an honor and a professional responsibility that I deeply appreciate. I truly enjoy being around people that are celebrating love, deep friendship and families coming together—and in such gorgeous places! Wedding photography is about the best career imaginable. I’ve never been happier and I wouldn’t do anything else.

What is your background?
I studied photography and painting in college, graduating with a BFA in Studio Art in 1995. I have photographed special events, people and landscapes for over 20 years. I feel incredibly fortunate to do what I love, and it thrills me to delight my clients with their imagery as well as an uncomplicated and professional experience. In 2013 I embarked upon a 2-year mentorship with one of the most experienced and awarded wedding photographers in the San Francisco Bay Area. This immersion taught me how to capture imagery in a magazine-worthy “editorial” style and I blend that knowledge with my experience of lens choice, light and framing to best capture candid moments, beautiful natural environments and your day’s most meaningful details.

What is your style?
It is my goal that your entire photography experience be as easy, comfortable and professional as possible—as though your most responsible, trusted, experienced and talented best friend was photographing your wedding. My personality is helpful, uncomplicated, positive and fun. My imagery is a blend of the editorial & photojournalistic styles: classic, candid, fun, detail-oriented and naturally beautiful. I take a limited number of weddings (and engagements) per year so that I may fully devote my time and attention to my clients. Once we choose to work together, I am 100% on your team before, during and after your wedding.

Follow Olivia Smartt Photography on

Olivia Smartt Photography 5
Olivia Smartt Photography 6
Olivia Smartt Photography 7

Kayla · Getting married on 10/12/2019

WOW – we are so glad that we had Olivia as our wedding photographer! From the first time that we talked with her, she was professional, fun, and unbelievably helpful for our entire wedding planning process. We did an engagement shoot and day of photos with Olivia and we could not be happier with the results of both. Olivia’s emphasis on gorgeous lighting and candid “real” photos really drew me to her, and she exceeded my expectations. Our photos turned out exactly how I was hoping they would – beautiful shots that captured not only assorted posed photos but also candid photos that captured the fun of the event with our family and friends. Olivia not only takes amazing pictures of groups and great pictures of guests candidly, but also takes absolutely FANTASTIC dancing shots which produced some of our favorite pictures from the whole event.

Beyond her photography skills, Olivia is an excellent asset and helper while planning a wedding. In building out our photography timeline, Olivia helped me frame my full day timeline and was invaluable for questions that I had throughout. On the day of the wedding, she was so fun and calming – she helped keep us on track getting ready, helped corral our family and bridal party where they needed to be, and even saved a bridesmaid’s dress with some fancy safety pin skills! She was great to have with our bridal party and the photos she took of our day are absolutely gorgeous. We couldn’t be happier with our photos and we are so happy we had Olivia as our photographer! I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a casual and fun style that is still gorgeous and elegant.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Noel Plumb · Married on 07/27/2019

Olivia is AMAZING!!!

Olivia - Wonderful working with you and your team. Your positive energy and professionalism really made the day.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Jason · Married on 08/11/2018

I reached out to Olivia about capturing a "surprise" proposal for my fiancé. While Olivia was booked for that day, she connected me with one of her associates, Katie, who was absolutely fantastic. Katie and I brainstormed the surprise over the phone many times (she is very patient!), and Katie was always responsive when I sent her ideas over e-mail. Best of all, Katie actually participated in the surprise itself by "acting" like a student photographer and luring my fiancé to the place where I would eventually propose. Suffice it to say, the actual proposal would not have gone down without Katie!

Now for the actual photography. Annie and I absolutely LOVED the photos Katie took. We took her to the places at UC Berkeley (where we met) that meant the most to us and she captured all the moments perfectly. She told us how to pose, where to look, and found places where the lighting was just right. She basically held our hands through the entire process, and we couldn't be more thankful.

If you're looking for a photographer, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Olivia Smartt and Katie. We loved working with them and know you will too!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Olivia Smartt Photography Pricing

Olivia Smartt Photography Price Rates

Olivia Smartt Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,985.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,985.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Wedding Portraits

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Olivia Smartt Photography 1
    50% off of Engagement Sessions with Wedding Coverage

Couples who book Olivia Smartt Photography for their 8-hour or more wedding day and engagement session receive a 50% discount on their engagement session.

• Olivia Smartt Photography 2
    $500 off when you book an Associate Photographer

Receive a $500 discount on 8-hours or more of wedding day coverage when you book one of Olivia's amazing associate photographers.

• Hit Maker Films
    Hit Maker Films Wedding Videographers

Olivia is a true professional and amazing to work with!

• A Charming Affair
    A Charming Affair Wedding Planners

I worked with Olivia on a creative styled shoot earlier this year, and can tell you that she is not only a talented photographer, but a lovely and dedicated professional! She took beautiful shots, and went above and beyond before, during, and after the shoot. I'll definitely be recommending Olivia to my clients, and would not hesitate to suggest her to any bride and groom looking for a wedding photographer.

• 230 Bay Pl, Oakland, CA 94612 Oakland, CA, 94611 See on map