Danversport Weddings Reviews

118 Reviews for Danversport Weddings

• Teresa

Teresa Mirra · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Amazing!!!

I meet with Michael at Danversport and when we arrived her was already outside of the venue with all information in hand awaiting our arrival. He was so warm and welcoming and took all the time to answer our questions. We then called back a few hours after the tour to ask more questions about the venue and got a call back the same day!! They have been so helpful and we feel truly cared for.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Alena Ghastin · Married on 10/13/2019

Everything we dreamed of...

From the beginning to the end, this was the most perfect experience. Thank you to Nancy (our planner) and Derek (our event captain) for your exceptional service and incredible attitudes. This venue is a hidden gem in terms of setting and location and the staff is even better than the truly incredible views! We couldn’t be happier or more thankful for the entire experience. We highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone... as a bride who is NOT very smooth with details, these guys made me look like I had sorted through any and all details... and really, it was all them. We love you danversport! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Laura · Married on 10/12/2019

Incredible from start to finish!

Very transparent about price from start to finish! Heather and Tanya were INCREDIBLE to work with. Answered emails as soon as possible, never kept you hanging! Paid attention to important personal touches!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Emily

Emily Marden · Married on 10/06/2019

Perfect wedding night

They were all very kind, profesional, and made it seem like we were the only wedding that they had, even though we had a small wedding. They able to quickly answer any questions we had before the wedding and set up all of the decorations exactly as we wanted, and the night of the wedding they were consistently around and able to help us with anything that went wrong or any last second requests we had.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Lori Denault · Married on 09/15/2019

Amazing time had by everyone!

Our wedding was September 15, 2019. The venue was absolutely beautiful, the gardens are well-kept, the canal is clean, the gazebo where we exchanged our vows is beautiful, the patio for our cocktail hour and hors d’oeuvres for our guest was beautiful next to the waterfall, our Lighthouse room was spectacular .
    The staff that took care of me and my groom and all of my guests were top notch! They helped me with every moment during our special day. They made sure that we always had something to drink, that we ate our meals, that our area was always clear so we would not stumble or spill anything. Our family and friends were so pleased with the staff. The entire staff was kind, professional and invisible yet available at every moment.
    Danvers port actually recommended our photographer Barbara Lynch and then Barbara recommended DJ Tommy. Everyone worked so well with each other, everything felt flawless.
    All of our guests are still calling us to tell us what an amazing wedding and how the staff was so accommodating, professional and Friendly.
    We absolutely will return to this venue for any other type of function in our future. We will recommend this venue to anyone we cross paths with for any type of function.
    Thank you to the staff for all that you did for us it does not go unrecognized !!!!!
    Mr. & Mrs. Jameson Pinion

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Jilliann

Jilliann · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing! 5 stars!

Everything from the ballroom decor, staff, food and execution of the actual day was perfect! They were great at communication and putting my crazy bride brain at ease!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Justine

Justine Goulart · Married on 08/24/2019

Most Amazing Perfect Venue!

Our wedding at Danversport was perfect. And while everyone may say that I honestly truly feel our wedding day was perfect and I owe it to Danversport. They were the most amazing venue to work with. We chose the venue not only for its beautiful location, space, decoration and ease of location but the biggest deciding factor was the staff and service at Danversport. They took care of everything up until the wedding day. Any time I sent an email with a question they no lie would respond within the hour! I always felt comfortable reaching out or asking for their advice on anything. If you are thinking you want this or that at your wedding or may want to try something different just ask and they will assist and help. They let it truly be your day. Not to mention the amazing affordability of this place!! On the actual wedding day the waterfront ceremony, the cocktail hour on the deck and the gorgeous ballroom was everything I dreamed of and more for our wedding day. Ron, Derrick and team kept everything moving and I knew we didn't need to worry about a thing. As other reviews will tell you its weeks later and people are still raving to us about the venue and the food. Do not look anywhere else, book this venue you will not regret it and your wedding will be everything you dreamed of. I want to give Danversport a million stars just so people recognize how amazing they are. Thank you for making our wedding the greatest day. We wish we could do it all again!!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Jacob Donnelly · Married on 08/17/2019

Spectacular!

Amazing, easy and beautiful place for a wedding or any event.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Lindsey Roseman · Married on 08/09/2019

Stress-free Wedding Magic!

There are one million great things I can say about working with the team at Danversport - and I mean the ENTIRE team, from coordinators to bartenders to servers, etc. Every single person was responsive, accommodating, helpful, and so positive throughout every interaction. We had a very specific goal for our wedding: throw an awesome party, make it accommodating for our guests, give them a great experience, and enjoy ourselves, too!

To start, this was a very short engagement - barely 6 months from announcement to wedding day. I knew going into Danversport that I was going to love the look fo the venue, but I didn't know if we could afford it. I was so wrong - when you factor in the taxes, fees, gratuities, etc. at so many other venues, it is a no-brainer. Plus, it decreases how often I have to do math, and that is always a bonus for me! We had a guest list of over 250, so we were limited on venue choices, and I'm glad we didn't waste time looking at too many because Danversport was absolutely the perfect place - the Harborview ballroom + the Sundeck are amazing!

Setting up the very first meeting was easy, Lauren was awesome, and within a few days we were working on the contract. The team was so great about a couple of additions we wanted, and they made the process smooth and stress-free. The food tasting setup was great - I loved getting to try everything in a group setting where we could really see how the food tastes when catering for a large group of people (if you're only tasting food cooked for 4-6 people, it's not usually the same as tasting food cooked for 200+ people).

From there, we introduced our wedding planner/event stylist to the Danversport team, and my planner (who is based out of South Florida and is also a close friend) has been singing the team's praises from the beginning. She has literally raved about how accommodating they are, how helpful they were to her, how flexible they were, etc. This made me SO happy that the venue wasn't adding unnecessary headaches (I have heard the horror stories from other places).

We did the deluxe open bar, and they had no issues bringing in some specific drinks we wanted! And yes, if you're basic like me, you'll be thrilled to know that they can in fact get White Claws in - you're welcome!

Ron was great at our rehearsal and the day of. From the moment we got to the venue, everyone was amazing! The bridal suite service was incredible, we even had staff following us with ice water pitchers and cups while taking our pre-ceremony pictures, one of the women (I'm sadly blanking on her name) even carried my train for me at one point. SO many of our guests made a point to tell us just how incredible the staff was - it is not often that people go out of their way to make that compliment at a wedding, in my experience, and it made me so happy to know our guests were loving the team as much as we were.

Once the ceremony was over and some additional pictures were being taken, apps and drinks were immediately served to us under the tent, absolutely no time was wasted! In fact, the apps and freshly poured champagne were there by the time we finished walking back up the aisle! They were even taking our drink orders and pouring us very generous glasses of champagne so we wouldn't need refills while taking photos. Anything we needed, they were there. The rest of the night also went amazingly, and Ron made sure to find us when it was 15 minutes to last call so we could let our guests know. This was really appreciated because I had no concept of time. When people say that your wedding reception flies by, they are not exaggerating!

Just about every single thing went perfectly! It's a wedding, something is sure to go wrong, but what matters is whether it can be handled and easily resolved. The only issue we had (which I didn't find out until after the fact) is that the special dietary meals were at first forgotten (i.e. I was never served gluten free pasta, a celiac-friendly meal for one of our guests was not initially brought out, and my bridesmaid's vegan meal wasn't served). The celiac-friendly meal was handled upon reminder from my MIL (I had no idea it was happening), but I didn't get to resolve the vegan meal since I didn't know it was missing until the next day. Had my bridesmaid said something, I have every confidence that they would have had it ready to go. As someone with dietary issues, I wouldn't let this hiccup stop me from working with Danversport, I would just be more vigilant the next time, especially since they had the meals available. Something just got lost in execution, but everyone was still safely fed and in a timely manner (i.e. no one was just sitting there waiting for food to be served long after everyone else was done eating).

It didn't even stop there. We hosted a brunch the next day as well, and the team let us keep some of our centerpieces on site and then THEY moved them downstairs to the brunch space to decorate the room for us! This floored me and was such an incredible and thoughtful touch. I even saw Lauren that morning at brunch, and per the usual, she was all smiles and congratulating us.

Truly, every single person we encountered at all levels was awesome. It was kind of unreal, especially because I've heard of so many nightmare issues for so many brides, even at venues that are supposed to be great. I will sing the praises of the team at Danversport to anyone who will listen because the experience was tremendous. There is already so much to stress about when planning a wedding, nothing beats getting to work with a team that is this efficient, talented, and friendly to work with. There is zero question that I will book future events there.

Oh, and maybe one of the best parts? Paying for exactly what you were told you would pay for. No surprise fees. No surprise add-ons. There was zero added stress dealing with the invoice. When comparing venue costs, be SURE to take into consideration the fact that Danversport provides the linens, napkins, chiavari chairs, etc. all as part of the inclusive pricing. This is important because I've seen venues charge per chair, per napkin, etc! Make sure you're comparing apples to apples because for the size of our party and the number of things we added on (deluxe open bar, classic hors devours, buffet with prime rib added, viennese dessert table, cappuccino and espresso), we actually paid less than we had anticipated (we skipped the wedding cake just because neither of us cared about cake and loved the dessert table - which so many guests also raved about, btw).

Bottom line: I couldn't have dreamed up a better venue. It was stunningly beautiful, every member of the team is a dream to work with, everything ran smoothly, and it was quite literally the best day we ever had. I have SO MUCH gratitude for the Danversport team and cannot recommend them enough. If you are on the fence, work with them. You will not regret it.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Rebecca · Married on 07/26/2019

Blown away by this venue!

Our experience with Danversport went above and beyond our expectations. This venue will forever hold a very special place in my heart. We fell in love with this venue instantly after only looking at one other venue first. I remember driving onto the property in snowy December and falling in love with it, without even seeing how gorgeous it really is in the summer! In the months leading up to our wedding, every question or concern we had, our coordinator Michael responded to right away. This honestly helped make the wedding planning process a very low stress experience for us. In the days right before the wedding, I was able to drop off the many crafts and centerpieces I had made and shared my vision for our wedding with Michael. He set everything up exactly how I had envisioned it so when we arrived for our rehearsal dinner we were able to peek into the Garden View Terrace room to see everything coming to life. Our rehearsal dinner was under the tent at Danversport as well, with a beautiful view of the water beside us. We played yard games and beach volleyball and took pictures with the gorgeous views. Our wedding day could not have gone any more perfectly thanks to Michael and Lisa who kept us calm while running the show seamlessly. Not to mention making sure we had a cocktail from our mason jar station in our hands about a minute after the ceremony ended, and a tray of hors d’oeuvres in front of us immediately after that. They made sure everything was perfect for us the entire night. Not only was our experience wonderful, but our guests all raved about the venue as well! We can not recommend Danversport more!

Sent on 08/22/2019

kelsey Granlund · Married on 03/30/2019

My wedding

They where amazing they plan pretty much everything so you don't have to worry. Extremely professional and helped me with everything from fixing my dress to making sure everyone was having a great experience I absolutely loved them.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Lucy Dejesus · Married on 02/08/2019

July 20th 2019 wedding

When I 1st met Michael he was pleasantly warming, informative, professional and reassuring. His demeanor convinced me Danversport was my venue of choice along with the beauty of the venue itself! The food tasting was one of my favorite moments when planning! Food is important, it was delicious and my guest are still talking about it! There was only one miscommunication and it was that, another couple getting married the same day in the smaller ballroom, would be using the gazebo (we were told goes with the big ballroom we rented) an hour prior to our wedding making it inconvenient for it to get decorated early as discussed upon our initial meeting. I found out closer to the wedding that another couple would be using it, but thank goodness people I hired made it work & look the way I wanted it to. I will say during the wedding Michael and Derek both were extremely professional, attentive and on top of everything! Michael helped to make sure everything went by smoothly. My husbands pants came lose and he did not hesitate, he ran and went to get him a safety pin. Ironically soon after my 2nd dress came lose in the back and he again swiftly went and got me safety pins & stood there to help put it together! He grabbed my belongings out the limo when I was tied up with our guest so I could have things I needed in my posession! He came to make us aware his night was over towards the end of the night and made sure we didn't need anything else before he left for the night. Danversport is beautiful, clean and the food is delicious! Only suggestions I have is to offer the bride & groom if they want to take the remaining cake with them being we were busy. Also, due to weather, to be a bit more accommodating to early arriving guest, because being that it was over 100 degrees outside, thank goodness that Derek, with no hesitation was trying to be accommodating to the guest with providing a jug of water that technically needed to be paid for and offered them to go under an unused tent for shade. Not complaining I loved my wedding and the location, just sharing what i believe to be valuable information! Again, thank you Danversport your location is beautiful and hats off to the chef!!!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Tanya · Married on 10/20/2018

Better than Perfection!

More than perfect. It was absolutely everything we could have wanted and more. Everyone was organized and helpful making sure we were happy the entire night. The venue was gorgeous and food was delicious!! Late night snacks went so fast as well!! Highly recommend

Sent on 11/04/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

Choosing to get married at Danversport was the best decision we made. From the initial meetings, I was impressed with the staff and how they really give each couple a personalized experience. Their simple pricing model also makes it really easy to understand how much you'll spend and so many things are included that makes the planning so much easier. I was impressed throughout the planning process by the responsiveness, flexibility, and knowledge of all members of the staff. Every time I contacted the venue, no matter who answered, they all knew all the details of our day and could address our questions. The day of was fantastic. Our guests are still giving us compliments on how fantastic the venue was. The highlights were definitely the staff and the food. If you want a venue with a beautiful setting, great staff, and great food, go with Danversport.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Kathleen · Married on 07/26/2018

Amazing Service

We were married at Danversport in July 2019. Everything from beginning to end was seamless with the team. They answered any and every question quickly and happily accommodated any small or big requests we had. I can not recommend this team enough.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2018

Danversport made my dream wedding come true! They are all super nice! They answered my hundreds of emails and phone calls. They set up everything exactly how I pictured it! Michael was so so SO great and attentive. He made sure to check on me to see if I needed anything throughout the night. Everyone makes you feel so comfortable. The waitstaff is super nice and the food is amazing! I really can’t say enough good things about Danversport. Not to mention the view is AMAZING!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Laurie · Married on 12/15/2017

We contacted Danversport at the suggestion of some friends. We called on Monday and got married on Friday! Yes, we planned our wedding in one day! It was a small, intimate affair and the Danversport made it simple! We met with them, chose the room, the cake, the color scheme and they handled it all! They were so accommodating and our wedding was”stress free”! We had a beautiful evening and our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was, how awesome the service was, we had a magical evening! The entire staff was just incredible, so helpful and a delight to work with! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Angela · Married on 09/02/2017

We had our wedding at Danversport in early September and couldn't have been happier. We had our ceremony outside and the reception in the Garden Terrace room. The marina was the perfect backdrop for our wedding and the pergola was well groomed with fresh flowers and greenery. The staff at Danversport is the main selling point though. Everybody we worked with was incredibly friendly and more than accommodating. Nancy was the coordinator for our wedding day and she worked behind the scenes the entire time to make sure everyone was in the right places and following the program we laid out for the evening. The food was terrific and the vendors even got a full meal! Danversport helped take the surprises out of our wedding day with their pricing structure. Everything they shared with us included gratuities and taxes - they made it so easy! There's been recent renovations to the venue and they were stunning. The Garden Terrace room has a new floor and bar. It was gorgeous! We're so glad we chose Danversport Yacht Club for our wedding. Our guests and vendors had nothing but good things to say as well!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Mathew · Married on 08/05/2017

It wasn’t long after I met Elyse that I knew I would spend the rest of my life with her and when she said “Yes”, she made me the happiest man alive! Since that magical moment, my now fiancé and I have set out to plan the wedding of our dreams. From the very beginning, we knew a “cookie cutter” wedding reception was out of the question as we wanted to put our own personal touch in every little detail. After our initial search we thought we had found just that in a “do-it-yourself” wedding venue. The idea was to rent out the space and plan everything else ourselves. Sounds stress free, right?!?... Wrong! We soon found out planning an entire wedding on our own on top of our day jobs was overwhelming to say the least. With every new vendor came a new personality to work with and a new budget to manage, which brings up another interesting point; contrary to popular belief, the “do-it-yourself” option is very expensive!

The last thing my fiancé and I wanted was for this experience to be stressful. We always thought planning a wedding together would be fun. With that said, we decided to take a break and reassess. We broaden our horizons on our venue search and figured there must be something out there to better suit our needs. It wasn’t long before the Danversport Yacht Club (DYC).

Yes, the ballrooms and views at the DYC are gorgeous, which were a big selling point for us but it is the world-class staff that sets them apart. When we first arrived to view the property we were greeted by one of the DYC managers, Ron Bilodeau. Since that day, Ron has been with us every step of the way… suggesting and working with our vendors, designing our menu, and even helping us add in custom features to set our wedding apart. I would highly recommend considering this venue for you wedding.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/22/2017

We picked Danversport because we wanted our entire wedding on the water including the ceremony. Ron and all of the staff were very helpful throughout the year while planning. When it came to the big day everything was perfect from the ceremony, cocktail hour, to the reception. The set up was more than I could have ever dreamed of. The food was amazing. The sweets gala table was perfect as well. My guests keep asking me where they can get more desserts from the wedding. The staff made sure the night went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Danversport for your wedding.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Casey · Married on 06/17/2017

The team at Danversport is what sold us on choosing it as our venue for our June wedding! From the moment that they gave us a tour of the place and told us about their different options, we knew it was the perfect spot. A few top things we loved the most about the Danversport:

1. The TEAM! Ron, Mike, Nancy, Derek, Katelyn, Lauren - were all amazing with helping me plan the wedding. They were always a quick phone call or an email away and they would get back to me super quickly. And Ron and Mike were amazing on my wedding day. Honestly, the day could not have gone any smoother. I got so many comments from guests during the wedding and now weeks later, that they were so nice, accommodating, and a few people said that they just felt like the team cared so much about the event and weren't just "working another event".

2. The TEAM! Lynne was also with me on my wedding day - when we got up to the bridal suite before the ceremony, she came right up and asked what we needed or wanted. We asked if we could actually have the flower girl's kids meal before the ceremony since she was getting hungry - 5 minute later, she was back with her chicken fingers and fries. She made sure that I had everything I needed - and when my maid of honor ran into the bathroom to look for safety pins when my bustle came undone, Lynne noticed her panic and followed her in and asked what she needed and came back with safety pins for us.

We literally are over the moon happy about how amazing our wedding was at Danversport. The food was amazing, team was awesome, prices were unbeatable, location was fantastic, and we will forever and always recommend them to everyone we know! Thanks Danversport!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Alyssa · Married on 06/09/2017

They're truly wonderful. Ron is my favorite! Lynne is wonderful too! We have the most beautiful pictures since the views are stunning there! Everyone is nice and friendly. And I looked at a lot of venues but this was easily the best value. Ah!! I just loved our day and couldn't imagine it anywhere else.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2016

Looking for a venue? LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Do you want a knock your socks off wedding?! Call Ron right now at Danversport Yacht Club, Danvers, MA. 100% professional, beautiful, and elegant wedding venue. I can't even explain just how perfect our wedding was. Hands down best staff and management. GO VISIT AND BOOK NOW!!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Kayleigh · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I just got married at Danversport and LOVED it. Every person who works in their special events dept is amazing and super helpful! They really made the wedding stress free. They go over everything with you and make sure you know exactly what you're paying for. Their prices are super competitive - I didn't see another venue that even came close to Danversport.
    We even had our rehearsal dinner here and it was perfect.
    Our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful everything was and how amazing the food was. Everything from the appetizers, to the dinner, to our wedding cake was fantastic.
    We are beyond glad that we decided to have our wedding here!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Aimee · Married on 07/31/2016

Wow... just outstanding in every way. When we brought our brother in law to help us deliver reception decor the day prior to our wedding, he asked, "can these people make it any easier for you?!" And the answer is no! We had a perfect experience! Stunning venue inside and out, superb and really delicious food, complete care and attention from every staff member we worked with from day one. They treated us like we were their only bride and groom, answered every question and email promptly, and made sure we got everything we wanted. We trusted them completely with our day and they really did make every step of the planning process clear, easy, and enjoyable. The wedding packages include so much for the money and make planning so much more straightforward. They handled my food allergy perfectly which was critically important to me. Every single one of our 140 guests commented on their delicious meals and how great of an overall experience they had there. Our personal staff member for the day was Heather and she is just the best...so kind, helpful, and had everything under control. We felt catered to and so did our guests. We all had an amazing time and created beautiful memories there. Thank you so much Danversport!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Danversport Weddings's reply:

Thank you Aimee for this amazing review! It was our pleasure to make your day so special.