anyone ever used clip-in hair extensions?
My hair is pretty long, mid back or so but really thin and for the wedding day, I'm wanting to leave my hair down and have long, flowing, romantic curls but my hair is kind of wimpy. I was thinking of getting some of those clip in hair extensions to give my hair some more volume and full-ness. So, I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried them before, if they were worth the extra $ and if they were comfortable/uncomfortable and such. :)

Married: 09/14/2012
Posted On: May 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

9 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Tiny Dancer
Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 5
May 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
A friend of mine did this. She has long-ish hair to her shoulder blades and for her wedding she wanted long curly locks so she got the clip in extensions. It looked great! The only downside is that they can feel heavy after awhile and could give you a head ache (much like having a bunch of bobbi pins tucked in there would).

Married: 10/22/2011
Reviews: 13
May 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My friend and one of my BMs uses them all the time.
She has extremely fine hair.
She let me borrow them once...they were kind of heavy, but they sure did look good.
Pic one (she's on the right): without hair extensions
Pic two (she's on the right): with hair extensions

krisalicious
Married: 04/28/2012
May 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Two of my friends are stylists and they use clip-ins on themselves all the time!!!!

I guess some brands and clips are more comfortable than others, do your research! I know Jenece was selling a certain brand for a while that was really comfy, she always makes us try out her random beauty crap at girls night. :) I'll see if I can find them on her website....

May 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
sweet thx ladies

Married: 07/27/2012
Reviews: 5
May 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
make sure you get a stylist to cut the pieces so they blend into your hair.

krisalicious
Married: 04/28/2012
May 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My friend didn't have them posted on her blog........she seriously needs to update her blog!!!!!! :) I emailed her to ask, I'll let you know if she writes back. Sorry!

justine
Married: 07/13/2013
May 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wear them every day! Look on my profile the picture of me is with extensions. Let me know and I will send you before and after pictures if you want!

MrsO
Married: 05/05/2012
Reviews: 6
May 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I got clip ins for my wedding and it was one of the best decisions I made. I absolutely loved how my hair looked and I never would have been able to achieve such a look without them.

The ones I got cost about 100 dollars from Sally's, but are definitely re-usable. I don't know how much I will use them in every day wear, but I'm already planning to break them out again for my brother's wedding.

May 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think I want them.... I just want the volume they give and I know I can't get it w/out
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct