Grace Lin Makeup and Hair Studio

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Grace and her team were wonderful. They were prompt and professional. Her makeup is natural and lasts all day. Got so many compliments on my eyes and hair. Many many thanks for Grace and her team!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I needed a hair and makeup artist for my wedding so after many researching, i finally found Grace Lin and her team. I was assigned to have one of her team leads to do my hair and makeup, her name is Irene.

Before I get into the makeup and hair, I wanted to compliment Grace and her professionalism. She was very responsible which I love. One minute I send her an email, few minutes later I get a response from her. EXCELLENT! As you know, brides don't have much time to wait around -- and Grace just answered all my questions within the day. I don't think i need to wait for a day later for her email. Grace also helped me with the scheduling for the day so that I can be ready on time.

During the trial session, I had brought pictures of hair styles of how i wanted to look. Irene looked at it and recreated the style I want. And I was very pleased with the look. The makeup she did for me was excellent. I wanted her to keep it natural looking and she did. I loved my makeup and hair.

On the wedding day, Irene was responsible to do my make up and hair, along with my maid of honor's hair & makeup. Irene also worked on my mom's hair as well. Irene did an excellent job -- i highly recommend her.

And we had two other stylists (Lisa and Tamie) to do my bridesmaids' hair and makeup. Lisa did a great job on both hair and makeup. However, I wasn't too sure about Tamie. She did a great job, but I thought she did a little too heavy on the makeup for my bridesmaids. Wasn't as natural looking as I wanted to be. But in the end it still looked great.

There was one downfall, I wished I had an extra stylist to do the bridesmaid's hair and makeup because the makeup and hair took a little longer than we all wanted. I had told Grace I wanted to be ready by a certain time. We ended up being late for taking pictures with the bridal party. It wasn't too big of a problem since I was still in schedule, but the feeling of "oh no, i'm late" was in my mind the whole time. And i didn't like having the feeling on my wedding day.

Other than that, everything was great. I really love Irene. She is excellent! Overall, Grace Lin Professional Makeup Team was great. The pricing for the packages were good. I suggest you go to their website and check out the packages that they have to offer - i personally think it's the best deal out of all the researches I've done.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

BRIDES!! I know there are several things that need to get done before your wedding day...and making sure you have a great hair and makup team is a MUST! No matter what happens on the wedding day...EVERYONE will be looking at you!
I'm so happy I found Grace Lin and her amazing team - Crystal! First off, Grace was so professional and quick in ALL of my emails. I think I even emailed her at midnight one time, and she responded back within minutes! With all of the crazy things involved in a wedding, having someone that is so quick in their responses is a MUST! so THANK YOU Grace for that! Also, Grace's prices are GREAT! They have to be one of the best priced hair and makeup teams out there! TOTALLY AFFORDABLE and WORTH EVERY PENNIE!
So...my hair and makeup was done by Crystal, one of Grace's lead stylist! She was everything that I could have asked for and MORE! She listened to everything that I wanted during my trial and on the wedding day, it was BEYOND PERFECT!!!! One of my biggest fears for my wedding was that I was going to look like someone just caked on layers of makeup on my face! I told Crystal my concerns and she applied just the right amount that really highlighted my natural beauty. And I know everyone is suppose to tell you that you look great on your wedding day...but believe me...my biggest critic is my fiance/husband. He'll always tell me when I look ugly or if someone is just not right. But from the moment he saw me, he was in shock. He thought I looked AMAZING!!! Thank you CRYSTAL!!! My hair was perfect. My makeup looked flawless!!
THANK YOU AGAIN GRACE AND CRYSTAL for such an amazing experience and helping me make my wedding so special! BRIDES...if you're looking for a great hair and makeup artist that will listen to you and give you everything that you wanted...CHOOSE GRACE and CRYSTAL!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Grace Lin and her team did my my hair and makeup for my wedding and I could not be happier!!! Grace was AMAZING and I felt the prettiest I've EVER felt in my life! She is so talented - she knows exactly how to highlight your features and enhance you, without caking on tons of makeup. I normally don't wear heavy makeup and even on my wedding day, my makeup felt very light. My wedding ceremony and reception were both outdoors in the middle of July but my hair and makeup stayed on flawlessly all day long.

I absolutely loved the hair also - the theme of my wedding was French country so she gave me side swept bangs with some small braids and a side bun. I also accessorized with little flowers and a birdcage veil. I received SO many compliments on my hair & makeup during and after the wedding :) My hair and makeup complimented my dress perfectly.

She and her team also serviced 8 other ladies in my wedding party - 4 bridesmaids, 3 mothers, and 1 sister. Everyone looked fabulous and we were all so happy! Grace's team came early and finished on time for our photo shoot.

Her prices were very reasonable as well, especially since I bought a package for all the bridesmaids and immediate family members. It was money very well spent!

Starting from our trial session, I connected with her immediately and she made me feel very comfortable. She was very responsive to all my emails and I felt like I was really taken care of. It was such a pleasure working with her and her team and I HIGHLY recommend Grace to any soon to be bride!

2+ years ago

I'm very glad I chose Grace's make up team for my big day. Grace is a VERY experienced make up artist. I mostly communicated with Grace through email, she is very fast at responding to any questions or concerns that I may have had. She assures you that you will be a beautiful bride. =)

Her team did my make up, 4 bridesmaids and 2 moms during my wedding day. . We started at 9:30am and everyone was finished by 1:30pm. They arrived on time and stayed according to the timeline. If you book with Grace, you will have one free trial session to go over what kind of hair and make-up you would like to have on your wedding day.

I received many compliments during and after my wedding. She knows what looks good! Grace listened to any concerned I may have. Grace made me look beautiful but still myself.

You should visit her website and look at the before and after pictures, her work is amazing! I would definitely recommend any bride to go with Grace.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had Grace and her team to work on the bridal party's makeup on my wedding date 6/16/12. The team is extremely professional, friendly, easy to work with, and most importantly.. FUN!!! The make-up was very natural and I loved the hair styles. One of my friends were telling me that my make-up was the BEST one among all the weddings that she've seen so far. The team arrived at the venue on time despite that they had to get up at 3am for another project in the same day and finished everyone's make-up ahead of schedule. The make-ups were done on a very professional manner with NO delays! The energy level in the bridal room was very positive, stress-free and I can tell everyone were having fun (i mean.. everyone in the room, not just me, but also the G.L. team and my bridal party)! I was a very satisfied bride and I am glad that I had Grace, Michelle and Cece :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Thanks very much to Grace, Michelle and Irene. Guests liked both my hairdo and the makeup. I will definitely recommend Grace Lin to my friends!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I was lucky enough to hire Grace Lin and her team artist to do both my wedding day makeup and engagement photo makeup. Grace did my engagement and Irene did my wedding day makeup. I loved both makeup. I felt beautiful yet I was able to recognize myself when I looked in the mirror. They kept everything looking very natural. I didn't have a bunch of makeup masked onto my face. I sweated all day and was crying here and there...my makeup was still on with no smudge. I was so sad when I had to wash off all my makeup and undo my hair at the end of the night. Also my maid of honor and my mom looked very beautiful too. They are both very nice girls and lovely to work with. I can't wait to see Grace again at my friend's wedding in October. My friend hired her based on my wonderful experience with Grace.

1 Review
2+ years ago

Good Service, good communication, very organized, Grace made me look stunning on my wedding.

1 Review
4.7

I'm happy to have Irene to work on my make up and hair on my big day~

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of having Grace Lin's makeup artists work on myself and my bridal party for my wedding day. She came highly recommended by so many people I know! I knew I made the right choice once I got in contact with her and found out she had an available artist on my wedding day.

Grace is a joy to work with and seriously does everything she can to ensure you are a happy bride. She welcomes your feedback and provides comments to best compliment your facial features and style. She is best reached by email and responds quickly.

I was also able to borrow accessories to use for my wedding day. She saved me from additional stress of finding a veil and necklace to go with my wedding gown. Thanks so much for offering accessories with your bridal packages.

On my wedding day:
My makeup artist was Michelle Lin and an assistant artist CeCe. Both girls arrived at our hotel on time and began to work on us after setting up. Everything went so well and my entire bridal party loved their makeup and hair. Even my mother-in-law was happy with her makeup.

I booked the All Day Package with them, and the girls truly are your lifesavers for the entire night! I don't know what I would've done without them. Thank you so much Michelle and CeCe for being there to give me touch-ups through the entire day. They saved me from the crazy outdoor winds and helped me with my 3 outfit changes during the reception.

Thank you girls so much for your professionalism, friendly attitude, and always keeping a smile. I hope you enjoyed our wedding as much as we did.

I will be recommending Grace Lin and her team of makeup artists to all future brides. You won't regret your decision.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

If you are looking for a makeup artist and hair stylist for your wedding, go with Grace Lin and her team! They do a great job of bringing all the makeup and tools to your location on time, promptly get ready, and work efficiently through the entire session. I had recently gotten married and she was able to make mom and bridesmaid look beautiful! Trust me, they received so many compliments. I had found a photo of a lady with the hair style I as looking for and she was able make it look even better than the photo! Thank you again Grace Lin and team.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I can't thank Grace Lin and her team enough for their remarkable and talented hair and makeup services. They are rock stars, especially Grace Lin! Grace's skills are outstanding, impeccable and flawless - she worked her magic and made me into a beautiful bride. She's extremely professional, punctual and responsive. I highly recommend her to all future brides. Grace is a gem and well sought out so book her before it's too late!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Grace Lin's makeup style is flawless and natural skin. She does beautiful work!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Grace did my make up for birthday party. I like the style of Grace. Her make up style is natural yet it defines the features of the person.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I tried 3 different bridal trail make up before wedding. Grace Lin was the best to make a natural sweet look for me. Plus she made me a feminine hair style to match with my wedding gown. Thanks Grace!