Planning

Join  group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Cece
Non-traditional?
Cece, on September 20, 2021 at 10:01 AM

What non-traditional things are you incorporating into your wedding?

Shannon, Yesterday at 4:47 PM 16 133
Cece
Going above and beyond for guests
Cece, on September 20, 2021 at 9:27 AM

I know we always hear about “properly hosting” our guests. But is anyone going beyond the minimum etiquette expectations in hosting? (Things such as extravagant favors, welcome bags, entertainment at...

Cece, Yesterday at 4:39 PM 22 275 1
Gabby
Time off?
Gabby, on September 20, 2021 at 8:11 AM

For those of you not going to your honeymoon after your wedding, how much time are you taking off before/after? I am a teacher. So far I'm taking off the day of my wedding (Friday) and I already don't...

mrswinteriscoming, Sep 20, 2021 20 160
B
How Long is Your Destination Wedding Trip?
bevbabe, Yesterday at 11:13 AM

Not necessarily yours in case you're coming early or staying after, but for guests for the hotel block. My guests are coming a long way so it's a vacation for them and I want it to be enough time so...

Amy, 4 minutes ago 5 55
Sarah
Gifts for a few people in the wedding
Sarah, Yesterday at 11:43 PM

First off, I need ideas on what to get my fiancé as a wedding gift from me to him. Secondly, I’m wanting to get the lady who is ordaining us a gift. She is my boss, I absolutely love her, she is the...

EGD, 28 minutes ago 3 44
Laura
Evening wedding disappointment
Laura, Today at 1:10 AM

We are getting married in September of next year. We just had our site visit and it was so hot! Almost 100 degrees. In addition to providing umbrellas, fans, ect… my planner and fiancé want to start...

Laura, 31 minutes ago 10 154
L
How to help bride in final weeks before the wedding?
Layla, Today at 9:34 AM

I am MOH for my friend who is very independent & her mom and FMIL are super involved (to the point of overbearing) in the wedding planning. She is overwhelmed by how involved they are so I’ve been...

Sarah, 35 minutes ago 1 24
Monica
Covid weddings: How many guests & tables
Monica, Today at 1:22 AM

If you have had your wedding during the pandemic, Im just curious: how many guests did you have and how many tables did you use. My goal is to space people apart at the tables which now means more...

Yasmine, An hour ago 6 59
Brittany
How to include stepmom
Brittany, Yesterday at 7:22 PM

I am wondering if any of you have any advice on how to incorporate my stepmom into my wedding? I have known her since I was in elementary school and she is absolutely wonderful. However, my stepmom...

Yasmine, An hour ago 3 58
J
Cheap Venues in Md/dc/va/wv Area
Julia, Yesterday at 9:46 PM

Hello! I am looking for potential venues for a micro wedding (30-40 guests) hopefully for around $3000 with catering. If not catering, maybe a venue that would allow us to supply our own food?...

Marianne, An hour ago 2 36
Christine
Additional guest book?
Christine, Today at 1:56 AM

Hey everyone! So we purchased this alternative guest book but I just realized that it has 50 spaces for guests to sign and I have an estimate of 100 people going. Do y’all think I should purchase...

Marianne, An hour ago 5 51
Samantha
nye Weddings - Good idea?
Samantha, Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Do you think people would be annoyed at having to spend a holiday at your wedding, or is it a fun thing for people to do for NYE?

Pirate & 60s Bride, 3 hours ago 12 127
Jessica
Tips?
Jessica, Yesterday at 5:14 PM

We’re having a bar at our reception but no one seems to be able to answer my question . If it’s not an open bar do you still tip the bartender at the end of the night?

Michelle, Yesterday at 11:06 PM 2 93
Alyse
Big or small?
Alyse, on August 20, 2021 at 8:36 AM

Are you having a big or small wedding? How many guests are you planning on inviting?

Ashley, Yesterday at 8:41 PM 437 4,198 2
Ioanna
Reception to follow screw up
Ioanna, on September 20, 2021 at 11:05 AM

I feel like an idiot. I ordered my invites online & the template said reception to follow. I left it there not really knowing it’s used only when reception and ceremony are in the same space. I...

A.B., Yesterday at 8:23 PM 5 198
Candace
Invitation start time vs actual start time
Candace, on September 10, 2021 at 1:02 PM

As a guest, if your invite says 5:30, do you plan to be in your seat and waiting for the ceremony procession at 5:30? Or do you plan to get there at 5:30, park, and find your way to the seats? At your...

A.B., Yesterday at 8:22 PM 21 645
kjbean
Hotel blocking for overseas guest.
kjbean, on September 18, 2021 at 12:06 PM

Good Day, I am currently researching how I can go about blocking out an hotel for my family from my home island. How does this work? Do I block out just the night before and after my wedding ? ...

kjbean, Yesterday at 7:25 PM 4 59
Rosie
26th Feb 2022 brides - check in!
Rosie, on September 20, 2021 at 6:56 PM

Hello hello fellow 26th febbers! (covid willing of course!) how are we all feeling? What have you got left to plan? Is anyone else a little anxious that it might be hard to make all the planning...

Rosie, Yesterday at 7:10 PM 2 65
T
Most Cost-effective Mountain Elopement/honeymoon
Tammi, on September 19, 2021 at 6:51 PM

We are planning an elopement in October 2022, and are very open to location so long as it has mountain/forest views (think national parks like Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion, Acadia, etc) and there are...

Tammi, Yesterday at 7:09 PM 5 62
Josie
October 2022 Brides
Josie, on August 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM

Hellooo! My fellow October 2022 brides, what's your date and how's the planning going? Mine is 10/22/22!

Briana, Yesterday at 6:53 PM 38 407 6
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics