Plated, Buffet, Stations, Family Style

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Taste Catering

"Innovative Cuisine & Superior Service"
IN GOOD TASTE CATERING
"Innovative Cuisine & Superior Service" Our philosophy is that each event we cater is as unique as each customer. Because of this…we don’t have set menus and we create everything from scratch. Before each event, our Owner & Executive Chef Gretchen LeMiere or one of her trained staff will meet with you to create your specialized menu and event plans.     Gretchen LeMiere was born and raised on California’s Central Coast. After receiving her Culinary Arts Degree from the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco, Gretchen spent 2 years honing her skills at various restaurants in the city-by-the-bay. She then moved to San Diego to become the Banquet Chef at the world famous Sheraton Grande Torrey Pines in La Jolla. Gretchen moved back to San Luis Obispo and opened In Good Taste Catering in 1999. Since then, we have continued to grow and are now considered the premiere caterer for numerous venues and clients throughout San Luis Obispo & Santa Barbara counties.    For more detailed menu and company information, please visit our website at www.igtcatering.com.   Thank you again for the opportunity and we look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in creating a memorable event.      IN GOOD TASTE
Catering

Stations (1)
Mediterranean (1)
Spanish (1)
Champagne Toast (1)

The food at our wedding was phenomenal. I have eaten at Taste's restaurant before so I knew the food would be good, but their catering manager Elaine was the one who really solidified the decision that they were the right caterer for us. Elaine has been in the business for many years and combined with her outgoing personality you know that she's going to handle your event and do it right. We had a wonderful tasting at the restaurant to finalize our menu and the food on the wedding day tasted exactly the same, no surprises. We had a cheese display, passed appetizers, and a buffet. In addition to the food, all of the Taste event staff were professional and so lovely to be around. The bartender even remembered everyone's drink orders the next time they came to the bar. I would highly recommend Taste to anyone looking for a caterer for their event.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/28/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Vegan

Elaine was such a pleasure to work with for my 7/15/17 wedding! She was very helpful leading up to the day and personally made sure everything was in order, including helping with rentals. We used to frequent the restaurant so were already familiar with their amazing food but they went above and beyond on the day of. Everything tasted great and we got tons of compliments from our guests. All of the staff they had were also awesome. We couldn't recommend Taste enough if you want great food for a reasonable cost.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

From the moment I inquired about Taste's services for our wedding, I knew I was in capable hands!

Elaine is one of the most professional, organized and friendly people I have met in the process of wedding planning. It is incredibly obvious that she has both talent and passion for events. I'm so impressed by Elaine and love her energy and spirit!

On a rather hectic rehearsal dinner afternoon, Elaine and her team pull up, she sees me kind of frantically laying tablecloths and said something like "No, I'm here now. You go get ready and relax, get ready to have fun". Honestly, the most soothing thing I heard that morning. THANK YOU, ELAINE!

The food is great and the whole team including the bartenders were wonderful. The one snafoo was that our beautiful wedding cake never got sliced or served! :( Oh well, still five stars all around for Taste!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Vegan, American, Spanish, Mediterranean, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

Taste Catering FAQ

My Photo Album

10 Photos
220x220 sq 1231453173765 edna32
220x220 sq 1231453607875 edna09
220x220 sq 1231510159076 details(287)
220x220 sq 1231510269670 details(296)
220x220 sq 1231510366373 details(304)
220x220 sq 1231510520404 edna10
220x220 sq 1231510697561 edna03
220x220 sq 1231510864248 edna07
220x220 sq 1231511008873 workphotos014
220x220 sq 1231511123717 workphotos020

5 ENDORSEMENTS
In Good Taste Catering has delicious food and great service.

Delicious food, beautiful presentation, professional staff...these are the many reasons that I recommend In Good Taste to my couples seeking a caterer. This company is VERY service-oriented and has a "can do" attitude. The chef's culinary skills are amazing. While IGT has wonderful menu options to choose from, they can also create any dish you desire. I have had couples with many different unique ethnic needs and they have always been "wowed" by this catering company's ability to create these unusual dishes. Taffy Gonzalez, Owner of All Traditions Wedding Coordination, Invitations & Linen Rentals

Gretchen, Elaine and the entire In Good Taste Team are FANTASTIC!!! They not only produce high-quality, beautiful and delicious food....but they do it all with personality. They are by far one of Vina Robles' favorite caterers.

I have worked with "In Good Taste Catering" many times and their service and food is Great! DJ Del Entertainment Now www.weddingdj.net

A great company with a great reputation. We have done many events together and have always been impressed. -Beau Kramer, Kramer Entertainment Inc.

225 Tank Farm Road Suite 2, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   See On Map
805-541-5860 (phone) 805-541-5826 (fax)