Willrich Bridal & Special Events, Inc.

Willrich Bridal & Special Events, Inc.

Elite Wedding Planners & Event Specialists

129 Greenapple Way
Simpsonville, SC 29681 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Could not have had my day run as smoothly as it did without Susan and her team!! I used Willrich Bridal as my month of planner. I am a DIY'er and truly could not have set up my wedding and reception on my own without the help of Susan. They took all my decorations and made my day look fabulous, and EXACTLY the way I wanted. She was very easy to communicate with and did a great job of organizaing all my vendors and timeline. Several of my guests commented on how the wedding and reception flowed effortlessly. That's because Susan and her team took all that effort on themselves!! They ran the show, while remaining very "behind the scenes". My husband and I were able to enjoy our day, knowing that Susan and her girls would point us in the right direction, at the right time. As the bride, it was wonderful to have one of her girls with me throughout the day, and very attentive to anything I might need. Anyone who thinks they don't need a wedding planner needs to think again and use Willrich Bridal! Besides marrying my husband, they were one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Jessica
2.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.5

While this woman claims to have been in this business for sometime, she certainly lacks many people skills. Most all my daughter's wedding plans were extroderinarily planned down to the smallest of details, this coordinator and her "staff" had barely anything to do but fill candy jars and pack up our remaining items (gifts, tablecloths, etc) at the end of the wedding. Her presence there was obvious-she stands out like a sore thumb. As the mother, two of my sisters were there and asked her to have the waiters' remove excess glasses and plates from the table. Susan was heard remarking to one of her staff people, "those Northern bitches, over there want them moved. The "timeline" she "created," was noteworthy, but in my opinion a form that she replicated for any other bride.

Willrich Bridal & Special Events, Inc. responded with the following comments:

If you (the bride's mother) were unhappy with our service it certainly saddens me. I would hope everyone (as proven by our other reviews) were more than happy with what we offer. This was a "month of wedding" for us not a full planning event, so it is correct that we put out the items and carry out the plans the bride has made on her own. I certainly did not say "northern bitches" to anyone. If someone in my staff was overheard saying this, I certainly apoligize. I did tell this particular table, that I could not remove the plates and silverware as I was the planner, not the caterering staff. I did however go myself and get some catering staff to remove the glasses and plates. My team also went and purchased the champagne the bride had forgotten as well as treats the band required in their dressing room that had not been purchased. We did not even charge the bride for these items. My team also packed up everything at the end of the wedding and help get them to cars (not in the contract) and I even took some of the items home with me when there was not enough space in the family car. The parents picked these items up on Monday following the wedding. Again, this is not something we normally do, but did to help this family out. We also dedicated one person to watching a small child that had been brought to an adult only reception, again something we do not normally do, but we did to help the family out. I do not understand why I would would stick out like a sore thumb, unless she is refering to my weight. My team is dressed in all black and we we are always in the back of the room unless needed for help. Our timeline is very specific and is individualized for each wedding. Yes, we do work from a template I have developed over years of doing this, but it is certainly made to be specific for each event. Again, I am sorry if the customer was not happy, but in this particular case I feel that is deserved a response.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A year ago, my husband Adam and I went to Susan Sanford and WillRich Bridal not knowing just how much went into planning a wedding. To say we were overwhelmed was an understatement. And to say Susan and her team eased our stressed also isn't saying enough.
There are really two parts to this story. The first is the planning portion. Susan jumped right into action hooking us up with some of the finest vendors the Upstate of South Carolina has to offer. We essentially entrusted our wedding to Susan with the idea that it be an eloquent affair our family and friends would remember for a long time.
Susan attended every meeting and offered her wide expertise. Adam and I had tons of questions and she answered each one in a way we could understand. Her ideas meshed perfectly with ours.
Her relationship with each of the vendors (florist, photographer, cake, etc.) allowed for everyone to be on the same page throughout the entire process.
Each month she sent us a to-do list to keep us on track. She is available day and night through e-mail and telephone to answer the smallest question or even to ease our minds when things didn't seem to be going our way.
Halfway through the process our venue cancelled and we had to start from scratch on that front. Susan adapted on the fly and the vendors followed suit.
There was never a time when Susan was judgmental about our vision. While she has her recommendations, she respected our wishes. She was always calm and down to earth.
In the weeks leading up to the wedding, everything really came together when Susan designed a timeline for the ceremony and reception down to the very second. No detail was left out and each of the vendors received a copy.

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

(Continued from last Post)
The second portion of our story deals with the day of. Susan and her team of six girls and her husband Richard, who can't go overlooked, made sure our special day went off without a hitch.
Each member of the team had specific responsibilities they performed with great efficiency and enthusiasm throughout the day.
At the rehearsal, Susan took charge and made sure every member of the wedding party knew exactly where to stand, what to do, etc.
The day of the wedding, she supervised all of the vendors and made sure they worked together.
As an example of just how much WillRich went out of its way to make our day perfect, Susan listened to my concerns about my bridesmaids' heels digging into the grass at our outdoor wedding. She sent one of her people to a bunch of stores looking for the right size of heel protectors to put on the end of their heels.
Bridesmaids that didn't have their dresses ironed got their dresses pressed by Susan's girls. They also helped untangle some of my bridesmaids' necklaces. This just shows how dedicated Susan is to her craft.
The ceremony was beautiful and everything was exactly how we wanted it. During the reception, which WillRich coordinated the set up and take downof, Susan kept Adam and I up to date with timing of events and adjusted if we needed extra time to mingle with guests or take photos.
Richard secured our wedding gifts at the end of the night and placed them in Adam's car at our hotel. He is also very well-versed in the art of pinning a boutineer!
When all was said and done, one of the first things I said to Adam was that we couldn't have done this without Susan Sanford. We will always remember how much work she put into our special day.
If you are considering a wedding planner in Upstate SC, you'd be crazy not to enlist the services of WillRich Bridal. Thanks so much Susan!

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Susan and her team are wonderful. I was an out-of-state bride who needed someone in town to keep an eye on everything and organize all the details I was planning. Susan was just the person. She had plenty of ideas and vendors to refer. Her team is professional and attentive to your every need. Her packages vary to total planning to simply watching over your day. I appreciated everything Susan and her team did for us to make our day special and memorable!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Susan and Willrich Bridal are the ultimate, comprehensive wedding planners! Every single detail of my rehearsal and wedding/reception was discussed and thoroughly prepared! I was overwhelmed with the realization of the amount of detail (and attention to detail!) that goes into planning a wedding. My mother and I could not have had my perfect wedding without their help. They even provided my with vendors that they have close working relationships with that I could fully trust. Professional, always available, and thorough are the perfect words to describe their services. My wedding day included a staff member to attend to every detail..me, both sides of our families, groom, etc. They kept me sane and calm! Having known many wedding and event planners, no one has even come close to the service that Susan and her Willrich Bridal staff can provide. I would recommend to them anyone who is getting married or planning a very special event...you are safe in their hands! I cannot say enough about the insane amount of help they provided!!

• Wedding: 01/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Susan Sanford was amazing. We hired her as soon as our daughter became engaged. She helped us plan each detail with ease. She helped us find vendors that were reliable and did a fabulous job. Each time we contacted her, she responded right away and had an answer to our question. The day of the wedding Susan and her team made sure every detail was done the way we discussed. I didn't have to do anything but spend time with my daughter getting our hair and makeup done and relax.
My husband fell one hour before the wedding and needed stitches on his forehead - with no time for that her team fixed him up. He made it down the isle and no one knew anything had happened. They also had to sew a bridesmaid in her dress after a major malfunction in the zipper.
Susan Sanford and her team were not rattled by this at all. They were professional and handled everything that was thrown that them.
We used Susan for our first daughter's wedding so we knew to take her advice and that she would not steer us wrong.
Susan traveled to Charleston, SC to do our wedding. Thank you for a great experience!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Susan Sanford and her team were amazing!! They were very professional, extremely organized, and a wedding lifesaver! I couldn't imagine having done this without them. I would highly recommend their services. Specifically, they made the day of the wedding stress free for me. They had already contacted all the vendors 2 weeks prior and ensured everything was on time and they all knew where they were going. The day of, they had a timeline broken down by 15 minute increments to keep everything moving smoothly and making sure people were where they needed to be (aka - during the cake cutting, they made sure both sets of parents were brought to the front so they wouldn't miss it). They just had all the details down and it made it so my husband and I could truly enjoy ourselves!

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Susan and the entire Willrich staff did a tremendous job perfecting every single detail leading up to our special day. Our entire wedding weekend was more than we could have ever imagined, and it would not have been possible without the help of Willrich Bridal. I am so thankful we chose Susan to be our wedding planner! I would HIGHLY recommend her and the wonderful Willrich staff! Simply the BEST in the Upstate!

• Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

No one should try to have a wedding without a wedding coordinator and those in this area should consider Willrich Bridal. They took care of all the small and large things at my daughter's wedding that freed me up to enjoy the day as Mother of the Bride. I considered the money spent for this service well-spent and worth every penny. Susan's crew was courteous and professional and worked well with other vendors to accomplish all that needed to be done.

• Wedding: 01/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We enjoyed working with Susan and her team. We truly appreciated their professionalism and hard work to make our day special. Willrich Bridal is a wonderful team and I would recommend them to any bride. It was indeed a pleasure to work with all of them and we are just so grateful that Susan accepted us as her client.

Ivory and Kenje'

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was AMAZING and there is no way it would have been as perfect and special without Susan and her staff. They planned my wedding so that the wedding day ran like a well-oiled machine. Susan is always available for her brides and she answered all my emails and phone calls within the hour. She is amazing and there is no one better to help plan your special day!

• Wedding: 03/06/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience with Susan and her team. It was a HOT August day and Susan kept us all cool and collected. It was so nice to just enjoy the day. The details were handled seemlessly in our perception and we never knew of any of the little glitches that always occur.

• Wedding: 08/01/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Willrich Bridal provided exceptional service not only on the day of the wedding, but also during the months leading up to the wedding. I highly recommend Willrich Bridal!

• Wedding: 07/11/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Their total team approach made sure that our special day was perfect in every way. I could not have had my dream wedding without Susan and her crew.

• Wedding: 06/20/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0

Simply the best!

• Wedding: 06/06/2009
864-313-1944
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards