Planning

Join  group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Janicaellison
Postpone
Janicaellison, on January 13, 2022 at 6:47 PM

Hello Brides To Be…. I was wondering have y’all thought about Postpone y’all wedding date due to the Omicron Variant and are y’all scared that y’all guest want show up for y’all..wedding.A very Scared...

Stacy, Yesterday at 2:38 PM 81 1,819 2
Michelle
Older couples: did you feel more $ pressure?
Michelle, on January 25, 2022 at 12:04 PM

Another post got me thinking about societal pressure and how we are influenced. If you are older and having a first, second, or third marriage, do you feel pressured to have a bigger or more lavish...

Cece, Jan 27, 2022 24 305
Zanetah
Surprisingly difficult wedding tasks?
Zanetah, on January 17, 2022 at 5:50 PM

Hi Brides!! I am sooo happy it’s finally 2022 and my big day is only 8 months away! I am curious what tasks have been a pain for you? Maybe one you didn’t expect to be difficult. For me it was getting...

Gina, Jan 25, 2022 35 615
Cece
Chill Brides
Cece, Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Searching for my tribe!! The more I read about other peoples’ weddings and wedding planning processes, the more I am starting to feel like I am the odd (wo)man out. I guess I am what you would call a...

Ashley, 18 minutes ago 6 161
B
Scheduling bridals
Bride2Be, Yesterday at 5:17 PM

If I schedule my bridal portraits 2 weeks before the wedding, is that too close or should I schedule them earlier?

Bride2Be, 2 hours ago 4 52
Michelle
Unpopular planning opinions
Michelle, on January 27, 2022 at 5:25 PM

For example, among all the child free weddings, do you want kids in attendance? Or are you in favor of desserts only instead of a full dinner or say a margarita bar if that’s what your guests prefer...

Jeanette, 3 hours ago 9 180
Nay
Videography $$
Nay, on January 27, 2022 at 6:08 PM

I feel like at this point, everyone has kind of accepted the cost of videography but I just can't seem to make it work. Honestly, i have about 1k to put towards it, and I'm struggling to find anyone....

Jeanette, 4 hours ago 8 115
D
Juggling wedding planning and coursework writing
Dolores, Yesterday at 8:29 AM

Girls, I need your help. How do you manage to combine wedding planning an work/study? I plan to have a wedding soon, but my academic burden seems to be too heavy. I have to write a coursework and I'm...

Jeanette, 4 hours ago 2 57
B
Best place for Invites?
Bronwen & Ricardo, on January 26, 2022 at 5:12 PM

I need recommendations for the best place to get wedding invites! I don’t mind making them myself, but I don’t know if I should just get Costco cards and then make the rest myself? Or if anybody has...

Jacks, 4 hours ago 14 98
Janalee
Where do i start?
Janalee, Yesterday at 1:27 AM

Is there a timeline I should follow or what to do when!? I have a venue… That’s it 😭 We’re planning for January 2023, help!

Jacks, 4 hours ago 16 117
Anyone else alone in wedding excitement?
, Yesterday at 8:05 PM

I'm getting married 113 days! My fiance is slammed with school, because he's in the post-graduate program and student teaching, then spending each weekend with immense amount of lesson planning. My...

Jeanette, 4 hours ago 1 41
J
Tipping Vendors in unique situations - Help!
Jessica, Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Venue - we are getting married at a venue that is owned by a friend of mine and her husband. She has been amazing with guidance and she also acts as a day of planner - what would be an appropriate...

Jessica, Yesterday at 11:39 PM 18
Crystal
October 8th,2023
Crystal, Yesterday at 1:03 PM

Hello everybody! Just curious where is everyone at with planning. I always feel like I’m forgetting something.Currently I have all my vendors. I have all of my DIY Macrame projects done. Wedding...

Katie, Yesterday at 11:39 PM 1 22
Stacy
2022 September Brides - Has everyone sent out there save the dates
Stacy, on January 27, 2022 at 11:44 AM

I felt sooo behind getting my save the dates out but FINALLY they all shipped last week. Guys help me out am I still in a decent time frame?

Zanetah, Yesterday at 10:52 PM 18 160
Michelle
Invites out of obligation vs actually wanting them in attendance
Michelle, on January 27, 2022 at 7:05 PM

If you are paying for everything yourselves without assistance, how did you determine the guest list? Are you inviting people who don’t have any relationship with you or fiancé to share your day to...

Sarah, Yesterday at 8:38 PM 8 129
Leisha
Petit Four Films - Have You Used?
Leisha, on December 30, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Hi everyone! Newly engaged and planning my 6/12/21 wedding in the Hudson Valley, NY. Videography is very important to us, but so is keeping our budget. I have found Petit Four Films online and they...

Antione, Yesterday at 7:32 PM 31 1,814
Gracelynn33
Starting legal process of changing name
Gracelynn33, Yesterday at 11:45 AM

When did everyone start going through the legal process of changing your last name? Did you need a lawyer?

Elycia, Yesterday at 3:33 PM 3 86
christine
When a Wedding Guest Declines...does anyone else take it personal?
christine, on June 11, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Just curious how everyone feels when a guest declines. There have been a few people that I considered close to both me and my fiancé & have declined. We also went to one couples engagement party &...

Loretta, Yesterday at 3:23 PM 39 3,118
Deysi
Help picking a wedding photographer for a fall wedding please
Deysi, on January 22, 2022 at 11:05 AM

Hi fellow brides! so I can't decide between 2 photographers. Im getting married in the fall of 2023! I like light and airy but moody sometimes too. number 1 number 2 one is www.bluevphotography.com...

Elycia, Yesterday at 3:20 PM 4 57
R
January wedding & covid stress
Rachel, on December 17, 2021 at 8:54 PM

Anyone else getting married in the next month? We are requiring vaccines for our guests and providing masks but the number of breakthrough cases has me feeling super stressed. We are considering...

Maddie, Yesterday at 1:56 PM 46 1,026
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics