Olivia Smartt Photography

230 Bay Pl, Oakland, CA 94612, Oakland, CA 94611 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 11
  • Pricing
  • Deals 2

About Olivia Smartt Photography

Who are you?
An artist jack of all trades: Fine Artist with a BFA in photography and painting, recreational lap swimmer & international touring cyclist, sustainable management MBA with a soft spot for organic gardening, and human caretaker to my New Zealand white rabbit, Bun. I’d also love to tell you about moving to San Francisco in 1999 with a dream of being a professional drum & bass DJ, or my too-big disco ball fiasco, but I’m supposed to keep this to just 3 things and I’m already at 4 or 5…

Why are you drawn to wedding photography?
The stories of love, celebration, friendships, family, beauty, creativity, meaning and ceremony all come together during the wedding day. Inviting me to tell your story is an honor and a professional responsibility that I deeply appreciate. Career-wise, I wouldn’t do anything else… and this ain’t no side hustle.

Wait, did you say Pet Rabbit?
Yep. I invite all of my clients to come to meet Bun (and me, but he’s cuter) in person at my Oakland studio + gallery. Sure, you’ll get to see album samples, gorgeous metal & wood fine art prints, plus hand-picked frame samples and fine art canvases. But most importantly you’ll get to meet Bun. We’ll relax (on the patio if the weather is nice, which is almost always is in Oakland) and we’ll get a big picture of the experience that you’d love to have on your wedding day.

PS: Technically, we can also meet via video chat or phone—especially if you live outside of California, but my California clients will all tell you that the experience of meeting your wedding photographer in-person is invaluable. There’s a trust that’s created from being invited into someone’s home, and a deeper level of understanding—personally as well as aesthetically. This trust becomes effortless comfort between you and your photographer, and that comfort flows into an indescribable ease + happiness in your imagery. #letsmeetinperson

Follow Olivia Smartt Photography on

Photos 8 Photos
Videos 3 Videos

50 Reviews for Olivia Smartt Photography

Kayla · Married on 10/12/2019

WOW – we are so glad that we had Olivia as our wedding photographer! From the first time that we talked with her, she was professional, fun, and unbelievably helpful for our entire wedding planning process. We did an engagement shoot and day of photos with Olivia and we could not be happier with the results of both. Olivia’s emphasis on gorgeous lighting and candid “real” photos really drew me to her, and she exceeded my expectations. Our photos turned out exactly how I was hoping they would – beautiful shots that captured not only assorted posed photos but also candid photos that captured the fun of the event with our family and friends. Olivia not only takes amazing pictures of groups and great pictures of guests candidly, but also takes absolutely FANTASTIC dancing shots which produced some of our favorite pictures from the whole event.

Beyond her photography skills, Olivia is an excellent asset and helper while planning a wedding. In building out our photography timeline, Olivia helped me frame my full day timeline and was invaluable for questions that I had throughout. On the day of the wedding, she was so fun and calming – she helped keep us on track getting ready, helped corral our family and bridal party where they needed to be, and even saved a bridesmaid’s dress with some fancy safety pin skills! She was great to have with our bridal party and the photos she took of our day are absolutely gorgeous. We couldn’t be happier with our photos and we are so happy we had Olivia as our photographer! I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a casual and fun style that is still gorgeous and elegant.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Noel Plumb · Married on 07/27/2019

Olivia is AMAZING!!!

Olivia - Wonderful working with you and your team. Your positive energy and professionalism really made the day.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Olivia Smartt Photography Pricing

Olivia Smartt Photography Price Rates

Olivia Smartt Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2985
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Toning
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4200
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Toning
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Proofs

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Olivia Smartt Photography 1
    Discount for Weekday full day weddings

Weekday weddings are currently discounted! Please inquire for details about your special day. :)

• Olivia Smartt Photography 2
    Discount for your gorgeous venue!

Currently offering a discount for gorgeous wedding venues that are new to our public portfolio. Please inquire for more details! :)

• Hit Maker Films Wedding Videographers

Olivia is a true professional and amazing to work with!

• A Charming Affair
    A Charming Affair Wedding Planners

I worked with Olivia on a creative styled shoot earlier this year, and can tell you that she is not only a talented photographer, but a lovely and dedicated professional! She took beautiful shots, and went above and beyond before, during, and after the shoot. I'll definitely be recommending Olivia to my clients, and would not hesitate to suggest her to any bride and groom looking for a wedding photographer.

• 230 Bay Pl, Oakland, CA 94612 Oakland, CA, 94611 See on map
    510-544-8553 (Phone number)
    Tuesday - Friday 10:30am - 5pm PST
    Location of (Olivia Smartt Photography)