Kimberly S Photography

Flexibility:
 (2.6/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 5 Reviews
Kimberly Scott is the most UNPROFESSIONAL person I have ever dealt with. She was hired for her photography skills, not her LYING skills. She was hired and paid for in full as our wedding photographer. The package included engagement pictures, bridal portraits, 12hour wedding day coverage with 2 photographers, editing, and full ownership of all pictures.

Throughout my experience with her she was very hard to contact, and it was impossible to schedule anything with her. She was 2 hours late for wedding day coverage, and the second photographer left two hours early. During our reception she kept disappearing, and was beyond rude to my family. I HAVE NEVER MET A MORE DISRESPECTFUL PERSON IN MY LIFE.

She claims that she was robbed the night of our wedding. We had to call her to find this out. She had no clue what images she had of ours. Her answer for this horrible incident was to cry. She repeatedly changed her story and lied about the photos she had of ours. She has lied to my family, wedding planner, and myself.

Long story short... Our wedding was one year ago...She gave us ZERO of the work she was paid for and will not give us our money back. She will not respond to emails, or phone calls. The last email I did receive, she informed me that she moved to Seattle and is no longer a photographer.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND HER FOR ANYTHING. SHE IS A SCAM ARTIST AND CROOK. SHE HAS DONE THIS TO SEVERAL PEOPLE.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Anonymous 1 Reviews
This review is currently being verified This review is currently being verified.
0.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I bought a Groupon in 2012 for a boudoir photo session with Ms. Scott. It took several attempts and quite some time to get an appointment set up. The coupon came with a CD, however, we were so pleased with the shots that we paid her an extra amount to get a photo album as well. It has been 9 months since the photo shoot. After many excuses as to why she could not deliver what she had promised, I have not seen a single picture or a refund of the amount that I paid directly to her. Her pictures were beautiful, and I would have loved to have had them. However, I am extremely upset and frustrated and definitely feel like I have been scammed.
Wedding: 02/01/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Kimberly Scott did not do wedding photos but boudoir. I was thoroughly impressed as she showed me several pictures throughout my hour long shoot. Kimberly made me feel relaxed, comfortable and coached me as I'd never done a professional photo shoot before.

We went a little bit over in time, but that was fine as the person scheduled after me did not show, she continued and gave me an extra long session.

The waiver clients sign for the boudoir (not sure if for wedding as well) states that you will receive your proofs in 10-14 days. That is my only small complaint is the wait (which another mentioned). I understand Kimberly travels all across the US for weddings and shoots so getting backlogged is easy. Thankfully I was on no real time constraint and I got my pictures 4 weeks after the shoot.

Kim's assistant Tricia is amazing. She kept in constant touch and answered all questions.

For the boudoir shoot Kimberly Scott Creative does offer hair and makeup for $40-$50 each. You do bring your own lingere but she has various capes, robes and props.

The photos are AMAZING. When I saw my proofs my jaw dropped. I am a big girl and struggle with feeling beautiful, desireable, hell even pretty- seeing these pictures of me was a huge confidence boost and all my friends I showed them to love them. The quality of her photos is second to none.

I highly recommend her, the only thing is if you are on a time constraint I would advise setting in stone the date you must have them by in advance so there is no confusion or stress on either side.
Wedding: 01/30/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
I'm very disappointed in the way this so called photographer handled my daughter's wedding pictures. I don't even know were to start with the so called professionalism this person lacks..it's been almost a year and my daughter has nothing from this lady. She uses the excuse of someone steeling her equipment. But you would think she would try to make good faith on the money she stole( yes I'm using that term) she was paid for a service she advertise and hasn't even tried to settle the situation. She has nothing but excuses. She needs to not be in business. I see so many praises on her work and professionalism I wonder why she just disregarded my daughter's plead for something to be done. If you are reading this Kimberly Scott, I hope you realize what a pathetic person you are, and how dare you call yourself a professional photographer! Your nothing but a CROOK, and don't you dare hide behind your unfortunate circumstances that you went through... Your not the only person to have something bad happen to them. Do the right thing and make good on what you were paid for! That's all my daughter wants, Close your business until you learn how to be a proper professional!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kimberly did not do a wedding event for for me instead she did a boudior photo shoot... She was truly amazing!!! I have to say I was nervous about the shoot but she immediately made me feel comfortable and the photos were AMAZING!!!!
Wedding: 11/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Kimberly promised me a picture cd of my purchase of all pics in my book. Yes, I have it in writing bot in email format and in text message format--multiple times of promises and apologies for delays. First she put me off with excuses of her divorce and her surgeries. Then she said she was behind. Now she won't personally contact me. She is having her assistant now put me off and lie to me to... that they are working on it. After a year of begging for it, I felt the need to post this so that other brides take my experience into consideration. Very sad experience. She was so nice in person and on the phone. I was so patient with all her personal problems... she really did me wrong.
Wedding: 10/06/2012
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Kimberly and her team photographed my wedding in the Fall of 2012. She was recommended to me by my wedding coordinator and I was very excited to work with her. Unfortunately she is a disaster and the entire experience has been ridiculously stressful.
I contacted our wedding coordinator and Kimberly on 12/13/12 (roughly 8 weeks after wedding) questioning the ETA of our photographs. No response. Our coordinator took over and contacted her a handful of times before receiving the following response on 12/17/12:
"They are scheduled for mail this week! I will send the tracking info once Tricia sends it out!"
We never received pictures or tracking info. I sent her another email on 1/1/13 telling her we still had no pictures and asking for the tracking number. She said she was out of town but that her assistant had sent them out on 12/28/12 (10 days after she had claimed they went out the first time).
Basically this back and forth went on and on until we threatened legal action. She freaked out and said she was having a hard time due to personal issues. We finally received our pictures 2/21/13. The pictures are beautiful. However, we did not receive all of the pictures. She claimed she was still working on them and would send them out ASAP. It's now one year after our wedding and we still don't have them nor have we heard anything from her. She will not respond to us and we are prepping to have our lawyer write another letter.
Unfortunately my first review was taken down by Kimberly Scott as were a handful of others expressing the same concerns I had. I definitely question the validity of the 5 star reviews on here. Shame on you, Wedding Wire for taking down the original posts by frustrated former clients.
Wedding: 10/06/2012

Private User 1 Reviews
This was not for wedding photography , but a Groupon I purchased. Very difficult getting in touch with her to set up the photo shoot and she was booked so far out. She was supposed to contact me when a spot opened up. Never heard back from her. Ended up getting an email that she was moving DT divorce etc. but would be back in SA in September and would book me then. Later got another email that her camera had been stolen during a home break in. One excuse after another. Long story, but I never was able to redeem my $70 or get a refund from Groupon as the time frame was too long. She is not to be trusted. Period!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5

Jasmine 3 Reviews
FIRST of all let me start by saying despite one's distaste for the service provided by Kimberly Scott this is NOT the platform to air her personal information. I believe that information was shared in confidence with her clients. That, in my opinion, showcases a lack of character and is inappropriate.

I do not personally know Kimberly Scott but hired her for my wedding September 2nd, 2012. Prior to the wedding Kimberly was extremely professional, responsive and attentive. We scheduled time to meet with her and we reviewed everything from the expectations on the wedding day, to what might happen in the event something tragic were to occur to her. On the wedding day Kimberly and her assistant were punctual and very prepared. Our guests commented on her professionalism and thoroughness throughout the day. She has a great ability to make people feel comfortable.

Following the wedding, a series of untimely events occurred in her life which were to blame for the delay in receiving our pictures. Was it frustrating? Yes, but Kimberly was communicative and did what she could under the restraints she was under. Did it take much longer than anticipated to review our pictures? Yes, but when our pictures were received there was a personal apology written as well as additional items in an attempt to rectify the situation as well as express her apologies.

And let me tell you, the quality of her pictures were absolutely breathtaking and many people say our pictures deserve to be in magazines. Although this has been a trying time for her, I do not doubt her quality of work or respect from other photographers in the industry. I would choose her all over again if given the chance because I'm doubtful I could have received better pictures for the price I paid. Many blessings to her and the rest of her career!
Wedding: 09/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kimberly Scott is an amazing wedding photographer! She was on time, very professional, and very personable. My wife and I were at ease knowing that we had a great photographer with lots of experience. She is especially experienced in shooting outdoors w/ natural light! My wife was very comfortable with Kim and her direction. Kim and her assistant Jonathan were very friendly w/ our guests, and everyone loved them. I was very impressed with her equipment as well. Kim had the right lens for every occasion, and I understand how important that is.

I am so proud of the photos she took of us, and would highly recommend Kimberly Scott!
Wedding: 03/24/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ms. Kimberly Scott was not only amazing at capturing all of our special moments but she was very professional and friendly. I highly recommend her because she will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy and stress free on your big day!
Wedding: 03/24/2012

Casey 2 Reviews
Kimberly and Jonathan were so creative and unconventional (which is what I wanted) with their photography! They were willing to do whatever it took to get the photos that I wanted as well...which happen to include standing on the roof, in the rain haha!! They captured everything the way that I felt it! I was also impressed with how timely they had the pictures ready and how responsive Kimberly was to every email and text I sent! I will go back to them when I get pregnant and have children...no matter where I live haha!!
Wedding: 02/18/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I highly recommend Kim as a wedding photographer! She took amazing pictures of our special day and we have had so many compliments on our photos. She has a unique style that seperates her from other photographers. I always recommend her to everyone I know looking for a wedding photographer.
Wedding: 11/05/2011