388 Market Street Suite #1300, San Francisco, CA 94111 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Heart of Gold DJs

An all-woman DJ company based in San Francisco + Los Angeles, we steer clear of the tired wedding standards, keeping the props, line dances, and tacky lighting off your dance floor. Putting our years of wedding experience and vast musical knowledge to use, we'll work closely with you and yours to develop a playlist perfectly suited for your event.

Follow Heart of Gold DJs on

Heart of Gold DJs 2
Heart of Gold DJs 3

S Kelley · Married on 01/01/2019

Wedding DJ

Erica was such an amazing DJ and had the whole room on the dance floor the entire night! We keep hearing from everyone that it was the best music at any wedding they had been at!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Michael · Married on 10/13/2018

Delivers the dance party of your dreams!

“Banger after banger.” – our friend

“My feet hurt so bad, but I can’t miss any of these songs!” – our other friend

“I think I’m gonna have a heart attack.” – Aunt Harri

Thankfully, Aunt Harri’s heart and our friend’s feet are fine, and hiring Heart of Gold was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. DJ Meghan Pennie was instrumental in running our evening without a hitch. She even went above and beyond by cuing us when we were scheduled to make our grand entrance to dinner, and when to transition from dinner to our reception. We made extensive notes on which songs on her list we liked best, and she really listened to our feedback. One of the first things I told her was that I wanted a wild dance party, and oh boy, did she deliver. She transitioned from classic wedding dance jams that got the older generations on the floor to more modern hits that kept our friends moving. With practically every new song that started, someone would turn to me and shout, “Oh my god! This song!!!” True to her word, she didn’t play anything cheesy or gimmicky: just a seamless string of solid gold bops all night long.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2018

My husband and I highly recommend Heart of Gold DJs, and recently worked with Allison for our wedding in Oakland at the beginning of October. Allison is calm, organized, thorough, and so very thoughtful. We met with Allison twice in our wedding planning process to discuss music style and songs, and we immediately knew that we had nothing to worry about when it came to the sound, music, and DJing at our wedding. Allison went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect. Three days before our wedding, our reception venue emailed us about a new sound equipment policy they had, which would require Allison to use the reception venue's sound equipment instead of her own as we had been planning. Allison immediately connected with our reception venue and toured it the following morning to figure out the new setup. We were so grateful to her for doing this for us, and everything went very smoothly. We gave Allison a few songs for dancing, and she created a perfect playlist for the entire night. We cannot recommend Allison and Heart of Gold DJs enough--they are smart, classy, and are dedicated to creating the wedding experience you are looking for. We only hope we get to attend other weddings where Allison will be DJing in the future! We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Allison.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Heart of Gold DJs FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,400.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,800.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

Real Weddings

• Evergreen Wedding Films
    Evergreen Wedding Films Wedding Videographers

This is such a wonderful company to work with. We highly recommend.

• Fogcutter
    Fogcutter Wedding Caterers

Shhhh--Heart of Gold is our absolute favorite DJ collective. Awesome ladies + a music library for every taste--they always kill it!

• Stoltz Media
    Stoltz Media Wedding Videographers

Heart of Gold is changing what it means to party at a Wedding. No chicken dance. No tacky lights or bubble machines, just quality music that is played at all the right times and places. And that ain't easy. Their choices in music were always in tune with the pulse of the party. I'm a videographer and Allison was awesome about making sure I was set before making announcements. She was also very kind and let me patch into her mixer. Can't say enough good things about Heart of Gold, especially Allison. Keep it up, ladies.

• 388 Market Street, Suite #1300 San Francisco, 94111 See on map