Planning

Join  group

Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Gabby
Time off?
Gabby, on September 20, 2021 at 8:11 AM

For those of you not going to your honeymoon after your wedding, how much time are you taking off before/after? I am a teacher. So far I'm taking off the day of my wedding (Friday) and I already don't...

Brittany, 3 hours ago 21 169
Cece
Non-traditional?
Cece, on September 20, 2021 at 10:01 AM

What non-traditional things are you incorporating into your wedding?

Shannon, Sep 21, 2021 16 140
Cece
Going above and beyond for guests
Cece, on September 20, 2021 at 9:27 AM

I know we always hear about “properly hosting” our guests. But is anyone going beyond the minimum etiquette expectations in hosting? (Things such as extravagant favors, welcome bags, entertainment at...

Cece, Sep 21, 2021 22 303 1
Katie
Non-cheesy Djs in the nj area
Katie, Today at 2:52 PM

Hey All! I am getting married 11/4/22 in a barn in North Jersey. My fiancé and I are pretty chill people and do not want a cheesy DJ. We do want someone who will play our favorite indie tracks, and...

Katie, 43 seconds ago
A
Wedding hashtag.
Amanda, Today at 2:31 PM

Anyone know any good hashtags for Morales? Thank you 🥰

Lisa, 49 seconds ago 2 6
M
Wedding venue from Hell
Michelle, Yesterday at 10:40 PM

I am having the absolute worst time with my wedding venue. About a month ago I reached out to the wedding coordinator and found out she had been fired. Apparently she said things about my wedding and...

Alyssa, A minute ago 9 204 1
Katherine
Officially 1 month for us October 23rds!!
Katherine, Today at 11:21 AM

I'm soo ready and it's almost here! I have some final crafts to do but I refuse to let myself get stressed out! We are all so close! I'm soo excited for everyone who shares the date with me! We are...

Katherine, 5 minutes ago 5 35
Maddie
Are you putting the number of seats reserved on your rsvp cards?
Maddie, Today at 1:50 PM

I'm planning on ordering invitations this week and I just wanted to see how many people were putting the number of spots reserved for each group of guests on their RSVP cards? I wasn't initially going...

Alyssa, 5 minutes ago 5 39
Allison
Dogs in Engagement Photos
Allison, Today at 2:32 PM

Did anyone include their dogs in their engagement photos? If so, what did you do with them when you were getting pics without them? Did you get them cute collars and leashes?

Stephanie, 14 minutes ago 1 9
Cara
Festival Style Wedding
Cara, Today at 1:54 PM

I had the idea to do a music festival style wedding. I am a DIYer and and I want to do something a little more relaxing, so the festivities with all our friends and family can go on all weekend...

Dizzy, 15 minutes ago 1 23
CSweet_
Online or 1 Day Pre-cana Class?
CSweet_, on June 30, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Okay so heres some backstory my FI and I are both vastly different when it comes to our religious life but we make it work because I don't pressure him or vise versa. Hes agreed to get married in the...

Matthew, 19 minutes ago 22 5,532
Josie
October 2022 Brides
Josie, on August 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM

Hellooo! My fellow October 2022 brides, what's your date and how's the planning going? Mine is 10/22/22!

Kaylee, 28 minutes ago 39 418 6
C
Yes I’m planning 24 months out…. Did you?
Cristina, Yesterday at 8:54 PM

Hello!!!! Yes I am planning 24 months out. That’s okay to me. We just put our deposit down today and I’m curious if others have done this as well? We want to pay for it ourselves… so this leaves us...

Pat, 44 minutes ago 19 107
Alyse
Big or small?
Alyse, on August 20, 2021 at 8:36 AM

Are you having a big or small wedding? How many guests are you planning on inviting?

Mary, 51 minutes ago 438 4,218 2
Brittany
How to include stepmom
Brittany, on September 21, 2021 at 7:22 PM

I am wondering if any of you have any advice on how to incorporate my stepmom into my wedding? I have known her since I was in elementary school and she is absolutely wonderful. However, my stepmom...

Veronica, An hour ago 4 76
Christine
Additional guest book?
Christine, Yesterday at 1:56 AM

Hey everyone! So we purchased this alternative guest book but I just realized that it has 50 spaces for guests to sign and I have an estimate of 100 people going. Do y’all think I should purchase...

Michelle, 2 hours ago 7 93
Gabrielle
Destination wedding planners
Gabrielle, on September 19, 2021 at 10:37 AM

What is the average cost of a wedding planner for a destination wedding? We are from US right outside of Philadelphia and are planning to marry in Costa Rica November 2022.

Kari, 3 hours ago 4 52
Laura
Evening wedding disappointment
Laura, Yesterday at 1:10 AM

We are getting married in September of next year. We just had our site visit and it was so hot! Almost 100 degrees. In addition to providing umbrellas, fans, ect… my planner and fiancé want to start...

Melle, 3 hours ago 16 445
Sarah
Gifts for a few people in the wedding
Sarah, on September 21, 2021 at 11:43 PM

First off, I need ideas on what to get my fiancé as a wedding gift from me to him. Secondly, I’m wanting to get the lady who is ordaining us a gift. She is my boss, I absolutely love her, she is the...

Sarah, 4 hours ago 8 83
C
Short engagement
Carissa, Yesterday at 9:30 PM

Hello! Any tips on what to focus on with an engagement that is less than 6 months? I know there's a lot to cram into a short amount of time, so what would be the first things to nail down?

KYLIE, 4 hours ago 8 82
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics