Sound Control DJ's

Sound Control DJ's

Castleton, NY
518.479.7257
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago
4.7

Todd did an awesome job at our wedding. He was professional, timely, and not too cheesy (we hate that)! Also, he's just a super nice guy to work with. He kept our dance party moving without us having to do a ton of pre-planning. We gave him a few song choices so he could "get the idea," and then he used his professional judgement to throw us a great party. Only complaint: there was a glitch with his email and a few of our emails went unreturned. Nonetheless, he contacted us a few weeks before the wedding and we got it all squared away. I'd absolutely recommend him.

1.1

Not sure what happened. I have an event every year and I have used various DJ's from this company in the past 7 years. They were always engaging with the crowd and everyone had a great time. I could have used my ipod on a play list for the quality I recieved. DJ Todd Farley spent 15 min. on the phone outside, while putting up a standard play list. This event was for Girls ranging 5 - 16 . The musiic was not approriate, to the point adults were worred about what vesion of the song, was going to be played. The DJ wasn't even dressed up, he came and stayed in jeans. - i would not hire him for my wedding, I would be very afraid to what you may get, For you money you can get better, i don't believe alittle all the DJ's in this group are bad, but the DJ Todd Farley is not the one for you. - At the end of the evening he dind't he care about our feed back, he didn't aksed just booked for the door.

Services Used: DJ

Patrick was great to work with throughout the entire process. He takes DJing an event very seriously, which was great because we took our NYE wedding very seriously. He was also well prepared for all of our meetings and responded quickly. If you need further proof of his professionalism, he did at least 4 events in the month of December... and fit his wife having a child! Even with the birth and the holidays he was still able to help with last minute changes the week after Christmas.
During the event Patrick was spot on with names, timing and event schedule. Also he was very professional about letting guests know he wouldn't be taking requests. Several guests commented to me on this and weren't offended in the least.
The other great thing about using Sound Control, besides Patrick, is their online event planning. This allowed us to enter in names, schedules, favorite songs, special dance songs and "do not play" songs. This feature also has recommendations for all the traditional dances, including most requested. GREAT feature.
Finally, Patrick's lights are off the charts. Not annoying or cheesy, just real classy and add to the fun of the wedding. Best part is they come with guy and as part of the price.

Services Used: DJ

I was just married last weekend and the comment I keep hearing from people is the DJ was SO GREAT! He made the party! I could not agree more! Patrick was wonderful from beginning to end! He played every song we wanted to hear and did not play anything I did not want to hear. He did such a wonderful job announcing everyone and really got the party started! I really can not stress enough how much I enjoyed working with Patrick. He eased my nerves more then a few times leading up to the big day which was so invauluable during such a high stress time! I would am so happy we decided to work with Patrick and I would recommend him to any couple looking to have a crazy fun time at their wedding!

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I hired Patrick for our wedding and he was more than we can ever ask from a DJ! He was very helpful with creating the most personal and fun night of our lives which we'll never forget! He had everyone at the reception participating and everyone had a great time! He even managed to learn some pronunciation of the odd names we had (my side of the family is 100% Polish!) and we had a great feedback from our guests! He was polite, helpful, had great attitude throughout the whole reception! He was so much fun that we lost track of time and almost forgot to cut our cake!!!

Services Used: DJ

We had Scott Hemming as the DJ for our wedding and he was PHENOMENAL. He picked great music for our reception and made sure to keep our party going with lots of fun ideas -- for the entire reception, at least half our guests were on the dance floor because they liked the music/activity that was happening. We had several guests ask us to pass on compliments as they were leaving that they truly enjoyed our DJ.

He was a top-notch professional and a delight to work with. He emailed us several times before the wedding to keep on top of all the details, even reviewing little things on our wedding day to make sure he had everything correct. He went above and beyond, in my opinion, on our wedding day to keep things going smoothly and coordinated with our caterer and other vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. We would certainly hire him again!

Scott and Sound Control, thank you so much for a wonderful wedding reception!!

Services Used: DJ

My name is Chris. My wife and I used Sound Control DJ Services for our wedding. We were given several choices and decided to go with Patrick Bergeron. We couldn't have been happier with the service he and Sound Control provided us on our special day! The equipment was top notch, Patrick was professional and fun. He did everything we asked and exceeded our expectations. The whole experience was AWESOME! Thank you!

Services Used: DJ

We had Scott Hemming for our DJ and he was FANTASTIC! He was so professional and listened to our ideas. We had a couple of meetings with him regarding the music we wanted played at our cocktail reception, wedding reception and the music for all of the formalities. The dance floor wasn't empty for a second! Everyone was up dancing and having an incredible time. The pictures of our reception show our guests smiling, laughing, dancing, clapping - just having the time of their lives! My husband and I couldn't have imagined a more fun reception! He also timed our entrance into the reception with the chorus of Carrie Underwood's "Ever After" perfectly! Scott also brought in and set up pink up-lighting for the reception and it was GORGEOUS! It transformed our venue into an absolute fairytale. I highly reccommend Scott Hemming and Sound Control DJ's!

Services Used: DJ

We had the best experience working with Patrick. He was very excited to listen to our vision of how we wanted our day, and he was eager to make it the most perfect experience. He happily dealt with our unending revisions with our playlist, and incessant questioning. He knew just what to play to keep our dance floor packed, from oldies to the new dance hits! As the Bride I did not have leave the dance floor to see people, since most people were already there! The music was the most important thing to us, as we knew that we wanted our wedding to be rocking and entertaining! Patrick did exactly that, and we are still hearing great feedback and stories from guest about how they haven't danced that much in a long time. I can keep going on and on about how amazing working with this company was, but I will let you see for yourself! Big thumbs up! A+++!!!!

Services Used: DJ

We had DJ Patrick Bergeron at our wedding and he was so fantastic. He had a great personality and knows how to keep a party going. He had no problem traveling to our venue and he was great to work with. So many of our guests have told us "What a great DJ he played all the best dance songs!" Thank you Patrick for making our wedding such a blast.

Kristen and Ben

Services Used: DJ

We were searching for a DJ and came across Sound Control online. I called and had a great conversation with Melinda. She asked some general questions and suggested Patrick for our wedding.

We had some ideas that he was eager to help us achieve and added some really great suggestions. The one thing we did not want was a DJ that spent too much time talking on the microphone. We've been to other weddings where the DJ talks and talks. He was great. On the day, there were a couple of changes. He was super efficient and rolled easily through. I really appreciate the care he took in making sure he had everybody's name correct!

We had a great time with his song choices and his light set up looked awesome bouncing off the ceiling of the tent!

If you are planning a wedding, take a serious look at this company and hope that Patrick is available! He really is amazing!

Services Used: DJ

First let me just say thank you to Sound Control and Patrick for making our wedding a truly memorable experience.

We were married in Wilmington, VT on 8/27/2011. When we booked our venue in January there was only one DJ that was recommended by the wedding coordinator (let me just add that after our wedding she raved about or DJ and immediately asked for his contact information). The DJ out of Vermont was arrogant and WAY over priced. I live in NYC and would not have paid their quoted amount here.

I did some research since for DJ's in the Albany area since its only about an hour away from where we got married and found Sound Control. Right away they let me know about their flexible options and wanted to know what we were looking for to help us determine the package that was right for us. We were put in touch with Patrick and immediately felt comfortable with him. He walked us through his process for preparing for an event and how to map out a timeline so we would all be set for the event. The online planner sound control offers is a great and easy way to lay out every aspect of your event way in advance. Patrick is extremely knowledgeable and brought up details we never would have thought of on our own.

Before we met Patrick we were sent a video of him at an event. His set up is sleek and top of the line. His style was exactly what we were looking for. When we met him in person we knew we were making the right choice. His attention to detail is exactly what you need for an event like a wedding. He was asking for everyone's names day one to get the orders or entrance and pronunciation correct.

As far as music selection went Patrick said to us "give me a idea of the songs and types of music you are into. It's my job to build off that" and that's exactly what he did. After all the entrances, formal dances, and dinner were over we went into the "Party" music and I don't think there was a spot open on the dance floor until Patrick shut it down. He was able to change things on the fly and was always around to accommodate anything we asked of him. One thing we said to Patrick was that any music requests or people who asked to have the mic had to be approved by us. He was true to his word to the point I had people saying they needed me to give my permission so they could speak! Ha. And thats exactly the way we wanted it.

So in closing we could not have been happier with Patrick. I would recommend him to anyone for any type of function. His flexibility and professionalism put him over and above anyone else we spoke with. Feel free to ask Patrick for my information if you would like a reference.

Services Used: DJ

Ernie is the best DJ ever! He was able to get everyone out on the dance floor! Any song I wanted he had it. Guest still talk about him and how much fun Ernie was!

Services Used: DJ

I just got married a few days ago, and I was SO HAPPY with Patrick Bergeron and the whole Sound Control DJ Staff that I am feeling the need to type this review before I even leave for my honeymoon! Everything was PERFECT. I could not be a happier bride!

I got married in the Hudson Valley, but I live in Brooklyn, which was really tough when it came to communicating with vendors. He worked with me via phone and email to get every little detail just right, and then we met up a few days before the wedding for coffee to finalize everything. He was SO professional- both in the way he looked the day of the wedding and in the way he conducted his business. I really felt like I was being taken care of and that I was a priority.

I have to say for you music geeks out there that his whole setup was awesome- he had this sleek unobtrusive bose sound system that impressed all of my musician friends! It sounded and looked great!

We had a live guitarist at one point in the ceremony, and a friend who did a guest dj spot. He worked with both of them to make sure that the sound was great and let them use his equipment.

He was there early to set up, worked great with the venue staff, played every song I asked him to, handled every curve ball that came his way like a pro, and most importantly... there was not ONE SECOND OF THE WHOLE NIGHT that the dance floor was not packed! I cannot believe how smoothly everything went, and it was his first time to this venue!

I seriously have nothing but LOVE for this DJ! HIRE HIM!

Services Used: DJ

Patrick was an awesome DJ. So flexible with the time changes and my guests loved him! He really helped make our day extra special.

Services Used: DJ

Patrick from Sound Control was AMAZING, from the very first meeting through the last song of our wedding reception. He is a true professional, and you can feel confident that he has everything under control... he even takes the time to line the wedding party up before introductions and touch base with those making toasts. We didn't have to worry about a thing! It was such a relief to get to our reception and know we could relax and have a good time. We received compliment after compliment about Patrick that evening, and we couldn't agree more! The night was absolutely perfect... we can't thank him enough!