douglaslevy photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband and I knew the aesthetic we were looking for from our photos when we began our search for photographers.
We were looking for someone who’s pictures told a story and captured both the emotion of a moment and personality of the subject. Someone who excelled in documenting the in between moments and candid shots as opposed to point and shoot “staged photos”.

After much research on wedding wire, wedding expos and Pinterest we were lucky to find Doug. A former professional baseball umpire, Doug changed careers (to the benefit of brides and grooms). He is an easy going guy who encourages you to be yourself, letting his talent create the opportunity for the perfect shot.

He is an incredible communicator with the fastest turn around projects I have ever seen. Within one week of our engagement photos and two weeks of our wedding the proofs were in our hand. He went above and beyond to create to versions of each photo – one sized for social media and one for large prints. Every photo from our wedding captured the essence of our family and friends – so much so that every candid shot we shared with people immediately became their Facebook profile or cover photo.

Doug is highly regarded in the Boston photography community for his professionalism, technical skill and willingness to teach and support his peers. He is a man with so much integrity and love for the profession. My father was mentoring a business school student building a photography business and Doug spent a significant amount of time on a conference call sharing his expertise to better prepare this student for their project.

That is the kind of guy Doug is. He goes above and beyond – giving 110% exceeding his high standard of excellence every time.
I would recommend him in a heartbeat and wish that cloning were possible so more brides and grooms would get the opportunity to work with him!

Andrea
06/27/2015

Doug was a pleasure to work with before, during, and after the wedding. My husband and I live in New York, so planning a wedding in Mass required flexibility on both sides, which was never a problem. We were able to meet in person once, then communicate by phone and e-mail for all the rest. One major concern for us in planning the wedding was the presence of photographers being overwhelming and distracting, especially during the ceremony. Doug and his assistant were practically unheard and unseen throughout the day, and he made our formal pictures an absolute breeze. It also helped that among the chaos of the day, Doug was very relaxed and easy-going about everything. I was almost concerned that we didn't take enough pictures until I saw the full gallery. The shots are absolutely beautiful and there are tons to choose from. We are very pleased, and my sister will be using Doug for her wedding as well. The only downside is the high cost of his services and the photo albums, but even then it's not outrageous compared to other photographers. Overall, we are very pleased.

Rachel
05/24/2015

Doug was amazing! He was extremely responsive via email before and after the wedding and was very easy to work with on the day of. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing and wasn't afraid to direct people to get the best shots. During the reception, I didn't even notice that he was there, but he captured the energy of the night and the most unbelievable expressions on everyone's faces. He got the digital photos to us incredibly quickly, and I haven't been able to stop looking through them since. We are thrilled with Doug's work and highly recommend him for all special events.

Caroline
05/23/2015

Doug's photos are absolutely gorgeous and he returned them to us within 5 days of the wedding! We had about 80 guests and he shot stunning portraits of almost every person there. He was right in the middle of the action throughout the event and yet we hardly noticed him. The genuine, beaming smiles he captured all day are evidence of his unobtrusive, laid-back demeanor which put everyone at ease. The lighting and the composition of his photos make the images feel as warm and intimate as the day felt for us. He was really organized and efficient with our formal wedding-party/family photos and had several really creative ideas for photo shoots with the two of us throughout the evening.

Services Used: Photography

Looking for a wedding photographer? Well stop spending hours pouring through everyone's sample photos and just hire Doug. Seriously, you won't regret it!

I had a hard time picking a wedding photographer. A lot of photographers have amazing websites but then when you see their full albums you're just not as in to them. And then there is the whole thing about price and budget. My fiance was convinced people could just take pictures on their cell phones and we didn't need to hire a photographer = CRAZY. For some reason Doug did not come up in my original photographer searches, he was recommended to me by another photographer who was already booked up for my date. I was between three photographers at the end and Doug just ende

Services Used: Photography

Doug did an absolutely fantastic job with our wedding photos! He was a pleasure to work with right from our very first interaction all the way back in October, 2014. He is easy going but very attentive (I don't think more than 30 minutes ever passed by before he responded to an email). My husband and I aren't really "photo people" in that we don't really enjoy having our photo taken and don't know much about photography either. We are also very delinquent wedding planners. Doug probably realized all of these things very early on however still made the whole process go very smoothly without ever making us feel rushed. It was even somewhat fun. And of course, the photos really just speak for themselves. They are beautiful but also natural looking and really captured everyone's emotions perfectly. We have gotten so many compliments about all of them and 4 of my friends have already used his headshots as their Facebook profile photos! Thank you so much Doug!

-Nina and Ethan

Services Used: Photography

I can't stop saying incredible things about Doug. Every interaction I had with him before the wedding was professional and easy. He answered a ton of questions and graciously tolerated my nit picky lawyer fiancé. Doug's approach to wedding photography was exactly what we were looking for. He is a great story teller who captures what happened on the day, rather than staging what wedding photos should look like. On the day of his calming presence was the perfect compliment to the sometimes frantic energy. Even though I'd only met Doug once before the wedding, he was completely at ease with me, my family and friends and never felt like an outsider. He arrived early to check out the property for photos, traipsed around in muck to find good photo spots, and reassured me with his very precise weather radar that the rain was going to cooperate. Doug did the perfect job of being there for all the moments I'd want captured- I remember seeing him out of the corner of my eye- but he was never intrusive.

I simply couldn't imagine having a better photographer... and I haven't even seen the photos yet (because I asked him to wait until after we got back from our honeymoon). He showed me a couple shots on his camera throughout the day- and I have every confidence in the world that they are amazing!

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I are so glad that we chose Doug as our wedding day photographer. He has a great eye, and took many creative and stunning photographs of our wedding. I really liked the candid photographs that he captured on our wedding day of us and our guests. He was very responsive to e-mails or phone calls, which I really appreciated. He also had an excellent turnaround time of his work. My husband and I returned from our honeymoon 8 days after our wedding and Doug sent us the portfolio 9 days after the wedding!

Shaun
09/20/2014

Doug is a great photographer. He captured our event beautifully. He made sure that every moment of our day was covered, both the guys and girls getting ready, family and friends gathering for the ceremony and of course the ceremony and reception. The final photos were delivered within 2 weeks. He also included an engagement shoot in his wedding package. We could no be happier. He made sure that we got all the family shots that we wanted but also created some beautiful portraits and candid shots that blew us away. From start to finish we were able to communicate with him and he responded right away. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Private User
Recently Married

I cannot say enough great things about Doug, but I will do my best!
From the first conversation with Doug, it was clear that he was the perfect choice. He is the quintessential professional yet somehow friendly and funny at the same time. We immediately felt like we had known him for years and trusted him 1,000% to deliver an amazing product. Whether we communicated by an old-fashioned telephone call, email, or facebook, Doug's response was extremely quick.
On the event day, Doug made sure to fit in photos of the bridal party getting ready, the ring-bearer/retired Army pup getting his tux on, and then staged family photos with both the bride and groom's families. During the ceremony, he managed to move from one floor to another in a difficult to maneuver venue (Fenway Park). During the reception, we had no clue where Doug was, but if we wanted to talk to him we easily discovered his where-a-bouts, usually only a few feet away.
Not only is his portfolio beautiful, but our finished product is incredible. We took our time clicking through each photo and found ourselves saying "I love this one!" over and over again.
In 50 years, our wedding photos will still be beautiful, tasteful, and just remarkable. The value in Doug's work is his ability to capture the "feeling" of each moment with truly timeless photos that are also contemporary and creative. We cannot thank him enough for giving us the perfect photographic story of our wedding day.

Private User
Recently Married

I cannot say enough great things about Doug, but I will do my best!

Lindsay
09/12/2014

I could be considered biased since Doug has been a friend of mine for more than 10 years, but researching wedding photographers (even though I knew from the start I wanted to hire Doug) proved that he is among the best in the market. Our wedding was small and relatively fuss-free, and working with Doug was equally easy. Midway through planning our wedding, my husband and I moved from Boston to Birmingham, AL, and Doug was professional and honest enough to send us a small refund for the difference in taxes. As a bride and groom spending money hand over fist, we appreciate that. On the wedding day itself, Doug was relaxed and went with the flow, which put us at ease and let us enjoy the day rather than feel like it had to be regimented and staged. We received a link to all of our images, as well as the USB containing the high-res, unwatermarked images, less than two weeks after the wedding. As we expected, they were filled with special, candid moments and completely captured the joy of the event. We couldn't be happier with the service, the booking/payment process, and the photos themselves. Thanks, Doug!

Services Used: Photography

Doug did a great job of beautifully capturing the little moments that made our wedding memorable. He took some gorgeous candid portraits of our guests, and helped keep even the non-candid group shots fun, fast, and easy. Everything flowed smoothly and never felt staged or contrived, which was absolutely our goal. He was also always extremely responsive and easy to work with. We definitely recommend him!

Matthew
08/24/2014

Quality of Service: Doug's pictures and the manner in which his work-product is presented are both beautiful and polished.
Responsiveness: No other vendor was as responsive as Doug. He fully responded to every inquiry my wife, father-in-law, or myself made, and usually within minutes.
Professionalism: Doug and his team demonstrated veteran professionalism from day 1. He is timely, efficient, responsive, always prepared, courteous, and congenial.
Value: We could not be more content with Doug's work-product/cost proposition.
Flexibility: My wife and I had very hectic schedules leading up to the wedding, and Doug was always able to work around them, from last minute conference calls to last minute engagement shoots.

Christina
07/26/2014

Doug definitely deserves a 5/5 rating. He was so timely with emails, and an awesome person to talk with. Totally down to earth and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone! On our wedding day, he (and his assistants) were all so efficient and considerate, we are able to enjoy all of cocktail hour all the while getting in every picture we wanted. He knew what pictures we wanted (having talked multiple times prior to the wedding) that I didn't even have to worry about it that night. Also important to note: The fact that we got our finished pictures while we were still on our honeymoon absolutely floored us. We had our proofs within days, our USB drive with pictures within 2 weeks, and our finished photo album within 3 weeks! (Not to mention it's "busy season!") The quality of every picture was spectacular and I'm so happy we went with Doug as our photographer.

Services Used: Photography

Doug is extremely professional and fun to work with photographer. We stole him from friends of ours that got married the previous year and liked how he was able to capture special moments throughout the ceremony and reception. Doug is very prompt in answering any questions you may have throughout the wedding planning process. He works with you individually to create the style of photos you prefer. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Doug and his wife on the day of our wedding and could not be happier with the photos of our special day.