Old Mill Toronto

Value
Flexibility
4.2
Recently Married

We had a great wedding at the Old Mill. The Catering Executive Rita was very helpful with planning the reception, the Chapel and Victoria rooms were very nice, food was good, the catering team provided excellent service and Reverendt Charles and the organist Paolo did a great job during the ceremony.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Officiant

Everything was beyond our dreams! From the beautiful ceremony at the chapel to the reception at Brule B. The room decoration is amazing!!
The whole planing process since our 1st meeting at the catering office was so easy and well organized that planing a wedding was easy.

Christopher
07/04/2014

The Old Mill provided exemplary food service and fulfilled all of our needs leading up to and on our wedding day. The food was spectacular, the service was incredible and the attentiveness of the staff, in particular our room captain, was unsurpassed. The floors of the Guild Hall were freshly refinished the week before our event and you could see your reflection in them! It made for amazing pictures. I would highly recommend The Old Mill to anyone looking to book a wedding venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
1 Review
1+ year ago

We had our wedding ceremony in a local church, and the reception at the Old Mill, in mid-December 2013. We had a fabulous time at the Old Mill on the day, and received heaps of compliments from our guests about the food and the venue. We also loved our stay at the hotel and so did the others whom we booked in there. The cost is pricey but fair - and importantly for us, it was all upfront with no surprises or extras, making it easy to plan. (With others we sought quotes from, we found the base cost was basically only food, & only about half what it would cost in reality due to all of the add-ins.) But the most important thing that we appreciated so much about the Old Mill was that our contact people were so low-stress and easy to deal with. They were attentive to details (nothing was forgotten); patient in walking us through them and reminding us; and yet they were also super warm and enthusiastic about our special day, so that it was like we were dealing with friends. I recommend them whole-heartedly.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Old Mill. When we first were engaged, we went to a number of venues in the GTA and Old Mill was the best value, by far.

I found that having the ceremony and reception in one place made it easier for myself, the wedding party, our families, and guests. There was no travelling around or long waits between the ceremony/reception. Our guests could have a good time while we were getting pictures taken.

The staff at Old Mill are amazing. I had our flowers down at the Old Mill Flower Shop and they were absolutely beautiful. The flowers were delivered on time to our change room, along with the flowers for our families.

The staff in the catering office were a pleasure to work with. They responded quickly to my emails and questions, and also assisted my mother in planning a brunch the next day in the restaurant.

Our Captain, Eugene, was also awesome! He helped make our evening go as smoothly as possible. He even assisted my grandmother with her wheelchair, to ensure that she could get to her room at the hotel without having to go outside. My grandma really appreciated that. Thanks Eugene for all your help.

Rev. Sathmary eased our nerves and lightened the mood during the rehearsal, which was great for me because I was really nervous about standing in front of everyone at the ceremony. The organist, Paolo, made the musical touches that we picked come to life, and everyone who attended the ceremony though it was beautiful.

I had such a great time. For the value of the venue, plus the assistance you receive, I would recommend Old Mill to anyone who is looking to get married in Toronto. The food was incredible (everyone was raving about the beef/chicken and the dessert!). The servers were timely, which is also something our guests noticed, too.

Thanks Old Mill, for making our wedding all that we hoped for!!

Karen
04/09/2011

I can not say enough about having my wedding at The Old Mill. It was a perfect experience from our first meeting with an even coordinator to the very end of our wedding night. There are few other venues that I know of in Toronto that do as many weddings as The Old Mill and still manage to pull each one off as though it is the only event happening that day.

Our coordinator (Rita) was very professional, answered our numerous questions and was quick with her responses as well. There was never a time when I felt my requests were being ignored and I literally never had to do follow up calls. She was always on the ball.

There isn't one thing I can say against this venue, the food, the bar, the chapel or the florist shop. I highly recommend this as your wedding venue and suggest that you consider having your event during their "off season" window. You will save a lot of money and your event will be just as memorable. I also recommend getting married in their chapel ( I am jewish and my husband isn't and it was a very secular ceremony) and using the on-site florist. You will receive a discount on flowers if you are actually getting married there AND there is no delivery charge or chance of your flowers being ruined in transit.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The reason I went with Old Mill is because weddings are what they do best. There were no hiccups, no mistakes...it's unbelievable, but everything went without a hitch - and that is truly rare. They were able to answer all of my questions before I even asked them. I felt very well taken care of...and all of my guests had a fabulous time. It truly was a perfect day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The overall wedding ceremony and reception was amazing. The only issue was a little attitude from one of the servers during the dining reception. Otherwise we would recommend The Old Mill to anyone planning to get married. We especially must thank Kim Ivy for her responsiveness and amazing attitude!!

Recently Married

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Old Mill Toronto .... Wow what a beautiful day, everything went smoothly THANKS to the Old Mill and there staff ... we had so many positive comments from our guests about the food, the place and the staff.

All I can say is THANK YOU so much for this wonderful day for us to remember.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff were very professional and friendly. Even though there were several other weddings going on at the same time they made us feel like we were the only ones!

Recently Married

My husband and I recently got married in old mill chapel followed with reception at guild hall. Both of us were very impressed with old mill service. Throughout the process, Rita from old mill guided us through the wedding planning process. She is very responsive and helpful with our questions. Minister (Charles Sathmary) from the Chapel is very helpful and experienced with the wedding process logistics as well.

On the day of the wedding, we and our guests had a fantastic time there. The buffet was very good and the staff were very organized. I totally recommend OLD Mill. It is a beautiful and stress-free place to get married.

1+ year ago

Great venue , professional staff, amazing food, sometime challenging to accommodate if we wanted to do something special or different. The day of the wedding the captain was amazing and all staff were very accommodating.

1 Review
4.7

We had a wedding ceremony and reception at OLD MILL. We had a great time and received so many compliments from our guests. Everybody was saying that it was the best wedding they ever participated. Total guest # were 76 people so it was very cozy, interactive and beautiful gathering.

Food, Drink, Flowers, Venue - everything was perfect. Thank you OLD MILL and staff for great job!

Happy Bride.

4.7

We loved our wedding at the Old Mill! We choose the Guildhall room, which was perfect for us because along with a spacious room it also has a fabulous private patio space. Lucky the weather worked out so our guests were able to mingle outside during cocktails and throughout the night.
When it comes to planning a wedding the Old Mill has it down to a science. There was no stress for me as the Bride because they answered all of our questions even before I thought to ask them! They provide a captain on the day of who knows your event schedule goes above and beyond to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Since the wedding all of my guests have raved about what a great time they had and what a beautiful venue the Old Mill was.
I highly recommend the Old Mill, especially the Guildhall room!

4.7

We were very happy with everything at The Old Mill. We were a little concerned about there being two other weddings the same day and was worried I might have that embarassing moment when I would "meet up" with another bride in the hallway or ladies room, but that never happened. We actually weren't even aware of any other weddings at all, so the staff is pretty good at keeping things private.

My only beef was that we had such a short window of time for use of the chapel for our ceremony which kind of dictated what time we had to start the reception following. There was another wedding in the chapel right before and another right after so we felt a little rushed but it all turned out ok. I would have liked a bit more flexibility in that.

The service was great and the room manager was very attentive. He also worked really closely with our band (who were amazing) so we could have some dancing through the dinner.

The food was exactly as expected and served quickly and on time and the servers were all friendly and efficient. All our guests enjoyed the quaint feel of the room, and we really appreciated having our own secured bridal suite to store everything.

All in all we thought we got great value and would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a reasonable price and "all in one" place wedding. We had a room at the Inn for our wedding night so it made everything really easy - no limo service required.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married at the Old Mill in Toronto and it was a perfect fairy tale wedding. We had so many compliments from our guests about our reception hall, chapel and the hotel rooms. Even our vendors kept praising the Old Mill for how organized they are! The reverend Charles Sathmary was amazing and had the perfect touch of light humour. The whole ceremony was well organized, the rehearsal made sure everyone knew where they needed to be and the whole thing went off without a hitch. The grounds have these beautiful gardens to take pictures in and the food was delicious. Overall my wedding there was beyond my expectations!
However, here are a few things to note:
1) The tasting of our menu was not included with the price, neither was a room for our wedding night. For the guests the discount was only 20$ off than what is offered on expedia. I would recommend looking on Groupon for further discounts
2) There were many, many weddings there that day, which is fine because they are so organized but it does mean that you need to share the space and that the chapel time is rather short
3) the dressing rooms for the brides were .tiny. it's really only useful to wait in before the ceremony. I would definitely recommend getting a room at the hotel the night before that you can get ready in
4) We had to set up our own decor for the room and the chapel, which was a bit stressful given that we only had an hour to do so

But overall I would still definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to have that romantic fairy tale charm. They are well organized, quick to respond, delicious food, gorgeous rooms and a wonderful chaplain.