Palermo Photo

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Maria did both the engagement photos and wedding photos for my recent wedding. My husband and I were very impressed with her creativity. Our pictures were outstanding. Maria was very easy to work with, made us feel comfortable and helped us to have fun during both photo sessions. We would definitely recommend her to other couples looking for a wedding photographer.

Services Used: Photography

Maria was the perfect wedding photographer! She provided us with the service she promised. We met with her twice before the big day to go over all the details, and she made sure to make all of our requests happen. At the wedding reception, she even set up her iPad with the pictures she had taken to show all of our guests, which was a huge hit. After the wedding she was very quick in sending us our proofs. All of our pictures turned out awesome! We are so happy with how the pictures turned out and can't wait to show them to all of our friends and family. We are so grateful Maria captured all of our special moments and that we will be able to forever remember our day. We highly recommend using Maria for your wedding!

Services Used: Photography

We spent so much time searching for the perfect photographer for our wedding that would help capture our day in a beautiful and unique way. Maria was fantastic to work with. She is super friendly and helped us relax for the photos. Our pictures turned out so well and we get exactly what we were hoping for. We would recommend Maria to anyone looking for a photographer that has an eye for great shots but will also make sure you get all the photos that you want as well. She was amazing! And, also importantly, kept everyone on time and able to enjoy the wedding.

Services Used: Photography

There are no words for me to recommend Maria and Palermo Photo highly enough! From start to finish she was absolutely amazing to work with. Wedding photos were really important to us—we wanted some posed photos, of course, but we really wanted photos that felt like they captured everything in the moment, fly-on-the-wall sort of shots that we could look back on and feel like we were right back at our wedding day. I found Maria through her incredible online reviews, and from the moment I met her I knew she was the right photographer for us. She "got" exactly what we wanted. My husband and I live in New York City and I was somewhat worried about planning things from afar, but Maria made everything incredibly easy and straight-forward. She was always happy to answer questions—she helped me do everything from finding someone to do my make up for the wedding to helping me develop a wedding day timeline. She made sure she knew exactly what we wanted in advance—right down to the small, sentimental items we wanted photos of (which are now among my favorites). And in return she made sure I knew exactly what to expect and what to plan for. On the day of, she was so sweet, unobtrusive, professional, and SO easy going, even when I changed things up at the last minute ("actually, do you think you could take pics of the groomsmen getting ready after all?!"). She knew we wanted to be there to enjoy most of the festivities, so she kept all the posed photos on-schedule, quick but not rushed. She even had an iPad up at the reception with some of the photos from earlier in the day, which was the biggest hit of the night! We absolutely love the photos—we're having trouble choosing which ones to print!—and I can't even count the number of people who have said they're among the best wedding photos they've ever seen. In summary, YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER! Maria is the best there is.

Recently Married

Maria made us feel so comfortable and it showed in all of the pictures. She is very creative and took control of the photo sessions so we didn't have to. Lots of fun during the whole process!

Services Used: Photography

Maria Palermo is an absolutely amazing photographer. She has an eye to capture candid moments, romantic moments and more. She is a perfect choice for a wedding photographer. Not only is she really good at taking photos, she is also professional and fun at the same time. She can help coordinate your wedding party, the driver of your shuttle, the location of your photos -- and more! She is the perfect choice, and I couldn't give her a higher recommendation. Her photos are stunning.

Services Used: Photography

I wanted to find a wedding photographer that my husband and I would both be comfortable with, since he's not really into posing for photographs. His parents also generously offered to pay for photography, so I wanted to be mindful of their money. We researched and talked to a lot of photographers, and found that Palermo offered a great value - a full day with two shooters and full rights to our photos, for the price that lots of photo studios were charging for 6 hours with one shooter.

So, we already felt pretty good about Palermo, and when we talked to Lauren on the phone, that sealed the deal. She was friendly, listened carefully to our vision for our wedding photos, and it didn't hurt that she, like us, was a Penn State grad! During the course of our wedding planning, I had the opportunity to meet with Lauren twice in person and we filled out an extensive online questionnaire that helped Lauren establish a detailed schedule and shot list for the big day. A couple of weeks before the wedding, Lauren even visited our venue in the South Side to scout out good settings for outdoor portraits.

On our wedding day, Lauren and her second shooter, Jessica, were at the venue and ready to work even before we arrived. They were both so kind and unobtrusive - they were really fun to work with the entire day and evening. It really helped that Lauren expertly manages unique venues and the craziness of family portraits.

10 days after the wedding, I received a link to our proofing gallery. Looking through them with my husband was so much fun. I don't know how they did it, but Lauren and Jessica were everywhere - they captured every moment of the ceremony from every angle and got great candids of us and many of our guests.Their photojournalistic style was exactly what we were looking for.

In short, Palermo Photo has friendly, responsive photographers that work with you to understand your vision and take beautiful photos - for a reasonable price. Thank you, Palermo!

Recently Married

There are many photographers in the city of Pittsburgh, but none have the passion for capturing the beauty of a wedding like Maria. She is a bride's dream photographer. From the initial meeting to the big day, Maria was there for insight, advice, and support. She doubled as a wedding planner, helping us map out the exact timeline for our day. It was so calming knowing that I could relax and let Maria guide us through every detail of our day. Not to mention the absolutely beautiful pictures! We were thrilled with the photos from our engagement shoot and wedding day and we received so many complements on both. Working with Maria felt like we were spending time with a friend, and you can't underestimate that comfort on a usually hectic day. I would highly recommend Maria to any bride, just make sure you have plenty of yummy wedding cookies for her!

Recently Married

Palermo Photo is the best! If your looking for a photographer look no further. Maria is a very talented photographer who make you feel comfortable behind the camera. She is attentive to every detail and it really shows in the pictures.

1+ year ago

Choosing Palermo Photo was THE BEST decision we made regarding our wedding!! Not only is she so talented and creative, she is sweet and has a great sense of humour that put everyone at ease!! She was always readily available to answer any questions or give advice- which I was always asking or seeking!! From the initial consultation we knew right off the bat that we clicked and were choosing the best!! On the day of the wedding she made sure to get every shot while keeping myself and the bridal party calm. We got married at St. Paul Cathedral where they have strict time constraints and are allowed only 15 minutes for pictures at the altar and wow did she pull through and take charge by wrangling everyone together to get the most effective shots in such a short time! She was so helpful to me throughout the day by offering water and reminding me ( the anxious bride) to eat! I wholeheartedly recommend using Maria for your wedding day, I cannot say enough great things about her!! She is the best!!

1+ year ago

We absolutely loved working with Maria for both our engagement pictures and on our wedding day. Not only are her pictures absolutely stunning, but she made everyone comfortable and relaxed! By the end of our reception she felt more like a friend than our photographer!

Services Used: Photography

Maria was wonderful. Her website is very easy to use and asks questions ensuring that I thought about all the details that hadn't even occurred to me. She was very flexible and provided insight into the entire wedding day. The most reassuring moment for me, when I knew Maria was the right person to photograph our wedding, was when she compared herself to a wedding coordinator and said it would be her job to help me throughout the day in whatever way was needed. She even gave me her coat when I was cold! I could not recommend her enough, especially as we were very nervous and are not usually a fan of being photographed! She made the entire experience pleasant and easy going. It was everything we could have hoped for and more.

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

Maria Palermo of Palermo Photo is truly fantastic. She was so professional from the very beginning. Some wedding vendors can be difficult to get in touch with; that was never the case with Maria. She was always quick to get back to me, offer ideas, and calm my nerves. We did an engagement session with Maria, and I loved all of the pictures. It was hard to select just a few to put on display at the wedding. As for the wedding day, Maria was prompt and reliable. She took great photos that will never go out of style. Her pictures are classy and classic. The best part of having Maria as our photographer was that she gave us a few pictures to take home the night of the wedding. Our parents each received two pictures to show off to friends, and we got a photo album with about 20 pictures to show everyone at the after party! Not to mention the fact that she displayed an iPad with pictures from the day at the reception. My other friends have been waiting over three months for pictures, and we had some the night of our wedding and the rest just over a month later. Needless to say, Maria is professional, classic, and awesome to work with!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

There is no other phrase to describe Maria's work than absolutely phenomenal. My wife and I were very fortunate to have Maria available for our recent wedding. She captured every moment with a fantastic eye while remaining patient and flexible. The shots she captured were mind-blowingly perfect. Check her web site or blog out for examples. We cannot recommend her highly enough. You will be pleased with every aspect of working with her.

4.7

Maria was amazing. I loved that she was young and had fresh ideas. I didn't want the traditional posed wedding photos and she definitely brought something different to the table. She was flexible in meeting with us and was easy to get ahold of. The photos turned out amazing! I'd definitely use her again and recommend her to friends.

Services Used: Photography

After searching countless hours for a photographer, my husband and I decided on Palermo Photography and I am so glad we did! Maria did a wonderful job on our engagement photos and wedding day photos. Word can't describe how happy I am that we found Palermo Photo. If you are looking for a photographer that will listen to you want, do what you want and get all of the awesome shots from your wedding, look no further...BOOK HER NOW!