Planning

Join  group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
L
Under $1000 for the whole wedding
L. Allen, Yesterday at 6:02 PM

Hello, all! I started researching venues and reception areas about 2 months ago, and I was SHOCKED at how much everything costs. Both my fiance and I are really strapped for cash. My total budget for...

Jacks, An hour ago 40 653
Zanetah
Surprisingly difficult wedding tasks?
Zanetah, Yesterday at 5:50 PM

Hi Brides!! I am sooo happy it’s finally 2022 and my big day is only 8 months away! I am curious what tasks have been a pain for you? Maybe one you didn’t expect to be difficult. For me it was getting...

Ashlee, 2 hours ago 13 251
Michelle
What is your one non negotiable must have item?
Michelle, on January 13, 2022 at 4:30 PM

What vendor/item/service did you absolutely not budge on?

Sarah, Yesterday at 12:13 PM 18 221
Deanna
Is it too early to plan?
Deanna, on December 1, 2021 at 3:16 PM

Hey guys! I have my wedding date set for 09/09/2023! We are so excited. I am in the early stages of planning. going to look at our venue and researching catering etc. Is it too early to start...

Deanna, A minute ago 48 462 4
Emily
Laser cut place card names
Emily, on March 25, 2021 at 5:37 PM

Hi Everyone Has anyone purchased laser cut names as place cards? If so how soon did you order them? I found some on Etsy that I love but they come from an international seller and she needs at least a...

Katelyn, 56 minutes ago 4 73
E
Couples getting married on April 14, 2023
Elisa, on January 14, 2022 at 12:31 PM

Hello, I'm Elisa. I We are just starting our search. Any advice?

Elisa, An hour ago 2 18
Lindsaylee
Couples getting married on August 12, 2023
Lindsaylee, on November 16, 2021 at 1:20 PM

Hello Everyone, I am so excited to be getting married. I know we have plenty of time to plan but, IM STRESSED! We plan to get married out of town. About 12 hours away from where we live. I was...

Santasha, An hour ago 5 64
Sadie
Two Maid of Honors?
Sadie, Yesterday at 8:50 PM

I have my best friend who has never been apart of a wedding and then I have a new close friend who has been apart of weddings and is dating Jacob’s best friend. I wanted to have both of them be maids...

Sarah, 2 hours ago 11 141
Melinda
Wedding, mental health, and taking control back.
Melinda, Today at 3:06 PM

Sorry if this is long and drawn out. A little backstory I’m 33, my fiancé is 34. We are financially dependent and actually both work two jobs. We have been together for 2.5 years living together for...

Jacks, 2 hours ago 3 71
R
Place cards only at a small wedding?
Reya, Today at 4:44 AM

Hi! We downsized our wedding due to Covid (familiar story rn) & now we only have a 45 person guest list and are expecting 35-40 to be able to make it. We’re doing large tables with each family...

Jacks, 2 hours ago 12 94
S
Day of planner?
Sarah, Yesterday at 9:41 AM

The venue we are getting married at provides a " No touch service " which includes set up tables, chairs, decorations and the take down of everything, also collecting trash throughout the night. They...

Marianne, 2 hours ago 4 79
Gracelynn33
Hitchswitch ???
Gracelynn33, Today at 9:59 AM

Has anyone ever used HitchSwitch to change their last name? I just heard about it because of an offer I got from being a Diamond Member at David's Bridal. If you have, how does it work? Did you like...

Heather, 3 hours ago 5 71
Janicaellison
Postpone
Janicaellison, on January 13, 2022 at 6:47 PM

Hello Brides To Be…. I was wondering have y’all thought about Postpone y’all wedding date due to the Omicron Variant and are y’all scared that y’all guest want show up for y’all..wedding.A very Scared...

Gloria, 3 hours ago 68 1,378 3
Natashi
Couples getting married on May 14, 2023
Natashi, on January 14, 2022 at 4:46 PM

Wow I had no idea May 14, 2023 was such a popular day to get married. We actually pick that date because it’s the day we met. What are the reason/s some of you picked that same date?

Charlene, 3 hours ago 2 29
Katryna
Aisle song
Katryna, Today at 10:24 AM

Does anyone have any insight on ceremony music for Walking down the aisle. I want the bridal party to walk to a separate song than me but I also want it to flow well

SHY, 3 hours ago 1 29
Andrea
Couples getting married on October 2, 2022
Andrea, on January 15, 2022 at 12:18 PM

Oct 2 2022 brides are you all getting excited. It’ll be here before we know it ♥️ 🥰 what made you pick you 10.2.22 - me and my FH wanted it to have a nice little ring to it “ 10.2.22” lol 😛

Andrea, 4 hours ago 7 71 1
Edmonique
Brunch Wedding Timelines
Edmonique, on January 15, 2022 at 11:14 PM

I have decided on a brunch wedding; however, I’m in need of some assistance deciding on length of wedding and how exactly the schedule should look. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

DaVida, 4 hours ago 12 119 1
Danielle
August 2022 Brides!
Danielle, on November 7, 2021 at 8:11 PM

How far along are you with planning? What vendors do you still have left to secure?

DaVida, 5 hours ago 14 239 3
Brianna
Couples getting married on July 10, 2022
Brianna, Yesterday at 11:37 AM

Hey everybody! I hope all is well! How is everybody feeling when the date is coming up? It’s going to be here before we know it!

Melissa, 5 hours ago 6 54
Shiana
Couples getting married on October 16, 2022
Shiana, on January 12, 2022 at 12:45 PM

Hello October 16, 2022 brides!!! Have y’all started planning and how far have y’all gotten? We got engaged on August 27, 2021 and I’ve been planning since! I am so excited! 277 days!! ❤️

Nikki, 6 hours ago 16 97
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics