Planning

Join  group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
kate
Guest Of Honor?
kate, on December 2, 2021 at 9:30 AM

Just wondering if guest of honors can be a thing? I have friends that live out of state that wouldn't be able to do any of the "bridesmaid duties" but I still want them to be apart of our big day!...

Angelsom, Dec 3, 2021 11 258
Carlee
Days off before the wedding?
Carlee, on December 2, 2021 at 10:27 AM

I am planning on taking a few days off right before the wedding.. any advice on how many days? Also things that I should be doing on those days that I might not have thought of?

Kristen, Dec 3, 2021 10 176
Caitlin
Videographer or Just photographer??
Caitlin, on November 29, 2021 at 8:30 PM

Are you choosing to do a videographer as well as photographer? Why or why not? Photographers are around 3,000 and videographers are also around the same price range from what I’ve seen so far. I...

Lisa, Dec 1, 2021 17 178 2
Shay
Planning
Shay, Yesterday at 9:09 AM

What's everyone color for their wedding?

Longtimecoming, 37 minutes ago 18 133
C
Officiants
Cherie, Today at 7:17 PM

I’m looking for an officiant to marry me and my fiancé

Lisa, 40 minutes ago 1 11
Carissa
Catholic church wedding - did anyone do a "covid style" wedding with ceremony & reception on different days?
Carissa, Today at 8:19 PM

So, my fiances grandfather is a member of the clergy in our church and its very important for us that he gets to marry us. Well, he unfortunately just got a cancer diagnosis. Our wedding isn't until...

mrswinteriscoming, 58 minutes ago 1 10
Jay
Couples getting married on August 18, 2023
Jay, on August 27, 2021 at 10:22 PM

Good evening to all the couples getting married on 8/18/23! I am so excited for the day to come. We have been planning and so far have booked the photographer and the venue. I have already bought my...

Kaitlin, An hour ago 4 62 1
N
Destination/hometown
Nikki, Yesterday at 4:51 PM

Hi, I'm having trouble deciding on a destination wedding vs a hometown wedding. I love the idea of destination but probably more limited to mostly family. I want a big celebration and was thinking of...

Michelle, 2 hours ago 3 61
Courtney
Dream Venue
Courtney, Today at 3:46 PM

Let's pretend that you can design your venue from the ground up. What would you require, what would you like, what would be a bonus? If you've already celebrated your day, what would you have changed...

Courtney, 3 hours ago 2 33
Michelle
Repurposing flowers after the wedding?
Michelle, Yesterday at 8:30 PM

Are you donating them to a local homeless shelter, funeral home for families who can’t afford flowers, nursing home, etc or just throwing them away? I recently saw that this company takes care of it...

Cyndy, 3 hours ago 4 73
Jennifer
Just realized my wedding date is Father's Day!!
Jennifer, on November 30, 2021 at 6:54 PM

We were finally ready to book our dream venue, ready to write a deposit check when I realized that our date is Father's Day! We have several factors that went into our date, including when I can fly...

Michelle, 4 hours ago 9 201
Safiya
June 2022 brides
Safiya, on November 17, 2021 at 3:25 AM

Who else is getting married in June 2022? Are you excited or nervous? Or both? How's planning coming along?

Jeanmarie, 7 hours ago 116 989 11
Lauren
How early is too early to start planning?
Lauren, on November 24, 2021 at 12:42 PM

Hi, all! I am just getting started on trying to plan my wedding and wow is it overwhelming! My fiance and I are currently tentatively setting 9/23/23 as our day. How early is too early to start...

Cece, 10 hours ago 15 138
Desi
Wedding Invitations
Desi, Yesterday at 1:27 AM

I am getting married soon and my sister-in-law designed a wedding invitation she wants to send out to the guests on the grooms (my future husband) side. At the top of the invitation she wrote "(My...

Becky, 12 hours ago 12 214
ItsAmanda
i love my wedding invitation & website, but my guests hate it?
ItsAmanda, on December 1, 2021 at 9:53 AM

My wedding is in 6 months and I have begun sending my invitations. My wedding invitations and nuptial website were gifted by my bestfriend/MoH whose brother in law owns a high-end wedding design...

Michelle, Yesterday at 6:57 PM 28 833
C
Do i still need a planner and decorator?
Chloe, Yesterday at 12:59 PM

Hello! So I’ve officially booked my venue, photographer, caterer (bartender, linens, and silverware all included), hotel room blocks, and DJ. Im meeting with a florist next week to discuss...

Michelle, Yesterday at 6:33 PM 1 60
Pat
Addressing "save the Date" question
Pat, Yesterday at 12:49 PM

On the envelope for mailing the Save the Date cards .... do you indicate WHO will be invited? Like, how do you let the people know to "save the date" but it's just for you, not your kids. OR the other...

Michelle, Yesterday at 6:23 PM 3 89
J
Spring 2022
Jessica, on December 3, 2021 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I’m a covid bride. Original date of May 2020 then May 2021 now June 2022. The 6 month mark is coming up again and I’m nervous about covid again.. or still? I just ordered my new wedding...

Jasmine E., Yesterday at 3:51 PM 3 90
Dazjon
Couples getting married on May 5, 2023
Dazjon, on December 2, 2021 at 11:49 AM

Shout-out to my May 5th couples, has a nice ring to it

Pat, Yesterday at 12:52 PM 1 24 1
Genna
Who else is getting married in 2023 or 2024?
Genna, on November 4, 2021 at 11:57 AM

Who else is getting married in 2023 or 2024? What are you doing wedding related to keep yourselves busy in the mean time? I want to be proactive so me and my FH wont be stressed when the time nears....

Deanna, Yesterday at 12:19 PM 167 1,425 8
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics