50 Reviews for William West Studio

Albums (2)
Canvas (2)
Destination / Travel (1)
43 William West Studio Reviews

William West was such a pleasure to work with! We absolutely love our photos. Will and his second shooter Bri both did an amazing job. Our guests, family and friends all sing their praises as well! We're so grateful that they captured such great moments. Every time I look at the photos, I can't help but smile! Thanks again for doing such a wonderful job photographing our wedding!

Profile Picture K, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

William was such a treat to work with. From our first interaction via phone to follow up emails and schedules, William was always prompt, detail oriented and reliable. We held numerous calls with him (my fiance was a bit nervous) and William was really patient answering all our concerns.

On the day of the wedding, it felt like William wasn't even there. Let me explain! I wasn't constantly reminded of a photographer being in our faces asking us to smile...but, the pictures speak for themselves! I remember first seeing them and thinking how in the world did he manage to capture those small but important moments. We enjoyed working with William so much that we already recommended him to several friends (this was before our wedding - ha!). In the end, the photos turned out beautifully....colors were vibrant and super natural and we had a good balance of posed and not posed shots. I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Cat, 4/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

The pictures speak for themselves!

Photo for William West Studio Review - williamweststudio
Photo for William West Studio Review - williamweststudio
Profile Picture Sepi, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Of all of our wedding vendors that we took a risk with, Will provided the highest reward. He is like that friend that you don't speak to very often but can rely on to be there for anything. Just when I didn't know if he was around capturing my favorite moments, I saw him assimilating and camouflaged into the party. His work speaks for itself - it's gorgeous, it's fun, it's romantic and it's happy. Will is comforting and he is honest. He understands what the day is about. He provided ideas and was smoothly in control. William West is highly professional and talented.

Profile Picture Cara, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Prints
4.7

Will photographed my wedding over Labor Day weekend and I can not recommend him enough! He is excellent at setting up perfect shots and helped both of us get comfortable in front of the camera on a pretty high stress day. We requested a second shooter, Hannah Cohen, who Will recommended and booked on our behalf. They were an excellent team and we are ecstatic with the preview gallery we've been given. Overall a great experience and we still can't believe what an excellent deal we got at such high quality!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

We loved working with William! He had great ideas about where to take pictures on our wedding day! When we were searching for a wedding photographer, William took the time to speak to us on the phone to learn about us and what we were looking for. We found that William had a similar style as ours. We were looking for someone who would take more candid shots and he was excited about doing that. About a month or two before the wedding, he sent us a form to fill out about what we were specifically looking for on the wedding day. He made sure that every photo we wanted, we got! He also brought one of his associates, Heather, who was wonderful to work with as well. It was great having two photographers to make sure that every moment was captured!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We can honestly say that William traveled the world for us. We did something small and intimate over 3000 miles from home and William was about the only photographer showing us genuine interest. He made us feel that however small our wedding is, it is still as important as any he has covered. Photographs our beautiful, creativity is through the roof, we won't recommand William West Studio enough.

Profile Picture Jean-Francois, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Wow! My husband and I were so impressed with Will. His photography is increadibly beautiful, he was always very quick to respond to emails/phone calls, and just very on top of everything leading up to the day and day of. You will certainly not be disappointed by hiring Will as your wedding photographer! We can't say enough wonderful things about him and our beautiful wedding photos!! Just wonderful!!

Profile Picture rachel, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

This is my first impression review for William West. Our wedding is still over a year away, but booking a strong photographer was really important to us. When I found William West my first thought was that his pictures were gorgeous. After talking with him, I found him to be incredibly down to earth and he has such a refreshing approach toward weddings. He understands that this is an important day but it can also be a financial struggle for some and he was really helpful working with us to provide the services we were looking for at a price we could afford. I am truly looking forward to working with WIlliam on our wedding day!

Profile Picture User6160820, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Will was my favorite vendor to work with for my wedding. He worked within my budget and was able to provide everything I wanted. His photos are absolutely stunning. My photographer was my #1 priority. Pictures last a lifetime and I am so happy that Will provided me with pictures that I want to look at for years to come!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Seriously could not have been happier with how all of our photos turned out. William was super discreet and professional throughout the entire day and incredibly accommodating. We really wanted more candid style photography for our wedding where the photos really represented what was happening in the moment rather than having photos that were too "posed" and WW could not have done a better job on the execution, he was able to capture the small special moments that we will now be able to remember forever thanks to the photos. A huge plus to add is that he doesn't travel with a ton of equipment so it's not a huge obtrusive production to the day, instead it felt like he was barely there. I highly recommend you book WW if you want a stress-free and amazing experience.

Profile Picture LisaMarie, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

William and his assistant were amazing to work with!! We would 100% recommend working with him! He sent us over preview pictures right away and we already want to print them all!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about William. From the very beginning, he was always fast to respond to my inquiries. Our wedding was this past Saturday, and we instantly connected. Although my husband and I are camera shy, he made us feel so comfortable and we really had such a blast shooting with him. It's like he read our minds with the shots he was taking. He captured our love so beautifully and truly captured our spirits as well as our friends and family.
During the reception I couldn't even tell he was around us- which made for some unbelievable candid shots.
The next day we were sent a preview of some of the shots and we were shocked at how beautiful everything came out. Everyone we show them to is just in awe. I truly cannot express how grateful I am to have found him. William documented our dream day so perfectly- his talent is truly magical.

Profile Picture sara, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

William is an extraordinary photographer with the ability to capture moments that you didn't even know existed or were happening! Between our engagement photos and wedding photos, William has surprised and impressed my husband and I over and over again!!! He was always available to talk on the phone or converse over email about ANYTHING I had questions about throughout the entire year of wedding planning! He was very helpful with creating and modifying my wedding day itinerary that I provided for my other vendors and wedding party. At the end of the day, if you want a passionate photographer that truly enjoys and has an eye for capturing spontaneous, loving moments between everyone on your wedding day... WILLIAM IS YOUR GUY!!! He has a real eye for beauty and doesn't force you to do anything corny or stage anything that feels awkward. He treated me like a real princess on my wedding day and listened to what I wanted without making me feel like this was just another "gig" for him. Thank you SO much William for showing us your real passion for photography and capturing so many beautiful moments during both our engagement session in NYC and our wedding day in NJ! As my husband always says, you were our favorite vendor!! :)

Profile Picture Denise, 7/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

William was great - very responsive to emails so we were able to schedule quickly, very flexible with location (I wanted to shoot at a museum that had some specific rules), and very talented. We really love our photos!! Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture User5127630, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

When we got married, we had planned to have a friend who did photography to take our pictures. However, due to scheduling complications, this person was not able to provide their service. We contacted William West Studio, with a very tight budget, and William worked with us every step of the way. He was very professional throughout the whole experience and the photos that we received were absolutely beautiful. 24 photos were uploaded online within a day of the ceremony and all of them were uploaded to the website for our download within a month and a half of the ceremony.

After going to several other weddings, I have noticed that many photographers get in the way, and don't really care if they are rudely blocking other people from seeing. William did not do this. He was very courteous of all of our guests, and I would highly recommend him to anyway looking for a great photographer. He was very flexible and made the whole process very easy.

Profile Picture User5526402, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images

We were lucky enough to work with William and his second shooter Jorge for our wedding this past August. William is a talented photographer with an eye for capturing genuinely beautiful moments and setting up great shots. Jorge was also great, and we were so happy that the two shared very similar shooting styles. All of the shots from our wedding seemed totally natural and did not feel forced or posed. They were not intrusive at all when they worked, and we barely noticed they were there. We wanted to avoid any and all cheesy shots, and we did not have to worry about that at all with this team. William stayed with us the whole day and went to multiple locations with no issues. He was also extremely responsive to e-mail and very easy to work with during the planning process. The pictures were ready and posted sooner than I thought they would be, and they were so beautiful. The photos were so professional, captured the best lighting, and just so artistic -- I felt like we were being featured in a wedding magazine. Overall, we were extremely happy with everything and highly recommend William West Studio!

Profile Picture User4473662, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints

What can I say? William West is an amazingly talented photographer.

He had told us beforehand that he works quickly and in the background. I wasn’t sure what that meant, but it proved to be his magic. Because being quick and everywhere without almost being noticed, William managed to not only capture the happy, funny and beautiful moments of our wedding day, but also the details, and the feelings that built up these moments.

William also delivered all our photos within less than two weeks after our wedding day, and looking back at them I really feel like I am reliving my wedding day, over and over again.

We couldn’t be happier with William. He is easy to work with, very professional, nice, and just an incredible wedding photographer. We would highly recommend him to anyone who wants to capture their wedding day in the warmest, most vivid and beautiful way.

From our hearts – thank you William!

Profile Picture Ulrika, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so glad I used William West for my wedding. Both the engagement session and wedding day went very well and very smoothly. I definitely recommend William West for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Theresa, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am glad William West and his associate Jorge photographed my wedding this past Saturday. Thank you for your professionalism and amazing shots. Based on the photos I’ve seen so far, you have exceeded my expectations. For anyone looking for a photographer who can capture candid moments not just smiles for the camera, I highly recommend William West Studios. We were able to take pictures at multiple locations.

Profile Picture User5031589, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

William did the boudoir session for my wedding. From the moment he arrived I felt extremely comfortable. He was extremely easy-going and fun to work with! The next day he showed me a few sneak peeks and they were amazing! I can't wait to see what he does with the wedding! I would highly recommend William West to anyone.

Profile Picture User4366458, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

William was a great find in our planning! He is a very easy person to work with, responsive and responsible with his work. We are really happy with the photos he produced and the seamless process from beginning to end. He was able to capture the feeling of the day and had a very comprehensive group of shots. He made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and he blended in during the ceremony and reception. His presence is unintrusive, yet involved with the moment. He proved to be an excellent choice!

Profile Picture Yoana, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

William was perfect for us and our wedding. He was quick to respond to emails and willing to discuss details prior to, and after, booking him. Taking pictures with him was quick, easy, and fun. He just let us be us and got all the pictures he needed. There was not a lot of posing or holding posses, he is quick the pictures get taken fast. After seeing the finished product this converts into a genuine looking picture, the emotion really comes through. Of course his pictures are beautiful. The colors are vivid, the quality amazing, and the all of them are sharp. Couldn't say enough nice things about him.

Profile Picture User4392229, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Not only did we only have 2 months (or even less!) of wedding planning, we were about to leave for a 6 weeks vacation right in the middle. William was able to respond to all our queries quickly and professionally, and on top of it, quote a very competitive wedding photography package. He was on time and friendly amongst all the madness on the day of the wedding, making both of us feel even more laid-back than we already are. We just looked at the pictures from the special day, and loved them all!

Profile Picture Ann Nah, 7/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We book William for a shooting session in Central Park during our honeymoon. He's very kindky and professional, and his photos are really great!!!

I recommend him for every couple who visit New York City and want a special remember of those days!

Profile Picture Silvia, 6/1/14, 1 Review