Tiffany
Dedicated July 2019

daughter

Tiffany, on February 26, 2019 at 1:07 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 34
Saved Save

Hi everyone

I need opinions. What kind of dress should my 14 year old daughter wear for our wedding. She will almost be 15 when we get married so I didn't want to put her in anything to childish, but also not to mature for age. everything I see is one or the other. My bridesmaids are wearing the dress with the short sleeves and my 18 year old will wear the one shoulder both in black. Do you all think either is suitable for my 14 year old? I also have to find a dress for my 11 year old Smiley atonished

My 14 year old will not be wearing either of these dresses. This is what my bridesmaids and my 18 year old will be wearing. I need to find a similar dress for my 14 year old daughter.

dress 1daughter 1

dress 2daughter 2

34 Comments

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I don't really think either is suitable for a 14 year old. Try something with an A-line skirt!

• darcy
    Devoted June 2019
    darcy ·
    • Flag

I really like the first dress and think it's completely appropriate. I have an 8 and 12 year old. Finding the 8 something was super simple she received a gold and white dress for Christmas that she LOVED. So that was that. My 12 year old on the hand.... she hates dresses, and she's in between junior/kid sizes. I eventually found her a jumpsuit that I'm going to get altered.

Shopping for older girls is super tough! Are all of your daughters standing up with you ?

• C
    Super January 2020
    Cassie ·
    • Flag
    The first one is ok. I’m not a fan of the second one with the high slit for that age.
  • Monica
    Devoted July 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    I don’t like either of those for that age. Our daughters will be 12 and 16 when we get married and their dresses will be pretty but far simpler and “younger” looking. They’re children. That kind of body-showcasing attire isn’t necessary for teenagers. The first one being form fitting and sexy, the second one being slinky with a high leg slit... just, no.
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    • Flag
    The first dress has no cleavage, no slit, has short sleeves, is long & not super tight, so there is really nothing inappropriate about it.
    It’s more matter of taste & personal preference. I would not put 14 yo in the second dress though (and I’m very liberal lol).
    Did you ask your daughter what she would like to wear & what she will be comfortable in? I would consider this when making a decision. Also, she definitly doesn’t need to wear the same dress as your bridesmaids.
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

Just putting this out there my 14 year old won't be wearing either of these. These are what my bridesmaids and my 18 year old will be wearing. I need to find something for my 14 year old. Thanks

• Monica
    Devoted July 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were asking if either of these would work for a teenager...

I think there are lots of options that could work to be complementary with those dresses. Search for Junior Bridesmaids dresses and go from there. I like the knee length option for that age, myself.
  • Xandra
    Savvy April 2019
    Xandra ·
    • Flag
    First one is okay. I wore something similar to that to my sisters wedding at 14 and something similar to my brothers wedding at 16.
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's not suitable for a 14 year old. My 18 will be wearing that and my bridesmaids will be wearing the other one. I need to find something for my 14 year old that kind of goes with them.

• M
    Devoted July 2019
    Miranda ·
    • Flag
    What about these?

daughter 3

daughter 4

daughter 5
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No worries, I just wanted people to see what the rest of the wedding party was wearing. My 2 youngest children still need their dresses. I should have been a little more precise with what I was saying.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I found these options on JJ's House that look like they would go nicely with your choices (checkout jr.bridesmaid dresses as well as regular bridesmaid dresses):

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Princess-Scoop-Neck-Asymmetrical-Satin-Junior-Bridesmaid-Dress-With-Ruffle-009165033-g165033daughter 6

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Princess-V-Neck-Asymmetrical-Satin-Junior-Bridesmaid-Dress-009130615-g130615daughter 7

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Princess-Scoop-Neck-Floor-Length-Chiffon-Bridesmaid-Dress-With-Ruffle-007126519-g126519daughter 8

This one isn't a favorite of mine, because of the leg slit...but it at least it isn't form fitting:

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Princess-One-Shoulder-Floor-Length-Chiffon-Charmeuse-Bridesmaid-Dress-With-Ruffle-Split-Front-007153346-g153346daughter 9

https://www.jjshouse.com/Sheath-Column-Scoop-Neck-Floor-Length-Chiffon-Bridesmaid-Dress-With-Beading-Appliques-Lace-Sequins-007153322-g153322daughter 10

https://www.jjshouse.com/Empire-V-Neck-Floor-Length-Chiffon-Bridesmaid-Dress-With-Ruffle-007001785-g1785daughter 11

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    I totally misunderstood as well and thought the first dress option was for the 14 year old. I have 2 daughters and would not pick out a dress like that once they hit 14; however, that's just my personal preference.
    The first option is suitable for an 18 year old. The second is a little too sexy/mature in my opinion.
    I would take her shopping or show her the site you're interested in ordering from and see what she likes.
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    This is what my bridesmaids are wearing two of them are 15 and 14. (Not the colors) They are my nieces, their mother gave the okay on these. I would find something that both she likes and you feel comfortable with her wearing.

daughter 12

daughter 13
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I kind of like knee length for her as well. She is tall 5 ft. 5" and all legs.

• Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Well my 14 year old will not be wearing either. My almost 19 year old will be wearing the second one. She's at an age where I think that is ok for her.

• Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My 14 year old isn’t wearing either of these. My bridesmaids will be wearing the 1st one my 18 year old the 2nd. That is my dilemma some dresses look to babyish for her others to grown. I’m trying to find a happy medium that will compliment these.
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hello

Shopping for adolescent girls is hard. All 3 of my girls are standing up with me they are 18, 14 and 11 as Jr. Bridesmaids. I'm just finding it hard to find something that she likes that isn't too little baby like or too mature. She already doesn't like to dress up so I want to find something she really likes. The oldest and youngest were not hard but she is in the middle.

• Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi I've seen these my 11 year old picked out one these actually. The 14 year old nixed all of them LOL.

• Tiffany
    Dedicated July 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!! I've looked nothing tickled her fancy so..... I have to keep looking Smiley sad

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics