Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
What was the first thing you purchased for your big day?
Blair, on October 10, 2019 at 5:11 PM

My first thing I got out the way was venue. I knew if I got it booked things would flow on my list. Next I'll be purchasing my bridesmaids proposals. What is the the first thing you bought for your...

Cheryl, An hour ago 54 1 365
Most stressful??
Nola, on October 10, 2019 at 1:55 PM

I’m curious, what is the most stressful part of wedding planning for you guys? Mine would have to be picking a hair style to wear and makeup! I decided I’m doing my own makeup but picking a hairstyle...

Vickie, Yesterday at 3:11 PM 35 205
Hotel Room Blocks - When to book, and how many rooms
Natalie, Today at 11:25 AM

Our wedding is still a year and 2 months away, so I know it's too early to look into booking hotel blocks yet. My question is, do you generally reserve the room block before or after receiving RSVPs...

Jasmine, 5 minutes ago 6 28
Post Wedding blues?
Jessica, Yesterday at 7:57 AM

Hi ladies (and gents). I've been married for a week now and we had the most amazing wedding. I was wondering if anyone felt a little sad after everything was all done? It just seems like so much...

Lauren, 7 minutes ago 7 142
fh doesn’t seem interested in planning?!
Olivia, Yesterday at 4:02 PM

Ladies, how do I get my FH on board with this wedding planning? He doesn’t seem interested in anything. Like he just doesn’t care to help with any of it. It’s always “I’m tired” “oh I’m sorry what did...

Arianna, 7 minutes ago 26 1 336
October 2019 Brides! It’s almost time!
Kat_, on September 17, 2019 at 11:02 PM

Hello lovelies!! Those of you getting married in October, how are you feeling? When is your date? Are you ready and as excited as I am?! I’ve been on WW planning and playing and enjoying every second...

Angela, 9 minutes ago 126 9 1,818
First Look
Chelsea, Yesterday at 3:02 PM

Did anyone do a first look? Are you glad you did, or do you regret it? There’s a portion of our venue we’ll only be able to take pictures in if we do a first look before the ceremony. My dress has a...

Cliodhna, 10 minutes ago 42 430
Wedding ceremony no reception??
India, Yesterday at 1:51 PM

So I have had it up to my neck with all the opinions of other people. I’m so fed up that I’m thinking of just having a ceremony and then going out with just the wedding party after. Everyone is...

Melle, 15 minutes ago 21 224
Couples getting married on June 7, 2020
Renee, on September 2, 2019 at 7:47 PM

Hey my June 7th brides! Where are you in planning? I have venue, catering, dress/veil, & 2 potential DJ’s. Next on my list is photographer for engagement photos, save the dates, wedding guest list...

Kirstin, 16 minutes ago 9 56
Cheap bridesmaids gift
Tamiera, Yesterday at 3:25 PM

Our budget is a little tight & I was wondering anybody had ideas on cheap bridesmaids gifts? I’m thinking a robe & necklace & calling it a day !

Melle, 19 minutes ago 9 92
Bridal Shower- Flower Girls
Erin, on October 11, 2019 at 9:56 AM

My shower is in 8 days and it got me thinking about my flower girls. They’re 7, 5 & 3 and all my nieces. I kind of wanted to get them a little something to open for hanging with the big girls BUT...

Natalie, 19 minutes ago 13 135
Is $225 Too High for Bridesmaids Dresses?
Fleur, Yesterday at 4:14 PM

I am asking my Bridesmaids to pay for their dresses. 3 of the girls have just started their professional careers, but 5 are in grad school. Yikes. Is $225 too much?I do plan to pay for hotel and hair...

Melle, 22 minutes ago 25 279
Gap between Ceremony and Reception
Jamie, on October 12, 2019 at 4:28 PM

I was wondering how long to have between the ceremony and reception? The locations are only about 5-10min away from each other, but we're not doing a first look so we need time for pictures. We'd also...

Sinéad, 41 minutes ago 6 116
Drop an Engagement Pic with your Date & venue location
Russtic Romance, on August 6, 2019 at 7:25 AM

Sinéad, 42 minutes ago 228 9 2,522
Save the Dates!!
Stephanie, Today at 12:03 AM

We just got our sneak peak for save the dates!!! So excited!! 10/4/2020!! Who else had save the dates done and if so what did you guys do!!? so excited for all of this !!

Sinéad, 43 minutes ago 17 133
Guests who do not rsvp!!!!
Florence, Yesterday at 7:45 PM

Makes me crazy that my guests do not take the time to respond. Why? Can’t decide?

Melle, 44 minutes ago 9 92
rsvp Numbers
Kyla, Yesterday at 8:40 PM

Our RSVP page closes tomorrow! We invited 204 people trying to get 150 people attending. We’ve heard from 117 people so far! On Tuesday, we will remove the RSVP page from our wedding website and...

Melle, 46 minutes ago 10 109
I'm ready.
Mandi, Yesterday at 9:00 PM

I'm ready to stop planning this thing. Send out the invites, let gooooooo!Went to pick out the last of my rentals. The lady there asked how many guests we were inviting. I told her 250, but hoping for...

Melle, 47 minutes ago 6 84
Save The Dates Online
Leah, on October 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM

What is the best website to create and send your save the dates online? I'm trying to save some money and be eco-friendly! What are your thoughts?

Yana, 48 minutes ago 18 92
How to dress only one bridesmaid?
Kari, Today at 10:35 AM

It looks like we will end up with seriously uneven wedding parties. My FH is considering up to four people for his groomsmen (he may end up with less), but I'm pretty certain my I will just have my...

Gen, 51 minutes ago 3 33