Jayla
Champion October 2025

What's your dress fabric?

Jayla, on October 16, 2018 at 10:05 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 33
Saved Save

What is the fabric of your wedding dress? Did you go with something textured like lace, chiffon, tulle, faille, and organza? Or did you go sleek with fabrics such as crepe, satin/sateen, silk, mikado, and taffeta? Did your dream dress lead your fabric decision, or did you have a preferred material in mind when you started shopping?

What is your wedding dress fabric?

What's your dress fabric? 1

Photo by Sara Lobla Photography in Miami, FL

Share more of your dress details and shopping in these community discussions: Who is your wedding dress designer?, Did you try on a dress you know you can’t afford?, The dress your mom would have picked

33 Comments

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag
    Mine is Tulle which is weird because I never in a million years thought I'd wear a tulle dress!
  • AtoZ
    Devoted May 2019
    AtoZ ·
    • Flag

Satin mermaid with a lace bodice!

• Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

My dress was described as a "Dazzling Beaded Bodice on Flounced Tulle and Organza Ball Gown."

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Nice!! What did you think you would wear?

I can't wait to see it!!!

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Your gown was gorgeousSmiley love

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I thought I’d wear lace. When I saw this dress online I loved it. When I tried it on in the store (it was the first one) my stepdaughters cried and I knew it was the one.
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    Crepe! It’s so soft and lightweight!
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww omg!!!

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg I am obsessed with Crepe!! I love the sleek look it givesSmiley love

• edecker
    Super May 2020
    edecker ·
    • Flag

I think that fabric isn't the first thing you think of when shopping, but it plays a huge part. Girls that want ballgown, A line, princess-y dresses will often go for tulle and similar fabrics. The sleeker shapes like mermaid and fitted are usually the silkier fabrics.

Mine is mostly tulle and i love it because in order to change it, all i have to do is add some colorful/sparkly tulle! I love how fluffy and full the skirt is because of the tulle!

• HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag

Mine is lace. Not what I initially thought I wanted, but I do love it. It's an ivory lace with a gold thread in it as well.

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oohhh that sounds so pretty!! Ivory and gold are my favorite colors, especially in anything wedding related!

• Swtnss238
    VIP May 2019
    Swtnss238 ·
    • Flag
    Sequins Lace, never saw a material like it before. Of course its not ur traditional sequin but the sparkle is amazing.
  • Nicole
    Expert May 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Crinkle chiffon.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    Mine is lace and tulle. I knew I wanted lace, but wasn't completely sold on the tulle. I love how minimal the lace is but it makes the dress pretty unique.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    My ballown is pale pink. The designer calls it Pink Champagne. I have a ruched, tulle, long waisted bodice with a sweetheart neckline that connects to a tiered, ruffled, tulle and organza skirt (that will be about 5 ft wide per the bridal salon at the bottom) with a cathedral length train. I'm 5'9" so I can pull off such a big, fluffy dress. It has beautiful crystals and pearls on the bodice. Not exactly what I had envisioned, but I knew it was THE ONE!! Perfect warm pink for a strawberry blonde, too. I love it. ❤
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg that sounds amazing!!! I love blush/pink wedding gowns, they're so unique and elegant!

• Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Jayla, it's Meena by Martin Thornburg. This crazy new app won't let me post ANY photo's. Ugh! Thank you so much!! ❤
  • Taylor
    Devoted May 2019
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

Tulle and lace! Exactly what I wanted Smiley smile

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Nice!! I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted! Did you have to try on a lot of dresses before finding "the one"?

Comment on this discussion