Olivia Smartt Photography

Oakland, CA View map Visit website
$4,200 Most Popular Price

$4,200 Most Popular Price

Who are you?
An artist jack of all trades: Fine Artist with a BFA in photography and painting, recreational lap swimmer & international touring cyclist, sustainable management MBA with a soft spot for organic gardening, and human caretaker to my New Zealand white rabbit, Bun. I’d also love to tell you about moving to San Francisco in 1999 with a dream of being a professional drum & bass DJ, or my too-big disco ball fiasco, but I’m supposed to keep this to just 3 things and I’m already at 4 or 5…

Why are you drawn to wedding photography?
The stories of love, celebration, friendships, family, beauty, creativity, meaning and ceremony all come together during the wedding day. Inviting me to tell your story is an honor and a professional responsibility that I deeply appreciate. Career-wise, I wouldn’t do anything else… and this ain’t no side hustle.

Wait, did you say Pet Rabbit?
Yep. I invite all of my clients to come to meet Bun (and me, but he’s cuter) in person at my Oakland studio + gallery. Sure, you’ll get to see album samples, gorgeous metal & wood fine art prints, plus hand-picked frame samples and fine art canvases. But most importantly you’ll get to meet Bun. We’ll relax (on the patio if the weather is nice, which is almost always is in Oakland) and we’ll get a big picture of the experience that you’d love to have on your wedding day.

PS: Technically, we can also meet via video chat or phone—especially if you live outside of California, but my California clients will all tell you that the experience of meeting your wedding photographer in-person is invaluable. There’s a trust that’s created from being invited into someone’s home, and a deeper level of understanding—personally as well as aesthetically. This trust becomes effortless comfort between you and your photographer, and that comfort flows into an indescribable ease + happiness in your imagery. #letsmeetinperson

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2,985

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Toning
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,200

2nd Shooter
Engagement Shoot
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Slideshow
Toning
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Gene L. Married on 12/01/2019

Awesome Wedding Photographer!

Olivia Smartt is truly the best and amazing partner that we had for our wedding. It was our priority to have the top quality engagement and wedding photos and after going through many searches and talking to photographers, Olivia’s work stood out the most and we thought that she would be the best fit. Olivia knows how to capture the bride and the groom, and families and friends in a still shot. She captures the best moments, and you can clearly see the people’s expressions and the background are not compromised. She is truly awesome at seizing the best moments, coupled with her style of producing vivid images along with standout natural colors (especially white and green). We love her passion, respect her professionalism, and laud her organization skills. Before we started working with her, we had a meeting going over our plans and went over how the wedding days would look like. She really understands and listens on what we want and need, and incorporates her style with our vision. We wanted to stand out but also capturing our friends and family was important aspect of wedding photography as well. So we hired her assistant, which worked out great because Olivia was able to focus on us at all times. Overall, the results exceeded our expectations and we are highly satisfied and grateful of her work.
    Kirsten P. Married on 10/19/2019

Calm & Cheerful Support, Gorgeous Photos

Olivia was so wonderful to work with from the first email. She went above and beyond to answer questions and tailor her services to us. Katie was our day-of photographer, and she was also amazing! She spent a full hour getting to know us and our vision even before we hired her, and we got more compliments on her supportive, relaxed guidance during the wedding than anything else. The photos are gorgeous, and we couldn't recommend Olivia Smartt Photography more!
    Kayla Married on 10/12/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    WOW – we are so glad that we had Olivia as our wedding photographer! From the first time that we talked with her, she was professional, fun, and unbelievably helpful for our entire wedding planning process. We did an engagement shoot and day of photos with Olivia and we could not be happier with the results of both. Olivia’s emphasis on gorgeous lighting and candid “real” photos really drew me to her, and she exceeded my expectations. Our photos turned out exactly how I was hoping they would – beautiful shots that captured not only assorted posed photos but also candid photos that captured the fun of the event with our family and friends. Olivia not only takes amazing pictures of groups and great pictures of guests candidly, but also takes absolutely FANTASTIC dancing shots which produced some of our favorite pictures from the whole event.

Beyond her photography skills, Olivia is an excellent asset and helper while planning a wedding. In building out our photography timeline, Olivia helped me frame my full day timeline and was invaluable for questions that I had throughout. On the day of the wedding, she was so fun and calming – she helped keep us on track getting ready, helped corral our family and bridal party where they needed to be, and even saved a bridesmaid’s dress with some fancy safety pin skills! She was great to have with our bridal party and the photos she took of our day are absolutely gorgeous. We couldn’t be happier with our photos and we are so happy we had Olivia as our photographer! I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a casual and fun style that is still gorgeous and elegant.
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Deals

Olivia Smartt Photography 1
Discount

Weekday weddings are currently discounted! Please inquire for details about your special day. :)

Olivia Smartt Photography 2
Discount

Currently offering a discount for gorgeous wedding venues that are new to our public portfolio. Please inquire for more details! :)

Pricing

Hit Maker Films Hit Maker Films Wedding Videographers

Olivia is a true professional and amazing to work with!

A Charming Affair A Charming Affair Wedding Planners

I worked with Olivia on a creative styled shoot earlier this year, and can tell you that she is not only a talented photographer, but a lovely and dedicated professional! She took beautiful shots, and went above and beyond before, during, and after the shoot. I'll definitely be recommending Olivia to my clients, and would not hesitate to suggest her to any bride and groom looking for a wedding photographer.

Oakland, CA, 94610

Tuesday - Friday 10:30am - 5pm PST
Location of (Olivia Smartt Photography)

Olivia Smartt Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Olivia Smartt Photography include in the starting price?

Olivia Smartt Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Toning
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Olivia Smartt Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Olivia Smartt Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Olivia Smartt Photography offer?

Olivia Smartt Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Olivia Smartt Photography offer?

Olivia Smartt Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Second Shooter
  • Slideshow
  • Toning
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Olivia Smartt Photography offer for wedding events?

Olivia Smartt Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs

What percentage of users recommend Olivia Smartt Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Olivia Smartt Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Olivia Smartt Photography offer?

Olivia Smartt Photography currently offers 2 discount promotions for wedding services.

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding