Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks

(4.4/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

susan 4 Reviews
These people made my wedding cake in the shape of a house!!! not only was it beautifully crafted, but it was also delicious! not too sweet, and just wonderful!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cake was so delicious!!! The presentation was beautiful and everyone loved the cake (vanilla chocolate chip with chocolate gnache and key lime bliss!).
Wedding: 09/28/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
Their Key Lime Bliss is the best cake ever!!!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Jackie 5 Reviews
Our wedding cake from Great Cakes was quite possibly the most delicious cake I have ever had. Marsha helped to arrange the right size, theme, and personal touches to match our beachy theme and our taste buds. The cake was complete with little white chocolate seashells and color coordinated Adirondack chairs! She was a pleasure to work with. I can't wait for our one year anniversary to eat the rest of that cake!
Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great Cakes made our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious!! All the guest were amazed at how good it was and how beautifully it was decorated!!
Wedding: 07/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Marsha was very professional and the cake was excellent. We had the key lime after reading other reviews and it truly is delicious. She went above and beyond to make sure things were good. Don't hesitate on buying from great cakes, truly a great experience.
Wedding: 06/30/2013
1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Great Cakes was supposed to create our wedding cake in June. Unfortunately an error was made on their end and the incorrect cake was delivered to our wedding. I had a very specific cake I was looking for and Marsha had told my wedding coordinator she could create it. Sadly the cake that was delivered, was absolutely NOTHING like the one I had wanted and we did not use the cake at all. While I think my husband and I handled the situation well, it was an incredible disappointment. Especially since the cake was one of the biggest things we were looking forward too - it was to be an amazing bare funfetti cake (the only thing my husband had requested in the wedding planning process). Instead, we received a fondant covered small blue shell cake, which was just not our taste at all. In Marsha's defense, she said this has never happened before in her years of cake making and she did send an apology letter and a full refund. However, it took us over a month to receive the letter and money. I had to follow up several times through my wedding coordinator to finally get my money back. Marsha said she had issues with Quikbooks and her assistant which I'm sure may be true, but I think the whole situation could have been handled better and faster. Sadly, I cannot recommend Great Cakes at all.
Wedding: 06/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
These ladies were awesome and so kind!!
Our cakes were "to die for"
They actually used our cake plates that we make from our family glass factory, Mosser Glass.
It was just what I had imagined.

Thank you so much!!!
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Morgan 2 Reviews
We chose great cakes for our wedding. The cake was simply so delicious. The design of the cake I came up with and she made it exactly the way I wanted. Highly recommended.
Wedding: 05/03/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
The entire process was fantastic and so much fun! from the tasting to the design process, it was a blast! The cake was the most delicious that I or anyone else at the wedding had ever had! Perfection!
Wedding: Recently Married

Jessica 1 Reviews
Marsha was great to work with. Her and her team made sure that our wedding cake was ready and delivered for our Hurricane Sandy wedding - our venue made it onto the cover of the New York Times the morning after. That\\\'s vendor dedication!
Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great Cakes! made not only one cake, but THREE for my wedding on 10/6/12! I worked with Marsha to create three designs which she was able to translate from my ideas, to paper, then to the fabulous edible creations I had imagined.

Marsha was amazing to work with. Her creativity and love of her work is easy to see. I could tell that I was in good hands. Everything about each of my three cakes was perfect.

The cakes looked beautiful on the outside, but tasted even better! My husband and I ordered Key Lime Bliss (a must!), Chocolate with Chocolate ganache filling and Coconut cake. We cut the Key Lime Bliss for our "cake cutting" and I was so grateful that my husband did not smash the cake on my face because I would have hated to waste any of it! It was delicious! The best wedding cake I have ever tasted. The following day, I tried the chocolate AND the coconut and found that they were yummy as well. Our guests RAVED about the cakes. They had a fun time trying each flavor, like it was a cake bar!

If you are looking for a beautifully designed cake that tastes even better, Great Cakes! is your baker. My husband and I were very pleased with our cakes and would recommend them to anyone with a special event...or even just a craving for cake!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter's wedding cake was beautiful and so good! Marsha was a joy to work with! My daughter came to her with a rough idea of what she wanted and Marsha began drawing the cake of her dreams. She was great at understanding what my daughter wanted. I would gladly recommed Great Cakes to anyone!

Cheryl [mother of the bride]
Wedding: 09/29/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Marsha from Great Cakes made my wonderful wedding cake. I will say that it is some of the best cake I have ever eaten! I wish I could have it everyday. I first meet Marsha at the Outer Banks wedding expo and then promptly scheduled a tasting with her. We decided to have a 3 tier cake with two different favors. We had two layers of almond vanilla with raspberry filling and then one layer of Key Lime. My only complaint was that at my wedding, the cake was cut and set on the table, instead of being served. This might have been my oversight in not asking for the cake to be served.... so make sure you ask for that. I had many guests that told me they didn't get cake.... but really they just didn't realize they had to go get it off the cake table. Despite that little hiccup, I highly recommend Great Cakes, you will not be disappointed.
Great Cakes! of the Outer Banks responded with the following comments:
I'm so glad ou loved your cake but the cutting and serving is arranged with the caterer and not with Great Cakes! A variety of caterers do the cake cutting and serving in many different ways. It's a great suggestion from this bride to consult with your caterer to clarify this decision. Great Cakes! makes sure you have ample servings for your guests based on the size cake you order. Best wishes, Marsha
Wedding: 06/30/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding cake was delicious! We chose the Key Lime Bliss cake because we wanted something different. Our guests loved it! We got so many compliments. The front of the cake did have a small area where the icing was pushed in a little bit. I'm guessing it happened while they were transporting it. However, I don't think any of our guests noticed it. We had little shells and sand dollars on the cake that were made out of white chocolate. They were the perfect touch!
Wedding: 06/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great Cakes did an absolute amazing job on our wedding cake on 5/19/2012. It was unbelievable. Their Key Lime cake is to die for! The cake was absolutely beautiful and their team is so easy to work with to get exactly what you need. From the beginning they were very accomodating, from the tasting, where I could take some home to my fiance since he couldn't make the trip, to the details of the decoration. We highly recommend them to anyone having an event in the OBX!
Wedding: 06/16/2012
 252-261-3403
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire