Catering by Chef Charlie

• Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 7 Reviews
Met with Charlie and was very impressed with his passion for his profession. He came through with flying colors, food was amazing, his presentation was amazing and got lots of compliments on the menu. He even sabered a bottle of champagne for us which was awesome. My only two comments are that he is hard to get responses from until your wedding is closer. The other, I hate blue cheese and told him I didn't want it anywhere ... it was on the salads. Ewe. Minor in the scheme of things but just a note. He really is passionate about his job, I love that.
Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
"Chef Charlie is a legend" to quote one of our wedding guests. That is not hyperbole. The man is truly legendary. His food is akin to an out of body experience. His charm and humor are incomparable. We have never met someone more passionate about his job and food than this man. He has become a part of the family and we are glad to have had him at our special day.
Wedding: 11/30/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Anonymous 10 Reviews
We used chef Charlie for our wedding few weeks ago out at Thacher winery. Greg & I met with Charlie 9 months before our event, he took the time to prepare several dishes for us to sit with him & taste, they were all fabulous !! He is very passionate about his food & is a great guy!! He was very helpful when it came time to select our final menu& food choices. Our guests loved the food choices & everything was great!!! We would recommend Charlie , he is so knowledgeable about foods & knows what works best for your event. There was only 1 little issue about no ice for our cold beverage ceremony on a warm day but we never new about it until the next day when some family members told us about it but we survived that hook up lol. thank you Charlie for helping make our wedding day so special!! Kim & Greg
Hi Greg and Kim,
Thank you so much for the review. It was a pleasure working with you for your special day. I apologize for the ice issue, i had ice delivery scheduled for two that day and unfortunnately the showed an hour later three quarters through the preceremony beverages as guest were showing up. our new policy is to send ice with the set up crew to avoid any more mishaps like that. thank you for your understanding. I hope to see you again on your next visit to the central coast.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you want the most amazing food you will ever have at a wedding, and quite frankly the most amazing meal period, you need to stop your search for a caterer here and contact Chef Charlie today. I cannot even begin to thank Chef Charlie enough for the incredible meal and service he provided for our wedding. His staff is amazing and we received endless comments from our guests about the quality of the meal. My husband still talks about the sambuca shrimp he tasted months back before our wedding date and probably (ok hopefully, haha) second to the actual marriage, this was what he was most excited about.

When I first contacted Charlie, I was deflated after many failed attempts to receive responses from other catering vendors in the area. He spoke to me for about 45 minutes and went over several details and in the end even mentioned that if we did not use him, we were welcome to contact him with questions or advice. This is not someone who pushes through a million events a year, this is someone who genuinely and passionately cares about what he does and the service he provides. He went out of his way to educate and inform us of several options.

Chef Charlie's personalized service and amazing talent for great food made our wedding day truly amazing. Any bride and groom would be beyond pleased with his service.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie seems more like a family member than our caterer. The care and creativity he and his staff showed at our Wedding is something we had never experienced. Our Wedding was like a culinary event, beautifully prepared and presented. The personal touch of him presenting of the menu we selected and how it reflected our courtship was something we had never experienced and so much fun. Our guests raved about the delicious appetizers and generous portions and flavor of the entrees. We planned our Wedding from outside the state and the extra level of service he and his staff provided with referrals for other vendors, procurement of beverages and set up was so helpful and greatly appreciated. We can't wait for our anniversary to return to Paso Robles for our anniversary dinner. Chef Charlie thank you for being such an important part of an unforgettable Wedding. Cheers !!
Catering by Chef Charlie responded with the following comments:
Oh my goodness. I enjoyed working with you both and being a part of your wedding day. Everything turned out beautifull. My staff and I wish you both the very, very best!

