HereComeTheYorks
Master April 2016

Bustles oh Bustles where are you?!

HereComeTheYorks, on December 28, 2015 at 4:48 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved Save

There was a thread last week on bustles, I have searched and searched and cannot find it.

Anywayyyyyssss....

I would love love to see everyone bustle!

32 Comments

• Rebecca
    Master November 2015
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Pictures like this?

It looked great but I think the hooks were too small... it fell a couple times during the reception.

• Meghan
    Devoted January 2016
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I have a three point over bustle on my dress.

• Princess Consuela
    Master November 2015
    Princess Consuela ·
    • Flag

Mine was a one point! I was afraid it wouldn't be strong enough but my seamstress was a freakin champ.

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·
    • Flag

Princess Consuela, did you post a BAM!? If you did, I need a link!

• OG Kristen
    Master October 2015
    OG Kristen ·
    • Flag

Because of the ruffles you could barely tell that mine was bustled.

• SummerS
    Master January 2016
    SummerS ·
    • Flag

Here's one of mine that we took at one of my fittings.

• Promike
    Master September 2015
    Promike ·
    • Flag

Here is mine....I had a one point and it worked great until I was dancing too hard and stepped on my dress and broke mine. Luckily my niece is a seamstress at a wedding shop and sewed it right back on. Smiley smile

• Princess Consuela
    Master November 2015
    Princess Consuela ·
    • Flag

Not yet! I don't have my pro pics yet, and I didn't have many non-pro pics to justify a whole non-pro bam haha! I am getting so antsy!!!

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·
    • Flag

Best one I could find of it bustled. Mine had 7 hooks. My dress has so much fabric it was a bitch to bustle, but worked very well and stayed all night long through a bit of dancing and then a lot of sitting and standing as we roamed table to table to mingle.

• HereComeTheYorks
    Master April 2016
    HereComeTheYorks ·
    • Flag

These all look amazing! I had my first fitting appointment yesterday and I had the seamstress attache a wristlet and I did not like the way it looked... My dress has too many layers for all of that! So I have a button bustle now. Can't wait to get it back and take pics to share!

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

This is my bustle and a picture of it unbustled! It was 5 points and I thought it looked great both ways! Unfortunately, my brand-new husband promptly stepped on my hem not once but twice as soon as we got up to greet tables lol... so the last picture you can see my dancing with my dad with 2 of the loops broken. Luckily the others held up just fine and it didn't put a damper on my partying one bit!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

I had a single point and it broke like 15 minutes into our reception (when the Best Man had us stand for his toast it got caught on my chair). I loved the way it looked, but I had a lot of safety pins to hold it up!

• Kris
    VIP October 2015
    Kris ·
    • Flag

Mine was a 9 point bustle

• Kris
    VIP October 2015
    Kris ·
    • Flag

Here it is not bustled also.

• Chloe
    Super October 2015
    Chloe ·
    • Flag

I don't have any pics of mine. I had a 6 point and it was difficult for everybody to do, even though they were there and shown how it was supposed to be done.

• Fiona
    Master December 2015
    Fiona ·
    • Flag

Best pic I could find. The satin part was bustled separate from the lace part of my gown.

Master February 2016
    ****** ·
    • Flag

I should have a picture of mine tomorrow, and I am so excited because I loved the pinned version.

• HereComeTheYorks
    Master April 2016
    HereComeTheYorks ·
    • Flag

I'm just trying to make sure mine doesn't come out looking like one of Cinderella's Stepsisters! lolol

• Kelli
    Master September 2015
    Kelli ·
    • Flag

I had a 9 point bustle. I loved it! My daughter said it looked like a Disney princess Smiley smile

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·
    • Flag

Following! I'm anxious to see how my mermaid-style dress will look bustled...

Comment on this discussion