Macy's Wedding Registry

0.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I have never experienced such bad customer service as with Macy's.I tried to write about our experience though not enough space..Macy's don't know where our gifts are and say they can't take any responsibility!! My husband has now flown to the US to find out where our wedding gifts are as Macy's don't care. DO NOT REGISTER with Macy's they are the most uncaring business I have ever come across and have horrendous customer service!!
Linda Martin Speirs, UK&US
Wedding: 10/12/2013
1.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Macys made nearly everything difficult. Three items on our registry arrived dented and had to be replaced, two items arrived completely shattered, and the embossing on many of our china items was rubbed off a little and also had to be exchanged. Each time we went in to exchange something, I swear the person had never taken an exchange before. The average time to exchange the item was probably 20 minutes (fastest was 10, sometimes we just left and did other shopping since it took them so long). After the wedding, we tried to use gift cards to complete our registry. The gift cards could not be spent through their online system so I would have to call to place orders. No biggie except for long wait times and then representatives telling me the system did not recognize our completion discount (the system online did). So that left me either unable to use my preferred payment method or unable to use my discount. On another call, the system could not distinguish between items in my basket that were registry completion and other items, so I either could not get a discount on my household items or I had to separate the items into two orders and pay shipping twice. Overall our experience with Macy's was very frustrating!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
Services Used: Favors & Gifts
0.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I've been shopping at Macy's since I was a little girl, so I didn't think twice about using Macy's for my wedding registry. My advice, don't make the same mistake I did. I have never experience a website of any kind that has so many issues. Adding items, updating items, even trying to go back and buy items after the wedding ---- HUGE headache requiring an hour or more on the phone with Macy's each time. I can't imagine I am the only registry user out there who has experienced these problem. Every single time I went to the site there was something wrong. There are plenty of other places to register. Save your self the time and trouble and go with anyone but Macy's.
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
PLEASE look elsewhere for a registry. HUGE issue with mailed items arriving broken! When we had to exchange/return items, the person who purchased received email notifications about it!!! (for instance, candle votives that arrived broken and the store near us did not have...we returned for store receipt). After this happened the first time, when I had to exchange another item, I specifically spoke with the saleslady about the issue and was promised it wouldn't happen again. It did. So embarressing that people received emails. Website is horrifically slow and the app on my iphone was even slower.
Wedding: 07/20/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
This was a terrible experience.

I registered for their bridal rewards program (5% credit on items purchased by guests).

I gave them my Macy's account number, which they linked to the program.

Then they turn around and tell me that I don't have an account (I have a card for this account) and that I'm not eligible for rewards because I don't have one.

I was bounced around from the credit department, to bridal, back to credit, back to bridal, all to try to fix this issue. At the end of the day, they said "maybe they would consider it."

I will never shop here again.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
My wife and I registered at Macy's because of the breadth of merchandise they had in their stores. We could get kitchen appliances, china, bedding, bathroom amenities, the works. We got a lot of nice stuff from Macy's, and my complaint is not about the quality of the products. It's about the quality of service.

Macy's wedding registry had two big features that attracted us to it. One was a 10% registry completion program. For 90 days after our wedding, we could purchase any items left on our registry for 10% off. The other was a program wherein 5% of the purchase price of registry gifts from our guests would go toward a gift card that we would receive after the wedding (and 10% of whatever we put on our own Macy's cards before the wedding, on the registry or not). Unfortunately, Macy's customer service has bungled things to the point where we're flatly unable to participate in the one program, and we've been continually frustrated in our attempts to participate in the other.

The gift card was supposed to go out shortly after the wedding. We gave them plenty of time to send it, and when it hadn't come after a month and a half, we called them and they ordered a new one and told us it would take 3 weeks to come.

Then THAT card didn't come.

We called again and explained the situation to a very unhelpful customer service representative, who seemed completely uninterested in listening to what I was saying. He ordered us a new gift card and told us it would take 3 weeks to come.

Then THAT card didn't come.

We've been assured that the card is in the mail, but it hasn't yet arrived, and the last time I talked to Macy's customer service was over a week ago. I'm very, very frustrated about this.

To add insult to injury, their delays with the gift card have pushed us past the window for participating in the registry completion program (which we were going to use when we went in to use our gift card).

I understand that Macy's is a huge store, and for some it's going to be the most convenient place to register. But please beware and understand that you might not get everything they promise you.
Wedding: 11/12/2011
2.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  2.5
I thought Macy's had the largest selection of the highest-quality prices at the best prices, which is why I registered with them and probably would again if I had it to do over. But overall, my experience with them was pretty frustrating, as a lot of our items wound up being back-ordered for many moths after our wedding date. When items are back-ordered, Macy's sends an email notifying the purchaser, who then has to call the store to accept the new date. If they forget to do so, the item is cancelled. We had a number of guests forget to do that, and Macy's was unable/unwilling to help when I called to explain the problem, and wound up losing out on a few gifts that our guests had intended to purchase for us. Very frustrating and an annoying customer service policy!
Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Would highly recommend anyone considering a wedding registry at Macy's look elsewhere. That is unless you'd like to spend the days leading up to your wedding and your newlywed months dealing with worried relatives and with missing, broken and completely wrong items (eg random comforter instead of kitchenaid mixer. how does that even happen?).
Wedding: 06/26/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We registered with Macy's during one of their "Sip and Scan" registry events, which was a lot of fun - free appetizers and "mocktails," DJ, florist, etc. There were also a handful of other freebies and giveaways. Our registry was easy to adjust online, and when I called asking for help in determining who had sent a specific gift, they were friendly and were able to direct me to where I could find the information on the website. The only reason I am not rating them a 5 is because I received about three or four of my registry items from multiple people. I am not sure if the purchases were recorded improperly, or if my guests forgot to mention they were buying the items as part of my registry, but given that this happened multiple times, I would encourage Macy's to take steps to prevent this in the future (e.g. perhaps train their sales people to ask customers if they are purchasing gifts from a registry at checkout, if feasible).
Wedding: 06/04/2011
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Unique Services (Other)
0.5/5.0

Private User 1 Reviews
Just terrible. 2 years and a baby later, I am STILL WAITING for some gifts purchased by my friends and family from my Bridal Registry. Macy's have REFUSED to account for everything that was purchased, but have acknowledged that they still have AT LEAST 4 of my gifts that they have not sent to me all this time, but with no proposal to get these long overdue gifts to me. Their web site said some of my gifts were sent to "Libertyville, IL" (where is that?), instead of NJ, then returned to Macys undelivered - shouldn't that have been their first clue to reach out to me and apologize, re-deliver, etc?

I am so DISGUSTED with them. They are selling the same gifts over and over again to people without ever delivering them - that is fraud and deceptive practices!

I have sent in numerous written complaints, but they are extremely RIGID AND UNCARING. ZERO professionalism. Their corporate executive office said my disappointment was my own "perception" an that THEY were being "gracious" enough to listen and try and "help" me. Well!

I am still waiting for my gifts, compensation and an apology, so am I supposed to be grateful and award them points for delivering some of my other gifts properly paid for by my F&F? NO.

They ignored the BBB's resolution attempts; now my next stop is Consumer Affairs and FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. Avoid their Registries at all costs; I don't know about their other services.
Services Used: Favors & Gifts
  • Flexibility:  5.0
It takes a long time to set up a registry. That being said, Macy's registry is very easy to use. It also has a very helpful feature that helps you track gifts and who sent what. This is invaluable for writing thank you cards! The selection of items that Macy's has pick from is very good. There is something for every budget, which is really important!
Wedding: 08/08/2009

Private User 5 Reviews
Took a little longer than I hoped to set up our wedding registry.After they got all our information we did enjoy going through their merchandise.We'd definitely set everything up online next time.

Private User 5 Reviews
Macy's staff was very friendly and helpful with our registry and all the other questions we had.Our registry had everything we wanted and they provided a lucrative discount.It was a great experience for me.
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 5 Reviews
Macy's has the best return policy.This and their low prices is why we started a registry with them.We didn't have any problems with receiving the gifts and like always Macy's did an excellent job wrapping everything.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
You can get everything at Macy's!! The staff is great and it's so easy to register.
Wedding: 06/16/2007
  • Flexibility:  5.0
You must register here. You get 10% of your registry in the form of a gift card.
Wedding: 06/17/2006