Planning

Join  group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Ashlee
How far ahead in advance did everyone book their photographer/videograper?
Ashlee, on January 8, 2022 at 11:23 PM

My fiancee and I currently in the process of making payments on the venue. The goal is to focus on that as well as attire first. Just wondering how soon in advance we should book...

Lunajay, Yesterday at 1:42 PM 30 598
Michelle
What is your one non negotiable must have item?
Michelle, on January 13, 2022 at 4:30 PM

What vendor/item/service did you absolutely not budge on?

Sarah, Yesterday at 12:13 PM 18 217
Brides on a budget
111107, on January 7, 2022 at 4:39 PM

Any brides with 5,000-10,000 budget? What are you excluding to save money and what are you keeping?

Kelly, Yesterday at 10:28 AM 27 370 1
Jade
1 vs 2 photographers
Jade, on January 13, 2022 at 8:06 PM

I’m torn between two photographers. I lean towards the first photographer’s work more, as I like the way they color their images better. However, the second photographer is really awesome as well,...

Kelly, Yesterday at 10:21 AM 14 128
Sadie
Two Maid of Honors?
Sadie, Yesterday at 8:50 PM

I have my best friend who has never been apart of a wedding and then I have a new close friend who has been apart of weddings and is dating Jacob’s best friend. I wanted to have both of them be maids...

Eula, 51 seconds ago 8 69
R
Place cards only at a small wedding?
Reya, Today at 4:44 AM

Hi! We downsized our wedding due to Covid (familiar story rn) & now we only have a 45 person guest list and are expecting 35-40 to be able to make it. We’re doing large tables with each family...

Cece, 9 minutes ago 2 21
L
Under $1000 for the whole wedding
L. Allen, Yesterday at 6:02 PM

Hello, all! I started researching venues and reception areas about 2 months ago, and I was SHOCKED at how much everything costs. Both my fiance and I are really strapped for cash. My total budget for...

KYLIE, 9 minutes ago 32 435
Sadie
Cheap wedding gift idea
Sadie, Yesterday at 9:00 PM

So I am needing an affordable gift idea for guests to take home. I was thinking a candy station for guests to fill up a goody bag but with Covid and kiddos I think that might be a no. I also want it...

Cyndy, 34 minutes ago 5 58
Shiana
Couples getting married on October 16, 2022
Shiana, on January 12, 2022 at 12:45 PM

Hello October 16, 2022 brides!!! Have y’all started planning and how far have y’all gotten? We got engaged on August 27, 2021 and I’ve been planning since! I am so excited! 277 days!! ❤️

Shiana, 59 minutes ago 15 93
Zanetah
Surprisingly difficult wedding tasks?
Zanetah, Yesterday at 5:50 PM

Hi Brides!! I am sooo happy it’s finally 2022 and my big day is only 8 months away! I am curious what tasks have been a pain for you? Maybe one you didn’t expect to be difficult. For me it was getting...

Tina, 2 hours ago 7 109
Janicaellison
Postpone
Janicaellison, on January 13, 2022 at 6:47 PM

Hello Brides To Be…. I was wondering have y’all thought about Postpone y’all wedding date due to the Omicron Variant and are y’all scared that y’all guest want show up for y’all..wedding.A very Scared...

Laura, 4 hours ago 65 1,268 3
W
Save the Date Magnets Postage
WeddingBliss, on January 26, 2019 at 6:06 PM

FYI - sadly I learned this the hard way, but magnet save the date postage requires a $0.71 post stamp (one forever & one postcard stamp, or 1x 2 oz stamp) even if the weight is under an oz....

Samantha, 5 hours ago 30 11,404 4
Rsbride
Mom is ruining my engagement
Rsbride, on October 12, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Hi everyone. I’m so stressed out and I didn’t know where else to turn. I recently got engaged to my boyfriend of 2 years last week. It was amazing and in Epcot where we had our first kiss. I could...

Serena, Yesterday at 11:58 PM 39 1,944
Elise
Sending out invitations
Elise, on January 10, 2022 at 2:55 PM

Hi everyone! So I have a question, how early is too early to send out invitations? I’m getting married September 2022. I already sent out save the dates and I want to send out invitations within the...

Lauren, Yesterday at 11:09 PM 27 710 1
Sandy
Bridal party what do they do during photos?
Sandy, Yesterday at 5:48 PM

Hello I have a dilemma on what our bridal party should be doing during our first look/ newlywed photos. After we are all done getting ready we will drive to a different locations for photos. We will...

KYLIE, Yesterday at 9:47 PM 6 94
LuvBeingMarried2Him!
Fiancé refuses any wedding talk..
LuvBeingMarried2Him!, on August 25, 2016 at 12:22 AM

So I've seen several ladies on here say their fiancé's 'refuse' to talk about anything wedding related .. and basically won't even let them bring anything up..Am I the only one who doesn't completely...

Jessica, Yesterday at 9:24 PM 61 9,673 1
S
Day of planner?
Sarah, Yesterday at 9:41 AM

The venue we are getting married at provides a " No touch service " which includes set up tables, chairs, decorations and the take down of everything, also collecting trash throughout the night. They...

Taylor, Yesterday at 8:37 PM 3 66
Sarah
Pushy wedding vendors
Sarah, Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Have any of y’all run into a situation like this: I asked in a local wedding vender group on Facebook for a wedding photographer and I have had 3 of them friend request me before I even talked to...

Taylor, Yesterday at 8:28 PM 14 258
J
Non Traditional Timeline
Josina, Yesterday at 12:27 PM

Hey y’all. So we’re doing things a bit different and I’d love some ideas on the best way to structure things. So we’re having our ceremony on family land, and as such are keeping the guest list as...

Rebecca, Yesterday at 6:09 PM 5 121
Y
What is something cool/different you will be doing at your wedding?
Yesenia, on September 2, 2021 at 11:57 PM

Hello! I would love to hear any cool things you're doing. I find it so fun to break out of the traditional planning box.

Zachary, Yesterday at 6:04 PM 10 284
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics