161 Elliott Street, Danvers, MA 01923 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 27
  • Pricing

About Danversport Weddings

Danversport Weddings is an elegant waterfront wedding venue located along the Port River in Boston, Massachusetts. They offer couples amazing views, immaculate manicured grounds and an intimate maritime atmosphere. The attentive event coordinators are some of the best around and will make planning your day a breeze. Danversport Weddings will deliver a momentous and memorable event for you and your guests.

Facilities and Capacity
Danversport Weddings sits on 19 acres of beautiful land with a waterfront backdrop. They offer three beautifully decorated spaces for up to 650 guests that boasts gorgeous chandeliers and elegant architecture. The Harborview Ballroom offers a private deck looking out to the water with the availability of a gazebo and a garden. The Terrace Ballroom offers a huge dance floor with a pergola and waterside patio. Lighthouse Point offers exceptional waterfront views and a waterfall.

Service Offered
Danversport Weddings offers premier services and options for their guests. The all-inclusive services include bridal suite, cake, cleanup and event planning. They also offer:

• In-house bar
  • In-house catering
  • Liability insurance
  • Setup
  • Wireless internet

Other Services
Along with the already great services, Danversport Weddings offers exceptional catering. They offer a variety of serving styles to fit your style and catering needs. Their bar services include:

• Bartender(s)

Danversport Weddings 6
Danversport Weddings 7

Lindsey Roseman · Married on 08/09/2019

Stress-free Wedding Magic!

There are one million great things I can say about working with the team at Danversport - and I mean the ENTIRE team, from coordinators to bartenders to servers, etc. Every single person was responsive, accommodating, helpful, and so positive throughout every interaction. We had a very specific goal for our wedding: throw an awesome party, make it accommodating for our guests, give them a great experience, and enjoy ourselves, too!

To start, this was a very short engagement - barely 6 months from announcement to wedding day. I knew going into Danversport that I was going to love the look fo the venue, but I didn't know if we could afford it. I was so wrong - when you factor in the taxes, fees, gratuities, etc. at so many other venues, it is a no-brainer. Plus, it decreases how often I have to do math, and that is always a bonus for me! We had a guest list of over 250, so we were limited on venue choices, and I'm glad we didn't waste time looking at too many because Danversport was absolutely the perfect place - the Harborview ballroom + the Sundeck are amazing!

Setting up the very first meeting was easy, Lauren was awesome, and within a few days we were working on the contract. The team was so great about a couple of additions we wanted, and they made the process smooth and stress-free. The food tasting setup was great - I loved getting to try everything in a group setting where we could really see how the food tastes when catering for a large group of people (if you're only tasting food cooked for 4-6 people, it's not usually the same as tasting food cooked for 200+ people).

From there, we introduced our wedding planner/event stylist to the Danversport team, and my planner (who is based out of South Florida and is also a close friend) has been singing the team's praises from the beginning. She has literally raved about how accommodating they are, how helpful they were to her, how flexible they were, etc. This made me SO happy that the venue wasn't adding unnecessary headaches (I have heard the horror stories from other places).

We did the deluxe open bar, and they had no issues bringing in some specific drinks we wanted! And yes, if you're basic like me, you'll be thrilled to know that they can in fact get White Claws in - you're welcome!

Ron was great at our rehearsal and the day of. From the moment we got to the venue, everyone was amazing! The bridal suite service was incredible, we even had staff following us with ice water pitchers and cups while taking our pre-ceremony pictures, one of the women (I'm sadly blanking on her name) even carried my train for me at one point. SO many of our guests made a point to tell us just how incredible the staff was - it is not often that people go out of their way to make that compliment at a wedding, in my experience, and it made me so happy to know our guests were loving the team as much as we were.

Once the ceremony was over and some additional pictures were being taken, apps and drinks were immediately served to us under the tent, absolutely no time was wasted! In fact, the apps and freshly poured champagne were there by the time we finished walking back up the aisle! They were even taking our drink orders and pouring us very generous glasses of champagne so we wouldn't need refills while taking photos. Anything we needed, they were there. The rest of the night also went amazingly, and Ron made sure to find us when it was 15 minutes to last call so we could let our guests know. This was really appreciated because I had no concept of time. When people say that your wedding reception flies by, they are not exaggerating!

Just about every single thing went perfectly! It's a wedding, something is sure to go wrong, but what matters is whether it can be handled and easily resolved. The only issue we had (which I didn't find out until after the fact) is that the special dietary meals were at first forgotten (i.e. I was never served gluten free pasta, a celiac-friendly meal for one of our guests was not initially brought out, and my bridesmaid's vegan meal wasn't served). The celiac-friendly meal was handled upon reminder from my MIL (I had no idea it was happening), but I didn't get to resolve the vegan meal since I didn't know it was missing until the next day. Had my bridesmaid said something, I have every confidence that they would have had it ready to go. As someone with dietary issues, I wouldn't let this hiccup stop me from working with Danversport, I would just be more vigilant the next time, especially since they had the meals available. Something just got lost in execution, but everyone was still safely fed and in a timely manner (i.e. no one was just sitting there waiting for food to be served long after everyone else was done eating).

It didn't even stop there. We hosted a brunch the next day as well, and the team let us keep some of our centerpieces on site and then THEY moved them downstairs to the brunch space to decorate the room for us! This floored me and was such an incredible and thoughtful touch. I even saw Lauren that morning at brunch, and per the usual, she was all smiles and congratulating us.

Truly, every single person we encountered at all levels was awesome. It was kind of unreal, especially because I've heard of so many nightmare issues for so many brides, even at venues that are supposed to be great. I will sing the praises of the team at Danversport to anyone who will listen because the experience was tremendous. There is already so much to stress about when planning a wedding, nothing beats getting to work with a team that is this efficient, talented, and friendly to work with. There is zero question that I will book future events there.

Oh, and maybe one of the best parts? Paying for exactly what you were told you would pay for. No surprise fees. No surprise add-ons. There was zero added stress dealing with the invoice. When comparing venue costs, be SURE to take into consideration the fact that Danversport provides the linens, napkins, chiavari chairs, etc. all as part of the inclusive pricing. This is important because I've seen venues charge per chair, per napkin, etc! Make sure you're comparing apples to apples because for the size of our party and the number of things we added on (deluxe open bar, classic hors devours, buffet with prime rib added, viennese dessert table, cappuccino and espresso), we actually paid less than we had anticipated (we skipped the wedding cake just because neither of us cared about cake and loved the dessert table - which so many guests also raved about, btw).

Bottom line: I couldn't have dreamed up a better venue. It was stunningly beautiful, every member of the team is a dream to work with, everything ran smoothly, and it was quite literally the best day we ever had. I have SO MUCH gratitude for the Danversport team and cannot recommend them enough. If you are on the fence, work with them. You will not regret it.

Sent on 08/22/2019
    Danversport Weddings 10
    Danversport Weddings 11
    Danversport Weddings 12
    Danversport Weddings 13

Rebecca · Married on 07/26/2019

Blown away by this venue!

Our experience with Danversport went above and beyond our expectations. This venue will forever hold a very special place in my heart. We fell in love with this venue instantly after only looking at one other venue first. I remember driving onto the property in snowy December and falling in love with it, without even seeing how gorgeous it really is in the summer! In the months leading up to our wedding, every question or concern we had, our coordinator Michael responded to right away. This honestly helped make the wedding planning process a very low stress experience for us. In the days right before the wedding, I was able to drop off the many crafts and centerpieces I had made and shared my vision for our wedding with Michael. He set everything up exactly how I had envisioned it so when we arrived for our rehearsal dinner we were able to peek into the Garden View Terrace room to see everything coming to life. Our rehearsal dinner was under the tent at Danversport as well, with a beautiful view of the water beside us. We played yard games and beach volleyball and took pictures with the gorgeous views. Our wedding day could not have gone any more perfectly thanks to Michael and Lisa who kept us calm while running the show seamlessly. Not to mention making sure we had a cocktail from our mason jar station in our hands about a minute after the ceremony ended, and a tray of hors d’oeuvres in front of us immediately after that. They made sure everything was perfect for us the entire night. Not only was our experience wonderful, but our guests all raved about the venue as well! We can not recommend Danversport more!

Sent on 08/22/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Danversport Weddings Pricing

Danversport Weddings Price Rates

Danversport Weddings FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Marina, Waterfront
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• DJ Photo Booths
    DJ Photo Booths Photo Booths

The staff are very professional. The venue is beautiful. They will make sure you have the best day of your life. DJ Photo Booths highly recommends Danversport Weddings. www.facebook.com/djphotobooths

• CoolCityEntertainment DJ & Uplighting Service
    CoolCityEntertainment DJ & Uplighting Service Wedding DJs

I have been very fortunate to have been the featured DJ for an event in each of the accommodating event spaces Danversport has to offer. This venue truly offers a setting for any style and personality. The staff there, Ron and Nancy for example, are extremely accommodating, organized, and operate smoothly. Your event whether it is for 20 or 200 people will get the attention it deserves. Recent renovations have only helped modernize this popular venue even more. If you are considering a venue to host your event, do not hesitate to visit the Danversport. Take a trip on a nice summer or fall day and walk around the grounds, enjoy the view. Danversport is one of the finest venues north of Boston!

• Alla Breve Flute & Guitar Duo
    Alla Breve Flute & Guitar Duo Wedding Musicians

This location has a beautiful waterfront settings featuring a pergola and also a gazebo. We have provided ceremony music in both locations and it is always charming. The staff is helpful and friendly. We enthusiastically recommend this venue!

• 161 Elliott Street Danvers, 01923 See on map