NatHam
VIP October 2017

NWR: grey hair

NatHam, on March 3, 2017 at 12:36 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 61

I am almost 26 and I have grey hair. I started noticing grey hair when I was in high school when someone pointed it out. It's embarrassing and I hate it. I notice it more and more and have to color my hair more often. It's a genetic thing since my dad had grey hair at a very young age. Any body else...

I am almost 26 and I have grey hair. I started noticing grey hair when I was in high school when someone pointed it out. It's embarrassing and I hate it. I notice it more and more and have to color my hair more often. It's a genetic thing since my dad had grey hair at a very young age. Any body else have this issue or other insecurities? I literally tell no one about this because that's how embarrassed I am.

61 Comments

• NatHam
    VIP October 2017
    NatHam ·
    • Flag

@Brenda, your hair doesn't even look gray!! mine is ugly stringy and dry looking!

Thanks ladies, it makes me feel a lot better

• Future.Mrs.Lopez
    Devoted October 2017
    Future.Mrs.Lopez ·
    • Flag

FH has salt and pepper hair at 40. I absolutely love it on him. I still haven't gotten any greys and I'm anxiously waiting for mine.

• NikNak
    Master September 2018
    NikNak ·
    • Flag

I had a cousin bragging how she's 42 and just spotted her first grey hair, meanwhile I've been hiding mine since I'm in my early 20's (I'm 30 now). I've been extremely self conscious about it and regularly tell FH I will look like Steve Martin come our wedding day. He proceeds to be amazing and reminds me that he thinks I would be hot with white hair.

One of these days, I'll believe him.

• Seale
    Master November 2017
    Seale ·
    • Flag

My SIL started getting grey at a younger age. Shortly around when she started teaching. I believe it's why she decided to take the plunge and go blonde recently. The grey blends in well with the blonde so you can't really notice. Meanwhile my brothers and I probably won't start going grey until our 50s. My dad was 50 before he had any noticeable greys. My mom was in her late 40s before she started. FH is just bald, though. His beard will probably turn grey but he started losing his hair when he was a teenager so he just keeps it shaved.

• Caitlin
    Master July 2017
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag

My cousin started to lose his hair before he was 18, never even got grays, straight to losing it. By the time he was 21 he only had hair towards the bottom half of his head. So he always buzzes it and wears hats. My uncle and great grandfather have the same hairline but no one else in the family or on his mom's side either.

Just tell people you started that gray hair trend!

• aleigh
    Super March 2017
    aleigh ·
    • Flag

My FH started going grey at 18. It's about 50/50 black and grey now at 28. I have one strip of grey hair from a birth mark on my scalp. It's not visible because it's underneath the rest of my hair.

• Gracie Lou Freebush
    VIP October 2017
    Gracie Lou Freebush ·
    • Flag

Same age, same problem! I have dark hair so it shows more Smiley sad I get mine colored every 8-10 weeks and use one of those color corrections pens in between coloring for if any pop up and are noticeable

• Gorgame
    Expert April 2017
    Gorgame ·
    • Flag

OP what color is your natural and what color do u dye it?? If it's a very noticeable regrowth that causes u to have to color more often you have options ! Lighten the base it's less of a contrast between grey and light brown than dark brown / black no skunk line! Also get hilights even if they are brown on brown you don't have to be blonde. Again this breaks up the sever line down the part that most people hate to see grow in

• NatHam
    VIP October 2017
    NatHam ·
    • Flag

I have very dark almost black hair, I actually love the color of my hair. And I do color it. Every 4-6s or more if needed. I honestly don't think anyone can tell but I know and so self conscious that one will show. My grandma had the most beautiful silver hair, So if I had that one day I wouldn't mind but it isn't looking that way

• MRSGodiva
    Super January 2017
    MRSGodiva ·
    • Flag

I've had grey hairs since I was a little kid; it's common in my dad's family. I thought it was the coolest thing ever and even now, at 38, can't wait for a full head of grey/silver. I say embrace being a silver fox. Smiley smile

• Nicole
    Devoted September 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I'm 28 and have some. I just noticed more this morning, actually! I'm lucky right now because they are just random and not very noticeable on a regular basis. But I will just color my hair, and I've already talked to my stylus about her coloring it before the wedding. My aunt went blonde, slowly with highlights, when she started going grey because it's much less noticeable.

• ambrok
    Master October 2017
    ambrok ·
    • Flag

I was 23 when a co-worker came behind me in cubicle land n let me know of my grey hairs :o

I've highlighted my hair for more than 5 yrs n eventually just dyed my hair/roots since.

I'll be 44 n after the wedding, I'm thinking of starting the 'grey transition'...

• TheBlindBride
    Devoted June 2018
    TheBlindBride ·
    • Flag

I got my first grey hairs when I was 17. It was just the two until around 22-23 when I had a handful. Now I've been coloring my hair consistently since maybe 28 or 29? Too many grey hairs to count or yank by then.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

I colored my hair for pert near 40 years. When I first met Joe again he asked me why I did it so I tried letting the grey grow in and I love it.

It's soft and manageable, all the things I didn't think it would be. I save so much time and money now, too Smiley smile

This is my wtf leave me alone where is my drink look.

• Gorgame
    Expert April 2017
    Gorgame ·
    • Flag

4-6 weeks is totally normal for single process touch ups ! Get this product it's amazing spray it on roots and in part when u feel self conscious

• Space Princess
    VIP April 2017
    Space Princess ·
    • Flag

It's Not grey it's Glitter!

• DC
    Super May 2018
    DC ·
    • Flag

Lol my FH is 24 and had gray hair and a bald spot since before i met him at 19 lol

• AprilR
    VIP May 2018
    AprilR ·
    • Flag

I started going grey in high school. I'm now 25. I know a few girls in my class also have grey hairs. Nothing to be insecure about. We all joke about it and hated it until we realized we were all in the same boat. There are more younger women with grey hair than you realize

• @brd2be
    Expert April 2018
    @brd2be ·
    • Flag

Yep I have it, and it sucks. Less than a month after i get my hair done they are already popping up. There is a spray root touch up I buy from ulta thats definitely my friend in between colorings Smiley smile

• Nicole
    Dedicated July 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

22 here and definitely have more greys than I care to admit. I have dark blonde hair though so they're not always super noticeable, I really have to be looking hard to see them

Comment on this discussion