Get wedding planning help, new ideas and advice from fellow Community members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your planning checklist.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
What traditional things are you not doing?
Shannon, on June 20, 2019 at 3:26 PM

What traditional wedding things are you NOT doing? Are you not doing them at all or are you replacing them/changing them in some way?For us...* We're not having my dad walk me down the aisle. If...

Allison, 48 minutes ago 75 1 1,061
Catering on a Budget
Hannah, on June 23, 2019 at 9:37 PM

What are some cheap options for catering? We don't want to go over $1,000 for feeding around 200 people.

Sarah, 2 hours ago 38 1 659
Who is in your wedding party?
Lynnie, Today at 11:05 AM

Who did you ask to be in your "I do" crew?? Friends, family, or a little bit of both?Photo from Envy Lifestyle & Event Design in OrlandoNext Question: Who did you share your engagement news with...

Kaitlyn, 39 seconds ago 14 44
Who makes up most of the guest list?

It's tough to squeeze everyone into your guest list!! Who's taking up the most space on yours? Friends or family? Photo from Envy Lifestyle & Event Design in Orlando Next Question: Who is in your...

Kaitlyn, A minute ago 10 35
Boudoir Photos
Samantha, Today at 11:16 AM

Friday I’m getting my boudoir photo shoot done! My photographer hasn’t told me where yet but it’s suppose to be at a swanky hotel in downtown Philly. Since we live further from Philly now I’m taking...

Adamay, 8 minutes ago 1 21
Save the dates
Hannah, Today at 7:34 AM

Getting married May 9th of 2020. When should I send out save-the-dates?

FutureMrsD, 11 minutes ago 5 33
Gifts for Wedding
Anan, Today at 7:54 AM

Hi! We’ve been receiving some gifts and wanted to see from yalls experience if most of the gifts are coming in closer to your wedding? We’ve received about 10 gifts so far but imsuprised as we have...

FutureMrsD, 11 minutes ago 5 56
Hotel Blocks
Tammi , Today at 8:19 AM

How early should I reserve hotel blocks for my wedding ? Wedding date is 10-11-20!

FutureMrsD, 14 minutes ago 9 57
Eventful Day!
Nona, Yesterday at 1:49 PM

FH and I came to Savannah Ga. yesterday went to look at the square we are getting married at. I needed to see it in person and to actually visualize it. Then today we woke up and I had my hair and...

Sinéad, 15 minutes ago 27 1 268
Open bar!!
Cecy Rg, Yesterday at 8:41 PM

We got the open bar at out venue and I have seen those signs with beverages like this one? Any ideas 💡 on the drinks? On the menu bar? On names or what are you brides doing?

Sara, 15 minutes ago 4 107
Where did you get your address stamp?
Caroline, on December 30, 2015 at 8:31 AM

I'm hoping to order invitations soon and I've also been thinking about buying a return address stamp to make life easier. They aren't too expensive so I figure it's probably worth it. Where did you...

Alanna, 17 minutes ago 30 13
Tiered invitations
Sarah, Today at 9:06 AM

So I'm sending out tiered invitations and I'm not sure how I should do save the dates. I know it's a controversial subject so please only help with the question at hand. There are apparently many...

FutureMrsD, 17 minutes ago 4 79
diy Reception Food
Samantha, Today at 6:11 AM

For those of you who did not book and caterer and decided to DIY your reception food, what did or are you serving and did or are you making all the food the day of or in advance?

Tessa, 20 minutes ago 4 59
Post card rsvp or envelope
futuremrsv, on June 21, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Ive noticed a few websites now offer press and seal invites with a post card rsvp card. Has anyone done this?Pros and cons of doing post card rsvp vs traditional enveloped rsvp cards.I guess i just...

SummerBrideInAutumn, 24 minutes ago 5 56
Fmil/fsil Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Drama
Tonia, Today at 9:16 AM

I need some genuine advice ladies. I have not had any issues in planning this wedding EXCEPT for the wedding rehearsal dinner. My FMIL and FSIL are driving me up a wall and I'm trying to figure out...

Melissa, 29 minutes ago 5 94
Who is more likely to RSVP on time?

Who is more likely to RSVP on time? (And save you some follow ups!) Your friends or family?Next Question: Who is doing the ceremony readings? Back to the Beginning: Friends or family?

Jessica, 37 minutes ago 7 29
Who has been the most helpful?

Has anyone really stepped up and helped you plan? Who has been the most helpful with wedding planning? Friends or family?Photo from Talina Designs in MontrealNext Question: Who is bringing all the...

Jessica, 39 minutes ago 7 26
Venue Must Haves
Futuremrsh, Today at 3:16 AM

What were/are your venue must haves? Mine main one is having a big dance floor. My family and I love to dance!!!

Jess, 51 minutes ago 7 44
Bridal Fitting
Future Mrs. Anderson, Today at 7:13 AM

I have my first fitting coming up in about 4 weeks, how was your experience? We’re you nervous, stressed, etc? Who all did you bring? I’m only having my mom, fmil and my Maid of Honor come with me so...

Jess, 53 minutes ago 10 64
Music
Lynne, Yesterday at 3:16 PM

I am slowly starting to working on the music playlist for the ceremony and the reception. I am having fun listening to the songs from the 50s.

Lynne, 55 minutes ago 5 46