Old Mill Toronto

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.3

Booked my ceremony and reception at the Old Mill. Friendly staff took the time to answer all my questions and they are very willing to work with wedding planners which is a huge plus. Some venues I had visited had the opinion that wedding planners aren't very useful, which they don't realize is actually terrible customer service. Not the case with the Old Mill!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at the Old Mill (ceremony & reception). Our ceremony took place in the beautiful chapel, and we had dinner and dancing with 70 guests in the Westminster Room. At first, we loved the idea of having everything in one place: your guests have only one place to go and can stay overnight; you get a lovely chapel decor but can still opt for a civil ceremony (no dreaded city hall); and there are so many beautiful spots for perfect wedding pictures. Plus, it was affordable, and had multiple pricing options for drinks, food and what not.

We never regretted our choice. While it may bother some that the Old Mill hosts many weddings on the same day, the truth is, it's their business, and they know how to do it right. They told us the prices up front, which made planning much easier. They met with us to finalize all of the details, even those that we had never thought of. They assign you a captain - Alex was ours, and he was great. He kept telling me all night, "don't worry about a thing", and he never let me down. The food was simply delicious. Our guests were very impressed with both service and quality of food. We received so many good comments from everybody. In the end, there was no surprise in the final costs. Everything was simply perfect. We would recommend the Old Mill to anyone!

P.S. I would suggest to the bride & groom to stay overnight the night before. The Old Mill has some beautiful suites and this will give you a lot of space to get ready. The change rooms are very small and not meant for that.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the old mill. The entire experience was phenomenal.

We had a small wedding (50 guests) on a Sunday afternoon with a lunch reception as we were on a budget of $10k for our entire wedding. The Old Mill was able to accommodate us and our wedding was beautiful. Our friends and family were shocked that we spent so little for the amount of food we had (buffet style) and the beautiful decor.

We booked the garden room, which is one of the smaller function rooms, but it came with its own private patio where we were able to have our ceremony (instead of in the chapel or main wedding garden). Having the private patio and the adjoining cottage room (for our bar and buffet) definitely made our wedding more private and extra special.

Of all the venues we looked at, the Old Mill provided great value for money and lots of convenience. We wanted our ceremony and reception all in one place and to be accessible by public transit for our guests. The Old Mill fit the bill and was so convenient for everyone. We also liked that we didn't have to rent any extras like linens and chair covers as they are all provided. We also used one of their officiants as we did not have our own. All of these services the venue provides made everything so easy for us. We decided to use the on site flower shop as well, which was super convenient as everything was set up for us the morning of the wedding and there was no extra delivery charges or hassles.

Since they have a large catering office with lots of staff, I felt like everything was taken care of for us along the way and I had very little stress leading up to the big day.

I have absolutely zero complaints and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our day. As a bonus, the suite we were provided at the hotel was beautiful and really topped off the whole experience!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding in the chapel and our reception dinner in the Garden room, everything was great and so beautiful!! Thank you

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Recently Married

We had a great wedding at the Old Mill. The Catering Executive Rita was very helpful with planning the reception, the Chapel and Victoria rooms were very nice, food was good, the catering team provided excellent service and Reverendt Charles and the organist Paolo did a great job during the ceremony.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Officiant

Everything was beyond our dreams! From the beautiful ceremony at the chapel to the reception at Brule B. The room decoration is amazing!!
The whole planing process since our 1st meeting at the catering office was so easy and well organized that planing a wedding was easy.

Christopher
07/04/2014

The Old Mill provided exemplary food service and fulfilled all of our needs leading up to and on our wedding day. The food was spectacular, the service was incredible and the attentiveness of the staff, in particular our room captain, was unsurpassed. The floors of the Guild Hall were freshly refinished the week before our event and you could see your reflection in them! It made for amazing pictures. I would highly recommend The Old Mill to anyone looking to book a wedding venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
1 Review
1+ year ago

We had our wedding ceremony in a local church, and the reception at the Old Mill, in mid-December 2013. We had a fabulous time at the Old Mill on the day, and received heaps of compliments from our guests about the food and the venue. We also loved our stay at the hotel and so did the others whom we booked in there. The cost is pricey but fair - and importantly for us, it was all upfront with no surprises or extras, making it easy to plan. (With others we sought quotes from, we found the base cost was basically only food, & only about half what it would cost in reality due to all of the add-ins.) But the most important thing that we appreciated so much about the Old Mill was that our contact people were so low-stress and easy to deal with. They were attentive to details (nothing was forgotten); patient in walking us through them and reminding us; and yet they were also super warm and enthusiastic about our special day, so that it was like we were dealing with friends. I recommend them whole-heartedly.

2 people found this review helpful

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Old Mill. When we first were engaged, we went to a number of venues in the GTA and Old Mill was the best value, by far.

I found that having the ceremony and reception in one place made it easier for myself, the wedding party, our families, and guests. There was no travelling around or long waits between the ceremony/reception. Our guests could have a good time while we were getting pictures taken.

The staff at Old Mill are amazing. I had our flowers down at the Old Mill Flower Shop and they were absolutely beautiful. The flowers were delivered on time to our change room, along with the flowers for our families.

The staff in the catering office were a pleasure to work with. They responded quickly to my emails and questions, and also assisted my mother in planning a brunch the next day in the restaurant.

Our Captain, Eugene, was also awesome! He helped make our evening go as smoothly as possible. He even assisted my grandmother with her wheelchair, to ensure that she could get to her room at the hotel without having to go outside. My grandma really appreciated that. Thanks Eugene for all your help.

Rev. Sathmary eased our nerves and lightened the mood during the rehearsal, which was great for me because I was really nervous about standing in front of everyone at the ceremony. The organist, Paolo, made the musical touches that we picked come to life, and everyone who attended the ceremony though it was beautiful.

I had such a great time. For the value of the venue, plus the assistance you receive, I would recommend Old Mill to anyone who is looking to get married in Toronto. The food was incredible (everyone was raving about the beef/chicken and the dessert!). The servers were timely, which is also something our guests noticed, too.

Thanks Old Mill, for making our wedding all that we hoped for!!

1 Review
1+ year ago

We worked with Rita to make my daughters wedding a wonderful occasion. The flowers from the florist we're super and the food and service provided from the kitchen was highly recommended and certainly lived up to its reputation. Both our captain and night manager stayed with us until the end to make sure there we're no problems.
Thank you so much Old Mill for making her wedding something to remember

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Initially we chose the Flower Shop at the Old Mill because of the convenience of having our flowers done on the same site as our ceremony and reception but once I met the staff, especially Karen, I knew we had come to the right place. The professional and friendly atmosphere made us feel very comfortable and we felt like we were very well taken care of from our first meeting to discuss what we wanted right up until the day of the wedding; Karen took care of all our needs. Her calm and pleasant manner put us at ease on what can often be a very hectic and anxious day. The flowers were exquisite. Everything was exactly as we expected; we could not have asked for a better florist. I highly recommend the the Old Mill Flower Shop.

Services Used: Flowers
Karen
04/09/2011

I can not say enough about having my wedding at The Old Mill. It was a perfect experience from our first meeting with an even coordinator to the very end of our wedding night. There are few other venues that I know of in Toronto that do as many weddings as The Old Mill and still manage to pull each one off as though it is the only event happening that day.

Our coordinator (Rita) was very professional, answered our numerous questions and was quick with her responses as well. There was never a time when I felt my requests were being ignored and I literally never had to do follow up calls. She was always on the ball.

There isn't one thing I can say against this venue, the food, the bar, the chapel or the florist shop. I highly recommend this as your wedding venue and suggest that you consider having your event during their "off season" window. You will save a lot of money and your event will be just as memorable. I also recommend getting married in their chapel ( I am jewish and my husband isn't and it was a very secular ceremony) and using the on-site florist. You will receive a discount on flowers if you are actually getting married there AND there is no delivery charge or chance of your flowers being ruined in transit.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The reason I went with Old Mill is because weddings are what they do best. There were no hiccups, no mistakes...it's unbelievable, but everything went without a hitch - and that is truly rare. They were able to answer all of my questions before I even asked them. I felt very well taken care of...and all of my guests had a fabulous time. It truly was a perfect day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The overall wedding ceremony and reception was amazing. The only issue was a little attitude from one of the servers during the dining reception. Otherwise we would recommend The Old Mill to anyone planning to get married. We especially must thank Kim Ivy for her responsiveness and amazing attitude!!

1+ year ago

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Old Mill Toronto .... Wow what a beautiful day, everything went smoothly THANKS to the Old Mill and there staff ... we had so many positive comments from our guests about the food, the place and the staff.

All I can say is THANK YOU so much for this wonderful day for us to remember.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I booked the Old Mill, Humber Room for my wedding reception. I fell in love with the casual elegance of the whole venue and they have so many rooms to suit any size of party from small and intimate, to the most grandiose. The Humber Room is so charming, we don't need to spend any extra money on decorating or making the space feel party-ready. The options for food can accommodate anyone and are reasonably priced and flexible. The only thing is you are not allowed to hire an outside caterer. The room booking is reasonably priced as well. The Old Mill as a whole is so beautiful inside and out I know we will be able to get great photos and have a wonderful event rain or shine!