American Commodore Tuxedo

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

were very helpful and accomidating

Re_beck_a
[Private]
0.9

We registered our wedding at the North Olmsted store. When we registered we were told they had navy suits to rent. We went to the store in December to pick out the suit. We were told by one of the sales people that they no longer carry them. I called the store the next day and was told the same thing. We went back to the store in January and they not only had navy suits but also navy tuxes. We changed the color of the bridesmaid dresses because we couldn't get navy suits. When we started looking at the other suits, the sales person was new and not helpful. She kept asking her coworkers questions. The other people working were too busy sitting behind the counter to help her. I asked 3 times how much the suits would cost and was never given a straight answer. We left the store and will be going somewhere else.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My husband already owned his own tuxedo, so we only used American Commodore to rent tuxes for the groomsmen. We only had one fit problem, but that groomsman was measured by another company out of state, so I don't fault AC for that error. The tuxes were clean, fit pretty well and we got them for a good deal because of how many we were renting. I would use American Commodore again.

Recently Married

The staff at American Commodore Tuxedo in Mentor was fabulous. From our first visit in January 2015 to the time we picked up our tuxedos in June 2015, we interacted with several friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable representatives in the store.

We initially chose a different tuxedo company to rent our tuxedos for our wedding. After our first meeting with the other company, and being deeply dissatisfied with what they call “service,” we switched to American Commodore and it was well worth it. The ladies at American Commodore took our measurements correctly the first time (the other company, after 5 tries, could not manage to take any measurement correctly) and they did a wonderful job with all of our wedding party and parents with their tuxedo fittings.

We came in during our initial visit to explain what sort of style and color options we were thinking about, and within a half hour, the sales representative had gathered all of our outfits and dressed them on the mannequin for us to see what it would look like. We were also allowed to take pictures so we could have them as a reference. We made our decisions that day and everything was ready and entered into the computers before we left the store.

We loved the free groom preview and also how convenient it was to allow our out of town wedding party members to pick up at a different location.

On the day of our pick up, everything went smoothly. Our tuxes came in a day earlier than expected. The only problem that seemed to occur was one of our pairs of shoes was not the right size (during our groom preview months earlier we had all correctly sized items). The representative re-ordered the correct pair and they were available for pick up the very next day.

1.1

The groom and groomsmen looked very handsome the day of the wedding, but there were multiple issues. I will never ever go back here again. They are as follows:
- Groom and Best Man tux were not ready until the day of the wedding, despite being told that they would be completed and available the day before at noon. They stopped in at 3 and weren't ready.
- The groom and groomsmen were all supposed to receive socks and cuff links with their tuxes. Only 1 person received socks. No one received cuff links.
- The gentleman working took the wrong sized measurements for the groom and the father of the groom. Thankfully there was a groom try on. They insisted (without looking at the groom in the jacket) that it was the correct size. My husband insisted that the jacket was 2 sizes too big. It was.
- My mother-in-law went to return the tuxes to American Commodore and was met with rude hostility when she approached the manager with these issues. He insisted that she was incorrect.

As I said, the products that were received looked nice, but the service was appalling...DO NOT GO THERE

Recently Married

We got the perfect tuxes from here.

Recently Married

It was great service, tuxedos were on point.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

American Commodore Tuxedo was the perfect tuxedo store for my attire. I received dozens of compliments from my wedding guests asking where I got my tux. American Commodore offered a slimmed fit tux that looked awesome on the groomsmen. They also gave us a discount of 3 tuxes free for my order of 15 tuxes. Finally, I really wanted bow ties that the groomsmen could tie on there own and they were the only tux place that offered this feature. The American Commodore team was very professional and helped all of my groomsmen with every detail.
I highly recommend American Commodore!

Recently Married

It was a perfect tuxedo, I literally got laid that night. Regardless that it was my wedding, I'm moderately confident that she added a little extra zest due to this well fitted tux. No worries, I respect the suit and discarded prior. Thanks for a memorable night. Forever in my heart. M

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The new manager at the Niles location was great. They had a ton of color options and plenty of modern options for tuxedos. Picking up two days before the event was such a plus because of our rehearsal dinner and one of my groomsmen gained a little weight so we had to get a bigger jacket, which was a process they made very easy. They were very professional and knew what they were doing.

Adam/Dana
10/18/2014

The whole staff was great to work with. No matter how many questions we had they always made sure we had all the answers before we left the store. They worked with us on the price of the Tuxes since we were paying for all 10 of them. It put our mind at ease knowing that everything was taken care of and we didn't have to worry come the day of the wedding.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Highly recommend American Commodore! They did an excellent job with everything. Everyone in the Mentor store was so helpful and were eager to help! We had one of our groomsmen who lives out of town get measured in his hometown by a shop and when he came to try his on the measurements were all wrong. The friendly staff went out that day and got him the right measurements! Mind you, this was only two days before the wedding! The choices of colors and styles were endless! The tuxes looked AMAZING on all of the men! Thank you, American Commodore! We have recommended you to family and friends. :)

0.2

Went to American Commodore for the Groom, Groomsmen, and the Fathers. You would think that they would be more helpful with ideas since this is what they do all day but that isn't true. We picked one of the newer tuxes with a slim fit and decided that we would do something different for the fathers since slim fit wouldn't be appropriate for them; including the fathers in a different color (fathers in black, everyone else in gray). Before we put the order in we confirmed with the sales man details of what we were ordering, double checking with them then that the fathers were in the black non slim fit; everything we thought was correct. Two days before the wedding we get a call from one of the father that their tux was not in the right color and was slim fit, WHAT? THIS WASN'T WHAT WE WANTED AT ALL. The sales person even told the father that the one he had on was indeed BLACK when it was GRAY; same exact one as the groomsmen standing next to him then. The father had to correct them on their own tux to let them know they are wrong. After the manager ticked my husband off I got on the phone. They manager then blamed this on us and stated they call and confirmed (which this call never happened). I stayed calm even after the manager being HIGHLY inappropriate. I was the one who had to say well it doesn't matter the changes just need to be made. The other father went into another location to pick up his changed tux now a day before the wedding and it didn't fit him AT ALL. He told he salesperson there that it didn't fit and all they did was tighten his pants with the strap, "YES IT DOES". HE was SWIMMING in his tux for my wedding day and all the pictures! I am highly disappointed with our service with them, would never suggest for a bride to go with them!

American Commodore Tuxedo responded with the following comments:

Hello Amy,
My name is Ray from American Commodore Tuxedo, I would like to see what happened with your wedding, can you respond with you maiden name or your married name so I can look everything up? I am sorry you had a bad experience and will look into what happened.

Recently Married

Our sales rep is awesome helped us pick the perfect outfit combinations

3.4

store mixed up our wedding date a few times and called over a month early to tell me everyone needed to get sized asap in addition to a groomsman's jacket size being wrong. The store did help get the jacket corrected the day of the wedding.

Aelisha
09/01/2014

Bill Blystone was a great help for my husband & I as we went back several times to change colors for the wedding party.