Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks

Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks

Kill Devil Hills, NC
252.261.3403
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
0.7

Im not sure what was going on with this person, we signed a contract and paid her in full and we did end up getting our cake, but she was never responsive, her ast. was rude, and they didnt listen to the details we wanted on the cake. I would not recommed her, you spend a lot of money for the best day of your life, you should not get this treatment.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Marsha for our wedding cake. Our guests loved the cake and the key lime was delicious!!!

04/30/2015

Marsha did an excellent job with our wedding cake. The cupcakes and two top tiers were delicious! We had the almond cake with seedless raspberry filling and the French vanilla with the chocolate ganeche filling. The detail on our top two tiers was beautiful. Thanks again.

Lauren and Kevin

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Great cakes by far was the best tasting during the wedding expo. We got cupcakes and a cake topper for our wedding; key lime bliss, almond raspberry and almond coconut. Everyone at the reception went back for seconds and asked where to get the cupcakes from. They were incredibly delicious!

1 Review
Recently Married
0.6

We used Great Cakes for our wedding cake. What a disappointment. The cake topper was wrong (a more expensive cake topper had been purchased), the cake was not put on a cake stand (even though the cake stand had been paid for) and the white cake decorations dripped all down the blue cake. It looked absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!! The wedding reception was at a different venue than the wedding so we did not see the cake until we arrived at the reception. Had we seen it ahead of time, we would have removed the cake from public view. This wedding was not a summer wedding and the reception was inside so there is no reason for the all the icing to drip down the sides of the cake other than poor workmanship. It looked like a zebra cake. I would not recommend Great Cakes to anyone planning an event. There are plenty of quality cake makers on the Outer Banks and I wish I had chosen someone else for our wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I had cupcakes instead of a cake for our wedding. We looked at several options in the OBX area, but Great Cakes seemed to have the best value and their reviews were great. Planning a wedding from afar, it made me nervous to order cupcakes without having tasted them, but we went with Red Velvet and Key Lime Pie flavors anyway. We needn't have worried. The cupcakes were delicious and the guests absolutely raved about the Key Lime, one of their signature flavors. We were lucky enough to have leftover cupcakes and I must admit I was on a steady diet of Key Lime cupcakes for days after the wedding. I would absolutely recommend Great Cakes cupcakes to anyone!

Lyndsay
10/12/2014

YUM! Everyone loved our Key Lime Bliss cake. We loved the look and the taste!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

What an awesome cake for my daughters wedding! Everyone loved it. Such a pleasure to work with!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Great Cakes did an awesome job on my wedding cake and it tasted delicious! We chose the signature Key Lime Bliss cake - our guests are still raving about it!

Marsha was great to work with! She showed up right on time and delivered a flawless cake.

They are the best in the OBX - I will be using them again!

Recently Married

One of my favorite things about my wedding was the dessert. We got a cake and cupcakes. All tasted AMAZING!!! Marsha was also very nice and responsive.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The people at Great Cakes were very professional and helpful. My wedding was in NC and I am from Pittsburgh, so they had to help me out a little bit extra with different quotes and ideas. I didn't even make it down to taste the cake before I ordered it, but I trusted them. I'm so glad I did! My wedding was 3 weeks ago and I'm still hearing about how great it was. I didn't have to stress about it at all. It was delivered, set up and looking beautiful by the start of the reception and it was delicious.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

All I can say is the key lime wedding cake is amazing!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Marsha was so great to work with! Loved my wedding cupcakes with small cake on top! The flavors were amazing and her prices were reasonable too! Key Lime Bliss is relish, what a treat! Cant wait to have her make our anniversary cupcakes!!

Ike
05/11/2014

Cake was amazing!! We loved the Key Lime!

susan
10/13/2013

These people made my wedding cake in the shape of a house!!! not only was it beautifully crafted, but it was also delicious! not too sweet, and just wonderful!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cake was so delicious!!! The presentation was beautiful and everyone loved the cake (vanilla chocolate chip with chocolate gnache and key lime bliss!).