J29 Events

McKinleyville, CA View map
$6,000 Package Price

$6,000 Package Price

J29 Events is a premier luxury wedding planning and design firm based in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We specialize in full service planning & creative design for weddings and elopements.

Serving all of Washington, Oregon, Northern California, and Colorado!

www.j29events.com

e: info@j29events.com | p: 503-349-6481

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$3,000

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$6,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$10,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Natasha
    Natasha M. Married on 05/28/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

My wedding would have FAILED without this team!

Let me start this review off by saying if I didn't have Lois and the J29 team the day of my wedding it would have been an absolute chaotic mess lol. Honestly do not know what I would have done without them...

This is gonna be a long review so buckle up, but I'll start by explaining that I am an extremely Type A personality. I am also an art director and a photographer so planning aesthetic and photo worthy sets is my expertise... that being said.. planning an actual 100 person event in a completely different state in a tiny little town that I was not familiar with was a whole new challenge. I wanted to be super hands on with every detail (and there were A LOT of details) so instead of a full time planner I decided to plan mostly on my own and just get a day of coordinator so that I wouldn't have to deal with any stress the day of. I will say when I reached out to J29 I was skeptical just because I didn't understand what I was paying for because I thought "how hard could just the day of be, and I was doing most of the work anyway, right?" - WRONG (now looking back on this experience I WAS NAIVE AND IDK WHAT I WAS THINKING LOL)

I hopped on a call with Shauna and explained my wedding and she was able to match me with one of her girls who she thought would fit my personality and vibe - and that ANGEL SENT FROM ABOVE was Lois. Now Lois was only hired to be my "day of coordinator" but leading up to the event, my perfectly planned out wedding that I had been meticulously agonizing over for 2 years kinda hit the fan with a multiple important vendors dropping out and she would text me all hours of the day with recommendations and new ideas and ways of doing things which was WAY beyond what I ever expected from her and her team.

Our wedding was planned to be 100% outdoors and the venue had no backup plan - but of course the week of the wedding the weather shifted and a huge rain/wind storm came through not only leaving us scrambling for an impossible backup plan, but also with that type of weather we weren't allowed to use the majority of the venue space like we originally planned. My wedding was basically in the middle of nowhere and finding a tent that fit 100 people 4 days before the event was actually impossible, so Lois came up with a plan to do 5 smaller tents from different vendors and piece them all together to make like a mini festival vibe. We had to cram my entire venue layout into a small gravel square in the corner of the venue which was no small feat. One tent was the dinner tables, one tent was the dance floor, one tent was a lounge area, one tent was the bar, one tent had our vintage car in it, one area was a food truck, and one area was a giant white bounce house that I rented because why not! The literal fact that she was able to plan this all and pull this off successfully DAYS before the event is just baffling. I was having absolute sobbing meltdowns basically every day leading up to the wedding due to the complete 180 shift and not ONCE did Lois complain or have a negative attitude. Throughout this entire debacle she was SO POSITIVE and so helpful and honestly helped me stop crying most days from her amazing energy and positivity.

The day of the wedding was basically 10x worse weather than we could have ever expected. It was super foggy, torrential downpour, and 40mph sideways winds... I had a whole coffee truck setup for our wedding party to enjoy and because of the insane weather the generator wouldn't start. Lois went out of her way to get our entire wedding party coffee the morning of while we were getting ready because she knew how much I was looking forward to having that coffee truck! I literally almost cried, like WHAT?!

The morning of the wedding all of the tents they set up the night before had blown over so she was getting all of that situated - meanwhile trying to put together every single detail (I did A TON of DYI stuff lol) setting up in the wind and rain without bothering me a single time. Like I LITERALLY had no idea there was chaos happening at the venue she just handled everything like a freaking BOSS. I saw my dad later in the afternoon and he told me he had never seen a person work so hard in his entire life. My entire family was SOOOO impressed with how hard Lois was working, MULTIPLE people come up to me throughout the night asking where this lady came from she was just SO ON IT. From VERY early morning to VERY LATE at night she was always just getting it done I don't think she stopped moving a single moment. Whenever I needed something she just happened to be there! She was like my wedding fairy god mother and without her I know my wedding would not have been as amazing as it was.

I have a million more little stories and amazing things I could say about Lois and the J29 team but if you've made it this far into this review JUST BOOK THEM. It was worth EVERY SINGLE penny and then some. Without Lois I would have been an absolute crying stressed our mess in a chaotic wedding, instead I was blissfully unaware of anything and it was an absolute dream event.

J29 Events's reply:

Oh my goodness, your words are so incredibly touching. It was our absolute pleasure to work with you two and bring your wedding day to life, despite the rain (so sorry). Wishing you all of the best and the happiest marriage!
  • Esther
    Esther T. Married on 10/03/2021

The best of the best!

We had the privilege of getting to work with the AMAZING Shauna with J29 events for our wedding. She is a delight to work with and we couldn't have asked for a better person to help create our vision. Her ability to be professional and detail-oriented makes her tremendously successful at what she does. This skillset was crucial as she helped us navigate the restrictions and constant changes with venue requirements with such ease. With every zoom conference call, email, phone call and in person venue walkthroughs the rehearsal, she made sure that we were moving right along in the planning process and would give great recommendations to help tie in all of the details.

My husband and I are so grateful for Shauna and the J29 events team! They made our wedding day vision come to life and helped us create a unique experience that tied in our culture and backgrounds. The day of the wedding went by smoothly and we are both well aware that it was because of Shauna skillfully juggling all of the pieces with the wedding timeline and vendors. We were able to fully enjoy the day without having to worry about a thing- it never once felt rushed or hectic! We can't wait to work with her for our next family event. THANK YOU!
    Ryan K. Married on 09/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Shauna was terrific to work with :)

I am a musician/DJ and I worked with Shauna & Sabrina at an event at the Orchard in Hood River, and everything was super smooth & seamless. Great communication leading up to the event, and excellent execution of the event! Super great team to work with, I definitely recommend them :) Cheers!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Summer Robbins Flowers Summer Robbins Flowers Wedding Florists

Shauna and her team of planners at J29 are top notch professionals. I worked with them at a wedding this past summer. They were super organized and wonderful partners for us as vendors. We felt supported and kept up to date on anything and everything we needed to know for our beloved couple. I can't wait to work with J29 again. :)

Accurate Productions, Inc. Accurate Productions, Inc. Wedding DJs

It is always a great pleasure working with Shauna at J29 Events. She is very professional, organized and fun! Her attention to detail at any events (and especially weddings) makes the planning process and the day-of execution a breeze. We highly recommend J29 Events for anyone that is serious about creating the wedding that they deserve.

Flora Organica Designs Flora Organica Designs Wedding Florists

Working with Shauna and her team is always a pleasure!

McKinleyville, 95519
Location of (J29 Events)
Portland, 97225
SW 95th Ave Portland, OR, 97225

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding