Planning

Join  group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Cece
Non-traditional?
Cece, on September 20, 2021 at 10:01 AM

What non-traditional things are you incorporating into your wedding?

Frankie, An hour ago 18 152
Cece
Going above and beyond for guests
Cece, on September 20, 2021 at 9:27 AM

I know we always hear about “properly hosting” our guests. But is anyone going beyond the minimum etiquette expectations in hosting? (Things such as extravagant favors, welcome bags, entertainment at...

Lisa, Yesterday at 10:22 PM 23 314 1
Gabby
Time off?
Gabby, on September 20, 2021 at 8:11 AM

For those of you not going to your honeymoon after your wedding, how much time are you taking off before/after? I am a teacher. So far I'm taking off the day of my wedding (Friday) and I already don't...

Brittany, Yesterday at 11:52 AM 21 174
Jody
Officially a year away
Jody, Today at 5:23 AM

Just wanted to post because I'm extremely excited that I get to marry my amazing fiancé in one year from today!

Nichole, An hour ago 1 8
Monica
Reception floorplan
Monica, Yesterday at 9:58 PM

Was your dance floor directly in front of your head table? Im trying to figure out the best layout to fit all of our tables. How did you figure out your floorplan?

Monica, An hour ago 5 31
Steph
Photographers Problem. What do i do? 🙃
Steph, Yesterday at 11:22 PM

So i had my photographers all set when i first planned my wedding. Paid my deposit and everything was set to go. Then covid happened and i had to postpone everything. Its now 1 year later and we are...

Laura, 5 hours ago 3 45
Alice
Elope...and then have a formal wedding later?
Alice, on March 4, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Soooo, my FH and a couple friends have suggested this several times to me. We should elope now and then have a formal wedding next year. Does anyone have experience with this? Would it really be a...

Mrs., 6 hours ago 19 5,761 1
Lisa
How many times did you meet with the venue and the Doc?
Lisa, Yesterday at 10:28 PM

So, we are having a 4 day event. So, we have been to the venue 5 times with another visit tomorrow. 1st time to view, second to take fiance and FOB, 3rd to sign the contract, 4th just an overall...

Lisa, 6 hours ago 4 53
Caitlyn
October 23rd - One month left!!
Caitlyn, Yesterday at 9:18 PM

Where are my October 23rd peeps? Only one month left!! I’m so excited and can’t believe how fast times moving. We’ve been finalizing all of our diy projects, finalizing the guest count, and planning...

Katherine, Yesterday at 11:24 PM 5 59
Melinda
When should we mail Invites?
Melinda, Yesterday at 5:13 PM

Our wedding is 03/12/2022. We did send save the dates in June 2021. 90% of the 140 invited will be traveling in. I would like RSVPS no later that 02/10/2022 to give me time to track down the people...

Laura, Yesterday at 11:05 PM 3 63 1
V
Bridal Shower
Vicki, Yesterday at 9:36 PM

Do we invite all female guests invited to the wedding to the shower?

Laura, Yesterday at 10:51 PM 3 30 1
MES
Wedding Planner Concerns
MES, Yesterday at 8:59 PM

Hi all! So, I'm scheduled to get married next Fall. I hired what I THOUGHT was a full service planner in May this year (May 2021) for a multi-day wedding (multicultural wedding.) Her website says...

Cj, Yesterday at 10:23 PM 2 60
Haleigh
Wedding Gift for future husband.
Haleigh, Yesterday at 9:32 PM

So my fiancé's grandfather and uncle passed within a year of each other, and he was pretty much raised by them. He misses them dearly, so with that said I want to have a photo of him and his uncle and...

Haleigh, Yesterday at 9:32 PM 21
Allison
Dogs in Engagement Photos
Allison, Yesterday at 2:32 PM

Did anyone include their dogs in their engagement photos? If so, what did you do with them when you were getting pics without them? Did you get them cute collars and leashes?

Rosie, Yesterday at 8:40 PM 7 53
Christina
Elopement help
Christina, on September 3, 2021 at 1:18 PM

My fiancée and I recently ditched our original wedding plans and are gonna elope instead. We are already booked for our elopement. I’m not entirely sure how all this works. I have so many questions....

Sexypoodle, Yesterday at 8:10 PM 4 125
M
Wedding venue from Hell
Michelle, on September 22, 2021 at 10:40 PM

I am having the absolute worst time with my wedding venue. About a month ago I reached out to the wedding coordinator and found out she had been fired. Apparently she said things about my wedding and...

Ingrid, Yesterday at 8:04 PM 10 265 1
Maddie
Are you putting the number of seats reserved on your rsvp cards?
Maddie, Yesterday at 1:50 PM

I'm planning on ordering invitations this week and I just wanted to see how many people were putting the number of spots reserved for each group of guests on their RSVP cards? I wasn't initially going...

Ingrid, Yesterday at 7:54 PM 8 89 1
Priscilla
Golf course wedding on $7,000 budget
Priscilla, Yesterday at 5:11 PM

Hi ladies! I am newly engaged and we are planning on having our wedding August 2022. My fiancé is in the military and we are expected to PCS sometime in December 2022 (yay for added stress); so, we're...

Ingrid, Yesterday at 7:50 PM 4 98
Tiffany
Elopement and Party
Tiffany, on September 18, 2021 at 11:05 PM

I’m planning on getting married in October 2023. As much as I want a regular wedding, I don’t want to be in any crazy debt (and I’ve been planning modestly!) So I was wondering if anyone had an...

Sexypoodle, Yesterday at 7:20 PM 3 83 1
P
JOP in PA (Bucks County)
Private User, on October 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Hi! My fiance and I would like to get married by a JOP but are having an impossible time finding someone we can call to do it. We've read the law but don't know how to actually find someone. Help!!! ...

Michelle, Yesterday at 6:23 PM 12 1,102
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics