Voss Weddings Reviews

157 | Woodbridge, VA

157 Reviews for Voss Weddings

Karina · Married on 10/06/2017

I cannot praise Voss Weddings enough! We had seen Norman in action before our wedding day, and felt comfortable giving him very little direction (he knows exactly what to do!). He did not disappoint! His level of expertise and experience ensures his success. We took advantage of all the services he has to offer, and we were 100% satisfied. Do yourself a favor, and hire Voss Weddings. You can expect the absolute best!

Sent on 11/06/2017

JOANN · Married on 10/01/2017

Voss Weddings provided photography and DJ services for our daughter's wedding. Norman served as the host and DJ at the Top of the Town wedding. He provided both background music and music for dancing, including the playlist selected by the bride and groom. He is a very talented guy and kept things moving, offered variety of dancing and "group dancefloor activities". He is an excellent singer. We also purchased photography services and his staff took a huge number of pictures, including pre-wedding pictures. We received a slideshow, a book and a flash drive with all of the pictures. What I appreciated most is that he handled all of it, leaving us to enjoy the day. Top notch and highly recommended.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2017

Norman Voss is a professional. As my husband put it, Norman is so skilled at setting the tone for the event that you didn't realize it was being so perfectly orchestrated. Our reception went exactly the way we wanted and so much of that is due to his remarkable skills.

I had seen him at a friend's wedding and inherently trusted his work, because of this trust we communicated with him minimally--a must-play song list, and a timeline. Everything went perfectly. He went above and beyond our expectations all night. From singing during the cocktail hour to playing guitar and singing during dinner. He had lights for the dance floor during dancing--something that's just included in his services! Even on the elevator down to leave our reception venue he led a sing-a-long in our elevator with the guests who were with packed in, and changed the lyrics to match my and my husband's story! Just a joy to work with him. He truly made the evening an unforgettable party!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Amy · Married on 06/26/2017

Norman really gave out reception a very unique touch. The demographics of our wedding were extremely varied (old people, young people, Filipinos, and Chinese people), but he managed to bridge all of the ages and cultures together to make for an awesome reception. I had a few Chinese songs she wanted to play and he seamlessly worked them into the event. We were a bit sceptical at first about having a singing DJ but it added an upscale touch to the whole event. When people were unfamiliar with the cha cha slide, he jumped on the dance floor and coached everyone through. His proactive approach really made our event a success and we would not hesitate to hire him again.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Michelle · Married on 06/24/2017

We found Norman on Wedding Wire for our ceremony and reception at Morais Vineyards. Not only were all of our guests raving about his classic vocals, but he continuously kept the whole party dancing and moving as the MC. He did a wonderful job all night. Thanks Norm!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Stacy · Married on 06/17/2017

DJ Voss is an absolute must have for any wedding! He was a great emcee and kept the party going all night. He's a fantastic acoustic guitar player, sings classic Sinatra like you wouldn't believe, and plays a HUGE range of hits to make sure everyone is entertained. I HIGHLY recommend him! He's worth every penny!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Andy · Married on 04/29/2017

We hired Norman Voss after being highly recommended by our venue (Top of the Town). He was absolutely perfect! He can sing, play the guitar, MC the night, and manage your preferred song playlist. Our guests commonly described Norman as a true "renaissance man." I highly recommend you consider having Norman as your DJ.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Veronica · Married on 04/08/2017

The very first time I met Mr. Voss I was working for an senior assisted living community. He is such an awesome performer! My residents absolutely loved him. He is engaging and a awesome vocalist. He gives such an amazing show I could see the faces of my residents as they reminisced on younger days while enjoying the sounds of Mr. Voss. Some even shed tears. Oh and the ladies adore him. His repertoire is vast. I heard some Sinatra, Elvis and Temptations. Mr. Voss you are absolutely a joy.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Melanie · Married on 03/04/2017

Norman Voss was a fantastic DJ at our wedding reception at the Ospreys at Belmont Bay in Woodbridge, VA. We had the pleasure of seeing him work three or four other weddings prior to our own, and each time it just convinced us more that he would be perfect for hosting the reception at our wedding. He sang beautiful classics during dinner with just him and his guitar. This music only added to the ambiance and did not over power or interfere with the conversations and festivities at hand. During the dancing, his music choices were on point. Prior to the actual wedding date, he had contacted us with a proposed schedule of the evening that was easily customizable to our needs. Through these communications we were able to denote particular songs and pieces of music that we wanted played, and those that we definitely did not want played. He listened to us and made our evening exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Linnet · Married on 01/16/2017

Look no further, you will not regret using Voss Weddings on your special day. My husband and I had an amazing day, Norman made it perfect, he's professional, creative and just an all around great guy. We received so many compliments about his singing, the arrangements for photos and just his overall great personality.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Danalisa · Married on 11/25/2016

Norman Voss is the man! He sings, he talks, he takes requests, he takes pictures....He does it all, and he does it flawlessly and professionally. Oh, and he's handsome too. Our guests can't stop talking about how wonderful our event was, and how impressed they were with Norman.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

Norman is an amazing DJ and singer and we are so happy we booked him for our wedding! Our guests are still telling us how much they loved the music. The live singing added that personal touch we were looking for and Norman was so accommodating and easy to work with. I highly recommend booking Norman Voss for your next event!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Shalini · Married on 09/18/2016

We had the pleasure of having Norman be the DJ and MC at my son's wedding reception on 9/18/2016. We are really very happy with his skills and professionalism. Right from the time we decided to go with him, he had been nothing but the most helpful and easy to work with person. He is an amazing singer and the guests were very impressed. At the last minute we had a glitch with a singer friend who could not perform for the first dance, but Norman jumped right in and sang most beautifully and amazed us all. So if anyone is looking for the perfect DJ and MC to host an event, I would say- Norman Voss is who you should reach out to. He was simply awesome and so easy to work with.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Caitlyn · Married on 09/05/2016

He was absolutely fantastic! I booked him with Top of the Town as part of my all inclusive package. It ended up being by far the best party I've ever been to. So many people up and dancing on the dance floor all night long! He did some acoustic/singing while everyone was eating and seriously people came up to the sweetheart table to ask where we found him because he was so great. He was very easy to work with and communicate with beforehand too.

Sent on 09/09/2016

joyce · Married on 09/02/2016

I cannot tell you how amazing Norman Voss was at my daughter's wedding. I had so many people approach me at cocktail hour and say two things, 1. my daughter looks so beautiful, and 2. the entertainment was amazing! Where did we find him? He sang oldies up to present-day popular love songs at the cocktail hour, and was so wonderful as the MC and DJ throughout the evening. My daughter wanted a classy cocktail hour and dinner, and a nice big dance party after. He made that happen perfectly. He had everyone on the dance floor, everyone involved, and made the wedding all about the bride and groom, and not himself. I keep hearing from friends and family over and over what a wonderful party we had, and how amazing and fun the entertainment was. My daughter is calling it her best day ever! Norman boss was a gigantic part of that day. He obviously knows what he's doing, and does it to perfection!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2016

Even though I did not personally hire Norman- we had the pleasure of experiencing his outstanding services at a wedding we did videography for. Norman's voice alone is enough to make any time a good time. Very professional, fun and personable!

Sent on 09/06/2016

I completely meant it when I ended my wedding night telling DJ Voss that, next to my new husband, he was the best choice I made for my wedding day. I cannot even explain to you the feeling my husband and I had walking up to our cocktail hour when we heard his Sinatra style voice floating over the gardens. This guy can sing! From making our cocktail hour the perfectly classy event, to keeping our evening completely on schedule, and getting the dance party going strong as we requested, DJ Voss set the tone for our entire wedding reception. He is an extremely talented person and entertainer. He created the most perfect wedding day ambiance, and we were continually so pleased. We got nothing but compliments from our guests all night about his voice and music! In communicating with DJ Voss from the beginning, he put my mind and zillion questions at ease and made me feel so comfortable that everything would run smoothly in his hands. I kid you not, look no further for your wedding day needs, DJ Voss is THE BEST there is!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Beth · Married on 08/20/2016

Norman and his team are simply the best! So much FUN and very easy to work with. They helped with all of the little details that made our reception perfect! Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/30/2016

Norman is the man. He was so easy to work with and was one of the very few people that didn't give us any headaches! He played guitar and sang during cocktail hour, which was so fantastic. He swooned the older crowd with his perfect renditions of Sinatra, Buble, etc. Our guests of all ages raved how great he was and how he was the BEST DJ they ever heard/saw. Norman is a true professional and exceptional at what he does. We could not have asked for a better DJ. My husband and I wanted to walk in to a Stevie Ray Vaughan song--ideally with the beginning riff and a later verse in one. Norman knew exactly what we were talking about and on wedding day, executed it flawlessly. Norman is the perfect mix of CLASSY and fun.

You will fail if you don't use Norman.

Sent on 08/13/2016

David · Married on 07/29/2016

We recently used Norman Voss to DJ our wedding reception at Top of the Town and he was fantastic. All of our guests loved how he was able to mix genres and generations. We loved his ability to sing and how it set the mood for dinner. Norman was very professional and provided us with an extensive list of songs to work with to create our own playlist. We would definitely recommend using Norman for any event without hesitation.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Eydie · Married on 06/18/2016

There is NO other DJ/musician you should even consider hiring! Our daughter's wedding, cocktail hour & reception, held at The US Naval Academy, was absolutely beautiful & wonderful; but it was Norm Voss' services that made everything come together. It's been many weeks now & I'm still get texts & hand written letters in the mail from our 200+ guests saying how incredible Norm was! HE DID IT ALL! He videotaped the wedding ceremony in the chapel from the balcony, capturing moments that the actual professional photographers we hired didn't record! While taking photos outside after the ceremony on the chapel steps, Norm's drone camera was recording all the action, taking incredible & unique perspective shots that we will treasure forever! During the cocktail hour, he sang like Sinatra, took photos & videos of the guests WHILE HE SANG & never once did he have anything but a beautiful smile on his face! WELOVE THIS GUY! At the reception, in a completely different building on the campus, Norm had set up not only his DJ table but had also put up an incredible light show around the dance floor to go along with the music! He handled all introductions of key family members, bridesmaids, groomsmen, & the new couple, as well as the entire evening's festivities w/class! Norm kept the evening flowing from the couple's first dance, to the blessing, the toasts, to the time when he really got the party started as he opened the dance floor to all the guests & the light show began! If you can possibly believe it, throughout all of this, he continued to somehow ALSO be taking video & still shots of everything that was going on while keeping the reception flowing. He never seemed in the way, or intrusive, but simply the man who kept it all rolling smoothly & beautifully. HIRE NORM! You won't be disappointed but instead will be BLOWN AWAY! Email me for more info if you'd like! He was the BEST vendor we hired for our event hands down! Would HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2016

DJ Voss did an AMAZING job! We were so pleased with his services. I would highly recommend him to others!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Norman was a complete professional and absolutely fabulous! The ceremony went long and Norman was completely flexible adjusting. Norman was DJ for the reception as well as for the cocktail hour during our pictures. During the pre-dinner hour he sang throughout it. I had so many guests approach me to share how they loved this, so I was already making personal recommendations for his services before the festivities were finished! Norman graciously accepted a song request list from guests and played from it during the reception. The dance floor was packed for every song! Guests also shared that they loved the pacing of everything, including all the wedding activities (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.).

Sent on 06/12/2016

Heba · Married on 04/16/2016

Norman did an amazing job at our wedding!! He was so helpful throughout the process and so easy to work with! He catered to everything we asked for and made the evening so much fun!!

Sent on 04/19/2016

We had an event at Top of the Town in Arlington and Norman was amazing! He was so easy to work with, so professional and got our guests up dancing right away. He worked with us last minute and was so accommodating. He took our music suggestions and added his own, really was the perfect addition to our amazing night. Would recommend to anyone looking for a DJ for any event.

Sent on 04/19/2016