Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks

• Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Im not sure what was going on with this person, we signed a contract and paid her in full and we did end up getting our cake, but she was never responsive, her ast. was rude, and they didnt listen to the details we wanted on the cake. I would not recommed her, you spend a lot of money for the best day of your life, you should not get this treatment.

• Wedding: 06/14/2015
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had cupcakes instead of a cake for our wedding. We looked at several options in the OBX area, but Great Cakes seemed to have the best value and their reviews were great. Planning a wedding from afar, it made me nervous to order cupcakes without having tasted them, but we went with Red Velvet and Key Lime Pie flavors anyway. We needn't have worried. The cupcakes were delicious and the guests absolutely raved about the Key Lime, one of their signature flavors. We were lucky enough to have leftover cupcakes and I must admit I was on a steady diet of Key Lime cupcakes for days after the wedding. I would absolutely recommend Great Cakes cupcakes to anyone!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

YUM! Everyone loved our Key Lime Bliss cake. We loved the look and the taste!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Lyndsay
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What an awesome cake for my daughters wedding! Everyone loved it. Such a pleasure to work with!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great Cakes did an awesome job on my wedding cake and it tasted delicious! We chose the signature Key Lime Bliss cake - our guests are still raving about it!

Marsha was great to work with! She showed up right on time and delivered a flawless cake.

They are the best in the OBX - I will be using them again!

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

One of my favorite things about my wedding was the dessert. We got a cake and cupcakes. All tasted AMAZING!!! Marsha was also very nice and responsive.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The people at Great Cakes were very professional and helpful. My wedding was in NC and I am from Pittsburgh, so they had to help me out a little bit extra with different quotes and ideas. I didn't even make it down to taste the cake before I ordered it, but I trusted them. I'm so glad I did! My wedding was 3 weeks ago and I'm still hearing about how great it was. I didn't have to stress about it at all. It was delivered, set up and looking beautiful by the start of the reception and it was delicious.

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

All I can say is the key lime wedding cake is amazing!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marsha was so great to work with! Loved my wedding cupcakes with small cake on top! The flavors were amazing and her prices were reasonable too! Key Lime Bliss is relish, what a treat! Cant wait to have her make our anniversary cupcakes!!

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cake was amazing!! We loved the Key Lime!

• Wedding: 05/11/2014
Ike
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These people made my wedding cake in the shape of a house!!! not only was it beautifully crafted, but it was also delicious! not too sweet, and just wonderful!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
susan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cake was so delicious!!! The presentation was beautiful and everyone loved the cake (vanilla chocolate chip with chocolate gnache and key lime bliss!).

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Their Key Lime Bliss is the best cake ever!!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Our wedding cake from Great Cakes was quite possibly the most delicious cake I have ever had. Marsha helped to arrange the right size, theme, and personal touches to match our beachy theme and our taste buds. The cake was complete with little white chocolate seashells and color coordinated Adirondack chairs! She was a pleasure to work with. I can't wait for our one year anniversary to eat the rest of that cake!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
Jackie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great Cakes made our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious!! All the guest were amazed at how good it was and how beautifully it was decorated!!

• Wedding: 07/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marsha was very professional and the cake was excellent. We had the key lime after reading other reviews and it truly is delicious. She went above and beyond to make sure things were good. Don't hesitate on buying from great cakes, truly a great experience.

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
252-261-3403
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards