Vaught Events Reviews

10 | Willowbrook, IL

10 Reviews for Vaught Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sarah · Married on 07/19/2008

Brad and I wanted to have a stress-free wedding day. We also wanted our family and friends to be able to enjoy the ceremony and reception without having to worry about little details. We decided that having someone with us for the day-of would ensure that everyone would be able to relax and celebrate. Amy and Anika made that possible. We met with Amy to discuss the basics of the wedding, and then met with both Anika and Amy to talk about the final details. Anika came to the rehearsal, organized our large bridal party and family, and made sure that everything was ready for the next day. On the day-of, she picked up lunch for the guys, delivered flowers to all of the approriate people, and made sure that the rain didn't deter our spirits. Anika made sure the ceremony and reception were set up and ready to go, brought us drinks and appetizers, and communicated with the reception coordinator, dj, photographers, and videographer. She even hauled all of the gifts to the hotel. Anika truly was a lifesaver and couldn't have made the day go smoother! Her positive energy kept everyone calm and at ease. As we look back at the day, we can't help but wonder what we would have done if we hadn't had Anika with us. She handled everything, and she handled everything perfectly. Thank you!

Sent on 08/07/2008

Caryn · Married on 07/06/2008

As I started planning my wedding, I was certain that I could handle all of details and coordination. As I got further into it, I began to think that maybe a little help wouldn't be so bad! My fiance and I met with Amy and booked her on the spot! I immediately felt a huge sense of relief in knowing that she was going to help see me through the day of the wedding! Prior to the wedding, Amy was readily available to communicate with me, answer questions and give advice. She contacted all of our vendors to finalize everything for the wedding day. When the big day arrived, everything went perfectly! I didn't have to worry about a single thing! It was wonderful to just be able to enjoy the day and know that Amy was there to field questions and make sure everything was "just right!" I couldn't be happier with my decision to work with Amy on the biggest day of my life!!

Sent on 08/03/2008

Heather · Married on 07/05/2008

Amy and her staff were absolute life savers! We had a very complicated wedding/reception plan that included nearly a dozen vendors, a room change over, two shuttles, and a slew of do-it-yourself items that needed to be set-up throughout the night. We also had a very large wedding party, over 250 wedding guests, and a few complicated family dynamics with which to contend. Amy and her team made sure everything happened on time and in a professional manner, all while keeping the details from getting in the way of an absolutely perfect day. Amy and her team were well-worth every penny, and I have recommended them to everyone I know.

Lauren · Married on 06/21/2008

Amy was well worth more than three times what she charged us. Even my dad, who wondered why I'd ever hire a DOC, was raving about her for weeks after our wedding. No detail went unnoticed by this woman!

Just a sampling of the countless things she did to make our day easier:
    -Met with me ahead of time to come up with a day-of timeline
    -Kept the church coordinators away from me (since they were evil & I'd asked her to)
    -Fixed corsages that were stabbing people
    -Provided a bottle of water for me
    -Made sure everyone was where they needed to be, when they needed to be there

We didn't have to worry about a single thing all day. If we were wondering about something, all we had to do was ask Amy, and it was taken care of. She was the glue that held my wedding day together.

Cyndi · Married on 03/01/2008

I was recommended to Amy by a friend and never turned back. I was planning my wedding from out of town and Amy was more than accommodating when it came to scheduling my meetings and ensuring we had plenty of time to review things while I was in Chicago. One of our meetings was even the morning before she had to meet with another bride for her wedding. Amy knew it was the only weekend I was in town and made it work.
    Amy did a fabulous job of running the rehearsal. In 30 minutes we were done! She effectively had everyone's attention and got the job done quickly.
    As for the day of, she even made a quick trip to DSW when one of my BM broke the heel of her she. The shoe she picked out was perfect (the BM was going to buy that she but couldn't find it in her size a few weeks prior!).

Sent on 08/02/2008

Alisha · Married on 10/14/2006

Amy was fantastic. My husband and I went back and forth for months trying to decide if we should hire a day of coordinator, and I'm so glad we decided to go with Amy. She took care of every little detail, and we actually enjoyed our wedding day instead of worrying that everything would go as planned. I highly recommend her to anyone planning an event.

Liz · Married on 12/29/2007

Amy was a lifesaver!! We were not sure about hiring a day of coordinator at all, but Amy was definitely worth the money. I had a lot of little details that I wanted to pull off on the day of the wedding, and they would not have been possible without her. I am very much a perfectionist so I was a little hesitant to turn everything over to someone else, but everything was definitely in good hands. Amy is ultra organized and she made me feel at ease every time I talked with her. The day of the wedding, she worked her butt off to set up, clean up, etc. For example, I had a candy buffet instead of favors and she set it all up during dinner beautifully and packed it all up at midnight when the guests had left. She then brought all the stuff (jars, table numbers, gifts, etc.) to our hotel room so we didn't have to worry about a thing. If she wasn't there, we would have been cleaning everything up ourselves with the help of our families.

Amy was not over-bearing at all as I've heard many coordinators can be, but was always around when I needed her. The bridal party and our parents felt very comfortable with her and all turned to her with questions throughout the weekend. Everyone was able to meet her at the rehearsal the night before, which was very nice. All my vendors loved working with Amy, which is also very important. Many times vendors do not like when someone has a coordinator (a few of mine hinted that to me), but they all had positive things to say about Amy. She has a lot of positive relationships with vendors, which is very helpful.

I truly feel that a great deal of my wedding's success can be attributed to Amy's hard work. I know that sounds corny, but she really pulled everything together! I could not imagine worrying about everything that night or turning to my parents or bridal party...I wanted them to enjoy the evening too! Also, she was very reasonable compared to other coordinators.

Sent on 07/31/2008

Erin · Married on 10/11/2008

Amy was a gem on our wedding day! We were so relieved to have her there coordinating all the logistics and putting everyone at ease. Since she was 8 months pregnant, she brought along her Mom to help with different things and her Mom was very professional and friendly. She helped transport items from one location to another, went out to get lunch for the girls, had a bag with all sorts of wedding day essentials, did some last minute sewing and even made a forgotten boutineer within minutes! She's very resourceful and great to work with. Only 2 complaints - she was more than an hour late to the rehearsal! Thankfully the pastor was running the rehearsal but regardless, her tardiness violated contract and made us all nervous about what might happen on the actual wedding day! She was clearly upset about being late and very apologetic. The only other thing was she left the bridal room unlocked at the reception site. There were purses in there and other personal items and we were told that it would be secure there. When the head table found out that there were random girls using the room, we all started to panic. All was okay, but the situation caused unnecessary worry. Overall though, Amy and her mom did a wonderful job and my husband and I received so many compliments about how everything was so well executed. Amy's services was definitely money very well spent! Her presence made me feel so calm and collected throughout the day - a HUGE benefit.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Meredith · Married on 05/31/2008

Amy was just incredible as our day of coordinator. We had some unique circumstances come up during the day, and she handled them amazingly well. We don't know what we would have done without her!

Sent on 08/15/2008

Sarah · Married on 08/30/2008

She did an awesome job with all the tasks and making sure everything looked as planned and getting things home at the end of the night and putting my parents and guests at ease. It was really priceless to have someone else clean everything up at the end of the night and bring everything back to our condo and just watch out for all the things we did not have time to during the wedding day. I seriously don’t know how people have weddings with out them. However, I was disappointed that my major concern was that I did not want to have to be bossy to our large bridal party about the timeline (we have a very short time to take pictures at the church and before the reception) and I just did not think she really emphasized that to them at the rehearsal dinner. Her speech to them seemed rushed and not really thought out and Phil and I ended up explaining to them how important hurrying to places was when taking pictures. It all worked out fine I just wish I did not have to worry about that. Also, and I know this is going to sound nit-picky, but her time line left a lot to be desired, there are a lot of cute templates out there and I expected more. Would I hire her again? Yes

Sent on 10/15/2008