Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Planning favorite and least favorite thing
Monique, on August 21, 2019 at 4:02 PM

What has been your favorite thing about planning a wedding so far? Least favorite? I think my favorite is the diys. I really enjoy being crafty. So far I have come up with some pretty cool things. My...

swimgirl0103, An hour ago 39 1 305
Day of Coordinator a yes or a no?
Jenny, on August 22, 2019 at 2:39 PM

Hi everyone! Would you guys suggest a day of coordinator? what are the average prices for day of coordinators? what are the responsibilities for the day of coordinator?

Mitzi, Aug 24, 2019 30 4 288
Bridesmaids Question
Rachel, on August 20, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Hi everyone!I have a question about who you chose to be your bridesmaids? I know I am far out, but after taking an inventory on my friends, I'm struggling. Obviously when I look back on my day in the...

Misty, Aug 24, 2019 42 1 455
i have my venue!
Adree-Anna, Yesterday at 10:08 PM

I have officially booked my venue and set a date! Got the date we wanted! The venue and the package we wanted, and I am so thankful to my amazing FMIL for paying the deposit. I feel so relieved! I...

Cynthia's and Robert, 42 minutes ago 9 62
September brides
Christina, Yesterday at 9:51 PM

Hello all,I am getting married Sept 5th, 2020 and I am a little worried since it’s hurricane season(I didn’t not put that in the mix when choosing a date) I’m having an outside wedding and I’m a...

Cynthia's and Robert, 46 minutes ago 2 25
Save The Dates - Need to Have or Nice to Have?
Lynnie, on August 20, 2019 at 12:04 PM

While sending out save the dates has become pretty standard, you can't forget it's still an additional cost! What's your stance on save the dates? Do your guests really need that much advance...

Karla, An hour ago 140 1 784
Makeup artist vs Doing it yourself?
Brooke, Yesterday at 2:50 PM

What is everyone’s opinion on paying for a makeup artist vs doing your own makeup? It would be nice not to have to worry about doing it myself but is it worth the money? Everyone in my area charges...

Karla, An hour ago 24 199
Wedding favors
Mary, Today at 2:00 AM

So I'm going over my wedding stuff and I'm trying to figure if I wanna do wedding favors and if so what should I do? Someone help. What favors are u guys doing.

Mary, An hour ago 3
Any surprises for your Fh?
Haley, Yesterday at 9:10 PM

I wanted to see if other ladies are planning surprises for their FH! I have a moleskin journal that I’ve been writing in here and there and will give to my FH probably on the plane ride to our...

swimgirl0103, An hour ago 9 98
Handicap Accessible Beach
Hannah, Yesterday at 8:41 PM

60 days until our beach wedding! Unfortunately fiancés grandfather took a nasty fall this weekend and is going to have a hard time walking in the sand. Future MIL suggested renting a carpet to put...

Brooke, An hour ago 4 42
Question About Invitations
Mumsie, Today at 1:13 AM

I have heard of RSVPing via a customized website set up by the bride and groom, but is there such a thing as an online wedding invitation? If so, how does that work?

Mumsie, 2 hours ago 15
uplighting
Leslie, on August 24, 2019 at 11:32 PM

My venue is overlooking a lake, lots of windows, white walls. Reception starts at 5:30 in May. So sunset around 7ish. Is it worth the price of uplighting (about 400) for 2 hours? Did you have a open...

Pirate & 60s Bride, 2 hours ago 7 66
Ceremony Only?
Samantha, Yesterday at 9:45 PM

Who all is planning or already had just a ceremony and cake?

Samantha, 2 hours ago 1 33
Couples getting married on September 21, 2019
Jen, on August 4, 2019 at 9:53 AM

Guys, our wedding is NEXT month! Are we freaking out yet?

Lakesha, 2 hours ago 64 9 711
So mad!!!! Guests bringing their kids or other ppl not invited!!
Wendy, Yesterday at 9:42 PM

We are having a DW in Cancún, I sent the save the dates, and I specifically said “ADULTS ONLY”... I don’t want any kids.. there will only be 2 which are my FH nephews and they are 10 & 11.. it is...

Ingrid, 2 hours ago 5 124
Bookguest book
Kelly, Yesterday at 9:49 PM

How many signatures do you think I can get on a blank sheet 8x11 for my guest book? I'll have close to total of 700 guests so I'm thinking 450 signatures? Would a guest book with 120 blank pages be...

Melle, 2 hours ago 4 78
What Past Brides Wish They Would've Known
Caitlyn, Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Past brides!! (Or brides in the last week of planning) what are the few things no one told you to prepare for or order, or shop for, or plan for, you get the picture. While I still have 2 ish months...

Melle, 2 hours ago 3 119
Couples getting married on June 19, 2021
Brittany, on August 2, 2019 at 11:11 PM

For the couples getting married June 19, 2021 have you found a venue yet or am I the only person going crazy looking for a venue???

Brittany, Yesterday at 11:58 PM 9 68
Thursday night wedding?
mem5000, on October 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM

What does everyone think of a Thursday night wedding? We found a place we LOVE, but can't afford the Saturday price.

Mindy, Yesterday at 11:34 PM 12 3,254
Couples getting married on October 5, 2019
Keri, on August 12, 2019 at 12:05 AM

Congrats friends !!

Keri, Yesterday at 10:48 PM 16 99