Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks

• Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Im not sure what was going on with this person, we signed a contract and paid her in full and we did end up getting our cake, but she was never responsive, her ast. was rude, and they didnt listen to the details we wanted on the cake. I would not recommed her, you spend a lot of money for the best day of your life, you should not get this treatment.
Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility:  4.0
All I can say is the key lime wedding cake is amazing!
Wedding: 05/24/2014

Ike 3 Reviews
Cake was amazing!! We loved the Key Lime!
Wedding: 05/11/2014

susan 4 Reviews
These people made my wedding cake in the shape of a house!!! not only was it beautifully crafted, but it was also delicious! not too sweet, and just wonderful!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cake was so delicious!!! The presentation was beautiful and everyone loved the cake (vanilla chocolate chip with chocolate gnache and key lime bliss!).
Wedding: 09/28/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
Their Key Lime Bliss is the best cake ever!!!
Wedding: Recently Married

Jackie 5 Reviews
Our wedding cake from Great Cakes was quite possibly the most delicious cake I have ever had. Marsha helped to arrange the right size, theme, and personal touches to match our beachy theme and our taste buds. The cake was complete with little white chocolate seashells and color coordinated Adirondack chairs! She was a pleasure to work with. I can't wait for our one year anniversary to eat the rest of that cake!
Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great Cakes made our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious!! All the guest were amazed at how good it was and how beautifully it was decorated!!
Wedding: 07/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Marsha was very professional and the cake was excellent. We had the key lime after reading other reviews and it truly is delicious. She went above and beyond to make sure things were good. Don't hesitate on buying from great cakes, truly a great experience.
Wedding: 06/30/2013
1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Great Cakes was supposed to create our wedding cake in June. Unfortunately an error was made on their end and the incorrect cake was delivered to our wedding. I had a very specific cake I was looking for and Marsha had told my wedding coordinator she could create it. Sadly the cake that was delivered, was absolutely NOTHING like the one I had wanted and we did not use the cake at all. While I think my husband and I handled the situation well, it was an incredible disappointment. Especially since the cake was one of the biggest things we were looking forward too - it was to be an amazing bare funfetti cake (the only thing my husband had requested in the wedding planning process). Instead, we received a fondant covered small blue shell cake, which was just not our taste at all. In Marsha's defense, she said this has never happened before in her years of cake making and she did send an apology letter and a full refund. However, it took us over a month to receive the letter and money. I had to follow up several times through my wedding coordinator to finally get my money back. Marsha said she had issues with Quikbooks and her assistant which I'm sure may be true, but I think the whole situation could have been handled better and faster. Sadly, I cannot recommend Great Cakes at all.
Wedding: 06/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
These ladies were awesome and so kind!!
Our cakes were "to die for"
They actually used our cake plates that we make from our family glass factory, Mosser Glass.
It was just what I had imagined.

Thank you so much!!!
Lindsey R.
Ohio
Wedding: 06/11/2013

Morgan 2 Reviews
We chose great cakes for our wedding. The cake was simply so delicious. The design of the cake I came up with and she made it exactly the way I wanted. Highly recommended.
Wedding: 05/03/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
The entire process was fantastic and so much fun! from the tasting to the design process, it was a blast! The cake was the most delicious that I or anyone else at the wedding had ever had! Perfection!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Jessica 1 Reviews
Marsha was great to work with. Her and her team made sure that our wedding cake was ready and delivered for our Hurricane Sandy wedding - our venue made it onto the cover of the New York Times the morning after. That\\\'s vendor dedication!
Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great Cakes! made not only one cake, but THREE for my wedding on 10/6/12! I worked with Marsha to create three designs which she was able to translate from my ideas, to paper, then to the fabulous edible creations I had imagined.

Marsha was amazing to work with. Her creativity and love of her work is easy to see. I could tell that I was in good hands. Everything about each of my three cakes was perfect.

The cakes looked beautiful on the outside, but tasted even better! My husband and I ordered Key Lime Bliss (a must!), Chocolate with Chocolate ganache filling and Coconut cake. We cut the Key Lime Bliss for our "cake cutting" and I was so grateful that my husband did not smash the cake on my face because I would have hated to waste any of it! It was delicious! The best wedding cake I have ever tasted. The following day, I tried the chocolate AND the coconut and found that they were yummy as well. Our guests RAVED about the cakes. They had a fun time trying each flavor, like it was a cake bar!

If you are looking for a beautifully designed cake that tastes even better, Great Cakes! is your baker. My husband and I were very pleased with our cakes and would recommend them to anyone with a special event...or even just a craving for cake!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter's wedding cake was beautiful and so good! Marsha was a joy to work with! My daughter came to her with a rough idea of what she wanted and Marsha began drawing the cake of her dreams. She was great at understanding what my daughter wanted. I would gladly recommed Great Cakes to anyone!

Cheryl [mother of the bride]
Wedding: 09/29/2012
 252-261-3403
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire