140 Reviews for Yanni Design Studio

Chuppah Decor (2)
Non-Floral (2)
Single Flowers (2)
140 Yanni Design Studio Reviews

One of our banquet servers told me that out of all the weddings they've had there, ours was the most beautiful, and I totally credit YDS for that! They are expensive for sure (our most expensive vendor after our venue), but they do an amazing job! They took a plain looking venue and turned it into a dream! Everyone commented on how beautiful our wedding was! Stephanie was also amazing to work with! We have zero regrets here!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 12/2/17, 14 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up
2.2

I am not someone who ever provides negative feedback in a public setting, but my husband and I do not recommend Yanni Design Studio. It was otherwise a lovely day, but after poor day-of execution and rude treatment of my mother and wedding planner, my husband and I both felt let down by Yanni and Sylwia.

We planned to only share this feedback with the venue and other vendors, who were disappointed to hear about our bad experience, but we reached out to Yanni & Sylwia 2 weeks ago about the poor day-of execution and got not even an apology (we had asked for a refund on ceremony services paid for but not received, in context a very small amount from a rather large spend). Don't feel like going too far into detail, so I'll just share excerpts from our post-wedding email they never responded to:

- "While the reception decor was stunning and we loved the band backdrop, [bride & groom] are both very disappointed in the day-of execution of your team, and to be honest, our feelings are terribly hurt."
- "The bouquets being purple and not being what we had discussed (smaller versions of centerpiece floral theme), not ideal, but we could look past that. The boutonnieres arriving late, we were able to look past that too. (and to be honest, as a top event designer in Chicago, do you feel OK with a client having to "look past" those kinds of things?) But what we cannot look past is the disorganization at the church."
-"...were extra horrified to later find out that one of our friends, a wedding guest, was practically run over by your staff as he brought in flowers. Also, you asked the church be ready 3 hours prior to the start time for set-up, and our priest waited for your team just for them to walk in 10 minutes before the start, causing us to begin late."
-"But the hardest part to understand is that you've placed the blame on us for 'last minute changes imposed on your staff' when our planner worked with you to provide a very detailed timeline to follow."

Profile Picture anastasia, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My now wife and I came to see Yanni for our wedding decor after being highly recommended to him by friends who had used him for their wedding. He is a magical wedding decor genius to say the least! Yanni and Sylwia assisted us and they are both extremely patient people. My wife and I went back and forth with them about our wedding decor vision and felt no pressure ever from Yanni. He and Sylwia made fabulous suggestions for our wedding. You can tell how passionate Yanni and his team throughout the planning process. We were blown away the day of our wedding when we arrived at our reception hall and finally saw the full intricacies and beauty of what Yanni and his team accomplished. Thank you all for making our special day that much more memorable! We highly recommend Yanni Design Studio!!!

Photo for Yanni Design Studio Review - Wall of roses with my new family.
Photo for Yanni Design Studio Review - One of the three different table center pieces.
Profile Picture Arturo, 9/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Finding a decorator that was able to fulfill my vision was one of the most important parts of my wedding day, and for any bride! Yanni and Sylwia worked diligently and patiently with me to help me come up with my dream wedding. Their patience, creative talent, professionalism and commitment to my vision is what drew us to select them as our wedding decorator for all our wedding events. YDS provided decor for all four of our south asian wedding events, and it turned out beautifully! They really are very passionate about their work and the most committed vendor we worked with. Sylwia went above and beyond answering my hundreds of questions, changes, and adjusting things based on our budget (budgeting for four events is not an easy task!) She was always so cheerful, supportive, offered many suggestions and knew exactly what i needed. I can't thank her enough! Both Yanni and Sylwia also never turned down an opportunity to meet in person and we never felt rushed. In the end, the final results is what matters and it was beyond my expectations! Thank you so much Yanni & Sylwia for making my dream wedding come true!

Profile Picture Neha, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We worked with Shari and her team at Yanni Design and had the most amazing experience. From the planning stages to implementation, she was there with us every step of the way.

In terms of the planning, when we first met with Shari we didn't have a specific idea of what we wanted but we knew what we liked and didn't like and we knew we wanted a wedding that really represented the both of us. We showed her a couple of picture for inspiration and she was instantly able to create a vision that aligned with our personalities. Not only was she great at listening and picking up on what we liked but she also didn't hesitate to express her opinions when we asked her for feedback.

And then came the wedding day... I will always remember that moment of walking into Bridgeport and seeing the set-up. It was absolutely AMAZING (the picture below is the photo I took after walking in). I am still blown away thinking about how beautiful our mundap looked and how when I walked in a wave of emotion flew over me because I was looking at absolute perfection. Our guests could not stop talking about the decor either .... they all said it was as if they were in a dream and that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to.

The only word I can use about describing the job YDS did decorating our wedding is perfection. If you are trying to figure out who to work with on your wedding day, don't look any further - definitely work with Yanni.

Profile Picture Tina, 7/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Chuppah Decor, Table Arrangements

Yanni gets 5 stars only because there aren’t more! Stephanie was wonderful to work with! She always returned phone calls and accommodated a first meeting with the bride via facetime due to a job commitment out of town. Stephanie not only designed everything according to what was envisioned, but was also able to suggest ways to re-purpose to get the most for the dollar. Only regret is being unable to post the pictures to provide a visual. Totally recommend with zero reservation!

Profile Picture Phyllis, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
2.2

From my experience, if you aren't spending more than $10k with this vendor, they really don't care about you. I had to double and triple and quadruple check my order and it still wasn't correct. YSD also arrived very late to my venue, almost didn't finish in time and left my aisle wrinkled. The event ending up looking good but they were such a headache to work with that I would not recommend using them. Take your money elsewhere!

Profile Picture Brandy, 3/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Hari and I would like to thank everyone and Yanni studio for making our day so special. A very special thanks to sylwia who helped us through it all, she was able to execute my ideas perfectly. She knew exactly what I wanted on our special day !! Yanni design team went above and beyond to make everything perfect ??Thank you so much for making everything perfect !! It was a dream come true.

Profile Picture Sabeea, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Yanni and Sylwia were very helpful in helping get the look we wanted. They communicated well up to the event. Although some details were done incorrectly, everything was beautiful overall!

Profile Picture User5594474, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

Yanni Design Studio is beyond any other!! With their unmatched talent, creativity and passion, they helped us design step by step the most stunning and elegant Reception! Every detail was absolutely PERFECT and they went out of their way to make it so. Magdalena was a pleasure to work with and made everything super easy for us. We are still getting compliments on the decor to this day :) Worth every cent!!!

Profile Picture Smita, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

WOW! What can I say about our floral decor at our Armour House Wedding? It was absolutely stunning!!! We knew Yanni was the best going in to the wedding, but we were absolutely amazed at how it all came to together. It was even better than what we expected! Stephanie was a great contact person to work with through our wedding planning process. She knew exactly what I wanted and she took my thoughts and ideas and brought them all to life in a spectacular way. Everyone at the wedding commented repeatedly on how incredible the floral arrangements were - everything from the bouquets, to the table settings, to the decor throughout the venue (especially the fountain!), it was all perfect. Thank you again!!

Profile Picture Kim, 6/11/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

My husband and I had a wonderful experience working with Yanni Designs. They truly created the wedding of our dreams, and I honestly didn't even think I had a wedding of my dreams in mind. We wanted a really traditional South Indian wedding, which is a different look than many of the more modern looking weddings they had put together in the past, but they made it happen! Thank you so much, especially Sylwia, who was very responsive and accommodating the whole time. The only kicker was that it was more expensive than I had anticipated, but in the end I felt like it was worth it.

Profile Picture User5364950, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Yanni and Stephanie are amazing! From our very first meeting to the actual event, they have been there through every step of the decor process. Planning decor for an Indian wedding is not easy, but they made the process so seamless. I was very particular about every detail of the decor, but Stephanie had no problem answering my calls/emails in a timely fashion and getting me an answer to every question I had. The most compliments I received after the wedding was over was about the decor. All of my guests were "WOWED" by Yanni's work. If you want the best of the best, then Yanni is definitely it!!

Profile Picture S, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

This was my second time using Yanni for a wedding!
He and his staff are amazing from start to finish!
Would highly recommend them if you are looking for that
"WOW" factor!!!!!

Profile Picture Sue , 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Yanni did the most beautiful job at my wedding. When I walked into my reception, it was Heaven. Every detail was so well thought out and came together perfectly. They created my dream for me. Shari was so easy to work with and shared lots of great ideas. It has been almost a month and my guests are still telling me how beautiful my wedding was. Thanks Yanni!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our wedding was magical! Yanni Design Studio did an incredible job creating the perfect look for our wedding. Sylwia and Yanni listened to what we wanted and executed the centerpieces and other decor beautifully and with great attention to detail. The room was transformed into an elegant, real-life fairy tale that was beyond my expectations. A special thanks to Sylwia for her guidance throughout the process and her devotion to assisting me in accomplishing the wedding of my dreams. She is amazing!

Profile Picture Holly, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My wedding was absolutely STUNNING! I could not have pictured anything more beautiful! Yanni provided floral, décor, and lighting- I can't wait to see more pictures. All of the floral was amazing- the head table, place card table and guest tables!! It was everything I had hoped and more. I worked with Stephanie, who was amazing! Char is also amazing and of course yanni for dreaming up the design. Any one getting married in the Chicagoland area should use them! Best décor vendor ever!

Profile Picture Jamie , 1/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Yanni Designs Studios provides impeccable taste and quality. If you're willing to expand your budget a little, there is no one that provides better service. They take pride in their work, and so the end product is always flawless. They are willing to work with you on your vision, and collaborate to make sure your wedding is the fairytale you imagined. This is the 2nd time we have gone through their services, and they have only gotten better.

Profile Picture User4946403, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

They are absolutely amazing. I had a vision in my head when planning the decor and Char was on point with everything. She even added some beautiful little touches that made our ceremony and reception a mystical wonderland. Everyone was commeneting on how beautiful all our lights and decor was. Thanks to yanni design they made my dream wedding come to life!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/30/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

We dreamt of an outdoor wedding, chose our date as the one with the least chance of rain & booked our venue based on it's beautiful outdoor ceremony setting. When we realized just 3 days before that it was definitely going to rain during our ceremony, I called Lauren frantically only to find she was extremely flexible & so helpful with a last-minute change to move the ceremony indoors. When your dreams are literally rained on, it's unbelievably assuring to have a vendor like them that is calm, organized & flexible as they were. Our ceremony turned out beautiful beyond words & we do not regret moving inside for one second! As for the reception, OH MY GOODNESS. There are literally no words to describe how amazing it was. I knew YDS was amazing, but they blew the top off my expectations & went so far beyond what was expected. I told them I wanted over-the-top extravagant but I never imagined it would be quite this amazing! From the initial phone call & planning meeting to the final product, the entire experience was perfect. We would recommend them to anyone who wants their wedding to be one that all your guests rave about & where your dream wedding comes to life!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

My wedding was absolutely beautiful thanks to the wonderful work done by Yaani, Sylwia and the whole team at Yaani Design Studios. YDS did the flowers and decorations for my Sangeet, Ceremony and Reception.

I worked with Sylwia for most of my work and she was incredibly responsive, creative and willing to hear all my ideas. She was also very organized and flexible which made the whole process run so smoothly. My guests were stunned with the amazing quality of the flowers, the attention to detail and the overall stunning decor. Several people told me it was the most beautiful wedding that they had ever been to and this was because of the team at YDS.

Although YDS was ~20%-30% more expensive then other vendors I worked with they were very willing to work within my budget and did not try to upsell me or add in extra costs. All in all I could not have been happier with the way everything looked down to the bouquets, aisle, and lights.

You can trust them completely to create the day of your dreams. Stop looking and work with YDS.

Profile Picture Shaistah, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Yanni went over every detail, including ones that we didn't think of. Everyone raved about the flowers and the decor. I've had Yanni for both of my daughters weddings, and I can't say enough. Everyone to this day still talks about the venue.

Profile Picture Rita, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Yanni Design Studio is a magical place where they made a young girls dream wedding come true. They truly know how to make a fairy tale wedding real and affordable. I was first to plan for a wedding in my family, we had a hard time deciding a place, a date and food to serve, let alone color theme and flowers. We didn't know where to start. When we called Yanni's to make an appointment, they were as excited as we were to meet and get things started. From the moment we started discussing colors and flower types and decor, i knew this was gonna be something to remember. Yanni and Stephanie were on top of it all, every single detail that you could possibly imagine they covered. Yanni listen to what i had planned in my head that i wanted and he new exactly how he was gonna do it. He stayed within our budget and fit whatever he could in that budget! He did everything possible to make it just like i explained and even better. His ideas are absolutely amazing. Hes straight forward and will tell you if its possible or not or if its worth the money. He made what we thought was going to be an overwhelming situation, so calm and answered all our questions. . He showed me the centerpiece exactly how it was going to be before the actual wedding. it was so nice to see what it was going to look like! The day of the wedding i was speechless, with every single detail from lights, to drapes, to the freshest flowers, to candles, to an unbelievable head table and aisle. It was something out of a movie! and Never a problem! They are easy to work with, which everyone needs when planning a wedding. To have one less stress and worry is worth everything! Also, Stephanie was very sweet and easy to work with, for payments and follow up appointments. Thank Yanni and Stephanie for making my fairy tale wedding a reality!

Profile Picture Enza, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Yanni and his team did an amazing job creating my fairytale wedding day. I felt listened to and the outcome was better than I could have ever dreamed. We have received so many compliments on how beautiful everything turned out.... From the flowers, to the lighting, drapery, etc everything was truly amazing!! I'm so happy I chose Yanni to be part of my special day!!! We are so grateful and pleased with our experience. We also enjoyed working with Sylwia, she was extremely kind, attentive, and professional. Highly recommend Yanni and his team. You are getting the best!!

Profile Picture Maria, 6/27/15, 1 Review
3.7

I DID love everything Yanni created for our wedding. They are a bit pricey, but they put on a beautiful display. It was a bit hard to get them to work within my budget, but we came to a compromise. The only issue we had was they want final payment before the wedding, and it's a bit easier to pay right after (receiving gift money, giving some time to save and come up with the payment) maybe come up with a payment plan with customers? Otherwise everything was excellent and my flowers were gorgeous!

Profile Picture Serafina, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews