The Waldron Public House Reviews

The Waldron Public House 5
The Waldron Public House 6
The Waldron Public House 7
  • User6669583 ·

My husband and I chose to have our wedding reception at the Waldron last week and it exceeded our expectations. It was much less expensive than other places and still was amazing. My party coordinator, Erin, was very professional and responded quickly to my phone calls and emails. She took care of everything and made the whole process very smooth. The food was very good and guests complimented both the food and the venue. The service was excellent as well just wish they would leave my stuff alone. I kept getting a drink and would walk away for a minute only to come back to my drink gone. I did this all night and was very frustrated they even took away my cake as I was taking pics with guests.

• Priscilla

Priscilla · Married on 08/12/2018

Erin was great and flexible throughout the reservation process. She answered all of our questions and made sure we had all the information we needed. I cannot wait for our wedding!

Anna · Married on 04/17/2018

I was SO impressed with the Waldron after having my event there. The staff was very accommodating, and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. Every question I had was answered promptly by Erin, and every concern was addressed right away the night of. They made it possible for me, the planner, to have fun at my own event, which was such an absolute blessing. I could recommend the Waldron for any and every event!!!!!

Susie · Married on 04/14/2018

Wedding is still planned, but Erin has been awesome with all the planning and taste testing. She was patient with all of our questions and was very receptive and flexible to our needs.

• Z

Zachary · Married on 10/07/2017

The staff was amazing, especially considering my event was delayed several hours due to a power outage. Well done.

Natalie · Married on 09/02/2017

So far so great! The wedding is in the Fall, but so far Jenna has been nothing but extraordinary! The venue is perfect and exactly what my fiance and I were looking for!

Karen · Married on 08/12/2017

Beautiful atmosphere. Excellent service. Very pleased.

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2017

The Waldron was a great choice for our wedding ceremony and reception. Erin was a pleasure to work with from day one. As we got closer to the event Erin and her team really kept us on track and I never had to worry about staying on schedule with the decisions we needed to make. The tasting was a fun experience and Erin was really helpful in making suggestions. Everyone enjoyed the food at the wedding too! The Waldron has 3 different floors, all with a different look and feel. We used the 3rd floor for the ceremony, dinner and dancing reception and the 2nd floor for the cocktail hour. We loved having the two different spaces to change things up throughout the evening. We had 74 people in our group and the space felt very comfortable. Our wedding guests all commented on how great the bartenders were too...they knew how to make a decent cocktail and they were efficient - I never noticed a line at the bar (even though our bill would suggest that everyone drank A LOT). I would definitely recommend this venue!

The Waldron Public House 8
    The Waldron Public House 9
    The Waldron Public House 10
    The Waldron Public House 11
    The Waldron Public House 12

Erica · Married on 06/17/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception here and I could not recommend it enough! There was no hidden fees, no last minute charges, great response time, and the staff did EVERYTHING to make the night run smoothly! I was so tired from a long day and the bar tender went out to find me a Red Bull even though he didn’t have one at the bar! This is THE place for a wedding in GR! You can’t go wrong!

The Waldron Public House 13
    The Waldron Public House 14
    The Waldron Public House 15
    The Waldron Public House 16
    The Waldron Public House 17
    The Waldron Public House 18

Jenny · Married on 06/02/2017

The entire staff worked together to ensure we had an amazing wedding and reception! They venue was beautiful, food was amazing and we received excellent service. The Waldron was a great value and very reasonably priced!

• User7898393 · 1+ year ago

Everything about the Waldron was perfection. With less than three months to plan, a friend recommended the Waldron Public House and we could not be more pleased. Erin Lindsey is simply amazing. I reached out to her and in less than one business day we were able to tour the venue. We chose to host our event on the first floor and the cost difference… it was exactly what we wanted; think exposed brick, wood, black leather, Edison lights, lounge area…
    Choosing options for the food tasting was difficult, as their menu is amazing! The portions were huge, the food was delicious, and the Chef even came out to introduce himself.
    Erin was quick to respond to all correspondence and ever helpful with suggestions or offering little extras that the Waldron could provide. She never seemed annoyed at my endless questions or repeating herself. She felt like an old friend who was as invested in our day as we were.
    Day of… WOW! Erin met my groom to help him w/set up and was even there later in the evening to make sure things got kicked off ok- I cannot tell you how much that meant. Our guests loved everything about the venue. It was beautiful and relaxed. The food was amazing (prime rib, bruschetta chicken, and atlantic salmon). The staff that evening was on top of everything! Jenna, the event manager and Will, the GM were accessible and extremely helpful in making sure everything ran smoothly and that everyone enjoying themselves.
    As you can tell, I cannot say enough great things about the Waldron and its staff. This was the perfect Barfly Venture trifecta for my husband and I. First date at Hopcat, first kiss at Stella’s, and wedding reception at the Waldron!
    For those curious about the cost- VERY reasonable and MUCH less than what you would expect for the service and experience that you get.

Samantha · Married on 03/24/2017

Love everything about the Waldron public house! Erin and Jenna were amazing

Hannah · Married on 12/31/2016

I could not recommend the Waldron enough, my wedding was everything I imagined and more because of them! The staff was so helpful and supportive from day one and made planning so easy, and Erin was wonderful to work with. She thought of details I would have overlooked and really worked with me to make my ideas come to life! The service the night of was fantastic and everyone made the night carefree and fun!

The Waldron is such a value for the location and the quality of service provided! 10/10 hands down!

Katie · Married on 10/28/2016

We had our wedding reception at the Waldron Public house. I was looking for something that was a fun atmosphere, classy and elegant yet flexible. I feel that the Waldron Public House was the perfect venue for us. I had great expectations of what our reception would be like and it exceeded every expectation. The staff, service and food was amazing. My family and friends all had great things to say and we were so glad we found this venue for our big day! I would recommend Erin and her amazing team to anyone!

Jaime · Married on 10/01/2016

Erin Lindsay at the Waldron made our wedding reception so special. She treated us as a top priority and made sure our reception was exactly how we wanted it. The Waldron is a perfect place for any big event or even a intimate setting. We loved it because it looks so historical and has that all over antique look that we wanted. The food was just as AMAZING. All of our guests were raving about the quality and quantity of all the dishes. I can't say enough good things about the Waldron. Erin, Will and all the staff thank you all so very much for giving us the best reception. You guys all made our Wedding day what it was, thank you so much!!! Michael and Jaime Teunis 10-01-16

Cheryl · Married on 09/17/2016

I would highly recommend The Waldron! Erin was excellent to work with. Her knowledge exceptional!

LOVED this venue for my son's wedding! Event planner, general manager, bartenders and servers were all so professional, calm, attentive and friendly. The ceremony was in the Pearl Room, followed by a cocktail reception in the Jamison Lounge, then the reception back in the Pearl Room. So great to have it all in one location. We received rave reviews from guests on the food (we had caprese chicken, fettuccine alfredo, and BBQ rib plated meals). We kept the bartenders hopping all night! It is a perfect venue for 80-130 people. Because the facility is so cool, we didn't have to do hardly any decorating. Highly recommended!

The only things I would suggest be done differently: 1) fix the bathroom door in the Pearl Room - we had at least 1 guest get stuck in there because the lock and the door were so hard to open/close 2) serve the wine before the best man/maid of honor's toast 2) always serve the parents' tables before the other guests. We actually got served last for both wine and dinner. Since we were paying for it, I expected to be served right after the bridal party, and our food was a little cold because of it. Little changes like that would make it absolutely perfect.

Marisa · Married on 09/12/2015

We had our wedding reception here and it was PERFECT! We had about 95 people, and used the Pearl Room. The food was amazing! The wait staff is amazing! We had non-stop comments from people. Erin at McFadden's worked right along with us, making sure our night was all we had ever wanted. And it was! The staff goes above and beyond, making everyone feel special. I can not say enough positive things about using McFadden's! I am SO glad we used them!

Lynette · Married on 08/20/2015

Everyone at Mcfaddens, from the time we began our search for a venue to the minute we walked out the door after the rehearsal dinner, was as helpful, professional and friendly as could be. Compared to other places the cost was very reasonable. The food was delicious. We chose to do heavy hors d'oeuvres. Our guests were very pleased with the food.
    The space was beautiful, relaxed but distinctive. We had lots of room to spread out, visit, play pool and enjoy each other's company yet it's such a cozy, warm place. Erin very patiently worked with me to get just the right set up of tables and high tops.

The event staff was great! In such a busy time of wedding planning with so many details to look after, it was a relief to be in the hands of such competent and understanding people. I would not hesitate to wholeheartedly recommend McFadden's to anyone considering an event!

McFadden's was wonderful!! If you are looking for a venue downtown with great value this is the place!! Erin is great at getting back to you, and the staff is so accommodating. My wedding was a wonderful experience and I have them to thank!!

From the beginning stages of planning through the end of the reception, Erin and the team at McFadden's were incredibly warm, professional, and capable. They anticipated our needs, were flexible with requests, and had impeccable service throughout our event, even while planning from out of state. We'd highly recommend them for any event.

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

I just had my wedding there a few weeks ago and McFaddens was awesome! Erin was very on top of things and walked me through every thing we needed to do. The day of everything went perfectly! The food was amazing and everyone loved the beer selections. I highly recommend McFaddens for any type of event!

Natalie · Married on 06/12/2015

We had our wedding reception on a Fri night at McFaddens. Erin set up the room to accommodate 150 people. We had appetizers and open bar for 4 hours. The event went off without a hitch! The staff were fantastic. We never had any lines at the bar (the bartenders were very fast). The food was fantastic. I would highly recommend this location for a wedding reception!

McFadden's was the perfect place to hold our intimate wedding reception! Erin, the even coordinator, was a pleasure to work with. She was professional, prompt, and flexible. She was willing to go above and beyond to help make our day spectacular! I loved that we didn't need too many decorations because the room was already so beautiful. The black trim plus the tea candles they put out made it a very romantic atmosphere. We had plated dinners, and the staff was very attentive. On top of it all, McFadden's was the most affordable option out there. Some people say that they would worry about walking past the restaurant/bar area to get to and from the Pearl Room, but it was not a problem at all. We had our wedding on a Friday night, and walking downstairs to leave wasn't weird. The staff and people at the bar were respectful. I definitely recommend McFadden's for a wedding reception!!