Artistique Weddings and Special Events
Be Excited. Be Inspired. Be Artistique.
1250 Monterey Dr

4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Overall, I enjoyed working with Sara. I used her mainly for wedding weekend and day-of coordination as my husband and I had already done most of the research and booking of our vendors. I thought she did a great job during the rehearsal and during the wedding itself. She kept everything flowing nicely and helped develop a good timeline for the ceremony and the rehearsal. I will say I did not feel like I had to worry about one thing on my wedding day as she took care of all the vendor coordination and helping with the decor. She even broke down our music set-up after the reception and took it to her studio for us to pick up at our convenience so we didn't have to think about it that night (we provided our own music system). Her weaker point is her responsiveness. Sometimes I found it difficult to get in touch with her and to schedule/keep appointments. While I can't comment on her full-event planning, I can say Sara is the best thing we did for a stress-free wedding day.
Wedding: 05/25/2014
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I were planning an out of town wedding. I am a teacher and a bit of an organization freak. I had a lot of nerves about doing things out of town and not having the ability to run down and fix things if things went wrong. We knew we needed help when it came to the big day and searched for the perfect planner. We knew we found the right person when we chatted with Sara. Sara worked hard to make all of our wedding dreams come true. She kept things organized and quelled each of our fears as the day approached. We were in touch on a very regular basis to ensure that all of our bases were covered. She offered multiple options for each choice we had to make and pros and cons for each option. We had very honest conversations as we went through the process as to our budget, overall look and feel of the wedding and what our priorities were. Throughout the process, Sara was warm and wonderful to work with. She became fast friends with my family, husband and myself. I felt an immediate sense of calm upon meeting her when we started the planning process. This continued through the last few minutes before the ceremony. My husband and I only have praise for the work that Sara did in creating our dream wedding. We miss talking to her so regularly already! Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made in our planning process.
Wedding: 02/01/2014
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I chose Sara as my wedding planner because of the excellent review she received on this site. The grammatical errors in her contract, and her suggestion I send her a second deposit to "pay in full early" should have been red flags.
From the start, Sara was disorganized and forgetful. She blew off our first phone call to plan my destination wedding. Her contract promised to send monthly updates and checklists, but instead I was always reminding her that it was time to book vendors and make decisions. I ended up negotiating all of my vendor contracts after a disastrous interaction with my photographer. She uses a friend of hers to provide décor and flowers. After months of waiting on a quote (just a ballpark estimate for the cost), Sara told me she had no control over that vendor’s schedule and that I would have to be patient. I believe 5 months of waiting was fair…it was time to move on and find someone less overwhelmed rather than treat me like an impatient pest.
After 7 months, I assessed my situation and realized that all but one contract had been negotiated by me, and that most of the design, ideas and logistics planning had been my own. I would give her an idea my fiancé and I had thought of, and then she would go pin it on Pinterest. I thought the process would work in reverse since she is supposedly the “professional.”
I kept giving her second chances, but after months of frustration and stress, I made the decision to let her go before more damage could be done. It’s one of the best decisions I’ve made thus far.
Don’t let her sweet disposition or discount price fool you into hiring her…she’s in way over her head and does not live up to very modest and reasonable expectations. BUYER BEWARE!
Wedding: 10/12/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I hired Artistique weddings on 8/4/14 for my wedding schedule for 5/2/2015 after a great conversation with her on the phone. I sent her my information for the deposit along with information of bands, photographers, and florist that were under consideration for her to get more information and prices. The contract (as well as Sara) stated that she would deal with all vendors including booking and all other aspects that I needed her to. I booked "The Complete Package" so that everything from the budget to vendors to décor and timeline could be taken care of and I didn't have to worry while working a full time job and moving a business. I was assured she would handle it all and help me navigate every step.

Fast forward 6 weeks and every call I have made had gone unreturned. I have tried continuously to get in touch with her and she has not updated me on progress or even called me back in that time. I am now working with Capital One to try to get my deposit back and have hired another coordinator to take the reigns. Please do yourself a favor and look for a coordinator with professionalism and ethics.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Very organized and knowledgeable about all things wedding. Sara knows it all! I talked to other so called wedding planners in the area and she is by far the most experienced and professional. She really is the best planner around! I don't know if I coould have made it through the wedding planning process without her!
Wedding: 08/27/2011
 803-565-0924
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire