Angerra
VIP August 2019

Yay! 6 months!

Angerra, on February 11, 2019 at 7:46 AM Posted in Planning 0 68
Saved Save
Hi All!

Yesterday was the 6 month mark until our wedding! I am so excited! Little sad because the planning process has slowed down a lot.

We have our major vendors booked and ready to go (venue, catering is in house, florist, DJ, officiant, photographer, and photo booth). Our honeymoon is booked and paid off, thanks to my parents!

This week, I'll be scheduling our first cake tasting, yum, and we're having our engagement photos taken on Saturday. Our friend was supposed to take them in September but she flaked so we're taking them a little late. We have a meeting with our venue on 3/2 to discuss the menu and overall progress. I have my hair trial scheduled for 3/23. So things are moving right along!

We still have to order our invitations, buy flower girl dresses for our daughters, and I have to buy his wedding band and my accessories. I'm not sure right now what else I'm missing but I know there's minor stuff that still has to be done.

Where is everyone else with their planning?! How many days do you have left? Hope it's all going smoothly!

68 Comments

• Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Yayyyy! I have all the major vendors down (photographer, music performer). I still need to book an officiant, hair and makeup artist. My date is about two months after yours.
  • Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

You sound like you're right on track; even ahead! Woo hoo!

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

Do not fret things slowing down, before you know it things will be flying past you at the speed of light Smiley laugh at least that's how it feels right now at a little more than 2 months out.

• Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·
    • Flag
    I have 6 months left too! Right now the biggest things still left are to do our registry and get rings, as well as write our ceremony and completely finalize our guest list/start sending out the invitations which we already purchased. Bridal party and groom/groomsmen still need their outfits, but that’s up to them. I still need a flower girl dress and to ask my flower girl, too. I’m starting to think about my hair trial, but I’m still growing out my hair so I’m going to hold off on that one longer. There’s more left to do but I can’t remember it all. Ahhh! I’ve been so on top of it for so long but now it’s starting to feel more overwhelming.
  • Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

Congrats!!!! We're around the 6 month mark too. I understand completely, because it's a destination wedding we can't really do anything else until we go to our planning weekend in April. We still haven't had our engagement photos yet! Lol.

Our invites and most paper goods that I designed are done, save the dates were sent last month, and important vendors booked (Rabbi, DJ, day-of-coordinator, venue). Still figuring out catering, which has been the most daunting process. Just figuring out hair/makeup with trials now since everyone is booking up FAST.

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's almost our turn!
    Do you have vendors in mind for the remaining that you have to book?
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, I sure hope so!!
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I definitely believe you because time has been flying already! I can't even believe we're now just under the 6 month mark. We have so much planned within the next month; I feel like that always speeds up time when you have things to look forward to.
    Do you have anything left to do?
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yay, you're 6 days before me! How exciting!
    Somehow our guest list keeps growing little by little. I need to put a stop to that lol.
    When do you plan on sending your invitations? I was thinking at the end of May; we sent our STDs out in October.
    I told my ladies to order their dresses by April. It would just give me more peace of mind knowing that they have them and are not waiting until the last minute.
    My FFIL is our officiant and we briefly discussed the ceremony on NYE so the next time he comes over we'll talk about it more.
    Do you have an idea of how you would like your hair?
    I think it's a little nerve wrecking now that we're down to the small tasks because I really don't want to forget anything!
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Congratulations to you as well!
    Do you plan to have engagement photos taken? I was over it until our photographer said he'll include the session in his price; ok why not?! Haha.
    What kind of food are you leaning towards?
  • Michelle
    VIP December 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I have 10 months to go! I have the venue,planner and photographer,and cake. I still need invitations, my dress, bridesmaids dresses, flower girl dresses. Am I missing anything???

• Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was thinking end of May too, beginning of June at the very latest since my RSVP date is July 1st. I might send a few out earlier in May for long distance folks. We didn't do STDs but I've been keeping the people who'll need to travel far in the loop. My fiance's uncle is (hopefully) going to be our officiant, so we're planning to write a ceremony that suits us and look it over with him. I do know how I want my hair! I want it in a long, loose braid since it'll show my curls some without getting too hot or frizzy in the August heat. I've got a flower comb I want to wear in it too, no veil. I'll attach pics of my hair inspo and my comb because why not, haha. I hope the next six months goes smoothly for you! I'm sure it will Smiley smile

Yay! 6 months! 1

Yay! 6 months! 2

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally! Keeping busy makes the time fly! Ever since the new year started we’ve been focusing on knocking things out for the wedding and it’s making it seem like time is going so much faster! All we have are small things now, tying up loose ends, buying last minute things, etc.
  • Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I would like to have engagement photos taken, but might not depending on the budget.

We are looking into catering mixed BBQ grill - more Texas/Missouri BBQ with smoked and grilled meats a la carte with vegetables and assorted sides. You?

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    BBQ is always a good idea!
    We'll be having a 4 course plated meal. We're thinking of having prime rib, grilled salmon, and chicken francaise as the main entrees.
  • Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    23 days left for me! Finishing all last minute details that seems to never end. Just started packing and getting all vendors final invoices ready.
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Do you have your florist & officiant? Will you have any ceremony musicians?
    I can't exactly remember, but are you have a DJ or using a playlist?
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is so exciting, Yoice!!
    Are you nervous at all or ready to marry your man?!
  • Katey
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Katey ·
    • Flag

We are getting married August 3rd, so just under 6 months for us now! I have all the major things booked. I have venue, photog, officiant, flowers, dj/lighting/photobooth, dresses for bridesmaids, my dress, hairdresser etc.

I just did my first hair trial, and got my first dress fitting scheduled for April. I'm in the process of scheduling cake tastings now, and am meeting with a travel agent on 3/9.

I feel like I am starting to fall behind even with all that I have gotten done!

• C
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Corinne ·
    • Flag

This is all so exciting!! We have most of our major vendors selected. I have one more hair/makeup trial and hoping to make a decision next week and we just hired a photobooth last night! Deposit on the honeymoon is paid we are just going to keep chipping away at the full cost and have to book our flights! So hard to figure out when is the best time to do that (its going to be in October, flights to Europe). Other than that we have a meeting with our florist end of March too and are trying to get moving on a few DIY projects and picking out the invites. I haven't seen anything I LOVE yet so I will keep searching and potentially considering if we want to make our own.

Good luck to everyone, we've got this all of these weddings are going to be wonderful and at the end of the day you have a wonderful husband!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics