douglaslevy photography

douglaslevy photography

new england wedding photographer - douglaslevy photography

Ayer, MA 01432 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't stop saying incredible things about Doug. Every interaction I had with him before the wedding was professional and easy. He answered a ton of questions and graciously tolerated my nit picky lawyer fiancé. Doug's approach to wedding photography was exactly what we were looking for. He is a great story teller who captures what happened on the day, rather than staging what wedding photos should look like. On the day of his calming presence was the perfect compliment to the sometimes frantic energy. Even though I'd only met Doug once before the wedding, he was completely at ease with me, my family and friends and never felt like an outsider. He arrived early to check out the property for photos, traipsed around in muck to find good photo spots, and reassured me with his very precise weather radar that the rain was going to cooperate. Doug did the perfect job of being there for all the moments I'd want captured- I remember seeing him out of the corner of my eye- but he was never intrusive.

I simply couldn't imagine having a better photographer... and I haven't even seen the photos yet (because I asked him to wait until after we got back from our honeymoon). He showed me a couple shots on his camera throughout the day- and I have every confidence in the world that they are amazing!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are so glad that we chose Doug as our wedding day photographer. He has a great eye, and took many creative and stunning photographs of our wedding. I really liked the candid photographs that he captured on our wedding day of us and our guests. He was very responsive to e-mails or phone calls, which I really appreciated. He also had an excellent turnaround time of his work. My husband and I returned from our honeymoon 8 days after our wedding and Doug sent us the portfolio 9 days after the wedding!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Doug is a great photographer. He captured our event beautifully. He made sure that every moment of our day was covered, both the guys and girls getting ready, family and friends gathering for the ceremony and of course the ceremony and reception. The final photos were delivered within 2 weeks. He also included an engagement shoot in his wedding package. We could no be happier. He made sure that we got all the family shots that we wanted but also created some beautiful portraits and candid shots that blew us away. From start to finish we were able to communicate with him and he responded right away. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Shaun
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough great things about Doug, but I will do my best!
From the first conversation with Doug, it was clear that he was the perfect choice. He is the quintessential professional yet somehow friendly and funny at the same time. We immediately felt like we had known him for years and trusted him 1,000% to deliver an amazing product. Whether we communicated by an old-fashioned telephone call, email, or facebook, Doug's response was extremely quick.
On the event day, Doug made sure to fit in photos of the bridal party getting ready, the ring-bearer/retired Army pup getting his tux on, and then staged family photos with both the bride and groom's families. During the ceremony, he managed to move from one floor to another in a difficult to maneuver venue (Fenway Park). During the reception, we had no clue where Doug was, but if we wanted to talk to him we easily discovered his where-a-bouts, usually only a few feet away.
Not only is his portfolio beautiful, but our finished product is incredible. We took our time clicking through each photo and found ourselves saying "I love this one!" over and over again.
In 50 years, our wedding photos will still be beautiful, tasteful, and just remarkable. The value in Doug's work is his ability to capture the "feeling" of each moment with truly timeless photos that are also contemporary and creative. We cannot thank him enough for giving us the perfect photographic story of our wedding day.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough great things about Doug, but I will do my best!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could be considered biased since Doug has been a friend of mine for more than 10 years, but researching wedding photographers (even though I knew from the start I wanted to hire Doug) proved that he is among the best in the market. Our wedding was small and relatively fuss-free, and working with Doug was equally easy. Midway through planning our wedding, my husband and I moved from Boston to Birmingham, AL, and Doug was professional and honest enough to send us a small refund for the difference in taxes. As a bride and groom spending money hand over fist, we appreciate that. On the wedding day itself, Doug was relaxed and went with the flow, which put us at ease and let us enjoy the day rather than feel like it had to be regimented and staged. We received a link to all of our images, as well as the USB containing the high-res, unwatermarked images, less than two weeks after the wedding. As we expected, they were filled with special, candid moments and completely captured the joy of the event. We couldn't be happier with the service, the booking/payment process, and the photos themselves. Thanks, Doug!

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
Lindsay
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Doug did a great job of beautifully capturing the little moments that made our wedding memorable. He took some gorgeous candid portraits of our guests, and helped keep even the non-candid group shots fun, fast, and easy. Everything flowed smoothly and never felt staged or contrived, which was absolutely our goal. He was also always extremely responsive and easy to work with. We definitely recommend him!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Quality of Service: Doug's pictures and the manner in which his work-product is presented are both beautiful and polished.
Responsiveness: No other vendor was as responsive as Doug. He fully responded to every inquiry my wife, father-in-law, or myself made, and usually within minutes.
Professionalism: Doug and his team demonstrated veteran professionalism from day 1. He is timely, efficient, responsive, always prepared, courteous, and congenial.
Value: We could not be more content with Doug's work-product/cost proposition.
Flexibility: My wife and I had very hectic schedules leading up to the wedding, and Doug was always able to work around them, from last minute conference calls to last minute engagement shoots.

• Wedding: 08/24/2014
Matthew
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Doug definitely deserves a 5/5 rating. He was so timely with emails, and an awesome person to talk with. Totally down to earth and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone! On our wedding day, he (and his assistants) were all so efficient and considerate, we are able to enjoy all of cocktail hour all the while getting in every picture we wanted. He knew what pictures we wanted (having talked multiple times prior to the wedding) that I didn't even have to worry about it that night. Also important to note: The fact that we got our finished pictures while we were still on our honeymoon absolutely floored us. We had our proofs within days, our USB drive with pictures within 2 weeks, and our finished photo album within 3 weeks! (Not to mention it's "busy season!") The quality of every picture was spectacular and I'm so happy we went with Doug as our photographer.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Christina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Doug is extremely professional and fun to work with photographer. We stole him from friends of ours that got married the previous year and liked how he was able to capture special moments throughout the ceremony and reception. Doug is very prompt in answering any questions you may have throughout the wedding planning process. He works with you individually to create the style of photos you prefer. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Doug and his wife on the day of our wedding and could not be happier with the photos of our special day.

• Wedding: 07/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Doug is a gifted artist. We performed an exhaustive search of photographers. His photographs were stunning - they evoked real emotions and really captured the physical beauty of his subjects and the magnitude of the moments. We solicited blind test opinions from our friends and family and from professional photographers. Everyone overwhelmingly preferred the work of Douglas Levy Photography. We also met in-person with many photographers and Doug was our clear pick after that round as well.

Doug came down to New York City for our engagement shoot and we had an awesome time shooting all around Manhattan. Doug's personality made it easy to feel and act naturally in front of the camera. He was funny, quick, considerate, and personable and really made the shoot feel like hanging out with a friend in the park. The photos were ready later that week and absolutely blew us away. He really captured our chemistry and we looked amazing!

The wedding day was a marathon. Doug and his team pulled it off masterfully. He prepared us with clear and timely communication leading up to the event. We had large bridal party, a space capsule, a dinosaur with a bow tie, and all sorts of twists throughout the day. Doug adjusted without missing a beat. Getting ready, the first look, the bridal party and parents, the ceremony, formal photos, cocktail hour, the reception, toasts, dances, etc. There was a lot of posing and smiling but Doug and the team managed to make it all fun for everyone while keeping things moving along.

The photos were ready just a few days later!! The developed work was gorgeous and of outstanding quality and artistry. Elegant processional shots to heartfelt candid moments, they absolutely nailed it and immortalized so many fantastic moments! These breathtaking photographs will be our family's cherished possessions. We could not be happier that we chose Douglas Levy Photography and I sincerely give Doug and his team my highest recommendation.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Doug was extremely easy to work with. He really got to know us and tailored his shooting to encompass the parts of the wedding we had put the most effort into. He was laid-back and went with the flow as we adjusting things on the fly. We got some amazing photos from the day (almost too many!) and we couldn't be more pleased.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing the right photographer was probably more important to me than choosing my wedding dress. I am that girl who always has her camera with her…the one who forces all of her friends to get together for pictures and who comes home from a night out with 100+ pictures regardless of whether we were at a pub, party, wedding, etc. My (now) husband and I were so lucky that we found Doug and his team in time to hire him for our wedding day. Doug and his team not only met but exceeded our expectations on multiple levels. We were not the best/most organized wedding planners to say the least and Doug was patient, helpful and communicative throughout the entire process. After meeting Doug for the first time, my husband and I were so impressed with his work and professionalism. We also really connected with his personality and felt like he cared to get to know us/understand us and what we were looking for in a photographer, while also giving us honest feedback. We had so much confidence in Doug from the get go that we contacted him throughout the wedding planning process to get referrals for our other vendors, such as our videographer, DJ, photo booth, etc. Doug's team is beyond creative, professional, talented, unique..the list goes on and on. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THERE FOR US DOUG!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Plain and simple, Doug is AMAZING. His quality of work and ability to make you comfortable is unmatched. He is so organized and on top of everything, and when you are trying to plan a bunch of other things for your wedding this is so important. One of my favorite things about Doug, is his response time. You can email him any time/day and he will get back to you within the hour, even if he's just responding to acknowledge your message and he'll get back to you later. No other vendor was as responsive and on top of everything as Doug was. Being type A, this was extremely important to me, I never had to sit around and wait for him or follow up with him to get an answer. We got our engagement and wedding pictures back within a few weeks, which is not the norm (in a good way). We also had our wedding album a few months after the wedding. Some of my friends who got married in 2013 are still waiting on theirs, so it was nice that we got to show ours off so soon after the wedding! Most importantly, the pictures turned out amazing. He got a great mix of candids and did not put us in any uncomfortable staged photos. After we got our pictures back, people kept telling us how great our pictures were. Bottom line, Doug is everything you want in a photographer and is a true professional!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have had a better time with Doug - not only did he capture some absolutely magical moments, he was just a blast to work with. We liked him from our first conversation and the whole experience from start to finish was wonderful. As we said to friends and family, find a reason to have him follow you around with a camera - you will be so very glad you did.

Some wedding photographers are very overly-serious about their 'work' and seem to think less about the people and the event - one we talked to assured us that our photos would look like they belonged in Vanity Fair. We didn't want that. We wanted beautiful pictures of people having fun as a record of our happy day. Doug did that and so much more - he is a storyteller with his camera - he captured the mood and the people and the personalities and the special small moments that is what makes a picture come to life.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Doug not only shoots amazing photos, but he has absolutely no ego and is super chill about taking suggestions for different shots. He was so easy to get along with and put us at ease with his quiet confidence. We loved our mix of candid and posed shots and it is amazing how many pictures he got shooting alone. I look at our pictures from both the engagement shoot and the wedding and I see "us." Doug doesn't force any awkward poses or unnatural shots, and the result is that he gets people in true moments of happiness, love and contentment. We were so happy with Doug and would recommend him to anyone. We just feel lucky that we were able to get on his calendar and book him :)

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
781-820-1344
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards