41 Reviews for Windcatcher Photography

Wedding Portraits (4)
Albums (4)
Liability Insurance (2)
41 Windcatcher Photography Reviews

Chao was so great to work with! We are absolutely LOVE our wedding pictures. He was so easy to work with, gave great direction, was flexible, professional and very responsive prior to the wedding. Seriously, I recommend him to ALL brides in the tri state area, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Fernanda, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Wedding Portraits

We are head over heels with our photos! Thank you Chao for a phenomenal job of photographing our wedding and ensuring everything went smoothly. Chao was professional, quick to reply, and understood right away what we wanted without having to give him too many instructions. As I was planning my own wedding from overseas, Chao provided suggestions about the details, the timeline and photo locations which we were so grateful for. He also met up with us to do a site check prior which I really appreciate and shows that he really cares about his clients and getting the best shots. And at the end of a grueling 11 hour shift, he was still smiling.

A few days after the wedding, he sent over some sample shots (which we weren't expecting) and we are BLOWN AWAY at how beautiful they are. You can tell right away that he takes pride in his work and is so talented in capturing shots in the right moment that highlighted our personalities. I am so happy to have found Chao for our wedding and I would highly recommend him for any job!

Profile Picture Kaming, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chao did such amazing job photographing our wedding this past July! From the moment we had our introductory phone call to the day of the wedding Chao went above and beyond what we ever even expected. The photos are beautiful and captured both the formal and more silly parts of the wedding (and my husband and I both LOVE the dance floor photos). He even helped the groomsmen with their boutonnieres! I would recommend Chao to anyone looking for a professional, relaxed, and hardworking photographer who is amazing at their craft!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

Chao is awesome! I booked him for a anniversary party my husband and I had in Jamesport, NY. He was wonderful to work with from start to finish. He went above and beyond my expectations. The photos he took were amazing!! But not only were his compositions artistic and interesting, he captured moments with family and I that were candid and unscripted. Capturing emotion that was only there for a second but he didn't miss it. He was professional, punctual, even arriving early to the church, and sending us a few finished shots only days after the party when I was desperate to see some. He got every important moment without me even realizing he was snapping a shot. He was always present if you wanted to ask him to take a photo but not intrusive. He could see when you were engaged in conversation and would wait patiently until he could direct the photo. I can't say enough about what I great choice he was and if you are thinking of hiring him you will be nothing but happy that you did!

Profile Picture Kristine, 7/13/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Me and my husband got married at the NYC City Hall, and Chao was with us for the ceremony and some extra shot. It was a really pleasant experience, he is friendly but also discreet, he was giving us advice for the pictures but also capturing the natural moments. We received AMAZING photos of that day, with some previews just a couple of days after the ceremony. I really suggest to hire Chao for your wedding!

Profile Picture Elena, 5/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chao was absolutely the perfect photographer for us! We had our first meeting and knew he understood our style and what we really wanted. After looking at his portfolio we saw that he did amazing candid photos where you can really see the movement and feel the life in the party. We only wanted a handful of portraits (that were also beautiful) and macro/getting ready shots. The candid shots made me feel like I was right back at the reception! He was early to the hotel to take photos of my husband and I getting ready and was an absolute professional and kept with the schedule I had in mind. We had him for 10 hours and his pricing was amazing and in our budget. He did a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files

The pictures that we received from Windcatcher came out ABSOLUTELY beautiful! It was wonderful working with Chao on our special day! Chao took all of our requests into account and in addition, added his artistic eye in to many others to create our dream wedding album. We ended up with all of the poses that we requested and many others that were beautiful and unexpected! Chao was at our church on time and utilized the time in the most effective and enjoyable way. Chao is a truly talented artist and his work reflects this!! I recommend Chao to any bride and groom who want an affordable, yet amazing photographer for their most important day!

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

I don't even know where to start! Chao took photos for our wedding on October 28, 2016 and was absolutely incredible. He was professional, on time, and made sure to get all of the photos we requested. His photos were amazing, and he was right in the middle of the action without being intrusive. The first look photos he sent us are INCREDIBLE and I am so excited to see the rest. Leading up to the wedding, any email I sent him was answered almost immediately, and he could not have been easier to work with. I am so grateful we found him, and hope to work with him again in the future. If you are looking for a professional, talented, and responsive photographer, Chao is the best!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

I don't even begin to know where to start, or how I could put to paper how much I want to sing Chao's praises! From our very first phone call to the last photo he took on our wedding day, Chao was personable, professional, engaged, interested in our vision, fun to be around, and a true pleasure to work with. Leading up to the wedding, he took the time to meticulously walk through our day-of schedule with us and help us get an idea of how we needed to plan on the big day. On our wedding day, he followed the schedule exactly (a big deal for me!), and was a great sport going all over - from the hotel to the photo spot to the venue - getting the best pictures! The sneak peak shots he sent us were OUT OF THIS WORLD and I can't wait to see the rest! My only regret is not taking engagement photos with him, since I know those would have been amazing too! If you're looking for a laid back, professional, fun to be around, creative photographer, I would absolutely recommend Chao as your guy!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

BOOK HIM!!! Chao is a dream come true. His photos are breathtaking, he is a true professional, and he is the nicest guy you will ever work with. You will not go wrong booking him; he is amazingly talented and will work hard to create the photos of your dreams!!!

Profile Picture Holly, 9/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We met with Chau about a year before our wedding and knew instantly that he was the perfect photographer for our wedding. He has a photo-journalist approach to photography, which is what we were looking for for our wedding. Leading up to the wedding, Chau was very responsive. He scouted the location prior to the wedding, which made the day-of wedding photos at the venue stress-free and easy. On the wedding day, he arrived on time and was very professional. He had a great attitude and helped us feel comfortable and calm in front of the camera. He was very efficient with family portraits and made sure that we were able to enjoy some of the cocktail reception. The prints we have seen so far have been stunning. I would highly recommend Windcatcher Photography.

Profile Picture User7318077, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I are so happy that we had Chao as our photographer. He was wonderful. We had our engagement photo session last month and the photos came out great. I can't wait to see my wedding pictures. He was very patient the whole time. Our guest list expanded from 40 people to 108 and he handled the change very well. He was always around taking pictures and always taking his time to make sure the picture and background was good. Even when things were hectic, he was very patient and nice to the guests. He had a lot of wonderful suggestions on how to make the pictures better as well. Very fair with his pricing and very affordable.

Profile Picture Yin, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I were undecided on whether we should have a photographer as we were receiving some crazy quotes. Having done some research my wife found Windcatcher Photography's portfolio online and was immediately taken with his work. Having then checked reviews, we decided to contact him. Not only was he extremely great value, he was extremely accommodating. He was a pleasure to deal with. So, we booked him for our special day.

Which was a GREAT decision.

His photography and manner is of the highest order. He is not a dominating personality, who barks out orders. He works with the couple to provide the shot required and always put our needs first. Chao is a wonderfully polite and charming man. As an aside, he said something to me about my wife and I that I will never forget. What was it? That stays between Chao and I, but suffice to say it was one of the most perceptive and nicest things anyone has said about us. I bring this up because he has a really keen eye and notices things that other may not, which meant some amazing and unexpected photos of real quality. One example: My father wasn't able to attend our wedding, as he is no longer with us. We honoured him with a boutonniere placed on a chair to the side of the ceremony. It wasn't obvious at all, but Chao had the foresight to recognise that this was for someone special and produced a beautiful and classy photo without prompting. I had forgotten to get a picture, and was delighted to see this in the images he sent over.

Two weeks after the event, we received the full colour corrected set of images. Wow. Just Wow. He had captured the spirit and humour of our ceremony & the joy and energy of our reception perfectly. Every single photo was one to cherish.

I would not hesitate to recommend Chao, in fact, I insist you give him a call for your wedding or event! You really will not be disappointed...

Profile Picture Dunstan, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

We were blessed and lucky to have found Chao! He was super friendly, responsive and incredibly thorough. He came through on our big night and delivered! From the bridal suite to the wedding venue, the man just went to work and captured the magic that occurs on such a lovely night. It’s really when you see the photos, do you really see the behind-the-scenes and are able to relive through the amazing captures. I was flying everywhere throughout the night and he somehow was right on our tails capturing it all. That’s pretty insane. We just got back the photos a few days ago and we're in absolute love with them. It isn't overly edited (huge preference) and they’re just incredible. He captured our whole night in an artistic but natural quality/manner and it was perfection. From the family requested group photo shots to the intimate moments of the night, he caught it. The composition, lighting and his skill set is all there. Chao was super friendly and just a godsend to work with. We couldn’t be any happier with his work. This man has the eyes, the heart and the skillset and we’re honored to have hired him for our one-in-a-lifetime wedding photographer.

Profile Picture User6524944, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chao made the pictures of our wedding at the 27. of November this year and he did such a really great job on this day.
He was very professional and "invisible" at the ceremony and shot some really beautiful pictures and was able to freeze the emotions of the ceremony with his wonderful work.
We highly recommend Chao as a Wedding Photographer.

Profile Picture Nina, 11/27/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

You will not regret booking Chao for your wedding! He was great. We have only seen a few of our pictures so far but they are amazing! Chao is very friendly, helpful and really knows what he is doing. If you want beautiful wedding photos and a great experience overall... Book with Windcatcher Photography :]

Profile Picture erin, 11/14/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Although I haven't gotten my prints from Chao yet, he was an absolute pleasure to work with at my wedding. He did a great job wrangling my bridal party for portraits, put up with my inability to take a serious picture, and everytime I looked around during the night to see if he was capturing a moment, there he was. He sent me a sneak preview and they're all awesome so far, and he's been extremely receptive throughout the whole process. I look forward to seeing the results soon!

Profile Picture User4799292, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files

Chao was excellent! He took all the beautiful pictures we requested and more. He was so easy to work with and so appreciative of sharing our wedding day with him. He was always in the background, not in the way of the ceremony or any other parts of the wedding. He even sent us a teaser of 10 pictures the day after the wedding which was not expected. Two months later he mailed us the flashdrive with all the photos do do what we please and the album looks great! We would highly recommend him for a photographer.

Profile Picture Katherine, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We couldn't be happier with our decision to use Chao for our wedding! He was very professional, friendly and patient throughout our planning process and of course the big day. The photos he took are beautiful, and exactly what we hoped for. He was also very fast to respond to all my messages, and we received the previews and finished package very quickly as well. Chao's portrait style is very fun and relaxed which is exactly what we were looking for. I would highly recommend Chao, and we will be cherishing our photos and photo album for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Liz, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chao is the BEST! My husband met up with him initially in the city about a year before our wedding. He came home and told me that he loved Chao's work and really liked Chao as a person--so we booked him for our July 2015 wedding! I didn't meet Chao until the day of our wedding; however, we had corresponded on numerous occasions through email. Chao promptly responds to emails and is always friendly and polite. When I met Chao on the day of our wedding, I knew right away that he was going to capture our day perfectly! Chao arrived early to scope our venue and he was present and helpful throughout the day...never pushy or in our faces. The day after our wedding, Chao already sent us five edited pictures!!! They were gorgeous! We can't wait to see all of the photos from our day! I also hope to remain in contact and friends with Chao after all is said and done because he is truly a kind, sweet, good person! :)

Profile Picture J, 7/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We booked Chao for our wedding on June 21st. He is absolutely fantastic and we are so glad we found him!!! We have a unique story, and had only 3 weeks to plan our Special Day. While under a very tight timeline before and the day of, you would never know we were crunched for time as the pictures came out unbelievably stunning! His prices are unbeatable for what you get, and he is one of the nicest people to work with. He always got back to me in a timely manner throughout the whole process. We already have plans to use him again in the future. :)

Chao, we cannot thank you enough for making this part of our day seamless and perfect!!

If you want pure talent, a personality that everyone can get along with (this goes a LONG way on your wedding day), with high-quality product, then HIRE CHAO!!!

Profile Picture User5408702, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

Chao is amazing!
Seriously, I couldn't wish for a better photographer. Chao follows the idea of a perfect picture - I mean he makes sure that the dress looks equally beautiful on both sides, takes time to improve the posing and surroundings. Even though our photosession took a bit longer, he never mentioned extra minutes. During the photosession he was gentle and patient (you imagine how nervous the bride gets in that day! :-))
Also Chao sends you a couple of samples on the second day after the wedding, so you can see how they come out. I even asked for an extra one, and he was kind to send it to me. The quality is perfect!
I highly recommend working with Chao, this talent deserves attention, especially among all these overpriced photographers

Profile Picture Nina, 6/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chao was amazing!!! We found him online and he was incredibly responsive to our alternative wedding. We wanted candid pictures of the night and really didn't want the standard posed shots. He did amazing! I wish I could post the beautiful moments he got on camera. We are dying for the rest of his work. I would recommend this man to anyone.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I recently took our engagement pictures with Chao and the photos came out beautiful. His photos are just so bright and clear and they print beautifully. He is really personable, great to talk to, easy to work with, while remaining really professional. I am so excited to have him take our wedding photos. He was so kind enough to give us a great price for the entire package and he added on so many things without any extra costs. Wedding photography can get really expensive, and windcatcher photography was so affordable for the same quality as other photographers who charge a lot more. He's relatively new in the business, but no one should hesitate to hire him. I absolutely recommend him.

Profile Picture User4479030, 2+ years ago, 1 Review