Fondly,
Chef Chef Charlie
Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie was truly amazing! We didn't want the traditional seated meal for our wedding and he was very open to help us create the experience we had envisioned. The food, service and experience Chef Charlie provided was fantastic!! All of our guests commented how great the food was. We had such an amazing experience we can't wait to have another event so we can hire Chef Charlie to cater it!!!
Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
o charlie! my husband used to work for charlie so there was no question about choosing our caterer. bottom line, six months after the wedding I still have guests remembering the food. It's that good. You will not be disappointed. He will and can do anything your heart desires. He is knowledgeable and passionate. He will even help you out with other vendors! He gave us advice on locations, rentals, helped us pair wine.... charlie is awesome!
Wedding: 09/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We could not have been happier with our experience working with Chef Charlie. From our first meeting for the food tasting to our wedding dining service, Chef Charlie and his team exceeded all our expectations. Chef Charlie himself is an extremely warm, kind, and happy man, extremely inviting and sociable. During the tasting, he was extremely good company, his talent with food is top notch, and he was eager to collaborate and listen to our ideas and suggestions for menu adjustments. In the days leading up to the wedding, Chef Charlie was an asset, going above and beyond his call of duty, even helping out in areas outside his responsibility. He helped us source great fresh foods for our rehearsal picnic, came early the day before and helped coordinate the set up of the rentals, and even made a site visit for us when we could not make it up to the area for the outdoor bathroom rentals. The wedding dinner service was AMAZING. I know we're biased, but it's hands down the best food we've ever been served at a wedding. You could tell there was great care taken in picking the freshest ingredients, the preparation of the food, and the service. To this day, several months after the wedding, our friends and family still talk about how good the food was. Chef Charlie was an integral part to making our special day as perfect as it was, and a 5/5 star rating doesn't really do him justice.
Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie did a wonderful job with both food and service. He crafted a specific menu, attended to dietary needs while still maintaining excellent and creative quality.
Wedding: 06/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Charlie was an absolute pleasure to work with and prepared by far the best food I've ever had at a wedding. He was flexible with options and prepared a fantastic family style meal (caprese salad, grilled flat iron steak, Tuscan-style chicken, butternut squash raviolis, and roasted vegetables) that our friends still rave about today. The food was served piping hot and the family-style meal made the reception even more intimate (which made for very happy and full guests). In addition to the fabulous meal, Charlie prepared delicious appetizers for the cocktail hour. All of this was done at a very reasonable price. I would recommend Charlie without hesitation for a wedding or any event where you might want good food.
Wedding: 05/28/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We could not have had a better caterer than Chef Charlie. Many of our friends from LA said they had never had better food at a wedding.
Catering by Chef Charlie responded with the following comments:
Hello Roxanne, Thank you for taking the time to review our services. In an effort to better ourselves and the job we do I'm curious to recieve any input on how we could make improvements to our service, quality and value. I'm sincere in this mission and your comments or suggestions are more than welcome.
Best Regards,
Chef Charlie
Wedding: 04/30/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie did a magnificent job with our reception. He was responsive to our needs and wants as far as our menu went and made sure to provide something remarkable that also fit our price. Charlie was friendly and his food was great. We had a few children at our event and he even provided meals tailored to their younger needs. I would recommend Charlie for any event.
Wedding: 10/23/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie was fantastic! Our food was delicious. Our guests are still talking about it! No question about it - Chef Charlie knows how to create a wonderful menu. He really incorporated what was important to us - using as much local and organic food as possible. I am vegetarian and so were a lot of our guests. One of my biggest compaints about catering is that the vegetarians always get left out or are an after thought. Chef Charlie created such a yummy menu for vegetarians and meat-eaters. Everyone was pleased!
Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie's catering was the highlight of my daughter's wedding weekend. He catered brunch for family and close friends the morning after the wedding. The food was delicious, his staff was warm and friendly, he was personally very fun to have as part of the morning, and my home and back yard were cleaner when he left than when he arrived. I should have more parties so he can cater!
Wedding: 09/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie's food is absolutely amazing. Our guests definitely did not go home hungry after our wedding! Chef Charlie is very easy to work with and has spectacular food. We were able to meet with him on multiple occassions without feeling as if we were intruding! He made us a sample of our main course to make sure it was exactly what we were looking for. On top of the great meal, he has wonderful staff to help make the day go even smoother. If you're looking for great food and service, go with Chef Charlie.
Wedding: 08/07/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Charlie desereves 5 stars in every aspect of his food! It is so amazing and he is so professional and great to work with! Everyone at the wedding said the food was hands down the best food they had EVER had at a wedding and I was so proud to have him as our caterer. I can't rave enough about how delicious his food is and it is surprisingly decent in price! The only thing I can even complain about is that it is difficult to get ahold of him because he's so busy so if you are a control freak like me then that is frustrating but that was it and he is worth the wait! I wish someone else I know would have him as their caterer because I didn't get to eat a lot at my wedding and I want to eat more of his food!
Catering by Chef Charlie responded with the following comments:
Thank you so very much. Get ahold of me when you are in the area and I will gladly make you both dinner.
Blessings and best wishes to you both.
Your Chef,
Charlie
Wedding: 07/11/2010
 805-975-6313
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire