We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

kscha925
Super May 2014

How did you do your hair for e-pics

kscha925, on August 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 40
Saved Save

In two weeks we are doing our e-pics (Uhh, yeah..I lost 5 pounds and I'm pretty sure I gained it back already). I feel sorry for our photographer who has to try to make me look good in the pictures, since I photograph horribly. Like, seriously, nobody takes a worse picture than me. I'm worried about how I'm going to look. I don't know what to wear, I don't know how to do my hair. I don't know how to do my make up.

I'm thinking overall, I don't want to be overdressed. I want to kind of look natural, but at the same time, I don't want my hair to look like it does all the time (a crazy frizz mess). What did yous wear and how did you do your hair?? We are getting pictures taken in nature as well as in town.

40 Comments

• OhHeyItsIna
    Master November 2014
    OhHeyItsIna ·
    • Flag

My epics were vintage themed, so that's how I did my hair and makeup. More in my profile!

• E
    Devoted October 2013
    Elaine ·
    • Flag

I went to my hair stylist the day before for curls and a blow-dry (I'm glad I did!) my hair looked good even if it looked like I had no make up on in pics (since I did it myself). We took pics in a nature center trail so no elaborate change of outfits for me. I just had a striped short dress and changed the look by having two jackets, brown boots and blue peephole heels.

• Mrs.Turner
    Devoted September 2013
    Mrs.Turner ·
    • Flag

I have a curling iron called a "u-curl" it doesnt have a clamp and you just wrap pieces around the barrel. its the only curling iron i have ever found that holds curl in my hair. thats what i did for my e pics. you can buy at walmart or target Smiley smile

• Trena
    Master July 2013
    Trena ·
    • Flag

I did my own both times (had two sessions). One I kept simple since the beach gets windy, and the other I curled Smiley smile

• Kerri
    Devoted July 2020
    Kerri ·
    • Flag

Just straightened it Smiley smile I had just got it colored though Smiley tongue

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·
    • Flag

I'm thinking just something natural for mine. Probably just curling it or straightening it.

• Kerri
    Devoted July 2020
    Kerri ·
    • Flag

Sorry about the repeat!

• 2015Bride
    Super May 2015
    2015Bride ·
    • Flag

Great thread I was just about to ask the same thing as I have my photos done next weekend Smiley smile

• Amber
    VIP October 2013
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Just kept my natural and down the way it dries, hah. Did pin and put it up for the second part and pinned back for the third.

• Lindylu22
    Master October 2013
    Lindylu22 ·
    • Flag

I have e-pics on Saturday (yay!) and have no idea how I am doing my hair. I am going to get my hair cut and colored earlier in the day, so I will just get it styled there.

Amber- I LOVE your pictures, especially the first. You are drop dead naturally gorgeous.

• Michelle
    Master August 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I just curled it myself and pinned it up on one side (because it was SUPER windy that day and kept getting in my face.)

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

I had my friend's friend do my hair and makeup. She did a good job - it looked great before the pics... but it didn't translate as well into the professional pics. I had her curl my hair with a flat iron (something I haven't been able to master myself) and she just did a little more dramatic makeup than I'd wear on a normal day. I was pleased Smiley smile

• BalletShoesRachel
    VIP September 2014
    BalletShoesRachel ·
    • Flag

@Amber--OMG, your e-pics are super-cute! :-D

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I love your pictures, Amber!

• Cheetah2B
    Master June 2014
    Cheetah2B ·
    • Flag

I'm probably gonna have my hair curled and such, bc I'm not really feminine, and fh hasn't seen me done up lol. So I'm hoping to surprise him ;-).

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·
    • Flag

I wanted to look like myself as much as possible AND it was FREEZING so I didn't want to be uncomfortable.

I wore skinny jeans, an oversized sweater, and boots. I wore my hair down - but got it blown out to hold up against the wind and also got my make up done (I used to work at a salon/spa so I'm good friends with a lot of stylists and make up artists).

• Lindylu22
    Master October 2013
    Lindylu22 ·
    • Flag

I love seeing all of your engagement pictures! You ladies are lovely Smiley smile

• Mrs. Shanon V
    Master May 2014
    Mrs. Shanon V ·
    • Flag

Did mine myself. Just a quick curl and out the door. Unfortunately...it was unseasonably warm that day and pictures at the lake gave me lion-hair.

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

I have frizzy hair too!! Ack!

We've not done our photos yet so I don't know what I'll wear, but in Indianapolis there is/was a Groupon, $45 for three visits to the Blowdry Lounge, so I plan to use one of my visits to have my hair washed and styled before the shoot! Basically you pick one of five styles:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=499032330108019&set=a.499032320108020.126491.496011680410084&type=1&theater

Was thinking of doing the first one for the e-photos...

• Soonyee
    VIP June 2013
    Soonyee ·
    • Flag

I did my own hair and makeup. Curled my hair with a 1 inch iron.

You can kind of see it in my avatar.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles