Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Heart of Gold DJs

An all-woman DJ company based in San Francisco, we steer clear of the tired wedding standards, keeping the props, line dances, and tacky lighting off your dance floor. Putting our years of wedding experience and vast musical knowledge to use, we'll work closely with you and yours to develop a playlist perfectly suited for your event.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Do-Not-Play List (5)
One Event Per Day (5)
MC (4)
Liability Insurance (2)

We hired Caity from Heart of Gold DJs for our wedding last weekend - she. was. awesome! I had people commenting on how great the music was all night. We met a couple of times beforehand to nail down any "must play" songs and to get the vibe of our event right, and she absolutely nailed it. Nothing cheesy, nothing too predictable, but still tons and tons of fun. She even cut down our obscure first dance song which is something I hadn't even thought about -THANK GOD she did as my husband and I both on the dance floor looked at each other like "oh no we have to do this for 4 minutes?!?!" Caity was so rad, my guests loved her, and she kept the party going until midnight. Highly highly recommend these babes!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved working with Allison. I highly recommend her if you're looking for someone who does amazing work and is a pleasure to work with.

She absolutely nailed our style and got exactly what we wanted, which is a major credit to her considering how much my wife and I dragged our heels in providing her with the details of the kind of music we wanted for the wedding. Beyond getting the music for dancing exactly right, the music she played during the dinner was perfect and she was so professional and such a joy to work with for the ceremony sound. We did everything outdoors at Gardener Ranch and the sound for every phase was perfect.

The other thing I would stress is that Allison was a really cool and pleasant person to work with, which was a really big deal when it came to wedding vendors for me. In a world where a lot of vendors are kind of maniacs, it was really great to be communicating/working with someone you could envision hanging out with.

Thanks Allison!

Profile Picture Dickson, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Erica was amazing in every way. She made the wedding so fun and easy for us, knew exactly what to play and when, and kept everyone on the dance floor. We met with her a few months before the wedding to talk music and get to know her and she made us instantly feel that we were in good hands. She has extensive music knowledge, asked us our favorite bands/musicians, and right away understood the overall feel we were going for. She sent us a thorough list of songs and allowed us to selects yes's and no's as well as collaborate on shared Spotify playlists. We even asked her to edit a clip out of one of our favorite songs and loop it for us for the processional and she did it perfectly. I can honestly say she couldn't have possibly done a better job.

Profile Picture Ethan, 5/19/18, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1405359948512 435
220x220 sq 1405360004701 20130824kristyweldonphotography0829
220x220 sq 1405360066880 20130824kristyweldonphotography0946

5 ENDORSEMENTS
This is such a wonderful company to work with. We highly recommend.

Shhhh--Heart of Gold is our absolute favorite DJ collective. Awesome ladies + a music library for every taste--they always kill it!

Heart of Gold is changing what it means to party at a Wedding. No chicken dance. No tacky lights or bubble machines, just quality music that is played at all the right times and places. And that ain't easy. Their choices in music were always in tune with the pulse of the party. I'm a videographer and Allison was awesome about making sure I was set before making announcements. She was also very kind and let me patch into her mixer. Can't say enough good things about Heart of Gold, especially Allison. Keep it up, ladies.

Allison of Heart of Gold was super positive and easy to work with! Punctual and professional. Allison carries an amazing amount of enthusiasm that is contagious to the dance floor. Thanks Allison! Hope to work more events with Heart of Gold DJs soon!

I LOVE working with Erica, she is a true team player. I love her style, and the dance floor stayed full the whole night! Not a moment was missed by the guests.

388 Market Street , Suite #1300, San Francisco, CA 94111   See On Map