Daiana
Dedicated October 2019

Wedding dress

Daiana, on February 25, 2019 at 12:20 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 27
Saved Save
I finally bought my perfect dress yesterday. My wedding is in October and I was cutting it short. I was freaking out.. but thank God I found a perfect dress for my body. Just wondering how soon did you buy yours and how much did you spent? I bought it for $1600 which was way over my budget but the dress to me is so important. I will compromise other less important things.

27 Comments

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    Bought my dress at the end of October for my August wedding. It came in 2 months later instead of the original 6 months they estimated. My dress was $2k.
  • A
    Dedicated June 2019
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag
    I bought my dress in July for a June wedding and I spent 850 on mine.
  • Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I bought mine in December when I was planning on a March wedding. Cutting it close lol. I spent $760

• Gonnabeaburch
    Super July 2019
    Gonnabeaburch ·
    • Flag
    I bought my dress in January for our July wedding. I found the perfect dress and it made me so happy. Bonus, I bought it for $200 and she threw in the matching veil for an additional $20. I bought it second hand from a local woman, but it's the dress of my dreams, hits every mark on my checklist, and is in excellent condition. I will be needing minimal alterations (a bustle and some cups added) and to have it cleaned and pressed before the wedding, but even with that it is well below my original budget of $1500-$2000 which makes me beyond happy. It's such a great feeling when you find the perfect dress and take it home! Can we see your dress?!
  • Daiana
    Dedicated October 2019
    Daiana ·
    • Flag
    Wow awesome! I was trying to go cheap but nothing was flattering
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag

I bought and received mine in September for my June wedding. I got it at BHLDN for 200 dollars. I am getting the back lowered for a more dramatic back. I tried on dresses much more expensive but this one was my favorite!

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    I bought my dress last April (2018) for my August 2019 wedding. I think the dress was 1200.
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I got mine in November for an October wedding. All in (dress, veil, alterations, etc.) I was at about 1600. Dress itself was about 1100. (for what it's worth I had PLENTY of time and would have been able to order much later, but...when you know, you know!)

• Clara
    Dedicated August 2019
    Clara ·
    • Flag

I completely understand where you are coming from! My original max budget including alterations was $1,500 because I have never understood spending a lot of money on a dress. I felt so guilty when I found my dress (from BHLDN) and it was $1,400 and now almost $2,000 with alterations. I just got my dress in February and my wedding is in August. I also felt like I was cutting it close due to how long alterations can take sometimes.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Bought my dress for $1300 back in July for my June wedding (11 months out).

• Rut
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Rut ·
    • Flag
    Where you bought it?
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    I got mine in January and I paid $35 for it.
  • Daiana
    Dedicated October 2019
    Daiana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sent couture in Fanwood New Jersey
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    • Flag

I purchased mine in March 2018 for my March 2019 wedding. I didn't mean to get a dress that early - in fact, two of my friends (not BMs) and I went to a bridal consignment shop for fun and it just so happened they had the most perfect dress, that fit amazingly, for $900 that was originally $4K.

OP, pics?!

• Devin
    Super October 2019
    Devin ·
    • Flag
    I ordered mine in January for my October wedding and it came this month.
  • Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is in October too! I got my dress last October (can you tell I was excited?!) and she came in January. I still have to lose some weight before I can go visit her and try her on. I didn’t ever think I would get married and here we are! My partner got her dress around the same time and we are keeping it a secret! The big reveal will be our first look. Yay for October!
  • L
    Savvy September 2019
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I just purchased my dress for my end of September wedding @$250+ alterations to make it my own. I'm a bride on a budget and went a shop that buys dresses from big name stores that sell their old season & second hand stores that go out of business. So it tends to tons cheaper for a designer dress. I fell i love with mine sfter trying on 10 dresses & my Dtr trying on all her maid of honor dresses. I couldn't ve happier.
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is in August, but I just got my dress last week. I ordered it off Poshmark, and it was $200. This is the 3rd dress I’ve bought though 😂
  • Daiana
    Dedicated October 2019
    Daiana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Have you been buying online? I wanted to do that but I was so scared to even try lol I just went for a designer dress since I was able to try it on
  • L
    Savvy September 2019
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was looking online almost bought online but didn't know if I liked the style so I went trying on diffeeent styles. Bought mine at a local shop.

Comment on this discussion