Artistique Weddings and Special Events

Artistique Weddings and Special Events

Favorite
Sumter, SC
803.565.0924
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

2.5
Private User
1 Review
[Private]
0.0

We first found Artistique weddings and special events using theknot.com and other wedding websites. We are getting married in Hilton Head SC and needed a wedding planner to help us since we are from out of town. We booked her in July and by the beginning of December **** from Artistique became hard to contact not returning emails or phone calls. Absolutely nothing has been planned for our wedding up to this point other than the date that we picked. We feel that we have given her ample time to produce something, but we have only been shown venues that were out of our budget and nothing else. Since then we have requested to cancel our contract and a full refund due to lack of services provided. She has refused saying that what we paid her was a nonrefundable fee. In our contract the payment was never called a retainer fee. She requested that we pay in full at the time of the contract because she gave us a discounted rate. she made no mention of us only paying for the retainer fee at that time. We paid by check. In no communication was our payment ever called a retainer fee regardless of the price she set for us to pay in full. We have had her hired for five months and she produced no results. never communicated any issues about contacting us or us being out of town. She knew we were on a budget and is now wants to keep all our money. We found a couple other reviews on other wedding websites that sited the same problem. She seems very nice and easily contactable prior to paying her then she becomes more distant and would never get back with us.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Sara was absolutely wonderful to work with! We got most of our stuff done for the wedding towards the end, which was the only thing I didn't like. I was a busy nursing student, mom, and full-time employee so I wanted to do much of my stuff on my breaks. However, she helped plan the absolute best most perfect wedding I could ever imagine!
It was everything I wanted, plus more!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
0.5

Please DO NOT use this vendor unless you want to take a risk! Sara may be cheaper than a lot of the other weddings planners but sometimes you pay for what you get. It’s 50/50. You may get her when she is on top of her game, or you may get her when she is overburdened and can’t handle her responsibilities. Sara was my 1st wedding planner and would go several weeks before responding to your emails or calling you back. After several months of this, I had my final straw when she didn’t show up for my first venue visit. I was an out of town bride so it wasn’t like I could just reschedule right away. When I cancelled my services with her she refused to give me back my deposit even though she didn’t do any work! $600 is a lot of money to waste and if she had a heart she would return it regardless of the contract because she didn’t earn it. The next wedding planner I hired showed me what I was missing! I recommend Roxanne Price from “Marry Me Weddings”.

0.7

I signed a contract hiring Sara for her ‘From “Yes” to “I Do”’ package. These services included:
Create and organize budget
Monthly checklist package and email reminders
Unlimited consultations, emails and phone calls
Assist with booking, contract negotiation of all vendors
Review of invitation draft

Sara forgot about our very first consultation phone call. She texted 30 minutes later to say she had double-booked. It was a full week before I could get back on her calendar.

I never once received a monthly checklist package despite asking for updates. On Mar 26 (5 months after I hired her), I requested to see her checklist and received a generic planning checklist that she uses for her own tracking – not a personalized plan.

Sara was routinely difficult to reach and was hit-or-miss providing prompt responses. I understand there are other weddings that may have had priority at certain times, but I consider it to be common courtesy to return calls/emails within one to two days.

I expected Sara to be detail-oriented and highly organized. When she attempted to book my block hotels, I discovered she booked the wrong location on the wrong dates.

I sent her a proof of my invites for her to check the wording…2 weeks later she asked if I was doing an RSVP card. She had supposedly reviewed the wording for my invites and all enclosure cards a week prior.

Sara promised from the beginning that she had a vendor who would provide all décor, flowers, and lighting but failed to provide even a ballpark estimate on price. I waited 5 months and never received the quote. If the vendor was that overloaded, Sara should have used her industry connections and experience to find someone less busy.

In short – I was surprised and disappointed by the lack-luster service I received from a “full service wedding planner.” I hired her to relieve the stress of planning a destination wedding – no other aspect of my planning proved to be as stressful.

4.3

Overall, I enjoyed working with Sara. I used her mainly for wedding weekend and day-of coordination as my husband and I had already done most of the research and booking of our vendors. I thought she did a great job during the rehearsal and during the wedding itself. She kept everything flowing nicely and helped develop a good timeline for the ceremony and the rehearsal. I will say I did not feel like I had to worry about one thing on my wedding day as she took care of all the vendor coordination and helping with the decor. She even broke down our music set-up after the reception and took it to her studio for us to pick up at our convenience so we didn't have to think about it that night (we provided our own music system). Her weaker point is her responsiveness. Sometimes I found it difficult to get in touch with her and to schedule/keep appointments. While I can't comment on her full-event planning, I can say Sara is the best thing we did for a stress-free wedding day.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I were planning an out of town wedding. I am a teacher and a bit of an organization freak. I had a lot of nerves about doing things out of town and not having the ability to run down and fix things if things went wrong. We knew we needed help when it came to the big day and searched for the perfect planner. We knew we found the right person when we chatted with Sara. Sara worked hard to make all of our wedding dreams come true. She kept things organized and quelled each of our fears as the day approached. We were in touch on a very regular basis to ensure that all of our bases were covered. She offered multiple options for each choice we had to make and pros and cons for each option. We had very honest conversations as we went through the process as to our budget, overall look and feel of the wedding and what our priorities were. Throughout the process, Sara was warm and wonderful to work with. She became fast friends with my family, husband and myself. I felt an immediate sense of calm upon meeting her when we started the planning process. This continued through the last few minutes before the ceremony. My husband and I only have praise for the work that Sara did in creating our dream wedding. We miss talking to her so regularly already! Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made in our planning process.

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago
0.0

I hired Artistique weddings on 8/4/14 for my wedding schedule for 5/2/2015 after a great conversation with her on the phone. I sent her my information for the deposit along with information of bands, photographers, and florist that were under consideration for her to get more information and prices. The contract (as well as Sara) stated that she would deal with all vendors including booking and all other aspects that I needed her to. I booked "The Complete Package" so that everything from the budget to vendors to décor and timeline could be taken care of and I didn't have to worry while working a full time job and moving a business. I was assured she would handle it all and help me navigate every step.

Fast forward 6 weeks and every call I have made had gone unreturned. I have tried continuously to get in touch with her and she has not updated me on progress or even called me back in that time. I am now working with Capital One to try to get my deposit back and have hired another coordinator to take the reigns. Please do yourself a favor and look for a coordinator with professionalism and ethics.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Very organized and knowledgeable about all things wedding. Sara knows it all! I talked to other so called wedding planners in the area and she is by far the most experienced and professional. She really is the best planner around! I don't know if I coould have made it through the wedding planning process without her!