Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks

Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks

Favorite
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

So easy to order our cake & everyone was so sweet and helpful! Our cake looked and tasted AMAZING!

3.6

We had a signature Key Lime Bliss cake for our wedding cake. It tasted good. But the icing was much sweeter than we remembered it being during our tasting. By the time I saw the cake, it was sweating and it had cracks in it. I was a little disappointed. This is partly due to July heat and humidity but it didn't look very good.

0.7

Im not sure what was going on with this person, we signed a contract and paid her in full and we did end up getting our cake, but she was never responsive, her ast. was rude, and they didnt listen to the details we wanted on the cake. I would not recommed her, you spend a lot of money for the best day of your life, you should not get this treatment.

3.0

We selected Great Cakes! as they were the only local baker to provide a cake (vs cupcakes) and had a chocolate/peanut butter combo, the favorite of the groom. Email communication with this vendor was great and the payment option online was fantastic. However we felt that for the amount of money spent, we got a too simple cake with not much flavor. We were prompted to go with a buttercream frosting for decorating purposes (vs a whipped frosting which was preferred) and when the cake arrived it was a basic flat design with a few silver balls (which do not even show up in photos). I could have made this same cake in our rental home. We were disappointed to say the least.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Marsha for our wedding cake. Our guests loved the cake and the key lime was delicious!!!

Nora
05/16/2015

The Key Lime Cake is amazing! My daughter and I don't even like key lime pie but this cake is made with fresh lime juice, when I tasted it, it just tasted like a wedding should taste!!!!

Recently Married

We went to the Outer Banks Wedding Expo to pick our cake option, and liked this company the best. Within minutes, we'd put a deposit down on a cake and knew that we were on track.

When it came to picking the type of cake we wanted, the website was incredibly helpful. We could scroll through a bunch of different designs and decoration combinations to see which ones you like the best. We ended up getting one specific design with a different kind of decoration, and Great Cakes was happy to accommodate us.

On the wedding day, the cake arrived early and looked incredible. We got a lot of compliments about both the flavor and the look of it. The key lime flavor is delicious, and everyone raved about how they kept going back for more pieces.

We highly recommend Great Cakes to anyone that is looking in the area. Great company, great service, and a great product.

Recently Married

Marsha did an excellent job with our wedding cake. The cupcakes and two top tiers were delicious! We had the almond cake with seedless raspberry filling and the French vanilla with the chocolate ganeche filling. The detail on our top two tiers was beautiful. Thanks again.

Lauren and Kevin

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Great cakes by far was the best tasting during the wedding expo. We got cupcakes and a cake topper for our wedding; key lime bliss, almond raspberry and almond coconut. Everyone at the reception went back for seconds and asked where to get the cupcakes from. They were incredibly delicious!

1 Review
0.6

We used Great Cakes for our wedding cake. What a disappointment. The cake topper was wrong (a more expensive cake topper had been purchased), the cake was not put on a cake stand (even though the cake stand had been paid for) and the white cake decorations dripped all down the blue cake. It looked absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!! The wedding reception was at a different venue than the wedding so we did not see the cake until we arrived at the reception. Had we seen it ahead of time, we would have removed the cake from public view. This wedding was not a summer wedding and the reception was inside so there is no reason for the all the icing to drip down the sides of the cake other than poor workmanship. It looked like a zebra cake. I would not recommend Great Cakes to anyone planning an event. There are plenty of quality cake makers on the Outer Banks and I wish I had chosen someone else for our wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I had cupcakes instead of a cake for our wedding. We looked at several options in the OBX area, but Great Cakes seemed to have the best value and their reviews were great. Planning a wedding from afar, it made me nervous to order cupcakes without having tasted them, but we went with Red Velvet and Key Lime Pie flavors anyway. We needn't have worried. The cupcakes were delicious and the guests absolutely raved about the Key Lime, one of their signature flavors. We were lucky enough to have leftover cupcakes and I must admit I was on a steady diet of Key Lime cupcakes for days after the wedding. I would absolutely recommend Great Cakes cupcakes to anyone!

Lyndsay
10/12/2014

YUM! Everyone loved our Key Lime Bliss cake. We loved the look and the taste!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

What an awesome cake for my daughters wedding! Everyone loved it. Such a pleasure to work with!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Great Cakes did an awesome job on my wedding cake and it tasted delicious! We chose the signature Key Lime Bliss cake - our guests are still raving about it!

Marsha was great to work with! She showed up right on time and delivered a flawless cake.

They are the best in the OBX - I will be using them again!

Recently Married

One of my favorite things about my wedding was the dessert. We got a cake and cupcakes. All tasted AMAZING!!! Marsha was also very nice and responsive.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The people at Great Cakes were very professional and helpful. My wedding was in NC and I am from Pittsburgh, so they had to help me out a little bit extra with different quotes and ideas. I didn't even make it down to taste the cake before I ordered it, but I trusted them. I'm so glad I did! My wedding was 3 weeks ago and I'm still hearing about how great it was. I didn't have to stress about it at all. It was delivered, set up and looking beautiful by the start of the reception and it was delicious.