J29 Events Reviews

56 | McKinleyville, CA

56 Reviews for J29 Events

Nj Sd · Married on 04/05/2019

Fantastic, efficient, friendly, and well-organized

A fantastic experience, worth every penny. We always wondered what a day-of coordinator did -- well, we found out when we didn't have to do any of it! Ema rehearsed us, figured out how to assemble a chuppah, laid out all the decorations, marched us in successfully, and put everything away in the right boxes at the end. It was seamless. Later, her boss, Shauna, assisted me in dealing with a problem I had with the venue, resulting in a partial refund from the site.

Sent on 04/05/2019

Brenna · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I got married in Trinidad, CA on August 18th of this year. We booked Shauna for our day of wedding planner - but she was much more than that. We planned our wedding from out of state (in WA). I grew up in Northern California and my parents still live there, but Shauna was a huge guide to us even though we had family in the area. She helped us with all the details till the day of the wedding and was our SAVIOR on the day of. She kept everything on time for the ceremony and all the events of the reception. She made sure vendors were where they needed to be and on time. I think I told her 10+ times that I was so happy she was there on the day/night of the wedding. My husband nearly cut the tip of his finger off before the ceremony (she glued it up), my brother who was a groomsman ripped his pants 5 minutes before the wedding and she had everything needed to get us through the ceremony, and she even gave us her ring during the ceremony as our best man misplaced our rings. My MOH and I continue to rave about her to this day, she even made my MOH consider wedding planning because she is so impressive. Not only is she really great at her job, but she is a very genuine person. I highly, highly recommend J29 events for anyone considering help with wedding planning.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Katie Naughton · Married on 07/28/2018

Wouldn't get married without them!

Shauna and the team members at J29 Events are thoughtful, precise, and passionate. The idea of wedding planning was very overwhelming for us (My husband and I are major procrastinators and very unorganized), but Shauna was able to break up the massive process into small achievable steps. Having this structure completely changed our experienced from overwhelming and confusing to positive and exciting. Leading up the the wedding date, her structure allowed us to essentially have all tasks completed weeks before our wedding.
    Shauna was able to use her design expertise to create a design board that brought all of our various ideas into one cohesive vision. This then allowed us to begin finding the right vendors to bring that vision to life. Shauna's vast network of vendors and contacts was amazing and so crucial. She has contacts for each element of the planning process (venue, photography, catering, DJ, florals, videographer, signage, decor, etc) and because of that, we were able to connect with vendors that were in our budget, shared our style, and helped fulfill our vision. Having vendors already know and respect Shauna and J29 Events made for smooth communication and execution. Shauna was able to coordinate with all the various vendors on planing and logistics - a HUGE element that reduced our stress throughout this process. She also provided ways for us to stay within our budget but still include all desired elements of our day. Shauna and J29 Events made our entire wedding process easy and amazing. On our wedding day, Shauna was always two steps ahead of us. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Pamela · Married on 07/14/2018

I don't even have enough good things to say about J29. Shauna and her team go ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure your wedding planning process is perfect. Leading up to the big day, she listens to your ever need, crazy thought and idea. She is available all the time and is so supportive. She is so organized and stays on top of every detail.
    The day of your wedding, she will make sure nothing bothers you. She will handle crazy in laws, parents, friends and family members. She will track down alcohol when your caterer runs out in the middle of the wedding. She will even figure out how to serve ice cream sandwiches to your guest in a creative way when your caterer forgets to put them in a freezer :) She solved every problem without even letting me know so that my guests had a great time and I didn't have to leave the dance floor.
    Wedding planning is a stressful and consuming process. I was so lucky to have Shauna by my side every step of the way. I truly don't know what I would have done without her. Picking J29 events to plan my wedding was the best decision I made.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

We worked with Shauna for our elopement and I can't say enough how grateful I was to have found her. Shauna was always very responsive and extremely patient with me as the venue and date of the elopement changed many times. Shauna had amazing advice and knew how to coordinate services and the day of so that my husband and I didn't have any stress. Shauna is professional and organized but truly I was left in awe of her talents with design and decor. She took the hodge podge of decor items that I had bought and transformed them into a cohesive and gorgeous venue and dinner space. Shauna saved the day multiple times and helped me get into my wedding dress. Needless to say I recommend J29 events wholeheartedly!

Sent on 11/12/2016

J29 Events's reply:

Thabk you so much for your sweet words. It's always a pleasure to work with lovely couples like you guys. Working with you for the last year + has been so much fun - I wish we had more time. xoxo

Cody · Married on 09/10/2017

TL;DR: Our wedding would not have happened without the dedication, expertise and LOVE of Shauna and her J29 team. If you want to feel confident going into the biggest day of your life, and then have the best day of your life, hire them.

We worked with Shauna for more than a year planning our dream wedding in the Columbia River Gorge. Her recommended vendors and style guidance was top notch, translating our vision into a reality and helping us think through things we never would have on our own.

But just 6 days before our wedding, the Eagle Creek Wildfire began. Three days later, our venue and the town of Hood River where all of our 100+ guests were going to stay, was at risk of evacuation. Shauna, while juggling two other weddings, mobilized not only her team at J29 Events, but her incredible network of vendors to spin up multiple backup options in case we needed to move everything.

Unfortunately, due to hazardous smoke conditions, we did have to relocate—but fortunately, our backup, lined up and executed by Shauna and her team, ended up being the most incredible wedding ever. In less than one week, she moved heaven and earth to recreate what we had planned for more than a year in a totally different location. Her logistical know-how, reputation, and sheer determination turned a nightmare into an absolute fairy tale. But don't take our word for it: ALL of our guests have said it's the best wedding they've ever been to... Which is no surprise—it was a J29 wedding.

THANK YOU, Shauna and Michelle!

Sent on 09/14/2017

mia · Married on 07/02/2017

I worked with Michelle to plan my early July wedding. I was *a bit* eager and had a bunch of vision board ideas and SO MUCH decor. Michelle styled everything so effortlessly and beautifully - it was so much more than we could have imagined! she was super patient with me the whole time and gave me tons of really great pointers that helped me really clarify the vibe and look we were going for.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Cambry · Married on 05/28/2017

To say Shauna and her team are incredible, is an understatement. Shauna helped us design and plan our day, and execute everything flawlessly. She handled all of our day of coordination and setup/design of our wedding. I am a very picky person but she responded quickly and perfectly to every one of my texts and emails asking for opinions and insight on things. She is amazing! She helped me feel at ease when the wedding stress really got to me (which it inevitably always does!). The best part about working with J29 and her team is that they felt like friends. I felt so comfortable talking with her candidly about anything and she was always willing to give me honest opinions about costs of things and the design. She handled everything with such ease. I can't recommend her and her team enough. I don't know what I would have done without her!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Joni · Married on 12/29/2016

When planning a wedding it's so important to be able to depend on someone who has a clear vision and can execute it. I was so happy to find Shauna as she definitely has those qualities and more! I recommend her for any wedding or fine event for planning and coordination. She will help make your dream a reality.

Sent on 01/17/2014

Vivi · Married on 08/04/2016

We planned our wedding from overseas (in Sydney, Australia) and Nicole was our day of coordinator. This was the best decision ever. Nicole was so amazing to work with and executed everything so beautifully and professionally. There were a lot of moving parts, our ceremony was at Cathedral Park and our reception at Coopers Hall. Nicole coordinated everything so smoothly and effortlessly. She has so much experience and thinks of all the little details that can easily be missed. Because of Nicole, I had the best day of my life! All of our guests continue to rave how amazing, well organized and fun our wedding was. Thanks so much Nicole and the ladies at J29. You made our wedding so unforgettable.

Sent on 08/29/2016

J29 Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Vivi! It was pleasure to work with you two. We wish you all the best! <3

Margaret · Married on 07/24/2016

The J29 team was extremely responsive - one of my favorite things from working with them. They were always there to respond to emails, address concerns, last minute difficulties, etc. I had a destination wedding, so I wasn't in Oregon to plan in-person, but felt like I got to know them just as well from afar. I would recommend to any bride considering them!

Sent on 09/05/2016

J29 Events's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and Jeff! Congrats on a beautiful wedding!

Sunitha · Married on 07/02/2016

Words cannot express how awesome and hardworking Shauna is at J29 events. I worked with her for over a year (full wedding planning service) and she always went above and beyond. She truly is a visionary and is able to give you your dream wedding that you have stuck in your mind but have no idea how to implement.

She also remembers literally everything. Something small I talked about five months, she will remember and ask me about. So that frantic feeling that you are forgetting something is gone when you are working with her. She also just happens to be an incredibly fun and kind person. I really enjoyed brainstorming ideas together.

Even when things get crazy, she stays incredibly calm and you can definitely count on her. One of my buses broke down that was supposed to transport me and my friends to the venue. She handled it with ease and grace. I could not have asked for a better wedding planner and friend throughout the process. Thank you so much, Shauna!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

Nicole was the day-of coordinator for our wedding and she did an amazing job! She was great to work with leading up to the big day, and knowing that she was behind the scenes, keeping everything on track was such relief and really allowed me to fully enjoy my wedding day. I highly recommend J29 and Nicole!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Loretta · Married on 04/09/2016

No need to look any further. Shauna is the bomb! She planned a baby shower for me, actually for my daughter. It exceeded every expectation I had, and my daughter and our guests were blown away. The decorations, the food, the bartender, the linens, organizing every detail - that is what Shauna does. I was lost, and don't know what I would have done without her!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Kathryn · Married on 09/19/2015

I would recommend J29 Events to any bride looking for 'day of' or full coordination. I worked with Nicole who was my 'day-of' coordinator and she was awesome! Looking back I wish I had done 'month-of' because how stressful it got towards the end of planning. Nicole was very organized, quick to respond in emails or calls and always put my needs and requests first (with a smile). My family was very appreciative of her assistance and she made the day flow very smooth and kept each vendor on time. Many compliments on the wedding!! :)) Thanks ladies!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/06/2015

It's been a month since our wedding and I still cannot believe how amazing the entire day was. Shauna with J29 Events went above an beyond. We had her for Day Of only but she was present and available and extremely helpful via email, text, and/or phone at any time prior to the wedding. On the day of, she brought all our ideas to life without my presence (while I was getting ready). The venue was exactly what I envisioned and more. She was so much fun and so great and easy to work with. Navigating and planning a wedding is stressful, but Shauna made it amazing. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/11/2015

My first conversation with Shauna went completely differently than my conversations with any other prospective wedding coordinators. Instead of laughing in my face at the number of people on the guest list and our budget, Shauna started giving me all kinds of suggestions for how we could make it work! It was awesome to feel like I had someone on my side who was willing to be straightforward and honest about costs and expectations of each piece of wedding planning. It was a lifesaver to be able to ask questions along the way, even though I had "only" hired J29 for day-of coordinating. Having someone on call who has done this before put me at ease over and over again during planning.

On the day of my wedding, I have Nicole to thank for just about everything. From the styling and set up, to managing the vendors, to keeping us on the timeline despite an epic rain delay-I literally do not know how we would've done it without her. I get tears in my eyes just remembering how it felt to walk into the ceremony and see my exact ideas executed even beyond what I had imagined! I never felt stressed out once on my wedding day, and if there was any chaos I certainly didn't know about it! Not only is J29 by far one of the most affordable styling and coordinating services that I found, the service I received was invaluable. Thank you!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Lori · Married on 08/01/2015

We worked with Nicole at J29 for day-of coordination. As part of this service, she facilitated the rehearsal, made a timeline, set up the decorations, helped clean up, and contacted the other vendors the week before to confirm details. Nicole was very easy to work with throughout the entire process - very patient, flexible, and professional. She listened to our ideas and implemented our vision, but also made great suggestions based on her experience. Nicole pulled everything together, kept us on schedule, and troubleshooted when needed, so that we could fully enjoy the day. Day-of coordination is completely worth the investment, and J29 was a great value. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Jessi · Married on 07/11/2015

We utilized Shauna at J29 Events for day-of services for our wedding and she was awesome. I had a pretty solid vision of what I wanted our wedding to look like and my mom and I handled a lot of the planning leading up to the wedding, but we were so happy to have Shauna for the rehearsal and the wedding day itself.

Shauna is extremely professional and very nice, but can also be assertive when need be, which is exactly what we wanted. It took so much stress off of our shoulders to know that on the day of, she could handle the vendors and get things set up while we got ready for the wedding. Shauna listened to what we wanted and executed it perfectly. I was so thrilled with how everything looked - it was like she read my mind! Shauna was also super helpful for all of those random questions that come up during the planning process that only a professional would know the answer to. She was quick to respond to emails and texts and was easily able to organize things like the processional and the timeline of the big day. Her master timeline was so detailed and was really a lifesaver.

Although I didn't utilize Shauna's design services very much in planning my wedding, based on the pictures I've seen of her events and also the beautiful decor of her home when we met with her there, I have no doubt that any event that is fully planned by her and her team is amazing.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Chelsea · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I LOVED Nicole. She did beyond a fantastic job with our day of coordination! We continue to say it was the best money we spent and it was. Nicole not only was available the whole month before but the day before the wedding we had another vendor bail and she found a better replacement than we could have asked for. We also got some great feed back from our family and friends who thought she was professional and organized which is a much appreciated trait when both of us are event planners ourselves.

Sent on 07/11/2015

J29 Events's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, Chelsea and congratulations! It was a pleasure to work with you two and we apologize on behalf of the other vendor but we're so happy it worked out for the better. Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!

Patti · Married on 05/30/2015

Shauna helped us plan a very unique event - a combined 80th birthday and high school graduation, kind of like a wedding! She is an expert in the biz - has relationships with all the best vendors and is current on all the latest trends. She is the perfect balance between a great listener and great guide - skilled at navigating differing personalities. Plus she is a go-getter and plain fun to work with!

Sent on 10/23/2015

J29 Events did an unbelievable job! They went above and beyond my expectations! I am so grateful I found them, to help take the stress off me so I could get ready in peace (minus my nerves) I would recommend them to anyone!

-Brittany Santee ♡

Sent on 04/06/2015

Daryn · Married on 09/19/2014

Shauna was absolutely amazing, she went way above and beyond and really worked with us at making our elopement ceremony something truly special for the two of us. She was so organized and so easy to talk to, we felt very comfortable discussing our desires with her and she is so creative that she came up with things we would never have dreamed of. She is a true gem and we are so glad we were able to work with her.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Kristi · Married on 09/13/2014

We hired Nicole from J29 Events to help with day-of coordination for our wedding. Nicole was super organized the whole time and although I had plenty of plans for how I wanted everything to look, Nicole executed my vision for the day even better than I could have imagined.

I wasn't able to help set up anything ahead of time, so I saw everything for the first time during the actual wedding, and I was overwhelmed with how incredibly it all came together.

Nicole was also a wonderful liaison between me and all of my vendors. She was able to take care of payments and gently let us know when we were needed for different activities throughout the evening. She also kept our large wedding party in line for the ceremony, which is a lot like herding cats.

For any bride or groom who is contemplating whether to spend the money and hire someone to help coordinate everything, even if just for the wedding day, I would say DO IT. I didn't think I would need help, and I know now that I would have had a completely different, stressful day without Nicole there. It was worth the investment, at least with J29 Events!

Sent on 09/29/2014

J29 Events is amazing! Without their help my wedding wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did.

Sent on 09/29/2014