M
Super September 2014

So annoyed about being a woman right now!

Miimii, on August 19, 2014 at 10:04 AM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save

I am going to have my period for my wedding!! I thought I would be in the clear but nope! it'll be here for the big day. I am just so annoyed about 1. wearing a white dress and that is going to have me worried all day and 2. having to make extra trips to the bathroom to change all the time bc i will be so worried. Sorry if this is TMI but gah!!! My friend told me that if i skip those pills on that week it wont come but I don't know if that will really work since my body is so use to its cycle now it might come anyways?

19 Comments

• Munashi
    Super October 2014
    Munashi ·
    • Flag

If you are sure that you are taking monocyclic birth control pills (NOT tricyclic), then you could do as your friend suggested and skip the pill at the end of your pack and start a new pack. It's possible you could still have a little break through bleeding, but it's never been a problem for me (we're all different, though). Worst case scenario, you'd bleed a bit but not as heavily so there would be less worry. I'd give it a shot. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you're concerned or have questions.

Again though, this will NOT work with tricyclic pills.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

Eat LOTS of pickles!!! i know someone who ate so many in one month that all the salt and brine dried up her period for that flow!

• futuremrsadams2014
    VIP May 2015
    futuremrsadams2014 ·
    • Flag

Skipping them should do it. It's worth a try at least. Good luck

• F
    VIP October 2014
    FutureMrsS ·
    • Flag

I used to skip my placebo pills and start the next pack all the time as a way to stop my period. I get really bad menstrual migraines and before there were pills like seasonique and seasonale it was the only way to give myself fewer periods.

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·
    • Flag

Skip the pills, it should be fine, spotting at most. consider trying the instead cups, they work for 12+ hours and are wonderful. less bathroom trips.

• Colleen
    Dedicated October 2014
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

If you are using traditional tampons/pads, you might want to consider trying a menstrual cup. They can be left in a lot longer, are more comfortable and are less likely to leak! (might still want to wear a back-up liner) Plus they're environmentally friendly (reusable) and there's no risk of TSS! Good luck!

A few examples...

http://divacup.com/

http://www.lalunacup.com/

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·
    • Flag

Talk to your dr. You should be able to adjust your pills so that you will be ok the day of.

• H
    Dedicated June 2014
    HisWifey ·
    • Flag

I would not recommend pickles. All of that acid is very likely to give you diarrhea. If you think period blood is bad in a wedding dress...

If you want it to slow down and be very light, drink a mixture of 3/4 cup of pure pineapple juice (not from concentrate) and 1/4 cup of lemon juice, drink it three times a day and itll slow it down considerably or even stop it altogether. Do it, and i guarantee one pad/tampon will last you all day.

• M
    Super September 2014
    Miimii ·
    • Flag

Wow! thanks ladies. i have never heard of the cups or the juices as remedies. i really appreciate it im expecting aunt flo today or tomorrow and i am def doing a test run with some of these this week. =)

• Fit Bride
    VIP August 2014
    Fit Bride ·
    • Flag

That stinks Miimii! Wow I didn't know about these tricks either. I was worried I would have mine too but thank Goodness it won't arrive a week after the wedding!

• M
    Super September 2014
    Miimii ·
    • Flag

@FitBride You're getting married in 3 days!!!!!

• Z
    Master May 2012
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry-- what a bummer! I guess you'll just have to look at your wedding dress and remind yourself that it'll look better on you than any man alive-- then maybe you won't mind being a woman so much. Smiley sexy

• Stacie
    Devoted October 2014
    Stacie ·
    • Flag

I'm annoyed too. I planned my wedding around NOT being on my period or Pmsing bad. And I've been so stressed with everything and dealing with unemployment that I have messed up my cycles! Im three weeks late and not pregnant. Can't predict my period anymore. So mad!

• F
    Super September 2014
    FutureMrsE ·
    • Flag

Same here. The 5 weeks in August is throwing my cycle up a week so called OB/gyn today to see which pills to skip since before she delayed my period and she skipped the last week and first week of new pack. Anxiously awaiting my call back tomorrow. Lol

• StitchingBride
    Master October 2014
    StitchingBride ·
    • Flag

I agree with fitbride. talk to your doctor and see what you can do.

• Kristin
    Super August 2015
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

I'm having this same problem. It's going to be here for my big day and I'm seriously distraught over it. lol. I've had it for vacations and big events and now this. Of course it wants to make an appearance for our wedding day! ugh! I have a huge gown too, it's going to be such a hassle.. not to mention for our wedding night. I don't want to go on pills because we are TTC during our honeymoon so it will throw everything off. I wish there was a way I can just delay it for a few days. I don't care if it comes the day after, just not the day of and I'm right on schedule! Smiley sad

• Jenn...Mrs. F!
    VIP September 2014
    Jenn...Mrs. F! ·
    • Flag

I'm on the pill and frequently skip my period based on my schedule by skipping the "placebo" pills and going straight into the next pack. I've never had it not work (in over 7 years!). My Dr. even prescribes me 4 extra months a year, so I can do this and not run out.

• M
    Super September 2014
    Miimii ·
    • Flag

Nice! i have decided im def skipping that week on my pills if it works BEST WEDDING GIFT EVER! if it doesnt then ill just have to deal with it. thanks girls!

@Zoe - lol that made me giggle truth

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·
    • Flag

Skipping the pills should work.

You might have some spotting, but it won't be full blown.

Comment on this discussion