Skip to main content

Planning

Join group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Brittany
Tips for planning in a short amount of time?
Brittany, on January 30, 2023 at 11:09 AM

We got engaged not too long ago, but we are looking to get married this summer for a multitude of different reasons. Looking at about 5 months of planning. For those who have planned their wedding in...

Brittany, Yesterday at 2:15 PM 12 279 1
Jessica
How are you saving money?
Jessica, on January 1, 2023 at 5:05 PM

This is primarily for the couples who, like us, are paying for the entire wedding themselves. I need advice and ideas, pretty please! My partner and I live in NYC, so there's no way in heck we were...

Pamela, Feb 1, 2023 40 1,482 4
Pat
Our Year is Here!!!!
Pat, on December 31, 2022 at 10:53 PM

FINALY !!! 2023 is just hours away and I;.ll finally be able to stop saying "next year" when asked when we are getting married. 4 months, 6 days ....... WOO HOO.

Jasmin, Feb 1, 2023 153 1,779 20
B
Where are you at with planning?
Brittany, Yesterday at 2:41 PM

I feel like I'm all over the place! I am using the planning check list from here and I have my own list of priorities that I'm trying to keep on track with. We are getting married Oct 21 and our theme...

Cece, Yesterday at 10:51 PM 4 34
Sabrina
Destination wedding invites
Sabrina, on February 6, 2023 at 4:43 PM

Ok so we live in Minnesota and we getting married in Puerto Rico. So I want to include a little note with my save the dates that people do not need to feel obligated to come or even owe us an...

Erin, Yesterday at 10:45 PM 11 155
Charlene
Questions to ask when touring a venue
Charlene, Yesterday at 4:31 PM

I am going to start touring venues later this week and the next few weeks after that and I am wondering what questions I should ask and what I can expect. I already did some research myself and have...

Jen, Yesterday at 9:28 PM 5 39
Grace
Title for friend who is helping plan but not in the wedding party?
Grace, on February 4, 2023 at 7:35 PM

Hi everyone, I have a friend who is very close to both the groom & I, but this friend has told us while they would LOVE to help with wedding planning, crafting, and any other support throughout...

Angela, Yesterday at 8:38 PM 21 319
A
Ring boxes, yay or nay? (Subscription boxes)
Ariana, Yesterday at 4:15 AM

I’ve been reading a view posts of people who regretted not getting one of the ring boxes during their engagements and I wanted to hear from people who either love their boxes or could live without...

Charlene, Yesterday at 7:32 PM 13 87
B
Venue not responding
Bobby_, on February 6, 2023 at 3:56 PM

I need help advice what to do if the wedding venue you hired for wedding isn’t coming thru when signing contract they promised all kinds of things saying it would be like stress free because it’s a...

Brittany, Yesterday at 1:59 PM 3 102
Lala
Just a thought…
Lala, on January 29, 2023 at 8:54 AM

Ok so don’t come for me cause I’ve read all the articles and I know what people are going to say about etiquette…. Anywho me and fiancé decided to get married a bit earlier than first planned ( our...

Brittany, Yesterday at 11:38 AM 29 527
Anastasia
Why Do Guys Think It's OK Not To Care
Anastasia, on September 16, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Today is yet another day that I am completely frustrated that my FH doesn't care about the wedding, and doesn't think he has to. It would be one thing if it were an event that had nothing to do with...

Michelle, Yesterday at 8:53 AM 53 2,653
Kattiana
Wedding planning
Kattiana , Yesterday at 6:58 AM

Planning a wedding for my friend

Veronica, Yesterday at 7:22 AM 1 24
Julia
Wedding planning
Julia, on February 5, 2023 at 6:28 PM

Wedding planning

Skylar, Feb 6, 2023 3 63
T
Our photographer is asking us to tell her "what is most important to you both from your photographs"
Tia, on February 4, 2023 at 12:30 AM

What kinds of things are/were important to you ? We want her to capture the love between us, but we're just not sure what else to say. Thanks for the help !! xoxo

Kimberly, Feb 6, 2023 5 69
T
Destination wedding website faq help
Tia, on February 2, 2023 at 10:29 PM

We are having our wedding in France and we want to be able to provide guest with as much information as possible. One topic we want to include information on is whether guests should have euros on...

Paige, Feb 6, 2023 4 60
Tamika
Unresponsive Paid In Full Venue
Tamika, on May 19, 2021 at 10:18 AM

Should I change venues? I’m getting really nervous!!!! Our wedding is 7/18/21. In the past week, our wedding planner was notified by the vendor of the following changes: 1. Current refundable...

Bobby_, Feb 6, 2023 17 319
A
What to get your bridesmaids for wedding day without going overboard?
Alex, on February 3, 2023 at 12:51 PM

I've been struggling with this... so far I got them each a pair of nice earrings, a robe, personalized tote, and a hair piece. Is there anything else I should add such as slippers, perfume, etc.? I...

Paige, Feb 6, 2023 9 135
A
When should i give my bridesmaids their gifts?
Alex, on February 4, 2023 at 11:27 AM

I got my bridesmaids each a personalized tote, personalized clutch, robe, earrings and hair piece. Since the clutch can be used for going out, should I give it to them on the bachelorette?

Paige, Feb 6, 2023 6 80
Kat
i just want to drink wine and hike (bach destination help!!)
Kat, on February 3, 2023 at 2:13 PM

My dream bachelorette party destination is Napa but unfortunately that is out of budget. I was thinking of doing an alternative destination, like the Finger Lakes, but all I can find are old lady...

Casey, Feb 6, 2023 11 161
Emily
Perfume
Emily, on January 12, 2021 at 12:37 AM

Has anyone heard of doing a specific perfume on your wedding day? If so- which ones?!

Tracyberge, Feb 6, 2023 10 170 1
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics