Victorian Rose Bridals

Victorian Rose Bridals

6701 Glenwood Ave
Raleigh, NC 27612 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of t...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Veils

• Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

This is a terrible place do not buy or even visit this place. They can't even keep appointments straight so how can you expect them to make your dress perfect for your big day? You can't. I booked an appointment for a Wtoo trunk show. The show got rescheduled. The first time they called me not because the show was canceled but because my wedding was "so far in advance" and a consultant was going to be out that day so they wanted me to reschedule. Coincidentally the trunk show was going to be scheduled as well to May 30th so they knew I really wanted to attend this trunk show. So rescheduling would have worked out. I called the day before my rescheduled May 30th appointment I called to confirm that the trunk show was still happening. Turns out the trunk show was the weekend before! They never called to tell me the trunk show had been reschedule knowing that I had wanted to attend. So I missed the trunk show that hardly ever comes to this part of town. And all they could say was an unapologectic "sorry." No sense of urgency to make their wrong a right. No urgency to try to help me figure out what to do next. I had family coming in from out of town that had to reschedule twice already, now the dresses I had been dying to see left the weekend before. They can't even keep the details you want out of your bridal appointment. So how can you expect them to make you're wedding dress perfect or feel compassion for you when you call them upset and crying on the phone. They have zero compassion for what their customers want. Don't go there. Don't trust them for your most important day and dress.

• Wedding: [Private]
1 Review
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really enjoyed working with Victorian Rose Bridals. I had read some reviews that were negative and it made me weary. When looking for my dress, we had pulled a few different ones and when we knew we had found "The One," the consultant helped and confirmed that it definitely was the perfect dress for me. Later on, there were some concerns about negative media with the boutique and I ended up calling the manager and she reassured me that my dress would be perfect and took it upon herself to contact the designer of my dress who happened to have my size in their studio. She then had it shipped in and I got it within 3 weeks and it was perfect! I also bought my veil from them which looks stunning and it came in quickly. They called me when both were in and I picked them up! It was an amazing experience!

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
0.1/5.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I should NEVER have ordered my dress from here ... I was warned by my sister in law who was very dissappointed with her alterations and I read all the reviews here, I should have listened!!

I ordered and paid in full for my dress in February. It is September 1st and I have still not received my dress nor can the manager, the assistant manager, or the owner of the store give me a date that it will come in .... And my wedding is next month.

If you buy from this store, be prepared to deal with a bunch of teenagers who have no idea what they're doing. There is obviously poor management at the store and while they advertise themselves as a high-end bridal boutique they obviously train none of their employees to know what they should know or be doing.

I have been lied to so many times by the employees of the vendor and I'm just fed up... I was going to rent my Tuxes from here as well (they're associated with Jim's formal wear) but after the way my groom and groomsmen were treated here I'm done!!! They don't even know how to measure somebody for a tux!! Go anywhere but here, too many red flags!!!

When my dress finally comes in, IF it comes in.... I'm picking up my dress and that's the last I will have to do with this place.

I will not be purchasing a veil here, I will not be purchasing a belt here, I will not be purchasing shoes here, I will not be purchasing bridesmaid dresses here, I will not be renting tuxes from here, .... And I definitely will not be getting my alterations done here because I do not want to deal with people that work at this store anymore

This 'high-end' bridal boutique is a JOKE

• Wedding: 10/19/2014
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

My dream dress came true at Victorian Rose Bridal -- I was able to design the gown, order the lace and have it constructed just as I had dreamed. The sales staff is incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable, and the storefront itself is beautiful. While Christina, the newest lead of alterations, is beyond talented, the managerial staff led to a less than desirable experience.

In short, I was lied to, my dress was damaged without explanation, there was a high turn-over rate of staff, and my dress was three weeks late.

While I did walk down the aisle in the perfect, undamaged dress, it wasn't without tremendous hassle. As kind as the sales staff is, and as talented as Christina is, I cannot in good faith positively review this vendor.

2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Victorian Rose is where I purchased my bridal gown. I live in Washington, DC but wanted to buy a dress from home, Raleigh. I drove to NC and spent the day shopping. Victorian Rose was wonderful on the first day - the service was remarkable. We choose to purchase my gown from Victorian Rose with the plan to carefully schedule fittings due to the need to travel. Victorian Rose called to confirm that my dress arrived and we scheduled my first fitting. I made plans to travel to Raleigh and during my drive home, Victorian Rose called to say they had an appt scheduled but my dress had not been delivered. Feeling frantic and frustrated I asked that they attempt to use a tracking number to find the location of my dress. 30 mins later they called back to confirm that they did in fact have the dress in the store. I gave the boutique the benefit of the doubt and went to my fitting for the next day. Changes were made with no problem and I later would return for my second fitting. Victorian Rose told us they would house the dress until July of us - very kind. Two weeks from the wedding my mom called to confirm pick up. It was a week worth of calls where Victorian Rose stated 'we do not have a dress for this client', 'the alterations have not been completed', 'this dress was already picked up' and lastly 'we will have to do alterations now and hope that it fits'. As you can imagine, for my mom this was very stressful. Thankfully, my dress needed minimal alterations but my mom brought up a sewing kit should the dress need any changes.

I loved my dress by Allure Bridal but I have learned that this brand can be purchased at many boutiques. If someone falls in love with a dress they carry - check out the tag and see if it can be purchased elsewhere. If not, then plan on calling monthly to check in on the status of your dress. It is an additional headache and unfortunate since their dress selection is so great.

• Wedding: 07/11/2014
1.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

I had read terrible reviews before buying my wedding dress from this store. However, I figured only the people with really bad experiences write review so it couldn't be that bad. Well, I will never make that mistake again. I love my dress and I got it for a good deal, however the customer service in the store is horrific. During my first fitting I was told that my dress wasn't in yet, when I had already been in once to see it and show it to my mom. It turns out they had stored it under the wrong person's name. The second fitting the seamstress was so far behind and over worked that they asked me to "go kill an hour and a half" and then come back. That happened again at the third fitting. My dress wasn't actually done until 4 days before the wedding. The seamstress, Maria, is a miracle worker. She is so sweet, and I honestly believe based on my limited interactions with the shop manager that the employees are treated so badly and overworked that they are under staffed. I would buy my dress from there again, and I would have the same seamstress alter it, but out of her home rather than going through the store.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I shopped for my dress here when they were having a sample bridal sale. Although the girls working we're not obligated to help me in any way (it was a free for all of sorts), they were so sweet and helped me find what I was looking for and when I had trouble deciding between two dresses, they helped me see the dresses in every possible way. I found the one!

3.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I ordered my dress 15 months prior to my wedding. After 6months had passed a scandal surrounding the dress shop was released on the news and I became very concerned. Google the shop and you will see. Anyways, they assured me that my dress was in production and indeed it was, and I received it on the date they promised. The staff is sometimes totally disconnected with tracking packages and they always rely on the owner to call you back. I spoke with Kathy frequently and she was very pleasant. My dress was gorgeous, and they did deliver on time, but honestly the stress of what everyone else said they were doing hampered the experience. i was lucky to get my dress, apparently other's were not.

• Flexibility: 0.0

Very disappointed in service. Associate Erica wanted only to get us in and out. Might as well have been shopping for a sack of potatoes instead of a wedding gown for my daughter's special day.

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my daughter's wedding dress at Victorian Rose earlier this year. The dress arrived rather late, but that was due to the dressmaker in Spain---not Victorian Rose. The dress arrived two weeks before the wedding and had to be taken in. The alterations department had absolutely no problem scheduling several dress fittings with their alternations department...and at one point, the person altering the dress had a major alternation finished in 2 hours. The dress fit like a glove when completed and my daughter was ecstatic. We would recommend Victorian Rose to anyone looking for a wedding dress.

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
0.5/5.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

The absolute biggest hassle of my wedding. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use this bridal shop. I paid in full in February and told them my wedding was in October and didn't receive my dress until mid September. The owner lied to me every time she spoke to me,IF she would ever call me back. Save yourself the head ache and look somewhere else! I am shocked this place is still open after being in the news 2 times for horrible service.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Worst experience of my life. My dress was beautiful, but the entire YEAR leading up to getting it was riddled with frustration and shady business practices.

• Flexibility: 0.0

I did not research Victorian Rose Bridal before I looked for the first time at dresses for my wedding. Unfortunately, I found my dress that first day and was tied into working with the shop before I was able to read the horrible reviews and news story that covered the poor service and lack of professionalism that I came to know. I loved my dress, but was told to expect it in early August. My dress came in mid-september and after rescheduling numerous times, waiting for it to come in, I had a first fitting. I had met with one of the women who heads up alterations and was told my veil would be ready when I came to try my dress on for the first time. She wrote it in her notes during the meeting, but when I came to try on my dress, she looked me in the eyes and told me that no one would have promised me that.
Two fittings later no alterations had been done, nor was my veil made. My dress had strings hanging off of it and was unaltered, with no veil, and it was the week of my wedding! They promised to have it ready three days before the wedding and thankfully they did, but the only instances when the service was anything but gruff, were the first time I came in to try on dresses and the day I came to pick up my dress. That day, all of the saleswomen came in to rave about how much they loved it and it felt forced to say the least. I have made a point to tell all women who ask to be wary and to let other brides know, so that they do not have to deal with the stress, worry, and unkindness that I experienced at Victorian Rose Bridal.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
0.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I had a horrible experience using Victorian Rose Bridal. I ordered my dress in Decemeber and was told it would come in, in 4-6 months. After months of phone calls and no answers, I was finally told my dress would be in on July 10th. My dress FINALLY came in on August 20th. My wedding was in September. I was never treated with respect from the owner and was continually brushed off when I called with concerns by her. The others working at the salon were very nice but I rarely spoke to the same person twice and would never be put through with the owner. Purchasing my dress from here was hands down the most stressful part of my wedding. Stay far away!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Overall I really enjoyed Victorian Rose Bridal from the very beginning when I picked my Lazaro gown until the day I picked up my dress. Kathy, Karen, and JoAnn were stellar and I loved when I got to see them for fitting and such. It was a little stressful at times trying to figure out where my dress was in the process (it took 8 months to hand-make in NYC) but in the end it was worth it all. If you get your dress altered there (you should! the price is remarkable for the value and craftsmanship) JoAnn is an incredible seamstress and she took the absolute best care of me and my gown- I have since dubbed her my fairy Godmother, because she made my dress perfect and I felt just like Cinderella. The store itself is lovely and the dresses are all gorgeous, plus I thought it was special and important to use a local vendor. I definitely would recommend this vendor.

0.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

I had a stress free planning experience. Until it came down to the dress.
It's amazing how in today's world you can own an expensive store front, sell wedding dresses at an inflated profit that are poorly made to begin with, with a 6 month lead time, only to be torn apart for a high cost overworked and flawed alterations department, and still give brides the "I don't know why you're so upset the dress is technically ready before the wedding" look. Yes, picking up your dress 24 hours before you leave for your destination wedding and still not knowing if it is going to look right because they ordered the size to begin with, is a pleasant experience. Especially, when you not only work 40 hours a week but have a young child at home, and live 35 minutes away from the store.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
919-833-1898
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.1