douglaslevy photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I can't stop saying incredible things about Doug. Every interaction I had with him before the wedding was professional and easy. He answered a ton of questions and graciously tolerated my nit picky lawyer fiancé. Doug's approach to wedding photography was exactly what we were looking for. He is a great story teller who captures what happened on the day, rather than staging what wedding photos should look like. On the day of his calming presence was the perfect compliment to the sometimes frantic energy. Even though I'd only met Doug once before the wedding, he was completely at ease with me, my family and friends and never felt like an outsider. He arrived early to check out the property for photos, traipsed around in muck to find good photo spots, and reassured me with his very precise weather radar that the rain was going to cooperate. Doug did the perfect job of being there for all the moments I'd want captured- I remember seeing him out of the corner of my eye- but he was never intrusive.

I simply couldn't imagine having a better photographer... and I haven't even seen the photos yet (because I asked him to wait until after we got back from our honeymoon). He showed me a couple shots on his camera throughout the day- and I have every confidence in the world that they are amazing!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Ayer, MA 01432
BLOG

new england wedding photographer - douglaslevy photography

Things Doug thinks you should know about Doug...

Doug spent six years umpiring professional baseball.

Doug started umpiring Little League games when he was 13.

Doug believes in clean post-production, and that your wedding images are too important to fall victim to the hot Photoshop trends of the moment.

Doug also believes that your photos should show who you are, not just what you look like.

Doug thinks that if you ever find yourself in Birmingham, you need to eat barbeque at Jim 'n Nicks.

Speaking of traveling, in 2012 Doug photographed weddings in every state in New England.

Doug thinks it's silly when photographers separate their "personal" and "professional" work.

All of Doug's work is his personal work.

He also thinks more is not necessarily always better. Better is better.

Doug thinks everything tastes better with hot sauce. Except for cereal, that would be weird.

If you look closely during your first dance, there's a good chance Doug is singing along to himself. Which would be quite embarrassing if the power ever went out.

That's why Doug can't tell you what specific photos he'll make at your wedding.

Doug also knows that there is a Bruce Springsteen song for every occasion.

Including the recessional at his own 2011 wedding.

Doug shot his first wedding in 2007 on Cape Cod.

Details